Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You are seeing what you want to see. I never said any of those things.

The difference is that I am approaching the situation logically and you are letting your emotions and your past experiences cloud your perception of the situation.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
You are seeing what you want to see. I never said any of those things.

The difference is that I am approaching the situation logically and you are letting your emotions and your past experiences cloud your perception of the situation.

I had no idea who you were until today, when you made your bizarre and unsettling "it was OK when Caleb Brantley knocked a woman half his size out cold" argument .

The "I'm approaching the argument with logic when I say it's cool if you hit a woman" thing is interesting, though.

Please, keep talking.

Legend
Legend
It was never proved that he did any such thing, and in fact, the evidence in the case indicated that all he did was just shove her off of himself when she was punching him.

He didn't punch her, or knock her out. She and her friends admitted that they were drunk, and didn't really know what happened, and witnesses at the scene cleared Brantley.

You know that one thing I cannot stand are men who beat on women. I don't think that Brantley did that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
It was never proved that he did any such thing, and in fact, the evidence in the case indicated that all he did was just shove her off of himself when she was punching him.

He didn't punch her, or knock her out. She and her friends admitted that they were drunk, and didn't really know what happened, and witnesses at the scene cleared Brantley.

You know that one thing I cannot stand are men who beat on women. I don't think that Brantley did that.

Brantley admitted in open court he did all of those things.

He admitted in open court he knocked her out cold.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
“In essence,” the State Attorney’s Office said, “the facts suggest that the alleged victim’s friends engaged Brantley in an unpleasant verbal exchange, during which the alleged victim began to physically punch or assault Brantley, causing him to shove her away.”

That shove was also legal under the state’s Stand Your Ground Law, the State Attorney’s Office said. The fact that Brantley is listed at 6-2, 307 pounds and Austin weighs less than 130 does not change his right to self-defense.

It's utterly shocking to me that people are coming to this creep's defense.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's utterly shocking that this old story is being brought up again, as we went through this last year.

It has been resolved. Brantley is a Brown, not a convict, and cannot erase his background from the internet.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDF

Did the case even go to court. I could have sworn that the charges were dismissed.

Yeah, they were. (unless you have information to the contrary, it appears that the young lady in the case made it up, quite possibly to hurt Brantley)

Caleb Brantley assault case dismissed
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Caleb-Brantley-assault-case-dismissed-74906918

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Did the case even go to court. I could have sworn that the charges were dismissed.

Yeah, they were. (unless you have information to the contrary, it appears that the young lady in the case made it up, quite possibly to hurt Brantley)

Caleb Brantley assault case dismissed
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Caleb-Brantley-assault-case-dismissed-74906918

Absolutely everything you said is false.

Why would you go to these lengths for this?

Quote:
“In essence,” the State Attorney’s Office said, “the facts suggest that the alleged victim’s friends engaged Brantley in an unpleasant verbal exchange, during which the alleged victim began to physically punch or assault Brantley, causing him to shove her away.”

That shove was also legal under the state’s Stand Your Ground Law, the State Attorney’s Office said. The fact that Brantley is listed at 6-2, 307 pounds and Austin weighs less than 130 does not change his right to self-defense.

Legend
Legend
OK, well I'll just let it go.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
OK, well I'll just let it go.

The smart move here

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Show of hands -

Who here has been accused of hitting or raping a woman?

Anyone?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Show of hands -

Anyone?

That's it, get everyone to open up and tell us about how they hit and rape women... saywhat rofl

This would be a social slaughter house. lmao

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/29/18 02:09 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Show of hands -

Anyone?

That's it, get everyone to open up and tell us about how they hit and rape women... saywhat rofl

This would be a social slaughter house. lmao

"She hit me first, dude!"

Truly dismayed. A few people should be ashamed

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/29/18 02:22 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

So.....Antonio Callaway......

"Callaway was the first player in Florida history to score a TD by catching a pass, rushing, returning a punt, returning a kick and even throwing a TD pass".

So. Hopefully all the crazies are in bed.

Callaway? Hmmmm. This is interesting to say the least. This dude woulda been a First Rounder and possibly the #1 WR in the draft.

This could reap MAJOR benefits if he recognizes the opportunity that has just been given him.

Gordon
Coleman
Callaway
Landry

Hmmmm. How's this Kat's HANDS?

I go back to MAYFIELD. If this excellent Accuracy and Throwing with Anticipation transfers to the NFL. Gordon and Landry are going to put up HUGE numbers.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kwhip
j/c:

"Callaway was the first player in Florida history to score a TD by catching a pass, rushing, returning a punt, returning a kick and even throwing a TD pass".

Callaway? Hmmmm. This is interesting to say the least. This dude woulda been a First Rounder and possibly the #1 WR in the draft.

This could reap MAJOR benefits if he recognizes the opportunity that has just been given him.

Gordon
Coleman
Callaway
Landry

I go back to MAYFIELD. If this excellent Accuracy and Throwing with Anticipation transfers to the NFL. Gordon and Landry are going to put up HUGE numbers.
I'd agree actually, given a few things:

1. Our running game is better (that's very questionable, especially with our uncertainty at LT/RT)

2. Gordon and Callaway stay out of trouble.

3. Mayfield is actually on the field.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The part you cited admits and describes a 6'2 300 pound man knocking a 120 pound woman cold.

I've never known "Cleveland strife" before today, but, Christ, don't let this man around women or children.

Based on his comments he may sock them in the mouth.

If they attack him first, they deserve to get socked in the mouth. A man should never attack a woman, or beat a woman, or abuse a woman, but he has every right to defend himself against one.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
There called PDF FACTS ... he’s well known for it .. think Pinocchio ..

My advice .. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ... the insults will get lower and lower as he ignores all the FACTS u post and his nose grows .... thumbsup

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I like how people want to cut Josh Gordon, calling him a thug, and are now describing situations where you can hit a woman.

My favorite excuse was how women wanted equal rights, so punching them in the face is the most essential form of equality.

Most people have no moral compass.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Accuracy and anticipation are not traits that can be taught. You either have them or you don't. Baker has them and they should translate to the NFL.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
If only we were so careful to vet our presidential candidates, that actually have a direct influence over the very fabric of society, as we do on the character of a FOOTBALL PLAYER!

D
Legend
Legend
D
U guys act like he balled his fist up and hauled off and whacked her when the WITNESSES said he pushed her AND the “accuser” admitted she had NO CLUE who punched her ... NONE ... couple that with what the witnesses said and i’m not sure how u can say he KNOCKED HER OUT COLD FROM A PUNCH TO THE MOUTH ...

I have NO CLUE WHAT HAPPEND ... based off everything i read back then ... and taking into ACCOUNT WHAT THE EYE WITNESSES SAID .... u know .. the people that actually KNOW WHAT HAPPEND ....

It sounds like she “attacked” him ... he pushed her away .... NOT PUNCHED HER ... HUGE DIFFERENCE U and Pinocchio can’t seem to tell the difference between ...

From the first article i googled ...

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/police-report-female-attacked-caleb-brantley

According to the report obtained by SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi, the woman involved in the altercation with Brantley admitted to hitting him in the face because he “disrespected her.” Brantley told police he refused to sleep with the woman, which caused the issue.

The report indicates that Brantley “pushed her out of his space” after being struck in the face. Police indicated the woman had a “cut on her lip and some blood around her tooth.” She could not identify the person who struck her in the incident that involved approximately 25 people.

Multiple witnesses backed up Brantley’s version of the events, per the police report. The NFL Draft prospect did not sustain injury and chose not to pursue any charges as the victim in the altercation. No one was taken into custody and there were no charges filed.

You can review the officer’s detail of the situation in the incident report below:

———————————————————————————————

In the police report HE WAS THE VICTIM ...

She says she has NO CLUE WHO HIT HER ... NONE ... u think she’s know that if it was him ...

Witnesses say she punched him and he PUSHED HER .... NOT PUNCHED ... then appearantly others got involved and someone cheap shotted her ....

And from that U and Pinocchio get he KNOCKED HER OUT COLD WITH A PUNCH ... rolleyes

Even over here ... FACTS and DETAILS destroy your baseless BS ...

Now go back to your world of un-substantiated FACTS ... u know, the one where a PUSH = PUNCHING SOMEONE OUT COLD even though the “accuser” ADMITTED SHE HAD NO CLUE WHO HIT HER in the altercation ...

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I assume you're not talking to me as I never said Brantley punched the girl. Neither in my recent post or in my previous posts about the situation a year ago. Please correct your post.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It does kind of seem like all the domestic violence cases are getting blended together and people are seeing the Joe Mixon sucker punch for all of them.

