Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted By: Swish
you just posted yet another example of christians "compartmentalizing".

good job, you completely contradicted all the stuff you posted.

I'm sorry you don't know what compartmentalizing is. TO compartmentalize is to divide into sections. Our religious beliefs are not divided or sectioned off from our political views.

Choosing the lesser of two evils is not compartmentalization. It's like choosing amputation over death. Would you say that choosing amputation over dying is compartmentalizing?

Choosing a man who has done some distasteful things in the past over a person who will have policies that you think will be highly destructive is not compartmentalization. It is using common sense.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 09:48 AM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: LA Brown fan

I'm sorry you don't know what compartmentalizing is. TO compartmentalize is to divide into sections. Our religious beliefs are not divided or sectioned off from our political views.

lol. this becomes more hilarious every time you post this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L

lol. this becomes more hilarious every time you post this.

It's hillarious, because you pulled the Liberal ruse of false accusation. Choosing Trump over H. Clinton is choosing the lesser of two evils. That is not compartmentalization. only in the psycho-babel world of liberals.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 09:42 AM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Maybe this will help

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/compartmentalize

Get it now? Good.

SO where is the compartmentalizing in my posts?

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 09:48 AM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Also, go back to the post where I first used the word "compartmentalize" and see the context in which it was used. Also, there is no substance to what you are accusing me of.

You're just grasping straws to avoid the real issue.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 09:52 AM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
only in the psycho-babel world of liberals.

excellent display your christian values right there.

lol. please, keep it going. you're doing such fine work right now.

Last edited by Swish; 09/01/18 09:51 AM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i know what the word means.

it seems like you don't.

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Quote:
only in the psycho-babel world of liberals.

excellent display your christian values right there.

The Christian value of exposing error is a good one.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Yep, it means to divide into sections. So what have I divided into sections, Maestro?

Having priorities as to what is more important and less important in making decisions is compartmentalizing? What an interesting world you must live in.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 09:58 AM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yep, it means to divide into sections. So what have I divided into sections, Maestro?

you should probably read my post. you made it clear you didn't vote for trump, and i never claimed you did because of it. im talking about his cult like supporters who are christians.

did they teach you how to read in christian school?

conservative christians remind me less of my grandmother, and more of the people in jonestown 1978.

anyway, its clear you don't know the meaning behind the word you keep using. but keep posting, this is perfect pre-game laughter before the games start.

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
quote- you should probably read my post.

I did. You talked about Trump's personal flaws. You interpreted the fact that I think avoiding Clinton's bad policies are more important than rejecting Trump based on his flaws as compartmentalization. You are wrong. That is all

quote you made it clear you didn't vote for trump, and i never claimed you did because of it. im talking about his cult like supporters who are christians.

What about the cult like liberals who riot when they don't get their way? Should I compare you to them and stereotype you like you are doing to me?

quote- did they teach you how to read in christian school?

You are the one who did not properly comprehend what I said. I said in effect "Hillary's bad policies are more dangerous than Trump's character flaws". You called that compartmentalizing.

And I posted a definition of the word "compartmentalize" which is an adequate definition for the way I used the word. I am sorry that you ignore RULES OF CONTEXT.

BTW, I went to public school in California, and my reading comprehension was in the top ten percent in the state. Wrong again, Doctor

quote- conservative christians remind me less of my grandmother, and more of the people in jonestown 1978.

Only people who have no substance in what they say resort to this kind of argumentation

quote- anyway, its clear you don't know the meaning behind the word you keep using. but keep posting, this is perfect pre-game laughter before the games start.

I posted a link to a definition. That is the way I used the word. An elementary rule in interpretation is to define a word based on the context in which it is used.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 10:41 AM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Hillary's terrible policies are more dangerous than Trump's character flaws. So where is the compartmentalization in this statement?

If you can't answer, just say so.

I will wait a day or so and check back and see if you can back up what you said.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 10:49 AM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Deleted

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 10:49 AM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
what about the liberals?

last time i checked, this is a thread about trump and evangelicals.

im not christian, so please dont try to play what about with me. you guys are the ones who disregarded your values and voted for a guy who only claims christianity cause you guys are gullible enough to think he actually cares about you.

you wrote all this nonsense....and still cant seem to realize that christians sacrificed their "Values" and voted for someone who has none.

thats not on me. thats on your people.

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
what about the liberals?

last time i checked, this is a thread about trump and evangelicals.

im not christian, so please dont try to play what about with me. you guys are the ones who disregarded your values and voted for a guy who only claims christianity cause you guys are gullible enough to think he actually cares about you.

you wrote all this nonsense....and still cant seem to realize that christians sacrificed their "Values" and voted for someone who has none.

thats not on me. thats on your people.

Better than letting someone with anti-Christian values getting elected, I guess. Like supporting partial birth abortions, allowing minors to have abortions without parental consent, candidates that undermine religious liberty and freedom of speech, etc.

You weigh the pros and cons and you decide what's best when neither of the choices are ideal

If I only have enough money to buy food for my children and I can't buy them new jeans, I am not giving up the value of clothing them in nice clothes, I am valuing being able to feed them higher. That is not compartmentalizing. That is prioritizing.

You need to try to think logically, not emotionally.

If choose to ignore the difference between prioritizing and compartmentalizing, I don't see any point in continuing this discussion

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 11:24 AM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
oh im thinking logically. you're just not thinking.

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Your argument neither makes sense nor is it relevant to what I was talking to Damanshot about. It's just a silly diversion. The only recourse you have when you don't have an answer to what is actually being said. WE were talking about non profit organizations in regards to political activities like making ads. It had nothing to do with the fluff you are talking about

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 12:18 PM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i simply highlighted an aspect that was completely wrong of you to say.

and its still wrong. nothing you've said change that. its not fluff, its the truth you refuse to acknowledge.

not my problem.

anyway, to your overall comment, yea, if you want the churches to talk politics, then tax they asses.

they should be taxed anyway, but if you really want to have sermons dedicated to endorsing particular candidates, then get taxed, or keep your mouth shut.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

Well we certainly aren't going to the support radical liberals

Trump with all of his flaws is better than the alternative was. Hillary Clinton would have been infinitely worse.

Disclaimer...I didn't vote for any of the candidates.

According to you, it seems you made the wise choice. When there is not a candidate fit for the office by either a leadership or minimum moral requirement, abstaining is probably the best choice.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nothing about making excuses why Christians sold their moral compass down the river to vote for pond scum makes any sense. You either stand by and live according to your morals or you don't. There was nothing in common between morality and voting for Trump.

That's why I NEVER want to hear Christians who voted for Trump talking about morality or family values again! Their actions do not support what they "claim" to believe in.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Judge speaketh.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
The Judge speaketh.

No, but the judge will. And the obvious outcome is he won't be kind when it comes to this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
The Judge speaketh.

No, but the judge will. And the obvious outcome is he won't be kind when it comes to this.

And how will you judge God if He disagree's with your judgement?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/01/18 01:31 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've read the book. The outcome is basic. It seems you think the book is full of lies. It's not.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I've read the book. The outcome is basic. It seems you think the book is full of lies. It's not.

Then you must have missed this part...

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Matthew 7:1-2

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
i simply highlighted an aspect that was completely wrong of you to say.

and its still wrong. nothing you've said change that. its not fluff, its the truth you refuse to acknowledge.

not my problem.

anyway, to your overall comment, yea, if you want the churches to talk politics, then tax they asses.

they should be taxed anyway, but if you really want to have sermons dedicated to endorsing particular candidates, then get taxed, or keep your mouth shut.

Nice set of strawmen there...

a. I never said anything incorrectly. I used the word compartmentalize correctly. we don't put our faith and our politics into seperate compartments. That is the context of the way I used the word.

b. I never said I wanted churches to talk politics. Strawman. I have never been in a church that devoted a sermon to a candidate. Neither have I ever heard any of my many pastors endorse a candidate. They encourage us to vote and they sometimes provide literature that lists all the candidates and their positions on various issues, without endorsing any of them.

Where did the article say that Trump asked the Evangelicals pastors to endorse candidates? I didnt see that part. HE SAID TO MAKE SURE THEY help get people OUT TO VOTE.

What about planned parenthood, a non profit organization that endorses and puts out ads in support of candidates? You apparently don't have a problem with that.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 05:56 PM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Well let me point out where you are BADLY WRONG. Nowhere in the article did Trump tell the pastors to endorse candidates or preach sermons about voting for specific candidates. He told them that they needed to get out the vote. SO your entire argument is a strawman.

SO you think churches should be taxed for telling their parish to be good citizens and vote. LOL.

He doesnt need to tell them to endorse candidates. Most already will because radical liberal candidates are not something most evangelicals want to vote for anyways...Because we do not COMPARTMENTALIZE and seperate our beliefs from our political views.

Capeche?

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 05:57 PM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
That's your opinion. Let them have theirs. I didn't vote, so I did what you said. But I'm glad the Liberals didnt four more years in the White House.

Bottom line. Trump did not ask pastors to endorse him or preach sermons that support candidates. I don't know about every church, but I've gone to church most of my life in several different states, and I've never heard a sermon or a pastor endorse a candidate. Trump is encouraging pastors to try to encourage their people to vote. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

You all are such a confused bunch just making stuff up. What Trump basically asked for was to try to get evangelicals who might not vote out to vote.

Do you think a church should lose tax exempt status for encouraging people to vote? With planned parenthood, a tax exempt organization, MAKING ADS to support candidates?

Where is the Law that says churches cannot encourage people to get out and vote?

Again, I have never been in a church where pastors give sermons on candidates. The kind of churches I go to strictly prohibit that. And Trump wasnt asking for that. He specifically said that they needed to get out to vote. Nothing about endorsing specific candidates. You guys made that up

I will not reply to any more posts till the holiday's over so have a nice weekend.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 05:54 PM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
what about them?

this is a thread about evangelicals and their cult like behavior with regards to trump.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
sacrificing values.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
what about them?

this is a thread about evangelicals and their cult like behavior with regards to trump.

And yet, you and others had no problem changing a thread topic of "Chicago's Children caught in the cross fire" into "cops are bad".

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
More like not sacrificing children on the altars of abortion.

not sacrificing the sanctity of life by voting for someone who supports the abominable practice of partial birth abortion.

and not sacrificing our commitment to the Bible that tells us that those in the womb are alive and even express emotions, ie John the Baptist jumped for joy in his mother's womb.

And not sacrificing servicemen to terrorists.

and not sacrificing national security in emails

and not sacrificing the First Ammendment and religious freedom.

So I can see why some Christians would vote for Trump, even though I didnt

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 06:05 PM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Good point Arch. Plus, I thought this was a thread about Trump asking evangelicals to go out to vote. I don't know where all the rest of these "paranoid rantings" that people are bringing up came from.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 09/01/18 06:08 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
oh, and the pedo's all up in down christianity. thats some real family values kinda stuff right there.

I found this rather interesting.

Wonder why you havent complained about it.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Pedophilia

No Craps Given
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
what about them?

And yet, you and others had no problem changing a thread topic of "Chicago's Children caught in the cross fire" into "cops are bad".

who turned it into cops are bad? and i responded to Devil, which is still dealing with the overall point of the thread.

that was a very sad attempt by you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i stayed laughing at your post, but this little sentence:

"and not sacrificing national security in emails"

has absolutely nothing to do with christianity. lol man this thread is great.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
oh, and the pedo's all up in down christianity. thats some real family values kinda stuff right there.

I found this rather interesting.

Wonder why you havent complained about it.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Pedophilia

how many different times do i have to state i hate all religions? i, as well as others, went to war against muslim extremist and asshats like pedo's. i've proven well beyond a shadow of a doubt i dont roll with islam.

newflash eve: this country is predominately christian. newsflash eve: as it relates to the thread, did trump have a meeting with muslims or did he with christian leadership?

*looks at article of the topic thread* yep, looks like he met with christian leadership.

lol plz Arch, Eve, and LA, keep posting. all 3 of yall are gonna get this work. too easy lol

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
No, but I remember you whining about travel bans from muslim countries, when all its doing is stopping a bunch of pedos from entering the country.

Why didnt you you care then?

No Craps Given
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
No, but I remember you whining about travel bans from muslim countries, when all its doing is stopping a bunch of pedos from entering the country.

Why didnt you you care then?

except it wasnt about pedo's coming. it was about terrorist coming, and also about the fact that the countries on the list didnt even have people coming from there and committing acts here.

you cant even get the topic straight. how pathetic. and great try at what about.

lol@ you making up crap. thats about all yall have at this point.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Arch, LA, where you guys at? im waiting.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump warns evangelicals of 'violence' if GOP loses in the midterms

Link Copied to Clipboard