Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1485682 08/10/18 04:54 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I liked what I saw, not talking about the win talking about how we played.

Defense gave up a lot on the Runs but outside of the 39 yarder kept the big runs to single digits. Pass defense looked good.

I did not like two Penalties of taunting early on.
Ward's cost us the 3 points.
Landry was a HUH come on you are the leader. Although in fairness to him. Giants were doing a lot of talking to him in that exchange thought that was bogus that both were not flagged.

Though Garrett timed that rush perfect but maybe his helmet was over the line at the snap.

Did Duke play, I didn't see him at all.

Ummm ok I hope this is a ploy as we ran up the middle like FOREVER! Chubb got tired of one yard runs and did rookie mistake of trying to bounce outside. NFL is too fast for that.

Teams look to be still stacking the run and saying TT beat us? they are in for a rude awakening. Is Landry good or what, imagine him with Mayfield. Higgins is getting confidence also.

Calloway I did not like but he started to grow on me and then...BAM so that is what a slant is suppose to look like as in an accurate throw. Over the years even with Brian Hoyer WRs would have to stop or reach back or something. This baby was laid out perfectly and poof gone. I'd like to see Gordon lick his chops as well. But I'll take Landry, Higgins, Calloway, Duke and NJOKU...who will be a TD machine this year.

Great throw by Mayfield as he made time in the pocket sliding and throwing a pass where only Njoku could catch....TD

TT also had a nice long one to Njoku as well as he was one on one with a LB...What a miss match the kid is! Good throw TT.

Mayfield has that 6th sense on when to take off, looking up all the time to throw but when hes sees the first poof that slow short guy gets the job done. More than once it ain't no coincidence. He eats, breathes and drinks Football! We got our Franchise QB guys.

Was a little disappointed in Chubb but he has to get use to the NFL holes and recognize them. Also our OL was not good at all but I "HOPE" we are saving the creative runs for the real games. wink

I liked the kid Hilliard he actually is small but looked to be the best RB out there.

Mayfield gets rid of that ball quickly and has an excellent arm.

Our defense I thought looked good especially the passing game.

I liked the kid Vogel...he hit a couple of 60 yarders and he had the ball HIGH so that coverage was down there.

I thought our ST was good nice to have a real ST coach this year. Hope he has balls enough to make the move to Vogel if he continues wink

Garret on punt coverage...I know many will poo, poo this but the SB teams actually do this!

Did I say Landry was Awesome...I think he will have well over 100 catches again. Higgins looks very similar hope he is copying Landry cause it shows.

Didn't see Janis out there, WR. Board and Scott will not be on the team.

Our DEs played well. Was a little disappointed in Meder as he looked to be there for a couple of stops and was too involved with his blocker rather than the RB.

Liked our speed as a team. Ward came up fast and made some nice tackles. Safeties didn't really notice them much but even though we blitzed a lot I think we kept it as mellow as Williams can get...lol laugh

Well I think a good showing can care less if we win or lose these games as long as we show good game with our ONES n TWOS if the guys who won't be playing football come September, lose it...who cares.

Hopefully those who got penalties will do something on Tuesday to pay for them. Its got to stop oh and Drango looked horrible at RG. Didn't see Robinson out there. Or didn't notice anyone at LT which I think is a GOOD THING. Coleman at RT, been there done that. The kid should be playing RG...can't wait for Zietler to be back!

Our Interior OL a strength was simply NOT...as Zietler and Bitonio were not there. Corbett will get better and Drango looked ugghh bad if you ask me. Love the kid but bad is bad.

Did Devalve play, can't remember him out there.

We did slide TE to the LT to help with over load...lets just say NJOKU won't be doing that for long...better he just let the guy in and slide out for a quick pass in the blitzers ope area.

Well not a bad day. I thought we looked better than at Hard Knocks good to hit other team not our own guys.

Was watching NY feed NBC not NFL Network. Giants announcers just didn't do us justice. Banks tried but he is not smooth.

I think Cajuste played WR for us today not TE as he is listed on the roster. Also he switched from 49 to 83.

Schobert flashed early on then didn't see him much. Love the new guy Kendricks I think he has Impact in him maybe one of the few sacks of the day. Orchard knocked down a couple of passes but he was on the LOS and had a poor rush. We penetrated a lot but Webb who sucked btw did get the ball off and didn't hold on...the Giants rookie looked impressive I thought...much better than Webb, but they are lost if they lose ELI.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Just a couple quick ones.

It's AMAZING how you can move the football when you're WRs actually CATCH. I'm talking Njoku, Higgins and Callaway. All 3 had excellent grabs.

Gordon? GET BACK HERE, SOON Bro!

Mayfield? I'm impressed. Excellent movement in the pocket. Poise. Stepping up. Didn't release too early. Man he looked comfortable.

Excellent toss to Callaway rolling out. Great catch.

Back shoulder to Higgins another great catch and a better throw.

Slant TD to Callaway. Laser. Perfect throw. If Mayfield intentionally threw that LOW, WOW. Perfect. Any higher woulda been knocked down. Impressive.

Dude completed some GREAT passes into TIGHT WINDOWS. Impressive for Game One.

Accurate QB? What's THAT. Lol.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Loved Njoku, great game

Loved Landry..

TT looked efficient

Mayfield???? Honestly why did we pick him first.... He didn't even looked like a better version of TT, very disappointing arm. Dink Donk Qb's running around, it's not my version of a good show. Liked to see him taking risks,but still #1????

Legend
Legend
I saw much better QB play, at least from a professional stand point ... both were poised, knew where to go with the ball, accurate, etc.

Chubb looked SLOW ... like really bad IMO (yes, the OL was awful too)

Higgins looks like a keeper to me; good for him to keep improving.

I've mentioned him a few times; I love McKinnon ... and Rod? Smith had some nice tackles

Ward's penalty was dumb as heck. First play of your career and you're gonna taunt? Not a good look.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
When we started out giving up a 39 yard run Barkley and then the penalty on Ward to keep the drive alive, I thought I was watching the Browns of the last several years. But they seemed to get it together.

I also understand why Landry was upset on that catch. I am not sure what the Db was trying to do but they where clearly out of bounds and not sure why the ref did not flag that. It was definitely unnecessary.

Chubb was a bit disappointing. And I hoped to see some fireworks from Garrett but I understand it was the first preseason game.

Was pleased with Mayfield, Landry, Callaway (later in the game), Higgins, Njoku and with out a doubt Tyrod Taylor.

Orchard made an impact but does he not always seem to make an impact in preseason and then, during the regular season, kinda disappears?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I saw much better QB play, at least from a professional stand point ... both were poised, knew where to go with the ball, accurate, etc.

I've mentioned him a few times; I love McKinnon ... and Rod? Smith had some nice tackles

Ward's penalty was dumb as heck. First play of your career and you're gonna taunt? Not a good look.

All I saw was BM running around... how is it knowing where to go with the ball... he was improvising most of the time.

Regarding his accuracy, his ball to the outside on the right was just plain ugly, he was giving the chance for anyone to make a play, not just the WR....

Liked his poise, and that he was willing to take chances, but first pick level is so much more than what he showed, IMHO.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

All I saw was BM running around... how is it knowing where to go with the ball... he was improvising most of the time.

Regarding his accuracy, his ball to the outside on the right was just plain ugly, he was giving the chance for anyone to make a play, not just the WR....

Liked his poise, and that he was willing to take chances, but first pick level is so much more than what he showed, IMHO.
IMO he "ran around" a few times due to our sieve of an OL at the time. His pass to Callaway for the TD was very accurate and good ... he double clutched waiting for the window and it was pinpoint.

His throw to Njoku was very nice as well IMO.

The sideline pass to Callaway was a scramble (not by his choice) and right on the money.

He maneuvered in the pocket very well. Didn't seem to hold the ball too long ... went through his progressions (didn't just take one look then run).

Is he a Pro Bowler? Heck no. But to me, there were some very good signs (and this is coming from a skeptic of him myself)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Saw no arm talent, honestly, the Kid has poise but IMHO you have to be crazy to take him #1.

Most of the stuff he was doing, he will not be able to do it once real NFL starts.

Saw a very low ceiling and a high floor... but was that what we were looking for?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Liked what I saw in:

Landry
TT
Njoku X2 ( He might be poised for a breakout year, he is such a mismatch)
Mayfield
Higgins
Callaway
Pass Protection (for the most part)

Didn't like:

Run blocking
Chubbs' performance
Taunting calls (esp. by Landry-- if you want to lead, don't do crap like that)
Special Teams
Not seeing Joe Thomas on the field/sidelines

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
My thoughts...

Mayfield looked great. And I am not talking about his stats. I am talking about decision making, quickness of getting rid of the ball, his decision making on when to tuck and run while still looking downfield until the last minute, and going through his progressions. He looked like he was not overwhelmed, and was a in mid season form. (still want TT to play though smile )

I told my cousin at the end of last year, Njoku was going to be a all pro Te this year if we get a half way decent QB. I am encouraged by my statement after last night. I think he is going to keep defenders up late on Saturday nights worrying.

Callaway, man can we just keep this kid out of trouble??? The potential is there. A little rusty at first (he has played in over a year, let alone his first NFL game), but then BAM a light switch hit and he was just insane. Very impressed with him, now lets keep him on the field. I would have a "security" guard with him at all times for the remainder of the season.

Oline was a little disappointing to me. They did ok in pass pro, but I thought IMO they got manhandled in the run game - similar to last year.

Chubb - I was little disappointed in, but was it all on him or the oline for not getting any holes.

defense was vanilla, and its hard to eval during preseason. The 39 yarder of the bat was like - OH MAN, here we go! But they rallied and held up pretty well.

Myles, I a am a huge fan, but is it me or IS ALWAYS OFFSIDES?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Saw no arm talent, honestly, the Kid has poise but IMHO you have to be crazy to take him #1.

Most of the stuff he was doing, he will not be able to do it once real NFL starts.

Saw a very low ceiling and a high floor... but was that what we were looking for?
No arm talent? Are you watching the same game? The TD to Njoku and Callaway were both BULLETS!

I say this with all due respect, I think you need to re-watch the game because you evaluation is completely off IMO

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
I was ok with it.

1. its preseason.
2. it was a really sick hit smile
3. we need a little "swagger" on this team. Jarvis' speech on Hard Knocks pointed that out. I was glad to see it. Now if it happens again during a real game, I will not be as ok with. But given the circumstances, and the way the team is being perceived outside of Cleveland, it was much needed.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Loved Njoku, great game

Loved Landry..

TT looked efficient

Mayfield???? Honestly why did we pick him first.... He didn't even looked like a better version of TT, very disappointing arm. Dink Donk Qb's running around, it's not my version of a good show. Liked to see him taking risks,but still #1????

Bro what game did you watch?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Legend
Legend
D
My nfl network said I was gonna get it ... had a business meeting last night til 10 ... got home .. the frickin jags game was recorded ... sons a beatches ... i gotta wait til saturday night to watch it .... I CAN’T WAIT!!!! I cant believe i just said that about a pre-season game ... there not my cup of tea ... *L* ...

It sounds like ...

- no one missed DeShaun .... wink
- taunting penalties aren’t good
- no one missed Kizer ....
- it sounds like we found out why they had no probs cutting CC ... thumbsup
- Higgins made great strides from last year (wonder how much what sounds like competent QB play played into that)
- just curious ... did u or anyone else miss Kizer .... wink ....

I cant wait to watch it dawg ... 9/9 baby ... LETS GOOOOOOoooooooooo ....

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I didn't miss Kizer before we got Mayfield lol

The offense just looked different, Mayfield had like a 12 play TD drive. I mean when was the last time we had a 12 play drive - where our D got some rest????

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Things I liked;

Tyrod was solid. Sure, he took the 4 yd run on 3rd and 8 to start, but lived to fight another drive. Those are the sort of plays our QBs have thrown meltdown INTs in the past.

Higgins looks like he has figured it out. I don't want to say it is all Juice's influence...he seemed to be coming on a bit towards the end of last season. But Juice's professionalism seems to have boosted Higgins play...I mean that sh__ is contagious. thumbsup

I saw more good tackling by our D, especially 1st and 2nd teams, than I've seen in years. Hope that keeps up, because making a team march methodically downfield without mistakes vs giving up 3-4 big plays on poor tackles is probably a 7 ppg difference, at least.

Things I was not happy with:

Obviously, Chubb and the running game were awful. Traditionally Giants' strength has been their Dline, but is it that good anymore? I doubt it. Hyde was only out there a bit, but so far, looks like a downgrade at RB from Crowell. Yuck.

Perhaps we don't have the great DEs we thought. They set the edge fairly well, from what I could tell, but made no impact plays (other than Garrett's offside, and he didn't even get the sack).

The more I watch Gregg Williams D, the more I wish there was a young coach who put a new twist on it. I don't mind the aggressiveness, all out blitzes and such, but it looks SO predictable. Player talent is going to have to overcome that predicatability in order to be a top tier D.

Browns fans are born with it...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
My nfl network said I was gonna get it ... had a business meeting last night til 10 ... got home .. the frickin jags game was recorded ... sons a beatches ... i gotta wait til saturday night to watch it .... I CAN’T WAIT!!!! I cant believe i just said that about a pre-season game ... there not my cup of tea ... *L* ...

It sounds like ...

- no one missed DeShaun .... wink
- taunting penalties aren’t good
- no one missed Kizer ....
- it sounds like we found out why they had no probs cutting CC ... thumbsup
- Higgins made great strides from last year (wonder how much what sounds like competent QB play played into that)
- just curious ... did u or anyone else miss Kizer .... wink ....

I cant wait to watch it dawg ... 9/9 baby ... LETS GOOOOOOoooooooooo ....

Lots of parts to be optimitic about. And of course, when there is adequate QB play, it rubs off on the other talent we added/already had.

Watch Njoku. He played very well. He'll be a mismatch everywhere.....exept blocking.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dude you want to come in from left field? Wow

Joe Thomas #73
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw a 1st round pick from last year who isn’t a starter in Jabrill Peppers…..HELLO Sashi Brown!

Some including myself were wondering who was going to get benched….the 1st round pick or the guy who actually played well last season in Kindred. The correct call was made IMO

Larry Ogunjobi looks like Geno Atkins at times, love the kids potential.

Austin Corbett a little in over his head right now.

The play calling….I mean seriously! Back shoulder throws, play action bang 8, WR screens…..this looks like an NFL offense….it is almost unrecognizable from the past two seasons.

The taunting I am going to chalk up as adrenaline for the first game…..but undisciplined play has been a hallmark of Hue Jackson coached teams.

I genuinely believe that Myles Garret was not offsides and the jump was just so good that the officials thought he had to have been offsides.

Last year I bemoaned Hue Jackson, his play calling, 1st and goal and we don’t even get Njoku on the field…..credit where it’s due they used him to great affect last night.

Turnovers…..it’s refreshing to see the QB’s protect the ball, last year was a nightmare.

It’s just a preseason game but even with that said, Baker threw into some very tight windows with pinpoint accuracy. His accuracy was not over hyped it’s legit.

Tim Couch, honestly, pretty good announcer, definitely the best of the bunch.

The announcer need to calm down with speaking Russell Wilsons name. The Giants aren’t a great team and it’s preseason. R-E-L-A-X

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: BpG
I saw a 1st round pick from last year who isn’t a starter in Jabrill Peppers…..HELLO Sashi Brown!

Some including myself were wondering who was going to get benched….the 1st round pick or the guy who actually played well last season in Kindred. The correct call was made IMO

The play calling….I mean seriously! Back shoulder throws, play action bang 8, WR screens…..this looks like an NFL offense….it is almost unrecognizable from the past two seasons.

The taunting I am going to chalk up as adrenaline for the first game…..but undisciplined play has been a hallmark of Hue Jackson coached teams.

I genuinely believe that Myles Garret was not offsides and the jump was just so good that the officials thought he had to have been offsides.

Last year I bemoaned Hue Jackson, his play calling, 1st and goal and we don’t even get Njoku on the field…..credit where it’s due they used him to great affect last night.

Turnovers…..it’s refreshing to see the QB’s protect the ball, last year was a nightmare.

It’s just a preseason game but even with that said, Baker threw into some very tight windows with pinpoint accuracy. His accuracy was not over hyped it’s legit.

The announcer need to calm down with speaking Russell Wilsons name. The Giants aren’t a great team and it’s preseason. R-E-L-A-X

BM accuracy.... I honestly think we must be seeing 2 different QB's, yes he was accurate, the balls hangs for so long that it's hard not to miss it. He has to be accurate outside the numbers, that's where it really makes a difference, and from what I saw, I even doubt that he can make those throws.

50% completion isn't being that accurate in my book, specially for a west coast dink donk QB.

He was the 1st pick, we must have higher standards... I saw a QB with really low ceiling, high floor, but nothing special...His arm is really nothing special, quite the contrary.

Last edited by rastanplan; 08/10/18 09:17 AM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Also, on Mayfield...

Overall I was encouraged, but people seem a bit too giddy. Not because it's early, and only 1 half, which is true. But because of two things:

1. He had several low throws. They were very well-placed, so i wouldnt call them negatives, but something worth keeping an eye on. Anyone calling the TD to Njoku a laser is watching something different from me...that ball was practically floating. I half expected a pick until i saw it was put in a perfect spot. Maybe the accuracy will be enough to make up for the velocity, but I certainly didn't see a lot of zip.

2. Both scoring drives, we needed to convert 4th downs. You really think Hue is going for both of those in a real game? And if we hadn't, then all we'd be saying is that Baker had some good awareness, and good accuracy, and led us to maybe 3 points. Again, not pessimism, just a reason to slow the roll on Baker hype.

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: BADdog

rofl ... thanks for the *L* ... that was funny ...

I was wondering if he ran out of #PuffPuffPass .... naughtydevil

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG

BM accuracy.... I honestly think we must be seeing 2 different QB's, yes he was accurate, the balls hangs for so long that it's hard not to miss it. 50% completion isn't being that accurate in my book, specially for a west coast dink donk QB.

He was the 1st pick, we must have higher standards... I saw a QB with really low ceiling, high floor, but nothing special...His arm is really nothing special, quite the contrary.

Arm look fine to me, the throw to Calloway was perfect, literally inches away from the CB’s fingertips. The incompletion to Calloway down the sideline was a really nice throw where only his guy had a chance.

You’re focusing on his arm strength when no one ever said that was his calling card. He was accurate, he moved within the pocket very well, he has good timing and an understanding of where the rushers are coming. I’m not sure what you were expecting, 40 yard deep shots on every play?

I’m not defending his arm strength as great but it looked fine to me.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
EO..agree with most of what posted above.

I saw a great improvement in the talent on the defensive side of the ball with the weakest area looking to be the interior defensive line.

...at LB the Browns are loaded with talent
...at db there was great improvement also

On offense, I saw...

...great improvement at the QB position, both the starter and #2. Finally, it looks as though the Browns have QBs who might be capable of leading an offense into the playoffs.
...at WR/TE, again great improvement/potential
...at RB..???
...at OLine, I fear retirement of Joe Thomas is going to hurt, A LOT!
....the reason I have a ? mark beside the RB position, our RBs had terrible OL blocking so there was no way to judge their performance or talent level.
.....the OL PASS BLOCKING was no better than "average" and their RUSH BLOCKING was an F.

I seriously question how the Browns draft team could be this bad at judging OLine talent. They did draft Austin Corbett, who has the physical tools to play OG/C but does not appear to be a good fit at OT.

Coaches started Corbett at LG and moved Bitonio from LG to LT. To put it another way, when the Browns drafted Corbett (at #33) they added another interior lineman instead of an OT.

It's not just that one move at LT, the RT position remains a ? mark also. Dorsey has some work to do!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Mac,
Quote:
...the reason I have a ? mark beside the RB position, our RBs had terrible OL blocking so there was no way to judge their performance or talent level.
.....the OL PASS BLOCKING was no better than "average" and their RUSH BLOCKING was an F.

I seriously question how the Browns draft team could be this bad at judging OLine talent. They did draft Austin Corbett, who has the physical tools to play OG/C but does not appear to be a good fit at OT.

No truer words have been spoken!!.. The oline did not run block NONE. It was actually pathetic. And it was consistently bad from the 1st string to the backups. Haley, that RB coach and the Oline coach should be up right now, looking at that crap shaking their heads!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Hmmmmm ... who’d a thunk .... what a shocker the OL didn’t play well ....

Two weeks ago our OL was:

Coleman/Bitino/Trettier/Zietler/Hubbard ...

Last night our OL was:

Bitino/Rookie/Trettier/Not Zietler/Hubbard ...

Go figure ... u replace a pro bowl LG with a raw ass rookie and then your starting RG can’t play .... and then they get there asses kicked by one of the best front fours in football ...

Who’d a thunk ... rolleyes ...

We will more than likely struggle on the OL as it has way more question marks than answers ... but judging off last nights performance is a joke at best ... lets be fair about it and wait until Zietler’s back and the rook has had a full meal as opposed to just a cup of coffee .... then u can crap on them for sucking ... just be patient ... *L* ...

And the tackle spot is not Dorseys fault .... other than Soldjer (whose going to regret not signing with us ... if Dorsey didnt go after him he’s a MORON .. maybe Joe T waiting played into that ... not blaming Joe just pointing out a fact) ...

Other than Soldjer there was literally nothing in the draft or FA .. HORRIBLE TACKLE CLASS ...

If he would drafted one it would have been a GIGANTIC REACH IMO ....

Just cause we need at least one tackle doesn’t mean there’s any worth aquiring ...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
For those "questioning" Bakers arm,

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/...rowing-session/

The ONLY Qb that had a stronger arm than Baker coming out this year was Josh Allen. FYI, Arm strength is not everything. Look at Kizer.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Look at Kizer.
please, no more!

L
Legend
Legend
L
For those "questioning" Bakers arm,

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/...rowing-session/

The ONLY Qb that had a stronger arm than Baker coming out this year was Josh Allen. FYI, Arm strength is not everything. Look at Kizer.

Allen is Kizer 2.0.. if anyone watched the game last night..dude is RAW.. ran backwards like 40 yards trying to avoid sack and then did a weeden flipper throw...threw it deep for sure...10 yards from where his receivers were..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
funny after watching TT and Baker, Dez declares he's coming to visit browns next week

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Allen IMO is the worst qb out of the 1st rounders. He is kizer, bollier, and Jamarcus. Great arm, no other talent upstairs.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Diam,
You are right about the line needs time to jell. But the offense cannot work if we cannot run. JT aside, Bitonio was the only true stable peice of the line. Our tackle experiment was done because none of the tackles brought in have panned out. Yes, we addressed the G position but there was nothing I saw from AMY of the line combos that could blow people off the line.

Just like we don't want to see drops and fumbles from skill positions, I don't want to see olinemen not blocking or getting blown up. But due to the fluid situation that you pointed out, I will wait patiently.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DogNDC
Diam,
You are right about the line needs time to jell. But the offense cannot work if we cannot run. JT aside, Bitonio was the only true stable peice of the line. Our tackle experiment was done because none of the tackles brought in have panned out. Yes, we addressed the G position but there was nothing I saw from AMY of the line combos that could blow people off the line.

Just like we don't want to see drops and fumbles from skill positions, I don't want to see olinemen not blocking or getting blown up. But due to the fluid situation that you pointed out, I will wait patiently.

Can’t disagree with a word u said dawg ... not a single one ...

Fl pointed it out in another thread ... only Trettier started at the same spot he did last year ... and Zietler was out ...

I’m not sure this line will ever be average ..... but it needs a chance to play together and the rook has a long ways to go ....

Its not a good situation .... it’ll improve with time and when Zietler gets back ... question is how much better and if we have even one injury on the OLwere in TROUBLE ....

Sounds like were on the same page Dawg ... thumbsup

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Allen IMO is the worst qb out of the 1st rounders. He is kizer, bollier, and Jamarcus. Great arm, no other talent upstairs.

Not what I saw yesterday... yes some rookie mistakes but some great plays,and good accuracy.

I was not a believer,but I'm actually quite impressed with the kid...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Not what I saw yesterday... yes some rookie mistakes but some great plays,and good accuracy.

well based on the fact of how you "eval" baker, that most certainly means he is a scrub. rofl

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If you came away impressed with Josh Allen and are talking down Baker's accuracy I just don't have anything to debate. You can just admit it and say "I like guys with big arms". That's fine, everyone has preferences.

Allen was anything but accurate. He threaded the needle for a TD, but this guy is going to throw a ton of INT's. If Baker ran back 15 yards and threw the ball behind his head you would be KILLING him.

Here is a link to all of the Josh Allen throws:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/8/...lls-vs-panthers

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: BADdog

rofl ... thanks for the *L* ... that was funny ...

I was wondering if he ran out of #PuffPuffPass .... naughtydevil

He just wants to find bad stuff. Desperately.

Even if there isn't any, he still has to find it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
And the tackle spot is not Dorseys fault ....

Not Dorsey's fault?

Sorry, but the GM sets the draft priorities and the Browns had two first round picks.

The best LT prospect would have likely been available to the Browns with the 2nd first round pick.

It came down to a matter of "priorities" and Dorsey thought DB was a higher draft priority than LT.

We roll with the choices we made and if an opportunity presents itself to fill our OL weakness, we need to do our best to fix it.

I hope I never see the OLine combination that played with the 1st team last night.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I was also surprised that the team was allowed to play with the all orange helmets. I thought that the NFL would have a problem with the alteration of the uniform, even in a preseason game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back Preseason: Browns 20 Giants 10 What I saw Preseason #1

Link Copied to Clipboard