Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I thought it was a funny joke. I thought I 'liked' the post. When I read it all I could picture was Antonio Calloway throwing a roach out of his car as the camera pans to a Native American.

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

Btw----tone of voice and body language go a long way in adding humor to dump little quips like that.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
LOL

Btw----tone of voice and body language go a long way in adding humor to dump little quips like that.

I'm a millennial, so it's just in our nature to deadpan everything.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
And Tyreek Hill threw an xbox at his pregnant girlfriend during a domestic dispute. John Dorsey still drafted him. People want them to draft BPA, but hate when the BPA has a checkered history. Well, when you get to day 3, let's just say, beggars can't be choosers. I'm not saying that I don't like it or do like it. Quite frankly, I think it's impossible for us to judge from home. We don't know what these guys say to the Browns FO and coaches before they get drafted. We don't know what they're thinking. I think at the end of the day, one of the most distinct American cultural norms is our ability to give people another chance. We do root for the goodness of everyone and want them to reform. And unfortunately, we do let a lot of things slide by people who are good at what they do. That's my take, at least.

Hill may have thrown an x-box at his pregnant girlfriend, but he was charged with a much more serious crime...Hill pled guilty to domestic assault and battery "by strangulation"... Hill was sentenced to 3 years of probation, required to take anger-management course, a year-long batterer's program, and was required to undergo a domestic-abuse evaluation.

Also, Dorsey went to Chief's owner Clark Hunt for his consent to make the Hill draft pick. The Chiefs vetted Hill completely, including speaking to the prosecutor who charged Hill.

After receiving criticism from the fans and media for drafting Hill, the Chiefs held an impromptu news conference on the first day of rookie mini camp to explain their decision.

How the Chiefs handled Hill seems to have worked.

What the Browns did to support Callaway was a failure.

Last edited by mac; 08/08/18 10:21 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Dorsey better win sooner than later to justify his ego.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
What the Browns did to support Callaway was a failure.

Woah. That kind of talk means everything is over.

Callaway is still on the team. Hasn't been suspended yet. None of it.

"This has been a failure on the part of the Browns in terms of Callaway's support" seems to make more sense to me than acting like it's all over

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Crap! What next? When I heard Landry on HK’s last night the WR corps must have been dogging it in camp. Not a good sign.

I think we know at least one guy Landry was talking to .... because Coleman was "hurt", but practiced on a day that Hue told him to take off. Unfortunately, it must not have taken.

As far as I know, the only other guy injured, on the sidelines, was Janis. Wait, Ratley might have also had a few dings, as well, now that I think about it.

I know that Higgins hasn't taken any time off. He has been All Berea this spring, on both 2nd and 1st string practices. Several of the younger receivers have also had good things written about them. (Board, Scott, and even Ratley)

It will be interesting to see how the WR corps washes out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
How about we find out all of the details first.

What if Callaway passes all of his tests?

Look, I am concerned about this as well, but let's not jump off the top of a building over it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: mac
He faced a sexual assault trial between his freshman and sophomore year but was cleared of those charges before the 2016 season by admitting during the hearing he was "so stoned" he did not want to have sex with anyone.

He was also cited for marijuana possession in May 2017 as a passenger in a car stopped because the driver wasn't wearing his seat belt; he pled no contest to possession of paraphernalia in July 2017.

Calloway never played in 2017 because of his involvement in a credit card fraud scheme with other teammates. Instead of looking for reinstatement or a transfer, he decided to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft.

April 2018, failed drug test at the combine.

THIS WAS PREDICTABLE >Aug. 2018,  possession of marijuana

Yep.

In psychology they say past behavior predicts current and future behavior.

P.S. Has the Parade of Disaster officially started?

At least the Hard Knocks folks have a story to focus on.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:
What are you doing leaving a roach in your car? Just throw that stuff out the window when you're done with it.

Maybe they were taught not to litter?

Replying to yours as I don't want to find the original you quoted:

Why 'save' a roach?
Because if you save up several you can take them apart and re-roll them to make up a whole joint... or, just pack the remains in a bowl.

Uh, not that I know, or anything.
#theOldDays

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

At least the Hard Knocks folks have a story to focus on.

Hopefully, it's much ado about nothing and it ends up being just a footnote that doesn't turn into a larger story.

Browns is the Browns

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Maybe it’s been answered, I haven’t read every post, but why did Calloway allow a search of his car? Even if you have nothing to hide you shouldn’t allow a cop into your car unless they have probable cause. Does driving with a suspended license constitute the need for a search?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I would think that driving under suspension is enough for probable cause, but I honestly don't know.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Maybe it’s been answered, I haven’t read every post, but why did Calloway allow a search of his car? Even if you have nothing to hide you shouldn’t allow a cop into your car unless they have probable cause. Does driving with a suspended license constitute the need for a search?

Maybe the officer said that he'd bring a K9 unit in if he can't search it.

That's a fear i'm sure most people with pot always have. They say no, and the cops take it to the next level. And if they do have something to hide, a K9 will certainly find it, whereas a cop might not if you nonchalantly say "Yeah, sure"

Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Why 'save' a roach?
Because if you save up several you can take them apart and re-roll them to make up a whole joint... or, just pack the remains in a bowl.

#theOldDays

Sure, but saving a roach in a car. That's something that highschool and college kids only do. And if i'm getting pulled over, i'm opening my window and throwing that thing out and driving a bit further away with my caution lights on saying i wanted a well-lit place.

Littering? Oh, I don't think so. Do you have the evidence?

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 08/08/18 11:18 AM.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
What are you doing leaving a roach in your car? Just throw that stuff out the window when you're done with it.

Maybe they were taught not to litter?

Replying to yours as I don't want to find the original you quoted:

Why 'save' a roach?

#theOldDays

Same with getting the resin out of the stem of your bongs. Knock it out, smoke it up. Yes, the old days! Just don't drink the bong water. laugh

Legend
Legend
Just don't drink the bong water. laugh

NOW ya tell me!

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Just don't drink the bong water. laugh

NOW ya tell me!

Well, if you cook the bong water down - there's bound to be some resin left at the bottom of the pot!

The good 'ole days is right!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Crap! What next? When I heard Landry on HK’s last night the WR corps must have been dogging it in camp. Not a good sign.

I think we know at least one guy Landry was talking to .... because Coleman was "hurt", but practiced on a day that Hue told him to take off. Unfortunately, it must not have taken.

As far as I know, the only other guy injured, on the sidelines, was Janis. Wait, Ratley might have also had a few dings, as well, now that I think about it.

I know that Higgins hasn't taken any time off. He has been All Berea this spring, on both 2nd and 1st string practices. Several of the younger receivers have also had good things written about them. (Board, Scott, and even Ratley)

It will be interesting to see how the WR corps washes out.

I didn't see the show - no HBO - but I wonder if Jarvis Landry was talking to (and about) Josh Gordon?

V
Legend
Legend
V
No, he was talking to the wide receivers in a meeting room.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Callaway is young, easily could be a junior in college, he didn't play at all last year due to drugs/off team.....he isn't the sharpest tool in the pouch. Love his yes,sirs all over the place talking to media...scary physically- problem is he isn't mature enough to keep out of trouble on his day off....he didn't have his routine to keep him straight- Browns need to figure out how far they want to go to keep him available.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, I get that it was a speech to the team (or maybe just the receivers), but wondered if it wasn't also intended for Josh's consumption via his TV.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's the problem. Not only is the NFL in place for failing a drug test, it is also in place for possession of marijuana.........

The NFL and the NFL Players Association prohibit NFL athletes from the illegal use, possession or distribution of drugs, including but not limited to cocaine, marijuana, opiates and opioids, methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and phencyclidine (PCP). The abuse of prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs and alcohol is also prohibited.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/nfl/os-nfl-marijuana-policy-20151019-story.html#

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/browns_receiver_antonio_callaw.html

Browns receiver Antonio Callaway was found to have gun parts and ammunition in his car; will make trip to NY
Updated 2:04 PM; Posted 1:54 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Antonio Callaway was found to have gun parts and ammunition in his car, according to police video obtained by TMZ Sports.

According to the dash cam video obtained by TMZ Sports, the officer smelled marijuana and asked to search the car.

Callaway, who had the car shipped to him just a few days ago from Florida a source told cleveland.com, permitted the officer to conduct the search.

A Browns spokesman said Callaway is making the trip to New York today for Thursday night's game against the Giants despite the new information.

In addition to a small amount of marijuana under the driver's seat, the officer found a Glock firearm strap and several rounds of ammunition, TMZ Sports reported.

The officer admitted to his partner he got nervous when he found the ammunition and gun parts, and ordered Callaway to put his hands in the air and stay put.
Callaway told the officer there was no gun in the car.

The officer admitted to feeling bad for busting Callaway, and admitted was excited to watch Callaway play, saying he's

At one point, the officer admits he's excited to watch Callaway play -- saying he's "fast as sh*t."

------------------

What's a firearm strap?

