#1446097 04/28/18 12:40 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospe...tatus=UNDRAFTED

I legit hope we take the punter from Texas before the draft is over. That guy is a beast.

cfrs15 #1446099 04/28/18 12:46 AM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Still would like DT Hurst, WR St. Brown, S Deshone Elliott, LB Tegray Scales

cfrs15 #1446100 04/28/18 12:47 AM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Lazar, Sweat still out there.

They desperately need WR talent. I would hope they would trade up in the 4th to get some.

you had a good run Hank.
tru_dawgs #1446102 04/28/18 12:48 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

I don't think anyone is taking Hurst. I just want the punter. That's all I care about.

cfrs15 #1446104 04/28/18 12:54 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I want the Browns to take Shaquem Griffin.

Milk Man #1446105 04/28/18 12:56 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Is that the name of the punter from Texas? If so, yes I agree.

cfrs15 #1446106 04/28/18 01:01 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Of course, it's the Texas punter's pseudonym. You already knew that, however. Trying to be coy, well played.

Milk Man #1446107 04/28/18 01:07 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Of course, it's the Texas punter's pseudonym. You already knew that, however. Trying to be coy, well played.

I would honestly take the punter from Texas with the 114th pick. He's going to be a top five punter in the league as soon as he is drafted. How many punters leave school early?

cfrs15 #1446114 04/28/18 01:30 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Are the Browns done adding tools to put around this new quarterback?

If you could only have one, would you rather a TE or a WR.

With 10 picks in the draft every year, the Browns need to commit to keep the team together which means "all" 10 draft picks shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot.

Day 3?

How long can the Browns keep this current team together?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
cfrs15 #1446118 04/28/18 01:44 AM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Day 1 grade: B-
Day 2 grade: B+

Who I would've drafted (for posterity's sake):
1. Rosen
2. Minkah
3. Harold Landry
4. Courtland Sutton
5. Justin Reid

cfrs15 #1446124 04/28/18 04:13 AM
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
A lot of safety depth still out there to target - Kyzir White, Armani Watts, Godwin Igwebuike, Deshon Elliott, Trayvon Henderson, Dane Cruikshank, Quin Blading, Kam Kelly (I like Igwebuike and Cruikshank as more free safety types)

I think we are done with Oline personally but I still like Jamarco Jones as a prospect and Will Richardson.

CB depth is still great - Anthony Averett, Parry Nickerson, Holton Hill, Quentin Meeks, Avonte Maddox, Tony Brown, Nick Nelson, Kevin Toliver (I like the Alabama guys Averett and Brown and if off field is cleared, Holton Hill is intriguing)

Very little OLB left - I don't see us going before round 6 unless you like what Shaquem Griffin brings as he is kind of a hybrid LB/S. Else Matthew Thomas, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Skai Moore are names (I like Moore, not much help in run game but very good cover LB for sub packages)

ILB - Still some interesting names out there - Tegray Scales, Micah Kiser, Josey Jowell, Andre Smith, Christian Sam, Jack Cichy, Genard Avery
Joel Iyiegbuniwe are names. (I love Avery as a football player, his hi-lite real is insane. Not sure he's a true ILB but i like him as a football player to coach up)

Edges - Josh Sweat (medicals), Dorance Armstrong, Ade Aruna and Jalyn Holmes, Duke Eliojor (was my guy :-( )seem to be the only guys that seem more like true 4-3 guys or guys with frames we'd target. I don't see us taking another one after we grabbed Chad Thomas (too early!)

DTs - still some decent depth - Mo Hurst (Mayock said he was off just about every team's board due to heart condition), Tim Settle, Foley Fatukasi, Andrew Brown, RJ McIntosh, Bilal Nichols, Trenton Thompson are some names. I could see us grabbing one in 5th or 6th round

RB/FBs - Still some nice players on the board. Nyheim Hines everyone seems to like as a Duke Johnson/Tarek Cohen type back. John Kelly, Mark Walton, Kalen Ballage, Josh Adams, Roc Thomas, Phillip Lindsay, Bo Scarbrough, Jaylen Samuels. I doubt we go here unless for fullback Dimitri Flowers (Mayfied's teammate at OU) or if there are doubts we sign Duke longterm then perhaps we grab one of the slash RB types

TE - still some nice depth but again not sure we grab one unless for developmental, practice squad type to groom (unless new regime does not like Seth Devalve). Ian Thomas, Dalton Schultz, Durham Smythe, Chris Herndon, Tyler Conklin, Will Dissly, Ryan Izzo are some names (i like Smythe, Herndon, Dissly and Izzo)

WR - Surprised we did not address on Day 2. Feel we'll grab at least 1 here on Day 3. Slots - Daesean Hamilton, Richie James, Deontay Burnett, Braxton Berrios, Keke Coutee (not sure we'll target these guys because of Landry). Outside guys I like - Simmie Cobbs, Byron Pringle, Equanimeous St Brown, Cedrick Wilson, Auden Tate, Allen Lazard

If I were to prioritize based on what depth is left and positional need, I would target:

4th round (1 pick) - WR/Safety
5th round (1 pick) - WR/Safety/DT/LB
6th round (3 picks) - BPA

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
cfrs15 #1446130 04/28/18 04:21 AM
Legend
Legend
I really wanted Reid or the WR that went to New Orleans with our last pick

So I guess I hope we take a WR at some point

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
cfrs15 #1446137 04/28/18 06:43 AM
Legend
Legend
It might be worth it to take a shot at Hurst or Crosby
St. Brown, Cain, and the PSU WR also interest me

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
cfrs15 #1446157 04/28/18 07:58 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Guys I would like:
This is not in the order they will get drafted

Skai Moore - Lb South Carolina
He is a great cover Lb
Finally someone who can pass defend a TE

Kevin Tolliver - Cb LSU
Big Cb to match up with the big Wr's
We got Ward who will shutdown guys like Antonio Brown - as much as you can shutdown a player like that
Tolliver will match up with the bigWr's like AJ Green
LSU is phenomenal at producing Wr's and Db's

A Wr - there are several pretty decent Wr's still available.
Callaway, Tate, Hamilton, Lazard, Cobbs, Scott
I want one. I don't really care which one as they all grade pretty similar, but I want one

Maurist Hurst - DT UM
It's time we took a risk and had it pay off for us
Round 6 is the time to pull the trigger

We have 5 picks right?
Guess I would take a flyer on one of the FS's available
Jeremy Reaves South Alabama or Kameron Kelly SDST
At worst, we'll get a good special teams player

Crosby OT Oregon might be a nice pickup too

Last edited by Jester; 04/28/18 07:59 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
cfrs15 #1446162 04/28/18 08:20 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For informational purposes, we have the following picks

Round 4 - #114
Round 5 - #150
Round 6 - #175, #178, #188

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_river_index

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
cfrs15 #1446172 04/28/18 08:41 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I would like to take the (3) 6th round picks and trade up into the mid 4th round. Its doable if the trade value chart is to be believed.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

With our 3 remaining picks (114, 120-ish, and 150), look at WRs, CBs, OTs, and LBs. Or else get cfrs15 his damn punter.

Dave #1446190 04/28/18 09:11 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
I would like to take the (3) 6th round picks and trade up into the mid 4th round. Its doable if the trade value chart is to be believed.

With our 3 remaining picks (114, 120-ish, and 150), look at WRs, CBs, OTs, and LBs. Or else get cfrs15 his damn punter.

Another OT?

I hope we take a DT in the mix.

Dave #1446191 04/28/18 09:12 AM
Legend
Legend
Punter from Texas might be available. LOL

I am thinking LB and WR. Any decent edge rusher depth we like here?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
tru_dawgs #1446193 04/28/18 09:17 AM
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
At this point I think Hurst's heart condition has completely scared off teams.

PDXBrownsFan #1446197 04/28/18 09:25 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

Another OT?

I hope we take a DT in the mix.

I was thinking Left Tackle. Everything I've read about Corbett is that he is a jack-of-all-trades type OL. Somebody said he is another John Greco. Another scout said he can play any position on the OL from LG to RT. So I'm wondering if we shouldn't consider Tyrell Crosby, Jamarco Jones, or Martinas Rankin. The Browns would know more than I would whether they are viable NFL LT's.

Bard Dawg #1446199 04/28/18 09:28 AM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Punter from Texas might be available. LOL

I am thinking LB and WR. Any decent edge rusher depth we like here?

Josh Sweat, Duke Ejiofor, Dorrance Armstrong.

Dave #1446200 04/28/18 09:30 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I was thinking Left Tackle.

Watching Wolf and Highsmith's presser he was drafted to compete for LT and they are hopeful he can transition to the NFL as one. I think the Steeler dude we signed at FA is our RT and then they can keep Drango/Coleman/Johnson as depth. We still don't know enough about Johnson as Sashi drafted him with LT in mind, but he got hurt. One of them will most likely be cut.

RE: Center...we re-signed Austin Reiter and they like him a lot. He could even make a push as a starter.

cfrs15 #1446213 04/28/18 09:56 AM
Legend
Legend
Top 50 remaining prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft
3. MAURICE HURST, MICHIGAN – INTERIOR DEFENDER
The prototypical 3-technique defensive tackle, Hurst offers a pass-rushing toolbox that no other interior player in this class can come close to matching. His four-year career of grades is unlike anything we’ve ever seen at the defensive tackle position, proving his durability and sustainability at the position.

32. JAMARCO JONES, OHIO STATE – TACKLE
Jones wins the award for prettiest pass sets in the entire class. That’s even more encouraging considering how little Ohio State’s offense asked him to take true pass sets. He’s already NFL ready in that regard and has improved every season of his college career.

40. OGBONNIA OKORONKWO, OKLAHOMA – EDGE DEFENDER
A tad undersized, Okoronkwo has enough length and juice to make us think he can hold up on the edge. Unlike Davenport, Okoronkwo more than held his own at the Senior Bowl and flourished in the actual game with two sacks and four other hurries.

47. KYLE LAULETTA, RICHMOND – QUARTERBACK
Lauletta posted the top grade among all quarterbacks in the draft class when throwing at the intermediate (10-19-yard) level, though he must improve his work on the deep ball where he ranked 34th among draft-eligible quarterbacks. He had an excellent week at the Senior Bowl where he showed off his red-zone accuracy and came away with the top grade among quarterbacks during team drills.

52. NICK NELSON, WISCONSIN – CORNERBACK
Nelson has one year of elite play at Wisconsin, allowing just 36.9 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught and notching 14 pass breakups. He didn’t have a single interception over his career, and wasn’t the same dominant force before he transferred while at Hawaii, but the upside in his 2017 season is hard to ignore.

53. WYATT TELLER, VIRGINIA TECH – GUARD
Teller possesses about as much nastiness as any offensive linemen in this draft class when he wants to show it. He had some of the most dominant blocks we’ve seen this past season and that explosiveness will translate well to the NFL. Teller is a four-year starter with impressive grades each season.

55. PARRY NICKERSON, TULANE – CORNERBACK
Nickerson is a player with multiple seasons of high-level PFF grading for Tulane. His 2017 season features one of the most spectacular interceptions of the season and allowed an NFL passer rating of just 39.0. He allowed just one touchdown in each of the past two seasons.

60. DUKE EJIOFOR, WAKE FOREST – EDGE DEFENDER

Ejiofor matches up with some of the top prospects in this class size-wise, but doesn’t have near the same juice. The encouraging thing is that he’s trended upwards as a pass-rusher every single year of his career.

61. ANTONIO CALLAWAY, FLORIDA – WIDE RECEIVER
Callaway has plenty of off-field issues, but when on the field, he’s an explosive, big-play threat who averaged 7.3 yards after the catch per reception and 13.4 per punt return during his college career.

63. HERCULES MATA’AFA, WASHINGTON STATE – EDGE DEFENDER

Mata’afa played a grand total of seven snaps this season outside the tackles, but tipping the scales around 250-pounds, the Washington State defender will have to end up there in the NFL. It’s intriguing that he still racked up double-digit sacks from the interior – often blowing past guards and centers at the snap with his lightning quick first step.

64. CEDRICK WILSON, BOISE STATE – WIDE RECEIVER
Wilson has the skills to win on the outside or in the slot as he’s quick off the line and after the catch where he forced 22 missed tackles on 140 catches over the last two years. He may not be much of a deep threat after catching 38.7 percent of his 20-plus yard targets last season (112th in the nation), but he has two years of excellent production and the route-running to do damage as a complementary threat.

66. EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN, NOTRE DAME – WIDE RECEIVER
Brown has excellent size at a listed 6-foot-5 and while he had an inconsistent career, he’s a potential big-play threat after averaging 16.1 yards per reception at Notre Dame. He can use his body to box out smaller defenders, though he still has to work on the nuances of his route-running. If St. Brown can put it all together, he has a chance to emerge as one of the better receivers in the class.

67. WILL CLAPP, LSU – CENTER
Clapp has multiple years grading very well in the SEC at both center and guard. That’s an impressive accomplishment in and of itself. Add in some of the best hands in this draft class, and Clapp is ready to start sooner rather than later.

71. TYRELL CROSBY, OREGON – TACKLE
Crosby is arguably the most physical tackle in the entire class. He’s also another player who has done it on both the left and right side in the college ranks. Crosby’s not going to win any awards for his athleticism, and could ultimately end up at guard, but he’s an easy projection as a run-blocker.

72. SKAI MOORE, SOUTH CAROLINA – LINEBACKER
Moore has a lot of negatives working against him, but his play has been excellent in the SEC, which is no small order. His PFF coverage grade of 88.7 was one of the highest in the nation in 2017, one spot above Georgia’s Smith, and his instincts are clearly excellent. He will need to convince NFL teams that he can still produce with a step up in competition given he is both undersized and potentially less athletic than they would like. Missing the entire 2016 season with a herniated disc is also a major injury red flag and he will need to check out medically as well.

75. JOSEY JEWELL, IOWA – LINEBACKER

Iowa’s Jewell is an all-around linebacker who has graded well in all areas. He doesn’t have the same eye-popping measurables as the players above him in this list, but he has some impressive tape that should get him deserved consideration regardless. He has been a quality coverage linebacker and allowed zero touchdowns in 2017 despite leading the draft class among linebackers with 55 targets on the season. He also had 61 defensive stops, the sixth-most among linebackers in this class, giving him three-down ability at the next level.

76. DAESEAN HAMILTON, PENN STATE – WIDE RECEIVER
Hamilton is one of the best all-around receivers in the class due to his route running and ability to create late separation down the field. He had the highest catch rate in the draft class on deep passes last season at 73.3 percent.

78. GREG STROMAN, VIRGINIA TECH – CORNERBACK
Virginia Tech has sent some quality defensive backs to the NFL in recent seasons and Stroman enters the draft off the back of some sensational coverage numbers. He allowed an NFL passer rating of just 26.8 when targeted in 2017, surrendering just 12 catches all season. Stroman has solid height and length, and multiple seasons of quality coverage grades to make him an intriguing prospect.

79. MARCELL ATEMAN, OKLAHOMA STATE – WIDE RECEIVER
Ateman uses his 6-foot-4 frame well, producing on back-shoulder throws and slant routes. He projects as more of a possession receiver and red zone threat after hauling in 320 yards on contested catches, ninth-best in the nation. Ateman doesn’t separate as well as others in the class, but he handles press coverage well and he knows how to uses his size as an asset for quarterbacks willing to give him opportunities to make plays.

80. MIKE WHITE, WESTERN KENTUCKY – QUARTERBACK
White took some time to adjust to a new offense last season, but he came around as the year progressed. He throws the ball well down the field where he posted the top adjusted completion percentage on deep passes in 2016 and ranked seventh in the draft class in PFF grade last season on those 20-plus yard throws. However, there’s work to be done in the short game where White could stand to improve his touch and ball placement. He’s worth a look as a developmental player as he has the tools and production to be one of the intriguing quarterbacks in the class.

81. KYZIR WHITE, WEST VIRGINIA – SAFETY
With size, movement skills and two years of solid production under his belt, White has a chance to be a hot name during the draft process. He played West Virginia’s slot role, which consisted of mostly spot-drop zone play where White showed good range and ball skills. He attacks the run and screen game downhill, and his experience in WVU’s system should serve him well as a curl/flat defender in a box-safety role at the next level.

82. QUIN BLANDING, VIRGINIA – SAFETY
A four-year starter at Virginia, Blanding had three excellent years of grading and one poor season in 2015. He fits best in a split-safety role, where he has sufficient range and can work downhill against the run, particularly in quarters looks. Blanding finds the ball well in the run game and he’s a sure tackler, as he missed only 43 of his incredible 502 tackles attempts during his career.

83. NYHEIM HINES, NC STATE – RUNNING BACK
Hines is an undersized back, but one that excels on the ground and has the talent to make an impact as a receiver. He dropped just two passes from 33 targets in 2017 and averaged 3.8 yards per carry after contact on the ground. He runs with impressive patience and ability to set up blocking, and could prove to be a mid-round steal.

85. DARIUS PHILLIPS, WESTERN MICHIGAN – CORNERBACK
An intriguing prospect, Phillips has four solid seasons of PFF grading throughout his college career, but only three of them were at cornerback, having begun his career as a wide out for the Broncos. He has performed well against top competition and adds value as a return man, but his size and strength is a concern. He allowed fewer than 50.0 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught (49.5) over his college career.

87. SHAQUEM GRIFFIN, UCF – LINEBACKER

One of the most intriguing players in the entire draft, UCF’s Shaquem Griffin is missing one hand after having it amputated as a child. He has been an exceptional pass-rusher in college, but would be remarkably undersized for that role in the NFL and will likely need to prove his abilities as an off-the-ball-linebacker. However, Griffen did generate pressure at a greater per-snap rate than 2016 first-round pick Hasson Reddick. Griffin has overcome long odds throughout his football career, but his true prospects at linebacker are all a projection.

89. DESHON ELLIOTT, TEXAS – SAFETY
Elliott improved every year at Texas, finishing 2017 with a strong 85.5 overall grade. He has good range at deep safety, often finding himself in the right place at the right time, and he secured six interceptions last season, though that number could have been much higher, as he dropped a number of turnover opportunities. He’s not a physical force against the run, but Elliott can fly to the ball and his range makes him one of the better free safety prospects in the draft.

90. JOE OSTMAN, CENTRAL MICHIGAN – EDGE DEFENDER
Ostman was the most productive pass-rusher in this draft class this past season, notching 54 total pressures. His length and athleticism are lacking, but his production is hard to ignore.

96. KEKE COUTEE, TEXAS TECH – WIDE RECEIVER
Coutee’s speed and quickness make him an all-around weapon as he can win from the slot or as a gimmick player at the next level. He can make plays in the short game and down the field where he ranked eighth in the nation with 542 yards on deep passes last season while ranking only 114th in deep passing attempts. A creative offensive coordinator will get the most out of Coutee’s skillset, but he has a role in the slot at the very least.

97. DAMON WEBB, OHIO STATE – SAFETY

Perhaps the best pure free safety in the draft, Webb has outstanding movement skills that allow him to make plays on the ball from a single-high alignment. His quickness is also on display when covering slot receivers, which allows Webb to offer up a versatile skill set for creative defensive teams willing to use him on the back end and in the slot. Webb’s not great in the run game, but his lateral quickness makes him one of the more unique talents in the draft.

98. KRIS WEATHERSPOON, TROY – SAFETY
Players used to be tarred with the ‘tweener’ tag as a negative, consigning them to a career-long struggle to conform to one position and fit into the NFL, but now those players are matchup weapons on defense, and Weatherspoon could be a perfect matchup weapon. He is a safety with experience manning the slot and shows good feel for zone coverage in either role. He enters the league at the perfect time for him to make an impact.

99. JAVON WIMS, GEORGIA – WIDE RECEIVER
One of the bigger receivers in the draft, Wims has solid straight-line speed and some nuance to his route-running, making him a downfield threat after averaging 15.7 yards per attempt last season. He routinely uses his long frame to make off-target catches, but he has a chance to be more than a highlight-reel receiver at the next level.

101. WILL RICHARDSON, NC STATE – TACKLE
Richardson took a huge step forward in 2017 and allowed only five pressures all season long and never more than one in a single game at right tackle for the Wolfpack. Richardson has a handful of off-field issues that could drop him down boards, though, including a DUI as a freshman and a two-game suspension for marijuana this past season.

102. TROY FUMAGALLI, WISCONSIN – TIGHT END
Fumagalli isn’t special in any one area, but he’s one of the better all-around tight ends in the draft. He knows how to create plays at the intermediate level, using his body and a good catch radius to give his quarterbacks a chance. He’s a sure-handed option with only 12 career drops on 145 catchable attempts, and he’s improved as a run-blocker every year where he’s able to handle defensive ends better than most tight ends in the class.

103. TIM SETTLE, VIRGINIA TECH – INTERIOR DEFENDER
Settle is a ball of power at this point, he’s unrefined and out of control at times, but you can’t teach 330-plus pound men to move the way that he does. As a redshirt sophomore, Settle has two years of solid grades under his belt.

104. DARIOUS WILLIAMS, UAB – CORNERBACK
A small-school corner, Darious Williams is also undersized, so he has a lot to overcome as a prospect, but he has tape in 2017 that should help with that. He allowed a passer rating of just 38.9 when targeted, and allowed just 31.9 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught, despite seeing 69 targets over the season. He did allow four touchdowns, but had five interceptions and 13 more pass breakups. His size and speed combination may limit him to the slot in the NFL, but he played just 46 snaps inside in 2017.

105. JOSH SWEAT, FSU – EDGE DEFENDER
Sweat is as athletic as any pass-rusher in this class, but it’s yet to translate to the football field. He’ll need to develop a handful more pass-rushing moves to make an impact at the next level.

106. JUSTIN LAWLER, SMU – EDGE DEFENDER
Lawler posted the top grade among edge defenders at 91.0 overall last season as he knows how to win with a variety of pass-rush moves and low pad level. His lack of athleticism may hinder his ability at the next level, but his production as a pass-rusher in the run game is worth a look.

111. RJ MCINTOSH, MIAMI (FLA.) – INTERIOR DEFENDER
McIntosh created havoc on one of the most consistent bases of anyone in this class. His tape against the Wisconsin offensive line in Miami’s bowl game though is concerning as was the lowest-graded game of his career, against top caliber offensive linemen.

116. BOSTON SCOTT, LOUISIANA TECH – RUNNING BACK
One of the smallest backs in this class, Scott was outstanding this season at Louisiana Tech, earning the third-best PFF grade of the draft class and showing the kind of skills that translate to the next level.

119. KALEN BALLAGE, ARIZONA STATE – RUNNING BACK
A physical specimen of a running back with all of the tools needed to be an every down weapon in the NFL, Ballage struggled to put it all together at Arizona State, not aided by some curious deployment patterns. Could be a far better NFL player than college one.

120. MARCUS ALLEN, PENN STATE – SAFETY
A traditional box safety at the next level, Allen works downhill well in the run game and has the skills to play as an underneath zone defender. He’s graded as an above-average run defender each of the last two years, but his coverage grade has been average, showing that he’ll have some limitations at the next level. However, Allen can hold his own in split-safety looks, and he has the size to match up with tight ends one-on-one, giving him just enough coverage value to complement his ability in the run game.

122. LEVI WALLACE, ALABAMA
A great story, Wallace was a walk-on at Alabama, and went from flag football to starting for the Crimson Tide in just a few seasons. His one season of extensive playing time was excellent and he didn’t allow a single touchdown across 68 targets. He wasn’t beaten for a catch longer than 30 yards all year. Although, he did struggle at the Senior Bowl during practices and in the game, and is a very lightweight player that may be overmatched at the NFL level.

124. MARK WALTON, MIAMI (FLA.) – RUNNING BACK
An undersized back, coming off an injury-shortened 2017 campaign, Walton shows some Dion Lewis skills at a time where Lewis comes off the best season of his NFL career.

125. TREY QUINN, SMU – WIDE RECEIVER
Quinn doesn’t possess the speed to be a deep threat on the outside, but he’s a good ‘feel’ player who can find a home in the possession game at the next level. His 2.61 yards per route ranked 21st in the draft class.

126. QUENTON MEEKS, STANFORD – CORNERBACK
Meeks is a player that may look better from a physique-standpoint than as a football player. He is working against recent history of Stanford defensive backs struggling at the next level and while he has played well, he has also surrendered plenty of big plays in college, allowing a passer rating of 91.5 when targeted in 2017. He will need to rely on having more untapped potential that he could reach in the NFL.

127. DEONTAY BURNETT, USC – WIDE RECEIVER
Burnett has a knack for making spectacular catches and he dropped only four out of 156 catchable pass attempts during his career at USC.

128. DALYN DAWKINS, COLORADO STATE – RUNNING BACK/WIDE RECEIVER
A productive college running back at Colorado State, Dawkins showed the kind of receiving skills that may make him a candidate to move to the slot at the next level.

129. AL-RASHEED BENTON, WEST VIRGINIA
There are few linebackers that have the kind of leadership qualities that Benton displayed at WVU. He has three seasons of solid play, but saw his college career end on an ugly note, with back-to-back struggles and a bowl defeat as his send off. He didn’t allow a touchdown in coverage over the past two seasons, albeit on just 33 targets, but did have two interceptions and three pass breakups in 2017 alone. Was a missed tackle machine in 2017, falling off 28 tackles, the most in the nation and three times as many as his 2016 total. He very well could prove to be a mid-round steal if he limits the missed tackles.

130. J’MON MOORE, MISSOURI – WIDE RECEIVER
Moore’s size and body control make him a downfield treat where he caught 43.5 percent of his deep targets last season. He has work to do to understand the short and intermediate route tree.

131. GENARD AVERY, MEMPHIS – LINEBACKER
A player that split time between off-the-ball linebacker and true edge rusher, Avery presents NFL teams with a challenge in terms of identifying his best position. Avery had 128 total pressures over his college career.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...ampaign=college

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
GratefulDawg #1446215 04/28/18 09:58 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Hurst obviously has teams spooked or he’d be gone a long time ago.

cfrs15 #1446220 04/28/18 10:07 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quenton Meeks is a guy I'm pretty high on. Has the size you like and is a technician. Makes sense since his dad was an NFL coach. Wasn't flagged a single time last season. Not the fastest (not slow, either), but/and makes up for it with IQ and angles. High energy and willing tackler. Despite the "slow" 40 is otherwise one of the best athletes in the CB class and is only 21. Could transition to safety.

Some of the small school WRs might be names to watch as well. Fountain (NIU), Watson (Penn), Scott (NMSU). Callaway seems like a guy Dorsey might take a chance on as well. I'd be hesitant, but maybe away from bad influences with the right support he could pan out.

Wouldn't mind taking fliers on Hurst or Sweat despite the medical.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
cfrs15 #1446221 04/28/18 10:07 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bring Damon Webb in to team with his old partner from OSU Denzel Ward and not just because I'm a Buckeye fan this kid is a very good Free Safety ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
cfrs15 #1446232 04/28/18 10:15 AM
Legend
Legend
maybe jamarco jones, but i doubt we go OL again

cfrs15 #1446236 04/28/18 10:22 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I really see us taking a FS today and a WR along with and ILB (Josey Jewell) ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
cfrs15 #1446240 04/28/18 10:25 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
My sleeper in this whole draft is WR Daeshaun Hamilton Penn State would love to get him today ...

cfrs15 #1446258 04/28/18 10:54 AM
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
M Hurst- Cleared to play, steal
Deon Cain, DaSean Hamilton, Antonio Callaway, Allan Lazard,- all good receivers.
Jaylen Samuels- Fullback / H back, can run the ball, catch & block.
Jeff Holland- LB, Edge help
Troy Apre- FS, Fast, Big & tall
Skai Moore- LB, solid in coverage

cfrs15 #1446263 04/28/18 10:59 AM
Legend
Legend
I think we still go grab another edge, a DT, a couple WR, and another CB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
GratefulDawg #1446268 04/28/18 11:05 AM
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Top 50 remaining prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft
3. MAURICE HURST, MICHIGAN – INTERIOR DEFENDER
The prototypical 3-technique defensive tackle, Hurst offers a pass-rushing toolbox that no other interior player in this class can come close to matching. His four-year career of grades is unlike anything we’ve ever seen at the defensive tackle position, proving his durability and sustainability at the position.

55. PARRY NICKERSON, TULANE – CORNERBACK
Nickerson is a player with multiple seasons of high-level PFF grading for Tulane. His 2017 season features one of the most spectacular interceptions of the season and allowed an NFL passer rating of just 39.0. He allowed just one touchdown in each of the past two seasons.

60. DUKE EJIOFOR, WAKE FOREST – EDGE DEFENDER

Ejiofor matches up with some of the top prospects in this class size-wise, but doesn’t have near the same juice. The encouraging thing is that he’s trended upwards as a pass-rusher every single year of his career.

64. CEDRICK WILSON, BOISE STATE – WIDE RECEIVER
Wilson has the skills to win on the outside or in the slot as he’s quick off the line and after the catch where he forced 22 missed tackles on 140 catches over the last two years. He may not be much of a deep threat after catching 38.7 percent of his 20-plus yard targets last season (112th in the nation), but he has two years of excellent production and the route-running to do damage as a complementary threat.

72. SKAI MOORE, SOUTH CAROLINA – LINEBACKER
Moore has a lot of negatives working against him, but his play has been excellent in the SEC, which is no small order. His PFF coverage grade of 88.7 was one of the highest in the nation in 2017, one spot above Georgia’s Smith, and his instincts are clearly excellent. He will need to convince NFL teams that he can still produce with a step up in competition given he is both undersized and potentially less athletic than they would like. Missing the entire 2016 season with a herniated disc is also a major injury red flag and he will need to check out medically as well.

82. QUIN BLANDING, VIRGINIA – SAFETY
A four-year starter at Virginia, Blanding had three excellent years of grading and one poor season in 2015. He fits best in a split-safety role, where he has sufficient range and can work downhill against the run, particularly in quarters looks. Blanding finds the ball well in the run game and he’s a sure tackler, as he missed only 43 of his incredible 502 tackles attempts during his career.

83. NYHEIM HINES, NC STATE – RUNNING BACK
Hines is an undersized back, but one that excels on the ground and has the talent to make an impact as a receiver. He dropped just two passes from 33 targets in 2017 and averaged 3.8 yards per carry after contact on the ground. He runs with impressive patience and ability to set up blocking, and could prove to be a mid-round steal.

89. DESHON ELLIOTT, TEXAS – SAFETY
Elliott improved every year at Texas, finishing 2017 with a strong 85.5 overall grade. He has good range at deep safety, often finding himself in the right place at the right time, and he secured six interceptions last season, though that number could have been much higher, as he dropped a number of turnover opportunities. He’s not a physical force against the run, but Elliott can fly to the ball and his range makes him one of the better free safety prospects in the draft.

96. KEKE COUTEE, TEXAS TECH – WIDE RECEIVER
Coutee’s speed and quickness make him an all-around weapon as he can win from the slot or as a gimmick player at the next level. He can make plays in the short game and down the field where he ranked eighth in the nation with 542 yards on deep passes last season while ranking only 114th in deep passing attempts. A creative offensive coordinator will get the most out of Coutee’s skillset, but he has a role in the slot at the very least.

97. DAMON WEBB, OHIO STATE – SAFETY

Perhaps the best pure free safety in the draft, Webb has outstanding movement skills that allow him to make plays on the ball from a single-high alignment. His quickness is also on display when covering slot receivers, which allows Webb to offer up a versatile skill set for creative defensive teams willing to use him on the back end and in the slot. Webb’s not great in the run game, but his lateral quickness makes him one of the more unique talents in the draft.

127. DEONTAY BURNETT, USC – WIDE RECEIVER
Burnett has a knack for making spectacular catches and he dropped only four out of 156 catchable pass attempts during his career at USC.

131. GENARD AVERY, MEMPHIS – LINEBACKER
A player that split time between off-the-ball linebacker and true edge rusher, Avery presents NFL teams with a challenge in terms of identifying his best position. Avery had 128 total pressures over his college career.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...ampaign=college

these are my guys, especially the last guy Avery

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
cfrs15 #1446284 04/28/18 11:18 AM
All Pro
All Pro
Equanimeous St Brown- WR

A big, fast wideout to backup and be a safety net behind Josh Gordon.

I'm curious how many of the 32 removed Hurst from their board? If memory serves Brantley fell all the way to the 6th last year.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
RedBaron #1446287 04/28/18 11:23 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Equanimeous St Brown- WR

I'm curious how many of the 32 removed Hurst from their board? If memory serves Brantley fell all the way to the 6th last year.
Hurst has a heart condition. IF he gets it corrected, he's not allowed to play anymore (pace maker). If he doesn't ... well, that's dangerous

cfrs15 #1446288 04/28/18 11:23 AM
Legend
Legend
I'd like Hamilton from PSU as well

cfrs15 #1446289 04/28/18 11:24 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OLB Josh Sweat
DT Tim Settle
FS Marcus Allen
WR Deon Cain
WR Marcell Ateman

[Linked Image]

cfrs15 #1446303 04/28/18 11:41 AM
All Pro
All Pro
Had to do a bit more research since the initial reports at the combine were comparing Hurst's medical flag with Star Lotulelei.

Apparently, star lotulelei was later fully cleared and the flag was attributed to a virus he had at the time.

Since Hurst acknowledged knowing about his for the last few years it's sadly not a mis-flagging and may mean he will end up in the Nick Fairley situation were it keeps him from playing for more than a few years.

Now I feel really bad for the kid. Don't get me wrong, I knew it could be serious but the initial comps to star lotulelei made me think it may be fine, too. frown

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
cfrs15 #1446304 04/28/18 11:42 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
We need more skill players.

Take Deon Cain. (WR-Clemson)

cfrs15 #1446311 04/28/18 11:51 AM
Legend
Legend
Today- Mo Hurst (big time IMO) ,Dasean Hamilton, St. Brown, LOVE Holton Hill and Deshon Elliott, Marcus Allen, Blanding and my sleeper Cruikshank, Josel Jewell is a FOOTBALL player! - Scales is a big sleeper of mine, Josh Sweat, love Mata'Afa LOVE Jaylen Samuels

https://twitter.com/BrownsScout/status/990255292138033153

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
RedBaron #1446312 04/28/18 11:52 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Equanimeous St Brown- WR

Mayock said yesterday he knew of 15 teams that removed Hurst because of his heart trouble ... sad
frown

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/28/18 11:52 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Day Three

Link Copied to Clipboard