Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144871 08/06/07 10:57 AM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
The Colts reportedly will have to defend their Super Bowl title without a key member of their defensive line.

The Indianapolis Star, citing multiple sources, reported Monday that defensive tackle Anthony McFarland informed his teammates that he suffered a serious knee injury in practice on Friday. The Star reported that it's believed that McFarland tore a patella tendon, likely ending his season before it begins.

Even with the 6-foot, 300-pound McFarland, the Colts had problems against the run last season, allowing 173 yards on the ground per game. Now Indianapolis apparently will have to replace its best run-stuffer.

McFarland's injury comes soon after the team parted ways with defensive lineman Corey Simon, who missed all of last season with a knee injury and reportedly failed a Colts physical last week.

McFarland was acquired from the Buccaneers at the trading deadline last season.

linky

Sounds like some of our bad luck has migrated west.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
Man that's sad... he's a good player and I hate to see that happen..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
This isn't "bad luck" for them......they won a Super Bowl last year. Anything that happens after that is just meaningless (well, not for McFarland - feel sorry for him).

True "bad luck" is getting injuries and not winning too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I disagree. Most injuries stem from "bad luck", if you will. Losing stems from bad teams, IMO.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Look at the trend the Browns started! Torn patellas are sooooo the new ACL tear.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't like to see a guy hurt, but after what we've been through, it's hard to feel sorry for another team when the injury bugs hits them.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Look at the trend the Browns started! Torn patellas are sooooo the new ACL tear.

LOL.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
This is an oppurtunity for Quinn Pitcock to step in as the starting NT in that Tampa 2. He's a good fit, can stop the run and get penetration in the pocket. I think Quinn will have a nice career in Indy. Dungy loves Big Ten guys.

[Linked Image from i232.photobucket.com]
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Tank will be a colt soon. Behind being a possible turd it makes to much sense. Or will they go after Simon? lol

S
2nd String
2nd String
S
The Dolts might sign Tank, but he is suspended for what, the first 6 games?
That sure won't be much help right now, and will he help whoever signs him this year after being out so long.

Hope springs eternal in the heart of a true Browns fan. GO BROWNS!!!!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tank is out for half of the season. The Colts run defense blows now.

I wouldn't sleep on Keyunta Dawson, their 7th rounder. He's a bit lean, but he's quick off the snap. Of course I'm rooting for my boy Pitcock (who I predicted as a Tampa 2 NT), but the Colts will almost for sure add another body. They do well with late camp pickups.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Tank is out for 8 games but the clock won't start ticking untill he's on someone's roster. The Colts may feel it's worth the risk just to get him for the 2nd half of the season.

If they can keep him away from the buffet table. And the gun store.....

Raven
Raven
Quote:

I don't like to see a guy hurt, but after what we've been through, it's hard to feel sorry for another team when the injury bugs hits them.

"Brighter days are ahead"......

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum More trouble for the Colts

Link Copied to Clipboard