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 08/08/18 02:11 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
What's a firearm strap?

They're for giant water guns......and bazookas.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/browns_receiver_antonio_callaw.html

Browns receiver Antonio Callaway was found to have gun parts and ammunition in his car; will make trip to NY
Updated 2:04 PM; Posted 1:54 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Antonio Callaway was found to have gun parts and ammunition in his car, according to police video obtained by TMZ Sports.

According to the dash cam video obtained by TMZ Sports, the officer smelled marijuana and asked to search the car.

Callaway, who had the car shipped to him just a few days ago from Florida a source told cleveland.com, permitted the officer to conduct the search.

A Browns spokesman said Callaway is making the trip to New York today for Thursday night's game against the Giants despite the new information.

In addition to a small amount of marijuana under the driver's seat, the officer found a Glock firearm strap and several rounds of ammunition, TMZ Sports reported.

The officer admitted to his partner he got nervous when he found the ammunition and gun parts, and ordered Callaway to put his hands in the air and stay put.
Callaway told the officer there was no gun in the car.

The officer admitted to feeling bad for busting Callaway, and admitted was excited to watch Callaway play, saying he's

At one point, the officer admits he's excited to watch Callaway play -- saying he's "fast as sh*t."

------------------

What's a firearm strap?

What the hell?

I heard he was a really, really good receiver too. This sucks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What the hell?

Someone was explaining this to me just recently in a PM.

So the strap just means the back handle of the pistol. The bullets too.

I'm not sure if any of this is actually illegal. So might not be a big deal in that sense.

But it does send up red flags

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Its time to cut this moron and move on. We never should have drafted him in the first place.

this kid has a capital L tattooed on his forehead for LOSER. This kid has LOSER written all over him.

1st he fails a Drug test at the NFL Combine

2nd he commits Credit Card Fraud in College

Now this

this kid is a PROBLEM, a BIG ONE.

Not only does he have drug issues, but he is a dirty little thief and i HATE thieves with a passion, I don't care if he has a Hall of Fame career, he stole from other people via credit card fraud, and that makes him a damn thief.

He isn't just "young" it isn't just a "mistake" this kid is a loser, and a thief to boot! You don't want this kid anywhere near your lockeroom

just cut this loser already and move on, no one else is interested trust me...we were the only team even considering drafting this kid at all...he will be locked up or out of the NFL in 3 years, just cut bait. We can find someone else without these issues.

No Bellichik puts with the this nonsense or Gordons. We will be the laughing stock of the league until we stop tolerating this BS. You didn't see the Steelers put up with Santonio Holmes drug problems, he caught the game winning pass in the SB, and was gotten rid of not long after, the Rooney's don't put up with this BS and neither should the Browns.

have some damn respect for yourself, this Callaway kid doesn't respect us or this organization, he is a loser and a thief, kick the kid out on his arse already and be done with it!

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pretty sure it's just a holster no?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't know what a firearm strap is either, but my eye was drawn to the part about him having a couple rounds in the car. That's not normal... having rounds of live ammo just kinda rolling around in your car with the loose change that gets dropped on the floor. Weird.

Also, the officer smelled weed. For those more in the know (which is basically everyone besides me), does weed smell if it hasn't been burnt/smoked? If you dropped a little bit under the seat, would it really stink up the car? Or is it just that that weed smell lingers? Did Callaway get baked in his car one too many times and there's no getting that smell out anymore?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
When I first read 'firearm parts' I thought "Oh no".

Then, I read 'glock strap' and thought "WHAT?"

I have a S&W 9 that, I swore, came with what was called 3 different 'straps'. Like you said, thats the part of the frame that your palm is on when gripping a hand gun.

AT least that's what I thought. Went to S&W's website, and checked - if it WAS called a strap, in the past, it's called something different now.

Legend
Legend
As far as I know neither strap nor ammo is illegal, though it might not be within the passenger compartment.

I wonder when his car "arrived"?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lol ok he has gun parts sounds real scary. sorry but thats like saying there was body parts in his car when they found a jersey in the back seat.

Whole thing sounds pretty lame. He shouldnt have been out that late and driving on a suspended license. Thats on him but a roach under the seat sholuldnt have been anything if he didnt appear to be high or smelling of marijuana.

Thought it was gonna be a lot worse than what I have read.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I don't know what a firearm strap is either, but my eye was drawn to the part about him having a couple rounds in the car. That's not normal... having rounds of live ammo just kinda rolling around in your car with the loose change that gets dropped on the floor. Weird.

Also, the officer smelled weed. For those more in the know (which is basically everyone besides me), does weed smell if it hasn't been burnt/smoked? If you dropped a little bit under the seat, would it really stink up the car? Or is it just that that weed smell lingers? Did Callaway get baked in his car one too many times and there's no getting that smell out anymore?

Depending on the type of pot, weed can smell either way. And keep in mind, he hadn't had this car in awhile. So it might have smelled of weed from people smoking in it for so long (the way a car that used to be a smokers does)

As for the loose bullets, it is alarming, as i said, major red flag.

Best case scenario, this is a wakeup call to Callaway that he needs to drop whoever has been driving this car. Clearly they aren't his friends and don't want what's best for him.

Worst case scenario, Callaway takes a random drug test (expected after this) and fails. And he's driving around with bullets and gun parts for guns that aren't registered to him, with no pistol permit, and so on.

I'm hoping for the best. But, i'm the optimist and have often been fooled

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
no wonder Gordon had to go back to rehab..

He smelled the weed on Callaway.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Cut one of them.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
What the hell?

Someone was explaining this to me just recently in a PM.

So the strap just means the back handle of the pistol. The bullets too.

I'm not sure if any of this is actually illegal. So might not be a big deal in that sense.

But it does send up red flags

None of that is illegal in any way.
Hell, I have three fully loaded magazines sitting in the door of my car at all times and even if I didn't have my CCW there would be nothing wrong or illegal about that. It's a non-issue and really doesn't even bear reporting.

The fact that he is still traveling to NY with the team tells me that there is a strong likelihood that this is ALL a non-issue. I'm going to bet that he already took part in Operation Golden Flow and they are either awaiting results or has already been found to be good-to-go.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I mean if he was such a party animal, why wouldn't he be drinking on Saturday night/ early Sunday morning?

I'd bet a small wager - not a large one - that he wasn't aware the weed was there - if it was a roach, as a poster surmised, you wouldn't throw it under the seat when the po-po pulls you over (thats a word I got from vers haha), you'd swallow the damn thing.

I've been a cop for many years. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the weed wasn't his. He's still getting the ticket. If any of his buddies were driving the car, or maybe drove it up from Florida or wherever there's a good chance they left something behind. That's what friends are for at that age. The simplest approach to this is for the Browns to drug test immediately since he's been cited for possession and that will tell the tale. He didn't look impaired in the dash cam video I saw.

We'll just have to wait and see what the Browns do with him. It's got to be a raging nightmare dealing with drug policy in the league these days. So many young guys have grown up in a world where street drugs are widely accepted in society. When they finally get their chains yanked by the corporate world it must come as a shock.

There was a time when busting a guy with a little bit of weed meant them having to toss it down a sewer drain or scatter it in a ditch. Since the public started screaming for video cameras all over the place that just isn't happening any more. Ten years ago this citation probably wouldn't have been issued absent any other additional circumstances.

Wow .... what a sad ass reflection of todays society .... we can’t even be human beings anymore and let someone slide for basically nothing ...

There’s really no way they could have let this slide? ... i have no clue ... just asking cause u know way more than me .... and i just gotta ask cause thats just sad ...

Thanks for the info ... i never looked at it like that before ... appreciate the education ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend

As far as smelling MJ, it's one of three things...

1. He was smoking at the time
2. Someone had been smoking A LOT in the past (and probably recently)
3. The cop just wanted an excuse to search the car (happens all the time)

Can't speak for the "gun parts" or ammo... or if any of that has any bearing on anything.

BOTTOM LINE:

Young man who's been in some bad places that finally has a chance to redeem himself and live his life long dream:

Either was smoking or had friends smoking in his car.
Doesn't understand the impact of being caught or implicated.
Drives a car with a suspended liscense...
at 3am on a Saturday night.
Doesn't tell his team he was arrested even though they've already warned him ad nauseam.

Not a good look. HOPEFULLY a no consequence wake up call.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Chief Iron Eyes Cody (born Espera Oscar de Corti April 3, 1904 – January 4, 1999) was a Sicilian-American actor. He portrayed Native Americans in Hollywood films.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
lol ok he has gun parts sounds real scary. sorry but thats like saying there was body parts in his car when they found a jersey in the back seat.

Whole thing sounds pretty lame. He shouldnt have been out that late and driving on a suspended license. Thats on him but a roach under the seat sholuldnt have been anything if he didnt appear to be high or smelling of marijuana.

Thought it was gonna be a lot worse than what I have read.

That is a good way of thinking about it. But still....

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Callaway cited for marijuana possession

Link Copied to Clipboard