Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
11 wins. The D will be freakish. Our run game will work and and Haley and Tyrod along with a stable of talent will keep us in it.

GO BROWNS!

brownie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
5-11

Pittsburgh - LOSS -
at New Orleans - LOSS
NY Jets - WIN -
at Oakland - Loss
Baltimore - LOSS
LA Chargers - LOSS -
at Tampa Bay - Win -
at Pittsburgh - LOSS -
Kansas City - LOSS -
Atlanta - LOSS -
at Cincinnati - Win -
at Houston - WIN
Carolina - LOSS -
at Denver - LOSS -
Cincinnati - WIN -
at Baltimore - LOSS -

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Realistically .. I think 6 - 10 .. with luck, the right bounces, with few to no major injuries 10 - 6.

it is what it is...

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
13-3 and we beat ATL in the Super Bowl.

Wake me up when this dream is over.
I'll wake you up when we're 0-4 and your prediction doesn't hold water smile

Let him sleep.

L
Legend
Legend
L
6-10, give or take a win or two.

We need another year of growth, at least. If 47 things go right, we might get 9 wins and challenge for a wildcard, but I doubt it.

Could happen, though.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think we end up somewhere between 7-9 to 9-7. I think our defense will shine this year and that our offense won't really hit stride until game 7 or so.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
B
Legend
Legend
B
It starts with the opener. We'll find out how prepared this team is and it will set the tone for the remaining games.

7 is the correct number. For me, it is more about losses being the measure. We can't lose 10 games if we want this thing to remain the same.

7 wins isn't being unrealistic, nor is expecting to not lose 10 games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
6 and 10

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
It starts with the opener. We'll find out how prepared this team is and it will set the tone for the remaining games.

7 is the correct number. For me, it is more about losses being the measure. We can't lose 10 games if we want this thing to remain the same.

7 wins isn't being unrealistic, nor is expecting to not lose 10 games.

I agree with this. I think Hue needs to avoid double digit losses to keep his job, and I hope he does. I'd love to go into 2019 with optimism based on results and performance, not just what's on paper (or on the island, lol).

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
IMO, if we follow 1-31 with 6-10, that's a very good turnaround, and depending on other factors, it shouldn't get Hue fired.

gmstrong

-----------------

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: eotab
As usual...

16-0

Why change now that we are actually getting closer...lol laugh

I would like to add this "SERIOUS" prediction...football guy talking not Homer.

The Browns win their Division for the first time in a LONG TIME! wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
2-14

With a decent head coach this should be a 7-9 team at the very least.

Hugh is NO head coach. He is an embarrassment.

What's the over under on when Jackson is canned? If we start out 0-4 he better be gone ASAP!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Legend
Legend
D
4 win season.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
6 and 10. 2 and 4 in the division.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't know how to read this team yet.

I see real tangible improvement across the board, and I think will turn to Bake if the season turns sour early. I think the defense will be top 5 this year we have the pieces to be real special on that side of the ball. If MG stays healthy he will absolutely light up QB's.

That should help an offense that will struggle with TT as our starter. They may not be saying it but I think Bake will start by mid season, I think he is ready to play I really do. I could have never said the same about our 1st round picks of the past. Oh and I don't see us suffering with him starting either in fact he will be a huge improvement over TT.

A true guess on my part 8-8 I think the defense will be the force that carries this team early I really do, and health always plays a roll, but I see huge improvements in depth so unlike in the past will be able to absorb injuries better then I can remember. The drop off won't be as bad because of the depth actually being able to play.

8-8 and maybe better, this is the season where we turn this thing around I truly believe that.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
9-7 & wild card

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
9-7 & wild card

I think this is a real (though remote) possibility. We have yet to have a season where some lucky breaks went our way....Lord knows we're looooong overdue. If we win the 5-6 games that most here seem to think and then catch a lucky break or two in a few others, we can do that.

A team or two manage to do this unexpectedly every year. I'm not expecting it, but it can and does happen with regularity.
The Lions and Falcons in 2016 were predicted to finish near the bottom. Last year it was the Bills and the Jags.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
9-7 & wild card

I think this is a real (though remote) possibility. We have yet to have a season where some lucky breaks went our way....Lord knows we're looooong overdue. If we win the 5-6 games that most here seem to think and then catch a lucky break or two in a few others, we can do that.

A team or two manage to do this unexpectedly every year. I'm not expecting it, but it can and does happen with regularity.
The Lions and Falcons in 2016 were predicted to finish near the bottom. Last year it was the Bills and the Jags.

Yeppers. And NONE of these worst to first teams EVER brought in the talent that we have in ONE single year.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You might want to research what Jax did in the two seasons before they made that big turn around.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/02/18 10:11 AM.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You might want to research what Jax did in the two seasons before they made that big turn around.

I know EXACTLY what they did.

Falls right into what I said.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You are starting to worry me.

Legend
Legend

I agree with what you stated.

As I stated earlier I could see nine wins.

This defense is going to shock some teams. I know about pre season and what it means. However, when you watch the Eagle game, Lions and Bills. It is no mirage.

This defense is going to get after people.

Tyrod? I truly don't know. He played very little and it is hard to forecast how he will play with this offense.
The pre-season showed little of Duke and I believe he will be used heavy both in pass and run. Obviously Gordon changes the passing attack.

So, offensively I don't believe we have seen much of what they can do. Haley for sure has kept much secret.

Mayfield is breathing down TT neck. Very encouraged by what I have seen both on the field and the way he handles himself. My hope is TT plays well. I want Baker to sit. However, if he does get the call I think he will handle it.

Injury is always a key factor. Not only to us but the teams we play. If teams on our schedule lose key guys and we don't. It is just as important as our health. Depth is crucial. We are better prepared then before.

There are many unknowns with all teams. Rosters change a lot every year. Last year is history. Tomorrow a mystery. New guys will step forward. Old stars will fall.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
An ambitious 7-9

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ditto... 7-9... more entertaining than last year.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
8-8

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I feel like this is our year to come back strong. I predict we win the division and make the playoffs. 12 wins.

After my over optimistic (don't jynx us) prediction above, I explained that we always do worse than I predict so I'm going high.

After cuts and shuffling Day 1, I'm giving my realistic (what I really think) prediction of 6-7 wins. AND at least one of those wins will be against the Steelers.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
BTW:

I'm saying 6-10 but I'm not giving up on the playoffs, either.

That's not how I operate.

gmstrong

-----------------

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm rolling with 8-8, maybe even 9-7.

With Williams and Haley I expect to see 4 full quarters of football from both sides of the ball. My hope is that we are done seeing "let's count the ways we can outsmart ourselves" football.

With TT, we don't need him to do anything fancy or be a QB that he isn't. We have enough play makers capable of taking it to the house on offense that all he needs to worry about is getting the ball in to their hands.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
6 - 10 most likely....
Our biggest issue is not the talent we are putting on the field but the psychological issues associated with going 1 - 31 over the last 2 years. I doubt many of our players truly believe we can win.... it's a hard cycle to break man..

But.... if we find a way to win Sunday's game, the first of the year, against a division opponent who has dominated us for years, we may catch lightening in a bottle and win 10.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
My hope is that we are done seeing "let's count the ways we can outsmart ourselves" football.

I just love how many guys talk big when they are criticizing the play calling, yet when opportunities present themselves, as in the Steeler Breakdown thread, they are nowhere to be found.

Most of you playcalling critics have no idea about play calls, schemes, terminology, etc. You just bark loud when you don't like a particular coach.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
the Browns are a mentally fragile team and their first 4 games will really set the tone. They could come out of their first 4 games at 2-2, and if so they will maintain their positive vibe. A start of 1-3 or especially 0-4, they can and will fold. A losing culture has chains that are hard to break!
With that being said, the Browns will be 4-12.

Go Browns!

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I think we finish 5-11 but show signs of major improvement

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
2-14

With a decent head coach this should be a 7-9 team at the very least.

Hugh is NO head coach. He is an embarrassment.

What's the over under on when Jackson is canned? If we start out 0-4 he better be gone ASAP!

Hilarious! Were you here last year?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm cautiously optimistic.

I cannot emphasize enough how much we miss Joe. I would LOVE to have JT at LT and Bitonio at LG which I think is his better position. Oh well, we have to move on. One of my concerns is lack of depth. If Corbett gets hurt, then I'm not quite sure what we do.. either Harrison who is Bitonio's backup, Neary who is a center and hasn't played with the team yet or possibly Robinson who is Hubbard's backup or we raid the PS for Kyle Kalis.. Oy Vey..

Our QB's CANNOT hold on to the ball very long.. we need disciplined play and route runners. we don't have the depth to play sloppy, if we do, we lose. our starters need to stay healthy and play well.

I think Vegas is on target at over under 5.5, the question is over or under.

I think 6

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Man, you guys are some TOUGH CRACKERS.

I understand. You need to SEE to BELIEVE. That's cool.

MY PREDICTION.

This has NOTHING to do with Bell's absence. I would still predict the Browns are going to POP Pittsburgh this Sunday. And GOOD!

31-17

I look across this defense and we've got ALOT of guys going into year 2 of this D. And even though we haven't SEEN it yet, the Secondary has been severely upgraded in TALENT.

I thought for sure that Carrie was going to be our #2 behind Ward. Very happily surprised by what Mitchell has done to capture that spot. Having Boddy-Calhoun and Gaines ahead of Currie is a good thing. Boddy's listed as the back-up FS, but he will be in on ALOT of Nickel and Dime packages.

No more FS lining up in Lake Erie. Peppers closer to the LOS. I saw a TON of Corners tight to the LOS this preseason. EXACTLY what I wanted to see.

Garrett's healthy. HUGE ADVANTAGE US. He's even said he played all last year at less than 100%. The Loss of Kendricks SUCKS, but this Avery Kat looks every bit the part along with 3 VET Starters.

This D could be superb going forward.

Offense. Across the board CRAZY ASS upgrades including the one position we have been searching for since 99. Taylor brings STABILITY and BALL CONTROL. Ball Protection. With the plethora of weapons we've got he CANNOT dink and dunk or we will see Mayfield sooner than anyone wants to believe.

It's INSANE how we go from an Opening Day WR core of Britt, Louis and Higgins to Gordon, Landry, Higgins and Callaway. That's what I call EXPLOSIVE!

Jeeezuz. Add Njoku and Duke to that? My Gawd, Defenses can't cover EVERYONE.

We've got a solid 1-2 punch at RB also.

Getting Haley is going to be a HUGE positive allowing Jackson to be HC ONLY. You guys can STOMP on Jackson all you want from the past 2 years, but his tenure here STARTS NOW.

I keep looking at our schedule and there is not ONE TEAM that intimidates me. NOT ONE.

Our 2 toughest are AT New Orleans Game 2 and AT Houston Game 12. By that time we should be firing on all cylinders.

This is a PREDICTION THREAD. Therefore MY PREDICTION is we come out and send a MESSAGE to Pittsburgh Sunday and beat them handily. This will be the major turn for us.

We then go to New Orleans and if I'm correct in them looking to week 3 and a much anticipated match up with Division Rival Atlanta, we could POP them by surprise.

I'm calling this RIGHT NOW.

We will be 6-4 in the first 10, then comes the Bye Week and we finish 4-2.

THAT'S 10-6 DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I got them going anywhere from 4-12 to 7-9

However it's a new day and hope springs eternal so I'll go high side and 6-10.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Just an additional comment... I'm surprised by how many say 3 or 4 or 5 wins... In all honesty, do you really believe that, or are you just trying not to disappoint yourself?

Some food for thought.

If the Bills made the playoffs last year, why can't we?

Granted before last year the Bills were 7-9, 7-9, and 8-8 the past 3 years so it's not like they made leaps and bounds. However, they did hire a new HC for last year. So they all had new things to learn...

Tyrod was their quarterback and it's been said that he has a better supporting cast this year than he's ever had. The Bills defense was ranked 26th, I believe, while we were ranked 14th... we didn't win a game, and we've improved.

So we have a better supporting cast and a better defense... if everything flows through the quarterback, why couldn't we be at least 9-7 or better?

Forget the strength of schedule, our schedule is always going to be more difficult because everyone beats us. At least one other team in our division is probably not going to make the playoffs. Another team on our schedule is probably going to finish with 5 wins when they've been predicted to make the playoffs. Things will happen (even to us). I'll admit playing the AFC West and the NFC South are 2 of the more difficult divisions, but every division is difficult...

So... why not us? Why can't we do as the Dolphins did who went from 1 win to 11 wins? Why can't we win 10 or 11? What is holding us back?

My question is rhetorical. My point is that there's no reason why we can't make the playoffs. There's no excuse of an 0-16 would never be able to make the playoffs the following year. 3 or 4 or 5 wins would be an improvement in record only. There's no reason this team can't win 10+ games. None. Zero.

Bless'm.

Legend
Legend
I truly believe we are a team that will win between 3-5 games, mostly because we have a QB who is below average (which is still an upgrade for us). Our offense will struggle IMO.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Man, you guys are some TOUGH CRACKERS.

I'm flat out nervous like never before.

Is it TWUE, Is it TWUE?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard