Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

RD2 isn't out until next year...

Red Dead 2 is out this October.

Yeah, that's what I meant, in the fall.

I think I go by football calendar where the new year starts in September, lol.

I finally finished RDR last night. Top 5 game all time for me.

Spoiler alert below.

It was so satisfying to shoot Edgar Ross. I didn't murder any of his family but it was a great way to end the game putting about 5 bullets into him on his little fishing trip.

I seriously cannot wait for RDR2. I bought Undead Nightmare, but I may hold off on that until like the month before RDR2 is released, as a warm up to the game.

I think I will go back to Horizon now. I'm about halfway through that one.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Few notes from Bethesda E3 presentation.

Elder scrolls 6 is happening. No additional info, just that it is happening.

Starfield new IP being developed for next gen consoles

Fallout 76 - next fallout game, release date November 14. Will be single and multiplayer.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Battlefront II getting General Grevious, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker and finally... Obi Wan!

Anthem looks awesome yet EA makes me soooo incredibly hesitant.

The Division 2 in Washington DC? Heck yeah. Crossbow? Heck yeah... but I remember the last E3 gameplay and it looked a lot different from the game we got on launch. Hopefully they did in fact improve the Snow Drop engine.

These are the highlights I got from the bit of E3 I've caught.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I ordered Star Trek on for PSVR. graphics are not exactly what I would call up to date, but you def feel like your on the bridge, and its pretty realistic (well, close to the show) when it comes to commanding the ship. I played about an hour - not that bad.

First time I hooked up my VR up in months. They have this thing now called Next VR, where you can watch clips of all kinds of sports. They had the finals.....man. Insane to watch. I thought Lebron was trying to alley to me during game 3 self alley.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone have the Xbox One X, yet? How does it compare to the S?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Started Far Cry 5 (finally)

Fun game. Storyline is bonkers of course, but something about the shooting seems off. It's not enough to disappoint me, but it just doesn't have the feel that the previous games had.

I've already flown a plane and a helicopter too. The map is awesome. I love the terrain and atmosphere. Montana was a great idea for a game, and it covers a part of this country that hasn't really been used before for video games.

Also been playing FIFA 18 with the new WC update. Props to EA for not trying to scam people out of 60 bucks for a standalone World Cup game, although you don't get the qualifying pre tournament stuff, which I always found a lot of fun in previous WC games.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
The Assassin Creed Odyssey looks cool at E3.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Fun game. Storyline is bonkers of course, but something about the shooting seems off. It's not enough to disappoint me, but it just doesn't have the feel that the previous games had.

I've already flown a plane and a helicopter too. The map is awesome. I love the terrain and atmosphere. Montana was a great idea for a game, and it covers a part of this country that hasn't really been used before for video games.

Also been playing FIFA 18 with the new WC update. Props to EA for not trying to scam people out of 60 bucks for a standalone World Cup game, although you don't get the qualifying pre tournament stuff, which I always found a lot of fun in previous WC games.

I just traded in FarCry 5. I loved the graphics, but it was just off to me, like you said.

I got Farpoint for VR, and The Show. I played the show for a little last night, I like last years a little better so far, but it is by far the superior MLB game.

Legend
Legend
I've been playing Sea of Thieves as my general time-killer, and just pre-ordered Insurgency: Sandstorm.

SoT is fun with a small group of friends.
If Sandstorm is even half as fun as the original Insurgency, it will be an instant hit. Very much looking forward to that one!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I just traded in FarCry 5. I loved the graphics, but it was just off to me, like you said.

I got Farpoint for VR, and The Show. I played the show for a little last night, I like last years a little better so far, but it is by far the superior MLB game.

I'm actually loving FC5 so far, although like I said, the shooting is a little more realistic. It's tough to get anyone from a decent enough distance...

Someone also hooked me up with a free copy of FIFA 18. Awesome game. I just can't stand the way transfers are done. I don't really want or need cut scenes when trying to transfer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For anyone interested, I tried Monster Hunter World and the game was very disappointing. Not sure where the reviews are.

So, instead I popped in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion which I grabbed randomly at Best Buy around the same time, and I'm enjoying it. Makes me think I'll play Skyrim: Remastered GOTY next. I've played Skyrim already, but 4 years later, I bet I could get right back into it. Maybe Fall Out 4 after that, lol

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
For anyone interested, I tried Monster Hunter World and the game was very disappointing. Not sure where the reviews are.

It's been hit or miss with that game it seems. I've held back on it.

What little gaming I've done is some Battlefront II online. EA and company really screwed up the awesome potential and pretty much abandoned this game. I truly knew better than paying full retail price but I did it anyway. Hopefully the clone wars content when it finally drops helps.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I picked up an used copy of Mass Effect Andromeda. It was only $12.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Loved Andromeda. Was very sad to hear there wouldn't be a sequel

Legend
Legend

Loved Andromeda. Was very sad to hear there wouldn't be a sequel

Yeah, let me know how you like it. I was pleasantly surprised. I think a lot of Youtube "reviewers" trashed the hell out of the game for the heck of it, and everyone just sort of jumped on the bandwagon. It's not as good as ME1 and ME2, but those were some top notch games too.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I like Mass Effect, not sure why the reviews are generally negative. I think it's a step down from the others, yes, but it's not as bad as the reviews make it seem.

Been playing a little H1Z1 as well. Free to play games are the best lol.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Finished Far Cry 5. Kinda meh about the ending, but overall a fun game in a series that keeps getting a little bit better each time around.

Started AC: Black Flag. Pretty fun so far.

My backlog is really shrinking down. I think all I have left is GTA V, Bioshock Collection, South Park FTW, Dying Light, and I'm about a quarter of the way through the Witcher 3. All awesome titles that I'm excited to get to play.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Ac: Black Flag is by the far the best in the series. And I mean BY FAR.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you have GTAV and plan on getting RDR2 you can unlock this stone hatchet in RDR2 by running a few missions for Maude in GTAO. You also get $250K. I did it earlier this week, pretty quick.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/03/f...ad-redemption-2

Eat it Phil...
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Finished Far Cry 5. Kinda meh about the ending, but overall a fun game in a series that keeps getting a little bit better each time around.

Started AC: Black Flag. Pretty fun so far.

My backlog is really shrinking down. I think all I have left is GTA V, Bioshock Collection, South Park FTW, Dying Light, and I'm about a quarter of the way through the Witcher 3. All awesome titles that I'm excited to get to play.

Enjoy fighting the ghost ships, one of them presented a big challenge to me. Great game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Ac: Black Flag is by the far the best in the series. And I mean BY FAR.

I'm about an hour and a half in the game so far and it's been awesome.

Minimal current-day cut scene stuff. I don't hate that angle to game/story, but I just don't want to be overrun with it the whole time. The focus of the game should be on whatever period of history the game is supposed to be.

I've also found that AC games in general are a lot more enjoyable when you don't aim for 100% completion. At least 30-40% of their games are fetch quests, and not worth anyone's time. Stick to the story, and fetch things when you need money or resources, and it's just a better experience.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Minimal current-day cut scene stuff. I don't hate that angle to game/story, but I just don't want to be overrun with it the whole time. The focus of the game should be on whatever period of history the game is supposed to be.

I've also found that AC games in general are a lot more enjoyable when you don't aim for 100% completion. At least 30-40% of their games are fetch quests, and not worth anyone's time. Stick to the story, and fetch things when you need money or resources, and it's just a better experience.

I play a lot of VideoGames. I've played most of the AC games too.

I liked AC4. Not as much as AC: Origins (which i loved), but Black Flag was a good game.

And the whole Captain your own Pirate Ship thing is just ridiculously cool. Start doing that, and you'll see yourself spending hours upgrading your ship and plundering the Spanish (and British) Ships.

It was definitely something new.

Honestly, i've enjoyed all the latest Assassin's Creed Games. Not all match AC:4. But besides 3, the series has been pretty good

S
Legend
Legend
S

I play a lot of VideoGames. I've played most of the AC games too.

I liked AC4. Not as much as AC: Origins (which i loved), but Black Flag was a good game.

And the whole Captain your own Pirate Ship thing is just ridiculously cool. Start doing that, and you'll see yourself spending hours upgrading your ship and plundering the Spanish (and British) Ships.

It was definitely something new.

Honestly, i've enjoyed all the latest Assassin's Creed Games. Not all match AC:4. But besides 3, the series has been pretty good

I think 2 is still my favorite.

3 was really good, but there was almost too much to do in the game. The storyline was awesome though, I'm a sucker for Revolutionary War stuff.

I have not played any of these new ones, but I have heard some decent stuff about this latest one in Egypt.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Picked up the new South Park game back in January, it was on sale, and it came with Stick of Truth as a free digital download.

I kinda felt like jumping into it, so the other day, I opened the game, and the ticket for Stick of Truth was expired.

Decided to try it anyway, and it actually worked, lol.

So I'm currently rotating Black Flag, South Park, Fifa, and College Football.

Stick of Truth is so amazing! A really well done True RPG (not the biggest fan of turn based, but for whatever reason this just works great)

Presentation is A+.

I hear FBW is not as good as SOT, but I seriously can't wait try it

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I sort of faded out of the Mass Effect game. Just didn't hook me. What I've been playing is Battlefront II (General Grevious is coming next month, 50,000 credits needed) so been saving up for him and etc and I've been playing H1Z1 a little.

H1Z1 is like Fortnite, free, but without the whole "building" aspect like Fortnite has which I don't like. Survival/battle royale type game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H1Z1 is like Fortnite, free,

I did not realize H1Z1 was free, going to download that and check it out, thanks!

Eat it Phil...
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
H1Z1 is like Fortnite, free,

I did not realize H1Z1 was free, going to download that and check it out, thanks!

Ive looked everywhere on the Xbox store, is it on Xbox? Watched a few videos on youtube, it looks better than PubG, which sucked in my opinion.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I think H1Z1 may just be a PS4 thing for the time being.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Target employee made my day. Stopped by target for something unrelated to video games. Swung by electronics section for the heck of it. They had SNES classic in stock. I already had one, but my cousin was still looking for one. I asked the clerk to get one for me, she asked if I wanted the NES or SNES. This caught me by surprise as I only saw SNES on the shelf and was still looking for an NES for myself. She said they had some NES in the back. I walked out with one of each.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
PS4 Plus peeps, God of War III Remastered is free for download. I actually just scooped it up.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Does anyone know why you can't preorder a standard version of RDR on Amazon?

Edit: It's finally up for preorder lol

Last edited by Spergon FTWynn; 09/19/18 08:30 PM.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Anyone play spidey for ps4 yet?

S
Legend
Legend
S

No, but I am hearing great things. I will probably pick this thing up when it gets discounted.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Anyone interested in the Playstation Classic? I might be depending on the games. Anyone have the complete low down on it?

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Anyone interested in the Playstation Classic? I might be depending on the games. Anyone have the complete low down on it?

5 of the games have been confirmed so far...

Final Fantasy 7
Jumping Flash!
R4: Ridge Racer Type-4
Tekken 3
Wild Arms

My guess is, you'll definitely also see...

Metal Gear Solid
Twisted Metal
Crash Bandicoot
Tomb Raider
Tekken
Oddworld
Silent Hill
Wipeout
Cool Boarders

I would love to see Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but I just wonder how the rights work for the Castlevania series...

Same goes with Tony Hawk, especially with the amount of music on those games.

Would love the old GTA games, but I doubt we'll see any of those. GTA, GTA 2, and GTA 1969 were all hilariously fun games.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
If it has Twisted Metal, I will be down. Tekken 3 was my stuff too, I was unbeatable back in the day.

Cool Borders will bring back some memories.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Ohhhh yeah, I use to rock Twisted Metal in the day. Great game, so was the second.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

No, but I am hearing great things. I will probably pick this thing up when it gets discounted.

I think I will wait as well. With Red Dead 2, CoD, and all the other prime time games coming out, I don't think I will be able to get into it enough time wise here shortly.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Does anyone know with the RDR2 download, are you able to play it tonight at 9pm?

Gamestop is allowing to pick up the hard copies at 9pm, but I got the download through them.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard