Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Legend
Legend
E
Really eo? I’ve lost my roots?

hard on a board...joking and busting your hump a little bit, my bad. No need to explain.

The things you hate about him don't exist quite the way they do.

Actions as a kid in college, not talking about Theft, Beating his girl, drugs, just an emotional college action that was not premeditated and thought out. Juvenile yes, but not something to concern yourself too deeply. Again you don't like it, got it. But you are making a mountain truly out of a mole hill as there was no red flag expressed from ANYONE evaluating him.
That is my point, not cadoning his behavior. Understanding the process. Did you see the hit he took absolute cheap shot and no comparison to a crotch grab. Do you understand why he did that? Not asking you to excuse the behavior but understand that he is not a piece of crap but instead he took a lot and did the scoring and added the ending the media went gaga over. But that is not who the kid is.

I expect him to be a professional not College stuff. I see him having control, you don't. I see him take a cheap shot of cheap shots, one to cause physical damage. He did not go after the guy He didn't ask his team mates to take revenge physically. He led them with football.

Thanks for giving him a chance. Not that you have much of a choice. But his action might have been not to your liking, but you are defining him with that action without knowing the complete story. I watched it live, I saw it build up and he was not the aggressor it was a very hostile crowd and the players were even worse.

Take away the Crotch grabbing. I want the fire he brings cause this team needs it. Not only the FIRE but the ability to back it up FIRST and fore most!

Actually he showed a lot more self control then you give credit to. No corner to turn, again you and it seems only a few POSTERS seem to think so. No football people, No personnel men that vetted him like no other Vetting done on a player before.
No Coaches that vetted him like no other. Ergo my mountain out of a Mole hill statement. You see some high light edited film and made up your mind who the kid is.

Thats all. You can like him hate him just I know you are mistaken. I'm fully aware of your point. Just not existent to the degree you have expressed.

Later.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: hitt
What percentage of the population has been sighted for public drunkenness and gets tackled by the police.

All I care is,
Did he get the ball out before the police tackled him,
was his arm in a forward motion or was it a fumble? thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: hitt
What percentage of the population has been sighted for public drunkenness and gets tackled by the police.

All I care is,
Did he get the ball out before the police tackled him,
was his arm in a forward motion or was it a fumble? thumbsup

Tuck rule was in effect.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I tried to tell you earlier, you'll only get excuses for bad behavior. It's a sign of the times we live in these days. You know, "It was someone elses fault". "Showing zero sportsmanship or class doesn't matter anymore." "If someone else is rude, that's an excuse for you to be even ruder." "Let the bad actions of others excuse your bad actions." "As long as a player is a winner, it's okay to be classless".

Let's face it, even though they're not saying it in so many words, that's exactly what they're saying.

I've known a lot of these guys for many years and I certainly expected more from them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I agree with everything else you said... am I a monster?

I don't know. do you live in a swamp and eat bugs and frogs and stuff? do you live under a kids bed and eat their toes if they hang over?

I mean really, who am I to determine the criteria of what makes one a "monster"? tongue

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
To the team, he’s being asked to be the face of the franchise. It’s why he was brought here. It’s who the FO put their career in the hands of.
To me, until he wins, he’s just another guy. A guy that kinda rubs me the wrong way.
If he wins... GO BROWNS!!

I agree with everything else you said... am I a monster?

Dude, you had it right the first time when you weren't going to comment again... but now here you are trying to explain the difference between the #1 pick and a 4th round pick.

Just tell them they're right and they won...

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Like I tried to tell you earlier, you'll only get excuses for bad behavior. It's a sign of the times we live in these days. You know, "It was someone elses fault". "Showing zero sportsmanship or class doesn't matter anymore." "If someone else is rude, that's an excuse for you to be even ruder." "Let the bad actions of others excuse your bad actions." "As long as a player is a winner, it's okay to be classless".

Let's face it, even though they're not saying it in so many words, that's exactly what they're saying.

I've known a lot of these guys for many years and I certainly expected more from them.

You’re right...and it’s exhausting.

[Linked Image]
1st String
1st String

You’re right...and it’s exhausting.

Maybe it's more to do with a couple of posters making mountains out of mole hills when it comes to Mayfield. You want to get all up in arms over the behavior of some of the other draft picks with issues, that's understandable. But your issues with Mayfield are just mole hills. That's why we don't care about them. They don't matter. They don't make him a bad person. They don't make him a criminal, drug user, spousal abuser, or alcoholic.

I save my ire and judgement for those types of players. Not over Mayfields petty crap.

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
-Tim Robbins as Merlin in Top Gun
M
Legend
Legend
M
Listening to BM press conference today at 1:22 .... young man is impressive. I hadn't listened to any other intros after the draft. This is the first I have heard him as a Brown. I like him even more and am rooting for him 1000%. I don't see what there isn't to like about him .... he's already differentiated himself from JM by his work ethic the first few days of his new job.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The problem is that nobody is actually doing that. It's not some issue of criminal behavior. It's not some issue that I've predicted will continue. It's something I'm sure we all hope he will outgrow.

But let me tell you what it is. It's classless behavior. It's poor sportsmanship and it IS something the NFL will not stand for. It is behavior that will draw flags, fines and possible suspensions if it does continue to occur.

The problem? People act like it didn't happen. That it isn't poor behavior and that he is excused for doing it. There is film showing this lack of self control and people act as though it's okay because of the very things I mentioned above. It's simply not.

Maybe if people would actually step up and admit it's not something they wish to see in our players and they hope he's moved on from it it wouldn't be so bad. But to ignore it and act like these type of actions are okay is laughable. To act as though this isn't a blemish is simply trying to ignore the obvious.

Sorry, but excusing bad behavior isn't a quality.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Listening to BM press conference today at 1:22 .... young man is impressive. I hadn't listened to any other intros after the draft. This is the first I have heard him as a Brown. I like him even more and am rooting for him 1000%. I don't see what there isn't to like about him .... he's already differentiated himself from JM by his work ethic the first few days of his new job.

Video: Mayfield press conference before rookie practice

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think he'll end up needing to get his hand slapped once or twice before he figures it out, but then it'll be done with.

You are right, the NFL isn't going to put up with those antics. He's either going to get blown up by a defender, called for a penalty that hurts us at the end of a game, or compelled by the league office to make a sizable donation of money. But I think it'll end there. That same competitiveness will help him shape up if his behavior prevents a win.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Sorry we aren't living up to your standards.. I wish we had 53 guys on the roster who played for 7 seconds like Dick Butkus or Ray Lewis.. then in between plays ran out and helped old ladies across the Euclid Avenue... but here in the real world, that's not going to happen.

On the sliding scale of player behavior from "Oh My God, don't put that guy on my team"... to ... "Meh, not worried about it".. the things Baker Mayfield has done are much closer to the "Meh, not worried about it" end.

Do I hope that from the sidelines he grabs little Baker while pointing at the Steelers and gets fined for it? Not really... but if it's because we are about to win by 3 touchdowns, will I get over it? In a heartbeat.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly do love his competitive nature. He's a fiery kid and that can be infectious. My hope is it won't even go as far as you've described and I don't feel it's going to be an ongoing theme throughout his career. It's just something the kid needs to get in check.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The thing is, if we're winning by three touchdowns, why bother? Didn't you just show your actions with your play?

I just wonder how you would respond to your child if he acted this way while playing sports?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
The thing is, if we're winning by three touchdowns, why bother? Didn't you just show your actions with your play?

I just wonder how you would respond to your child if he acted this way while playing sports?

Dude ... if were beating Pit by 3 TD’s with a minute to go in the game and BM gives the Stilers bench the “crotch” ... most posters on here will be so happy and drunk they’ll look at whoever there with and give them a big ole poop eating grin and give them what will go down in history as the now famous “Baker Mayfield” ....

And Pit ... in your younger days you’d of been “Baker Mayfielding” everyone in the bar and all day at work the next day ... rofl ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In a perfect world, yea... but having some idea of the things they are saying to him on every play.. I can understand it.. just need to be smart and make sure whatever you say or do isn't on camera...

Quote:

I would act like a father.. I'm not Baker Mayfields father.... I would have a talk with my son and, in the end, tell him a lot of the stuff you said.. let your play talk for you, show some sportsmanship even if they don't show any to you.. etc...

Just out of curiosity, what would you do? Your child is a high school junior, OSU, Alabama, and USC are all there scouting him and he grabs his wanker on the sidelines.. you going to yank him off the field? Put him in timeout? Not let him accept the scholarship? What exactly are you going to do?

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
If it becomes a pattern of behavior I'm going to consider that before anything else.

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String
The problem is that nobody is actually doing that. It's not some issue of criminal behavior. It's not some issue that I've predicted will continue. It's something I'm sure we all hope he will outgrow.

But let me tell you what it is. It's classless behavior. It's poor sportsmanship and it IS something the NFL will not stand for. It is behavior that will draw flags, fines and possible suspensions if it does continue to occur.

The problem? People act like it didn't happen. That it isn't poor behavior and that he is excused for doing it. There is film showing this lack of self control and people act as though it's okay because of the very things I mentioned above. It's simply not.

Maybe if people would actually step up and admit it's not something they wish to see in our players and they hope he's moved on from it it wouldn't be so bad. But to ignore it and act like these type of actions are okay is laughable. To act as though this isn't a blemish is simply trying to ignore the obvious.

Sorry, but excusing bad behavior isn't a quality.

I think we just have a different barometer for bad behavior. Some things fall lower and are less serious on my scale than yours, and that's cool.

I don't think his actions have been a blemish on the Browns though, or on OU, or on Mayfield himself. He did win the Heisman afterall.

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Does any of that make hitting an opposing player in the head with a football or the incident where he grabs his crotch, cursing and flipping off the opposing team right, or okay?

that's what I mean. I keep hearing a lot of excuses but few actually willing to address the behavior itself.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Unclench bro ... IT WAS A JOKE ...

wink ...

I’m not as concerned as U ... but i get it 100% ... i even understand dudes dislike of BM for it .. to each their own ...

What i dont understand ... is folks like the dude that posted before u i believe ... think it was that 442 menZa ...

He said and hes not the only one .. a bunch of them have said this .... something to the affect of ...

“It didnt hurt him or OU” ... ummmm ... he was BENCHED to start a game because of it ... did he have to sit out (not sure if it was a play or two or a series or two) ... did he have to sit out cause OU was PROUD OF HIS BEHAVIOR ... rofl ...

I agree with them in that its not that big of deal for me while at the same time agreeing with u and yours in that it is a concern and could potentially be a problem ....

Not sure what that makes me ... a man on an island i guess ... not like I ain’t been there before ... *LOL* ...

T
Legend
Legend
T
After much consideration of how to abbreviate Baker Mayfield

without it being an abbreviation of BM- bowell movement

or May Field, (un huh, nope)

or BMF (that don't work either)

I've decided the only acceptable abbrev. for Baker Mayfield = Shaft!

as in.
(Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's trouble all about, Shaft!)

( Shut your mouth, but I'm talking about Shaft.)

( Unless he has a middle name that starts with the letter A, not U.) BAM, / BUM

I think I'll call him Shaft.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
FYI. Baker Reagan Mayfield

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Or there's just not any issue at all...

Sounds like some are trying to find reasons why they think he will fail so they can say, "I told you so."

Good luck!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

Or there's just not any issue at all...

Sounds like some are trying to find reasons why they think he will fail so they can say, "I told you so."

Good luck!

Actually that's not anything close to what I've said. But thanks for playing.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Baker Mayfield didn't actually sign a contract.

1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Unclench bro ... IT WAS A JOKE ...

wink ...

I’m not as concerned as U ... but i get it 100% ... i even understand dudes dislike of BM for it .. to each their own ...

What i dont understand ... is folks like the dude that posted before u i believe ... think it was that 442 menZa ...

He said and hes not the only one .. a bunch of them have said this .... something to the affect of ...

“It didnt hurt him or OU” ... ummmm ... he was BENCHED to start a game because of it ... did he have to sit out (not sure if it was a play or two or a series or two) ... did he have to sit out cause OU was PROUD OF HIS BEHAVIOR ... rofl ...

I agree with them in that its not that big of deal for me while at the same time agreeing with u and yours in that it is a concern and could potentially be a problem ....

Not sure what that makes me ... a man on an island i guess ... not like I ain’t been there before ... *LOL* ...

Yeah, your dislike for me has somehow translated to creating controversy where there isn't.

Mayfield sat out a whole 2 plays that his coach mandated. 2 whole plays. Not series. Plays.

So you tell me, how much did his antics really hurt OU?

It obviously didn't hurt Mayfield, afterall he won the Heisman and was drafted #1 overall.

So it's quite obvious that I'm right and you're wrong. It's all a non-issue. His college coach has said that, John Dorsey has said that, and Hue Jackson has said that.

So who gives a crap what you say? You're irrelevant. So am I. The difference is that my opinion sides with the majority of people who actually matter in this whole thing.

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
1st String
1st String

think it was that 442 menZa ...

Definition:
"Menza"

Menza is the largest, oldest, and best known low-IQ society for retarded people in the world.

That's pretty low man. Even my 3 year old knows better than to call someone or something retarded. Maybe that's because his uncle, my little brother, is mentally challenged. And maybe it's because my 3 year old, and mentally challenged brother, have about a million times more class than you.

I have no respect for you. Not now, not ever.

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
Legend
Legend
FYI. Baker Reagan Mayfield

Hmm, I'm starting to like this guy for some reason ..... wink rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: 442Dawg

think it was that 442 menZa ...

Definition:
"Menza"

Menza is the largest, oldest, and best known low-IQ society for retarded people in the world.

That's pretty low man. Even my 3 year old knows better than to call someone or something retarded. Maybe that's because his uncle, my little brother, is mentally challenged. And maybe it's because my 3 year old, and mentally challenged brother, have about a million times more class than you.

I have no respect for you. Not now, not ever.

I been using that spelling of Mensa for years on here ... first time anyone pointed that out ... ALMOST EVERYONE understands the sarcasm in it ... although the first time some see it they need to be told its sarcasm after they’ve corrected my spelling ... *L* ...... i didnt even know it was a word ... so i googled it ...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/menza

"menza"
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

mensa
menta
mensas
mezza
menzie
monza
Mensa
penza
mense

Not sure what dictionary u used ... don’t really care cause if Webster and Merrian BOTH AGREE its not a word ... i’m going with them .... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Does any of that make hitting an opposing player in the head with a football

Do you know how long it's been since we had a QB who could hit ANYTHING from 15 yards away?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Does any of that make hitting an opposing player in the head with a football

Do you know how long we've waited for a QB with that kind of accuracy?

Quote:
I keep hearing a lot of excuses but few actually willing to address the behavior itself.

I've addressed it.. it's not right, I wish he didn't do it... there's nothing I can do about it and I hope he doesn't do anything to cost the Browns...

yebat' Putin
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Hammer

When he said "Googled it" he meant "didn't Google it." I know because I Googled it and look what the first result was (after someone named Nick Menza):

D
Legend
Legend
D
What? ...

Did u just call me a liar? ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
I see ... i call everything google ... im an old man ...

I googled webster dictionary (again .. im an old man ... for me thats the dictionary .. ) ...

Then looked up menza ....

Thats the results i posted ...

My bad ...

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Everyone, can we get the thread back on track and discuss Mayfield signing his contract. naughtydevil

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Everyone, can we get the thread back on track and discuss Mayfield signing his contract. naughtydevil

EXCEPT HE DIDNT SIGN HIS CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for yelling.)

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

EXCEPT HE DIDNT SIGN HIS CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for yelling.)

Yes, I was making fun of myself for erroneously starting the thread.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Stupid question...he's allowed to be on the field / partake in Rookie Camp without a contract?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard