Next Thread
Print Thread
#1486654 08/12/18 10:37 PM
H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
Never make it up for preseason games. Anyone want a pair? Can transfer to you. I’ll check back tomorrow.
Free

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not interested in the tickets but just wanted to say that's cool of you on the offer.

Go Browns!

Legend
Legend
Can't make it, but hats off to you for the offer! Our BB club used to donate the preseason tickets to a charity up there to let kids go to games.

Good thoughts, good actions. thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
If you don't find anybody to take them, you can donate them to the Browns charity...tickets for kids.

You can do that in your account manager where you would send them to somebody.

I think you have to do that 72 hours before the game. I have already donated my 2 exhibition games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
check pm box

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Thanks Peen. I offered mine up as well and nobody wants them, so I'll donate.

B
Legend
Legend
B
In my experience I have found that most of the people on the board don't go to games except those who already have season tickets. I have tried to give my pre-season tickets away as well and couldn't. I don't ask anymore. I just donate them and get a letter from the Browns showing I gave them and add nearly $600 to my charitable contributions on my tax return.

It makes me feel good to think some kid with a single parent or with a BIG Brother or Sister gets to watch from a premium seat. Not sure how or to who they pass out the tickets, but I am glad it is being used by some kid who otherwise might not ever enter the stadium.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm glad they offer a charitable service like that ... good idea!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
If you don't find anybody to take them, you can donate them to the Browns charity...tickets for kids.

I think you have to do that 72 hours before the game. I have already donated my 2 exhibition games.

Good info, Peen. I'm going to do that now with my preseason tickets. I'm in a similar boat, $800 on the two preseason games and I'd rather them go to a good cause than sell them for minimal value.

Thanks. thumbsup

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I've previously donated Cavs and Indians tickets to Big Brothers of Cleveland. They are thrilled to get the donations.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Good info, Peen. I'm going to do that now with my preseason tickets. I'm in a similar boat, $800 on the two preseason games and I'd rather them go to a good cause than sell them for minimal value.

Thanks. thumbsup

No problem Milk...my wife and I have always felt it important to give. If not time, some money value.

Luckily and thankfully, we have been able to give money, if not a lot of time to this point. We have given to The Salvation Army and Ronald McDonald house for decades. The Childrens Hospital at Erlanger for the last fifteen years....and the Browns charity for the last 10-11 years. That is who we have settled on.

If you have the means to give, we feel it is important to do so. We did when we probably didn't really have the means.

If $52 a year to your PBS station is all you can give....do it.

Everybody in here can give $1 a week.....come one

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Always?

Years ago, it was me who told you about donating tickets to organizations who gave them to kids year ago after you were talking about sitting on tickets. Remember?

I used to donate mine to the Boys and Girls Club.

I would like to add onto this thread, though. I think it is a freaking crime that NFL teams charge full price for exhibition games. You can't even hardly give them away. Yet, they make you pay full price. It's lame. It's the NFL.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Always?

Years ago, it was me who told you about donating tickets to organizations who gave them to kids year ago after you were talking about sitting on tickets. Remember?

I would like to add onto this thread, though. I think it is a freaking crime that NFL teams charge full price for exhibition games. You can't even hardly give them away. Yet, they make you pay full price. It's lame. It's the NFL.

He said time or money. Nice attention grab though. It is great if you donate to those organizations though.

To the OP, I think it's awesome and agree with others that donating them to kids somehow.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
If someone is giving out 2 tickets, I might be interested in going, PM me seat location and we'll go from there. Thanks!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Always?

I do remember. Thanks for the tip. At the time I didn't know you could forward them to the Browns charity through the locker room account. It wasn't like I could give to some group down the street since I am about 600 miles away. So, ok, I have had tickets for 12 seasons now and have been giving away seats for 10 or 11 years now.

It is a rip we have to pay full price for useless games. It is what it is.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
No one giving out tickets any longer?

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
If anyone is giving away 2 tix I will take em , coming up from Columbus would take 12 year old Grandson then crash at dads in Twinsburg, thx

Pm me

Last edited by Referee 3; 08/17/18 03:48 PM.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back Preseason: Browns 17 Bills 19 Anyone want tickets?

Link Copied to Clipboard