Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Legend
Legend
P
Anyone who watched him play saw how inaccurate he was. They saw him turn the ball over time and time again. It's true that a QB can't control what his team mates do, be he can control what he does.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You can't watch this and see a guy that understands this game.

just look at the score in some of these games....ugh

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: BpG

We could use the same video to say the same thing about Hue, but curiously some think he is an OC mastermind...

Don't blame others if they think Kizer has some potential... Hue has showed us that its possible to have a valid excuse for almost anything you do bad...

Last edited by rastanplan; 05/08/18 01:32 PM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

We could use the same video to say the same thing about Hue, but curiously some think he is an OC mastermind...

Don't blame others if they think Kizer has some potential... Hue has showed us that its possible to have a valid excuse for almost anything you do bad...

I see potential in him for sure, but he has a lot of work to do. His accuracy is abysmal. The little hop step he does to duck out of pressure doesn't do anything to help him. He processes reads too slow he doesn't come off his 1st read until way too long and the 2nd read is done.

Lot's of work to do.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
IMHO Kizer's problem is between his ears...

He needs a calm environment to overcome is fears.

Not sure he can ever do it, but he is a kid and with proper tutelage, maybe he can do it.

Just remember who his coaches were. The guy has all the excuses he needs...

Last edited by rastanplan; 05/08/18 01:47 PM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was having this conversation with a guy named Emory Hunt on twitter. I just think there is only so much you can teach guys. Some people buy what I am about to say and some don't.

There is a processing speed that some guys have and some don't. To an extent you can work around it, but I believe it to be innate. If a guys brain doesn't work quickly through the visual cues it won't matter what his physical skills are. This is why you see so many bone head INTs from Kizer, he is not only inexperienced, he isn't processing the visual cues fast enough.

When you can't process the 1st read being open prior to it being open, the entire offense is off schedule. The NFL is too fast and the players on defense are too athletic to be slow on your keys. I watched every snap Kizer played last year and I came away with the understanding that he does not process quickly enough.

Yes, some of that may have been confounded by Hue Jackson and even the talent around him, but I watched this guy almost run out of bounds for a 15 yard loss before realizing it, jumping over the white line and throwing it away. That's not coaching that's awareness and processing.

It's between his ear, but is it fixable. Time will tell.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well a lot of people thought that JFF had potential too. So it's possible that people will believe anything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Some of those interceptions weren't his fault, they went off the hands of the receivers, but regardless: that was hard to watch. I had to turn it off. It just got to be too much.

He had accuracy issues in college, he has accuracy issues now in the NFL. No surprises.

He seems like a good kid. He's likable. But truth be known I'm glad he's gone but I wish him well.

Legend
Legend
That was painful ...... and horrifying. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Yep. Even the music was! I turned that off first and then after awhile? The video. Sadness.

Kizer seems like a good kid but I'm glad he's gone. Just too inaccurate for me and makes bad decisions under pressure. Me no want that.

...But back to the subject at hand: TT will start. Unless he lays an egg or gets injured I expect to see him play for awhile this season.

-GO BROWNS!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tt won't throw the damn ball and it got him replaced in buffalo, will get him benched in Cleveland. He doesn't turn it over cause he won't throw it if a defender is within 5 yards.

Baker may not start week one but I am confident he will be starting by week 3.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd like to see him sit for a while but we are talking TT. Not like he's the second coming of...well, most anyone.

Legend
Legend
I have been thinking about Tyrod, and he is a careful QB, who will not create much, and will not turn the ball over. Basically, he sets a nice, solid floor on which to build with Mayfield, when we go forward. Let's say that Tyrod goes 10 games, and has 8 TD and 3 INT. That's a solid floor, but it does not make him irreplaceable. He could also help establish the run game for the foreseeable future. We could easily slip Mayfield into the starter's role in game 11, and the ceiling would be relatively low, and set for him to fly through it. Maybe he winds up with 11 TD and 6 INT in those final 6 games. That would be a huge step up, a huge confidence boost, and a nice start for establishing him as the starting QB going forward. The Browns could compare what he did compared to a good, reliable QB did through the 1st 10 weeks. Fans would be encouraged.

Tyrod will set the floor, and it will likely be one that Baker can really build on.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I think Taylor is a pretty good QB for Baker to watch honestly. He doesn't turn it over, has about the same skill set, has experience at different levels of success, etc.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have been thinking about Tyrod, and he is a careful QB, who will not create much, and will not turn the ball over. Basically, he sets a nice, solid floor on which to build with Mayfield, when we go forward. Let's say that Tyrod goes 10 games, and has 8 TD and 3 INT. That's a solid floor, but it does not make him irreplaceable. He could also help establish the run game for the foreseeable future. We could easily slip Mayfield into the starter's role in game 11, and the ceiling would be relatively low, and set for him to fly through it. Maybe he winds up with 11 TD and 6 INT in those final 6 games. That would be a huge step up, a huge confidence boost, and a nice start for establishing him as the starting QB going forward. The Browns could compare what he did compared to a good, reliable QB did through the 1st 10 weeks. Fans would be encouraged.

Tyrod will set the floor, and it will likely be one that Baker can really build on.

We have given him a bunch of safety valves for his type of offense as well. We have two good receiving TE's, two good receiving RB's and Mr 1st down in Landry at WR.

We better hope for boring on offense this year because that will win us football games. If you are sitting at the stadium this year and the guy next to you starts chanting "Baker, Baker!" do everyone else a favor and slap the crap out of him before others join in.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think Taylor needs to play long enough for the offense get used to each other and the new Hayley scheme. For an extended period of time if they're playing well and winning some games. I'd rather not throw Baker in there to learn on the fly while everyone else on offense is also learning on the fly. Get something solid first for him to stand on.

In addition, the defense, especially our secondary, is going to need some time together too. So let the offense and the defense settle in and then inject the young QB.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L

I watched that video earlier today and it was hard to look at.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Browns Wire
✔
@TheBrownsWire

Browns sign Brogan Roback as fourth QB https://usat.ly/2ryeScQ
1:26 PM - May 10, 2018
Browns sign Brogan Roback as fourth QB

The Cleveland Browns have officially signed undrafted free agent rookie quarterback Brogan Roback. The newest Browns quarterback played collegiately at Eastern Michigan, where he helped lead the Ea…
brownswire.usatoday.com

See The Browns Wire's other Tweets

https://www.12up.com/posts/6056610-browns-sign-qb-with-amazing-football-name/partners/36534

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Vambo

The Browns Wire
✔
@TheBrownsWire

The Cleveland Browns have officially signed undrafted free agent rookie quarterback Brogan Roback. The newest Browns quarterback played collegiately at Eastern Michigan, where he helped lead the Ea…
brownswire.usatoday.com

https://www.12up.com/posts/6056610-browns-sign-qb-with-amazing-football-name/partners/36534

Definitely an "Accuracy and Winning" trend starting to unfold.

https://herosports.com/college-football/brogan-roback-nfl-draft-eastern-michigan-eagles-aiai

O
Legend
Legend
O
Probably a camp arm but I'd like to see a guy like this on the PS to be eventual backup.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Seems like a guy who might become a backup one day.

Weird, I said that about Russell Wilson prior to his draft ..... crazy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Vambo

The Browns Wire
✔
@TheBrownsWire

brownswire.usatoday.com

Obviously if this guy shows in camp that he is better than TT he should be starting week 1.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just put it here because his was the only QB thread.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Who was the last Browns QB one could say "at least he doesn't turn the ball over"?

Taylor doesn't turn the ball over.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Roback beat Josh Allen’s Cowboys and we got him for peanuts?! Rah rah. Steal of the draft. Rah rah.

For real though how unsafe is Eastern’s stadium? Like dudes catch the ball and get tackled onto a track in like three steps.

Prediction: Robach starts game 1.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Roback (6-3, 213 lbs) went undrafted and had a tryout last week at the Baltimore Ravens’ rookie minicamp. Dane Brugler of NFL Draft Scout had Roback ranked as his 18th-best quarterback in this year’s draft class, offering the following assessment on him:

A four-star quarterback recruit out of St. John’s Jesuit, Brogan Roback threw for 5,887 passing yards and 60 touchdowns in his high school career and became the first four-star recruit to sign with Eastern Michigan. He shared the quarterback duties his first few seasons with the program, batting injuries. Roback earned the starting job in 2015 and led EMU to the school’s first bowl game since 1987. He set career-bests as a senior with 2,890 passing yards and 19 touchdowns. Roback has a quick release and delivers with touch on downfield routes when he has time to follow-through. He gets himself in trouble when rushing his process, allowing his mechanics to suffer, which affects his accuracy. He also has issues reading coverages, predetermining throws and telegraphing his target. Overall, Roback handles himself like a veteran and spearheaded the turnaround of a dormant football program, but his erratic tendencies will be quickly exposed in the NFL.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Hopefully Roback performs well enough to stick around in TC and get a PS spot somewhere

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe with us. I think it wise to always keep a QB on the practice squad. You just never know when you might need to bring him up as the 3rd guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Maybe with us. I think it wise to always keep a QB on the practice squad. You just never know when you might need to bring him up as the 3rd guy.
that was the old Packer motto: draft/stash a QB every year. Wouldn't surprise me to see Dorsey/Wolf continue that here

Legend
Legend
Hope so. Beats drafting "projects" and playing them as starters ,then dying withe "se we can see what we really have." That has hurt us horribly, sticking with bad decisions IMO.

Stashed on PS, they can stay current and season more. You should know some limits and levels if needed. Better than "go find an arm" off the street for Sunday so we can dress out and play. I favor the Packers' approach you mention.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Yes, I agree ... as long as Mayfield works out that approach can be very worthwhile.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PDF
Who was the last Browns QB one could say "at least he doesn't turn the ball over"?

Kessler.

It would be a huge upset if Baker sits the entire season. And if that happens, whomever was in charge of such an occurrence should be fired immediately.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: PDF

Kessler.

It would be a huge upset if Baker sits the entire season. And if that happens, whomever was in charge of such an occurrence should be fired immediately.

Not if we're winning, Double D...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
If we are winning we won't be changing horses mid stream.

I honestly think BM is going to win the starting QB position outright. But if TT plays well he won't lose it and if we win there is no reason to change.

But we never had a bridge QB as good as TT so it will be hard for any rookie QB to take over the starting job.

I'm going in thinking TT is the guy I also do think BM is good enough to start. will it happen, that is up to TT if he faulters just a tad....we could see BM as the starter sooner. But if TT is playing the whole season thats fine with me cause that means we are WINNING!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I honestly think BM is going to win the starting QB position outright.

I agree...

So my point is probably moot. Although, that is my point.

Legend
Legend
He better win by about a million miles, because I don't think that Hue wants any risk of last year.

I think that Taylor starts the season, and maybe even the 1st 13-14 games. (depending on how we are doing)

T
Legend
Legend
T
If Tyrod Taylor starts 10 full games and gets only 8 Td's passing vs. even 0 interceptions;
I'll say he is playing too conservative and needs to take more chances to get more touchdowns throwing the ball.

It's the 2018 NFL. 0.8 Passing Td's per game from your Qb, won't = many wins.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Taylor is our starter unless he plays himself out of it. With Taylor's style and the way he takes care of the ball, it will be hard to take him out. I do think at some point we have to see what Baker can do because Taylor is on a one year deal. Maybe Baker gets to start the last 3 games unless we are in the playoff hunt.

Last edited by Glw12; 06/02/18 07:37 PM.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
Legend
Taylor is our starter. Done.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Legend
Legend
L
He is.
Until he isn't our starter, which hopefully won't be until December (or 2019, if TT can bring some Buffalo playoff vibes to Cleveland.
But certainly we must go into the regular season with Tyrod at the helm. We need to be patient with mayfield.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Who starts at QB now?

Link Copied to Clipboard