#1498382 09/03/18 05:15 AM
K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
GAME 1. Bout Damn time. Here We Go!

Pittsburgh will most likely come out rusty as they did last year.

Why?

Roethlisburger has hardly played at all in preseason. That's just STUPID on so many levels.

Brown hasn't played either. STUPID AGAIN.

Bell hasn't even reported yet. And even if he does, we'll know he's not in football shape just as last year game 1. 10 carries, 32 yards. WEAK.

NO SHAZIER.

STILL a weak Secondary.

New OC. Terminology is different for sure.

Myles Garrett, Ward, Landry, Gordon, Taylor.

This is MY Prediction.

We're going to come out FAST. Up-Tempo. Roethlisburger be like "WTF Just Happened!!!"

Cleveland 31
Pittsburgh 17

1-0 Baby!!!!. Headed to New Orleans to catch the Saints looking toward Game 3 and a much anticipated Division Rival Atlanta.

I won't let the Cat out of the Bag yet!

Legend
Legend
- Looking at their play makers, it's tough to see our secondary cover everyone.
- They have a HOF QB who has more wins in our stadium since 99 than we do.
- I still don't trust our QB and OL play enough to think we can score with them.
- Until I see it happen against Pittsburgh, I can't pick us to beat them.

Pittsburgh 27
Cleveland 12

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Steelers 27
Browns 24

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think this could be a defensive battle.
but Pittsburgh has the.better qb and the better oline.
Steelers 17
Browns 16

T
Legend
Legend
T
Steelers 30

Browns 11.

Browns get a Td and 2pt conversion with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. So Browns.

Legend
Legend
reports are that Bell is not showing up for practice today ... he's got so much drama.

He'll report literally at the last minute

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
reports are that Bell is not showing up for practice today ... he's got so much drama.

He'll report literally at the last minute

Every practice he misses will mean LESS REPS ... good news ...

Lets hope the last second is right after the inactives come out for week 1 ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I am curious to see how the Steelers offense changes.

Do they keep the quick read/throw offense that Haley brought in, or do they go back to the deep passing game, with Roethlisberger holding the ball all week long, and getting hit a lot?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’ve heard there running a lot more no huddle ... Ben was bragging about it .. *L* ...

Other than that, I’m not sure how much the O has changed ... was it changed or just “tweeked” a little ...

That part is HUGE for how much PT Bell gets ... HUGE ...

He’s gonna report ... its just a matter of when .. and don’t UNDERESTIMATE his loss to the Stilers ... every less rep he takes is a plus for us ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Conner did look good in the preseason, though he's no Bell of course

D
Legend
Legend
D
Conner did look good in the preseason, though he's no Bell of course

I was wondering how long it would take Mr. Positive to show up ... *LOL* ...

MORE GOOD NEWS ... thumbsup

Le'Veon Bell - RB - Steelers

Le'Veon Bell (holdout) did not show up for Monday's practice.

There were rumors last week Bell would report on Labor Day, but it does not look like that is going to happen. It remains unlikely Bell will hold out into the regular season, which would mean giving up game checks, but his Week 1 role will be a major question if he is not back in the fold by Wednesday. Bell owners should have James Conner on speed-dial.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Legend
Legend
We played against Conner in high school and he's from about 10 miles from here ... really good guy and a good story.

Last year he was a little over weight and needed to adjust to the NFL. He looks quicker this year and by all accounts his teammates like him (they always have).

He's not as good out of the backfield but that's what he's worked on the most this offseason.

He's probably 70% of Bell IMO.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
24-17

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Legend
Legend
P
We are getting this one at home 28-21 ... GO BROWNS thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Browns come out throwing, get big chunks of yards against their secondary.

Our D makes an early statement to the entire National Football League.

Browns win 27-17.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I don't think that we win a shootout.

If we're going to win, it's going to have to be something like 17-13.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I also think that we will see Tyrod run more that he did in preseason. I don't think he'll run 20 times, but 5-8 times/game is likely, IMHO.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
24-12

brown and orange....

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Looking forward to getting this thing going. I do think the Browns will be a much better team this year. Should have had a few wins last year if it weren't for some horrible turn of events type moments late in games. The Steelers weakness on defense are the intermediate pass routes in the middle of the field so if I'm Cleveland I would try to hit on those early and often.

Pittsburgh is going to score points so the Browns need to stay aggressive on offense and keep the pressure on. Tyrod needs to use his legs to keep plays alive and give his guys time to exploit the new/young guys in Pittsburgh's secondary and causing them to cross themselves up in coverage.

I'm very biased but I see Pittsburgh winning in a pretty competitive game. Let's call it 28-21.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/03/18 04:18 PM.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Last year was the first time in a long time that I didn't rope myself into thinking we could win the opener.

I kinda feel like the mentality of the team is a lot better prepared than last year, when we literally crapped ourselves on the first drive (I won't remind you if you don't remember how it went)

I still think we are susceptible to having the same old story with this kind of game, but when I look at these rosters, the gap is closing.

We will pressure Ben, I'm pretty sure of that. I feel like it's one match up that we are capable of winning at.

I still question if anyone on this team can actually cover Antonio Brown, or if we're just going to let him beat us at the worst possible times.

I don't like to make predictions. The +5.5 the Browns are getting is typical of the situation. Last year we were a 10 point underdog in this game.

Seems to me from a betting perspective, they want you to take the Browns +5.5. With the Hard Knocks exposure, the upgrades the team has made, the L'Veon Bell situation, that it is a lot of points to a home dog in a divisional game, and it is. I think people who play within a system tend to favor the Browns in a game like this.

I think I agree too, although it almost feels like a sucker bet. It's a lot of points to a home dog. Last year's game was decided by 3 points.

Legend
Legend
I really don't think the score is important if we win, unless you're betting. Correct?

I'm not gonna say who will win because if I say the Steelers are, I don't feel good. If I say the Browns will win? Well, I already have a smile on my face.

Win or lose, I think this game is huge for us. A statement game.

No matter what, I think we'll get better as the season progresses. (Or at least I hope so.)

-GO BROWNS!

D
Legend
Legend
D
U really think we can’t score on them? ...

I know our O hasn’t proven diddly yet ... but dude .. there D is more like a SHOWER CURTAIN THEN the STEEL CURTAIN they used to be ... thumbsup

There D is BAD ... its not even average anymore ... if we don’t score in the mid 20’s i’m Gonna be SEVERLY BUMMED .... that may not be enough to win .. but if we can’t score on them even at this early stage ... WERE $CREWED and I’m NEVER gonna hear the end of it ... *LOL* ..

Them and the Rats are living on past reputations ...

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
I really don't think the score is important if we win, unless you're betting. Correct?

I'm not gonna say who will win because if I say the Steelers are, I don't feel good. If I say the Browns will win? Well, I already have a smile on my face.

Win or lose, I think this game is huge for us. A statement game.

No matter what, I think we'll get better as the season progresses. (Or at least I hope so.)

-GO BROWNS!

The total amount of points you score or the margin of victory is obviously never important as long as you win, but it would be nice to see this team pick apart pittsburgh's defense.

Totally agree that this game is paramount for the Browns and especially Hue Jackson.

He's literally 0-12 in division with the Browns. He needs this win maybe more than any other coach in the league needs theirs this weekend.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
U really think we can’t score on them? ...

I know our O hasn’t proven diddly yet ... but dude .. there D is more like a SHOWER CURTAIN THEN the STEEL CURTAIN they used to be ... thumbsup

There D is BAD ... its not even average anymore ... if we don’t score in the mid 20’s i’m Gonna be SEVERLY BUMMED .... that may not be enough to win .. but if we can’t score on them even at this early stage ... WERE $CREWED and I’m NEVER gonna hear the end of it ... *LOL* ..

Them and the Rats are living on past reputations ...

Whoa I wouldn't go that far lol. I think their Defense is still above average but are nowhere near dominating like they have been in the past. Teams can rack up yards on them but they still usually manage to hold scores down fairly low. Every once in awhile a team like Jax last year will put up a lot of points on them but it's pretty rare.

L
Legend
Legend
L
21-14 steelers

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling all the optimism recently is going to get washed away after Sunday.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Lets see how much losing Shazier affects U guys ..

It hasn’t been exactly hard to pass on u guys for the last 4 or 5 years ... i dont see that changing just quite yet ..

With that said .. ya ... I may have told a fish story by stating there bad ... *L* ...

We’ll know more in about 4 or 5 weeks ...

I don’t think the jags game was a fluke ... u guys somehow managed to make Blake Bortles look like Tom Brady ... its one thing when u allow Brady to look like Brady .. but when Bortles is playing like Brady ... YIKES!!!

Legend
Legend
I will say this: Todd haley should know how to attack their D

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I watched them play GB in the preseason, and the defense looks like it can be run on. I also think Ben is going to be hit a lot in this game.

I think we run the ball a lot and try to control TOP. If we are successful on the ground, we could win a close game. If we can't run, I see them dominating us.

Still, I don't know why, but my gut says we will beat them.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Lets see how much losing Shazier affects U guys ..

It hasn’t been exactly hard to pass on u guys for the last 4 or 5 years ... i dont see that changing just quite yet ..

With that said .. ya ... I may have told a fish story by stating there bad ... *L* ...

We’ll know more in about 4 or 5 weeks ...

I don’t think the jags game was a fluke ... u guys somehow managed to make Blake Bortles look like Tom Brady ... its one thing when u allow Brady to look like Brady .. but when Bortles is playing like Brady ... YIKES!!!

Oh the Steelers have a knack for making horrible QB's look amazing and shutting down good ones. It's uncanny the level they can do it. Do I even need to relive Tebow-gate for anyone here? The Steelers almost gave him an NFL career because of the playoff debacle.....then everyone remembered he stunk and only the Steelers could manage to make him look like Elway reborn for 60 minutes. Hell I think they are responsible for getting another team to trade for the Packers Brett Hundley because of the way he absolutely torched them last year. The more ineffective a QB looks before playing them, the more he's going to tear them apart. It's almost a guarantee at this point.

You have a point about Shazier. There's nobody currently in that LB core who can match his explosiveness and pass coverage abilities. Keep your eye on their main FA acquisition this year, Jon Bostic, the ILB from the Colts who they got to fill in for Shazier. He will be the starter there and while I think he'll be steady against the run and will rack up a lot of tackles, he won't be able to roam and cover like Shazier.

Truthfully I think they might be planning to use Terrell Edmunds their first round pick who is a safety, much like the Browns are thinking of using Jabrill Peppers, which is to play him close to the LOS and have him serve as almost another LB who will be able to cover. Will be interesting.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/03/18 05:49 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
With our D we should be in every game this year.

Low to no turnovers by our O is key.

Browns roll, 17-13 nanner

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C We had them last year both Games. 17-13 Browns

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Steelers 24
Browns 17

unfortunately

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend
I'm sitting here, looking at the world through Brown Colored Glasses.

Why, I don't really know. Other than pure desire to see us be a good team.

I think the Browns win. No idea about score

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
26-24 BROWNS

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
M
Legend
Legend
M
Steelers - 20
Browns - 16

Legend
Legend
take this for what you will:

I had a dream last night about the Browns/Steelers game (how sad is that haha).

- We were up 20-17 with under 3 minutes left.
- Pittsburgh has the ball near mid field.
- A long pass attempt is intercepted by us and returned all the way back to Pittsburgh's 15 yard line.
- We run two plays, get it under the 2 minute warning.
- Third down ... most likely setting up a field goal.
- We run it again ... and fumble. They recover.
- Steelers ball at their own 15 with 1:30 left and we are up 20-17
- Then I woke up ...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

- A long pass attempt is intercepted by us and returned all the way back to Pittsburgh's 15 yard line.
- Then I woke up ...

Please, go back to sleep.

Gotta at least know if we cover. rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
browns win 24-17
mylesgarrett gets a strip sack with 2 minutes left and we run the clock out

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

- Then I woke up ...

- The Stillers drive to mid field. With 2 seconds on the clock Ben heaves a deepball hailmary into the end zone.
-Ward gets called for a phantom pass interference. The Stillers are granted an untimed down from the one.
-Ben leans in on a sneak for the win.
-Because Browns.

23-20 Stupid Steelers.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 21 GAME Predictions. Score!

Link Copied to Clipboard