How the NFL let him get drafted, I've no idea.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

Do you have a source for where he admitted it in open court? I was unfamiliar with the story so have tried to read up on it... from what I've seen the alleged victims account and Brantley didn't match up... a neutral whitness sided with Brantley and it was dismissed... I don't see where he admitted punching her or knocking her out,.. just shoving her when she was punching him...

Last edited by jaybird; 04/29/18 10:25 AM.

<><

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I have been shoved and I have been sucker punched in the mouth which knocked my front tooth out. Trust me, there's a big difference.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Remember , Callaway was the ring leader in the Credit-Card scam that got 10 player suspended also .. Professor /Florida grad Son thinks Callaway is a supper talented scumbag ..lol

Legend
Legend
I have yet to read anything that said Callaway was the ringleader?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...edit-card-fraud

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Accuracy and anticipation are not traits that can be taught. You either have them or you don't. Baker has them and they should translate to the NFL.

It's called Adjusting to the Speed of the Game.

If he CAN, we're GOLDEN.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok , if will will make you feel better , I will see if I can go back and dig up the details for ya.. lol ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: kwhip
j/c:

Gordon
Coleman
Callaway
Landry

Callaway is a natural receiver and he can track the ball with the best of them and the ball hits his open palms at his fingers, first, as with any one who has ever been said to have soft hands.

He did not run the crispiest routes, nor did he apply himself physically or mentally during his time at Florida.

He'll need to have a better work ethic and apply himself to his trade, even if he overcomes his off the field issues.

EDIT:
(IF) he can do this, then he can be an all pro WR for this team...

And my opinion is that ... that little birdie in Dorsey's ear, ... Was none other then BB, of whom the trade was initiated with, for he must have received a call with another team (Steelers?), with Gallaway as the target.

Bill won't openly admit it, but I think that Browns fans still hold a place in his heart and he would like to see this franchise right itself.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/29/18 02:54 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Remember , Callaway was the ring leader in the Credit-Card scam that got 10 player suspended also .. Professor /Florida grad Son thinks Callaway is a supper talented scumbag ..lol
In my reading of the article GM linked, Telford was the ringleader and Callaway was one of the guys who followed his lead. It's a cautionary tale about choosing the right friends. He paid restitution and completed an intervention to avoid a permanent felony record.

edited to add; based on the limited information I have seen, Callaway needs positive influences around him. If Landry is the strong leader he seems, the receivers coach (Henry?), and a possibly reformed Gordon around, this COULD end up being a good situation for the kid.

Last edited by W84NxtYrAgain; 04/29/18 03:24 PM.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
T
Legend
Legend
T
Man! I just want to see Caleb Brantley and Antoniio Calaway on the field making tackles and scoring touchdowns, WHAT THE BLEEP IS WRONG WITH ME!
I didn't read any of these histories, if everybodys the monsters described in some of these posts I'd figure they'd be in jail already and out of football.

I wanna see the Browns win on Sunday, something must be wrong with me!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
And my opinion is that ... that little birdie in Dorsey's ear, ... Was none other then BB,

Unless you know for sure, that's not opinion, that's speculation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Truth is ansent of opinion, therefore an opinion is always speculations of the truth., for if I know the truth, then I would not have stated my opinion, but stated the fact.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/29/18 04:42 PM.
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I’m glad we’ve got a GM that knows to be able to beat teams in the NFL you have to start drafting like they do. If The Browns wouldn’t have traded up nine spots Callaway would have been gone. Most assuredly by the Bengals. The NFL allows these type in the draft, time to get the best players.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: chirp30
I’m glad we’ve got a GM that knows to be able to beat teams in the NFL you have to start drafting like they do. If The Browns wouldn’t have traded up nine spots Callaway would have been gone. Most assuredly by the Bengals. The NFL allows these type in the draft, time to get the best players.

Given that historically your odds are no better than 50% at drafting a starter (/major contributing role), in the second round, then by the 4th round that is down to 25% odds that you're (risk) weighing against.

This being weighed with the balance of a possible high return, makes this a good point in the draft to measure such odds imo.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: chirp30

On the other hand the Bengals have been doing that for a decade, including drafting Malik Jackson this year, and last won a play off game in 91.

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Yes, but they have been there.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Another short guy and with off the field problems. I realize this was probably the worst WR draft in modern history and this guy may be the best prospect, but another dim wit that can't stay off weed leading into the draft?

ugh

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Browns select Antonio Callaway with the 105th pick

Link Copied to Clipboard