Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
j/c

pittsburgh rumors are that he's returning Saturday but won't play Sunday

Brown went on twitter last night backing Bell

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
The talking heads in Pittsburgh are losing their minds over bell.

I love it. They talk about how "evil greedy owners" are all the time, then once Bell sticks it to the team trying to get his, now hes the bad guy. lol

Bell is 100% in the wrong in this situation. Not only are fans fed up with him but some of his teammates are getting fed up as well. He went on record 2 years ago when he was about to hit free agency that he planned to sign a contract that would "revolutionize the market for Running Backs" in the future. His plan all along was to hold the team hostage with ridiculous over the moon demands. I knew then that he would be a giant pain in the butt. If I'm Pittsburgh there is no way in the world I give this guy a long term contract, regardless of his talent level. As I said before he's the guy who will set a record setting deal, play for one or two years under it and then hold out for more money again. Good luck to whoever ends up with him and his antics.
umm no he's not.

He has a value he thinks he is worth. You may disagree, the team may disagree, but that is the value he thinks and I bet het gets it.

he is not under contract, and does not have to sign the tag until week 10. so no, he is not wrong to do what he is legally allowed to do UNDER the COLLECTIVE BARGAINING agreement the STEELERS signed btw.

Legend
Legend
Now they're saying Vance Mcdonald is out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Doesn't matter. I've watched Steelers' backups beat the breaks off of us for years. We still need to take this game extremely seriously.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I doubt were looking past them dawg ... naughtydevil

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Doesn't matter. I've watched Steelers' backups beat the breaks off of us for years. We still need to take this game extremely seriously.

Yes, sad but true.

10 3rd stringers and Roethlisberger and the Browns would still be an under dog :-P

E
Legend
Legend
E

That was funny...although someday soon it will be a fact.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
J/c ...

No way he dont report today ... he ain’t passing up 850k a game .. not a shot in hell ...

He’s saving himself one game wear and tear ...

STRICTLY A BUSINEES MOVE ...

Legend
Legend
I wonder if he shows up, signs his contract, and then conveniently gripes about a hamstring tweak or headaches, etc

Legend
Legend
I have a feeling he shows up when he will accrue a year of service, and not a year before.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I have a feeling he shows up when he will accrue a year of service, and not a year before.
so you think right before week 10

Legend
Legend
Yep.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They start 5-5 there is going to be so much turmoil in Pitt.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG
They start 5-5 there is going to be so much turmoil in Pitt.
here's their schedule

at Cleveland
Kansas City
at Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Atlanta
at Cincinnati
BYE
Cleveland
at Baltimore
Carolina
at Jacksonville
at Denver
LA Chargers
at Oakland
New England
at New Orleans
Cincinnati

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Got us twice, two W's in there lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG
Got us twice, two W's in there lol
saywhat

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

He missed training camp, doesn't that count against an accrued year ?

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

I'm really not sure.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

I'm really not sure.
camp has no bearing on an accrued year. You have to play 5 or 6 games IIRC (just like Gordon did a few years ago)

D
Legend
Legend
D
Think he’s going to give up 8.5 million? ...

That’d be great for me fantasy wise .. in my big $ league I drafted Connor just in case .. there was nuttin but wing and prayers left so I hitched my wing and a prayer to Conner ...

I think he shows up today and this was just a sellfish ass move so he could save himself some wear and tear ...

I really hope your right Y-town ... i just don’t imagine how he could be that stoned .... *L*

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I think he shows up today and this was just a sellfish ass move so he could save himself some wear and tear ...

He didn't report. He's not going to report. He thinks that the money he's missing out on not reporting he'll make back with a long term contract. Basically, he might miss ten game checks, but if he gets $40 guaranteed it won't matter (whether or not he gets that money is a different question).

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
The 4 p.m. deadline today will come and go without Steelers' RB Le'Veon Bell reporting, per sources. Steelers are on their way to Cleveland and Bell is not with them. He will miss Sunday's game against Cleveland, along with the opportunity to earn $853,000. James Conner time.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1038508119477964802

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
As a fan of negotiating in general, the NFL, and the Browns, this situation fascinates me. The Steelers played this right by tagging him in my opinion - until that plan backfired. I think it was a smart move by Bell to turn the Steeler's strategy against them and force the issue a bit more.

If you're the Steelers, and your window is seemingly closing (Big Ben and to a lesser degree AB aren't getting any younger) - what do you do? I am sure people will disagree with me, but I feel that the Steelers without Le'Veon are not SB caliber. Still good, but not good enough.

Knowing how the Steelers operate, I am guessing they will be signing another RB or trading for one soon.

Either way, fascinating story that continues to develop. Icing on the cake that it happened to the Steelers smile Watching their fans implode on social media, let alone the players, has been unbelievably satisfying.

We really. really need to win so we can continue this narrative for the media.

Legend
Legend
so, James Conner and the OL will be motivated tomorrow IMO .. the weather may be an issue though

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Because I am a petty man, I’d love to see him report just before the complete year deadline, and Pittsburgh suspend him a game for something utterly douche-y like the team rule against having ugly shoes. Just to put the bone to him and not let him collect the year.

Because, $14 million dollars and 27 years old. Cry me a river.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
so, James Conner and the OL will be motivated tomorrow IMO .. the weather may be an issue though

I keep seeing people suggest that the Steelers will be "motivated" by Bell not showing, insinuating that somehow they will be extra hard to stop.

Connor has been playing with them all preseason, going into this game is going to be no different. I'm sure they want to somehow show Bell that him being gone is not going to effect them, but Connor is not the player Bell is. Try as they want, Bell is a superior player. Thinking that somehow they are going to make Connor look as good as Bell by being motivated is hogwash.

Fans are acting as if because they want to prove a point to Bell that it will be detrimental to the Browns. I find this whole notion laughable.

Skillset is skillset, motivation is not going to improve any players skillset. They want to win because they want to win. They want to dominate because that is their job. Being pissed at Bell is not going to make them better than they already are.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
I don't think this will motivate them. It's obvious his teammates were angry, but in my opinion this isn't the type of anger you can sustain and transfer to motivation on the field.

We'll find out tomorrow of course. And we'll see if Conner is as good as his teammates are hyping him up to be. If he was, Le'Veon probably wouldn't have been tagged (or the tag would have been rescinded).

P
Rookie
Rookie
P

I love it. They talk about how "evil greedy owners" are all the time, then once Bell sticks it to the team trying to get his, now hes the bad guy. lol

Bell is 100% in the wrong in this situation. Not only are fans fed up with him but some of his teammates are getting fed up as well. He went on record 2 years ago when he was about to hit free agency that he planned to sign a contract that would "revolutionize the market for Running Backs" in the future. His plan all along was to hold the team hostage with ridiculous over the moon demands. I knew then that he would be a giant pain in the butt. If I'm Pittsburgh there is no way in the world I give this guy a long term contract, regardless of his talent level. As I said before he's the guy who will set a record setting deal, play for one or two years under it and then hold out for more money again. Good luck to whoever ends up with him and his antics.
umm no he's not.

He has a value he thinks he is worth. You may disagree, the team may disagree, but that is the value he thinks and I bet het gets it.

he is not under contract, and does not have to sign the tag until week 10. so no, he is not wrong to do what he is legally allowed to do UNDER the COLLECTIVE BARGAINING agreement the STEELERS signed btw.

All I know is this. If the Steelers buckle to this guy's ridiculous demands and give him what he wants I will be irate as a fan. Part of their downfall the past couple years has been locker room dissent and drama. And this guy is right at the heart of it.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/08/18 07:05 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

He didn't report. He's not going to report. He thinks that the money he's missing out on not reporting he'll make back with a long term contract. Basically, he might miss ten game checks, but if he gets $40 guaranteed it won't matter (whether or not he gets that money is a different question).

Once again i’m Dead nuts ....... WRONG ... appearantly Bell is that stoned ... *L* ...

Lets see how dumb this dude is ... he has to report by game 10 ... so he’ll miss ... actually is that week 10 or game 10 .. i’ll Do the math based on 10 games not ten weeks ...

9 x 850k = 7.65 million ...

He’s given up 150k ... that leaves 6.8 million on the table ...

#PuffPuffPass ...

Legend
Legend
We are accepting applications for new fans on our CrossOver Tour. Save you a seat? I think Bell gets whatever Bell wants. Eventually. Tomorrow should sting a little. That would equal about one-third of my career just on Sunday.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Not planning for the future because of a short term "great deal" is the downfall to most things everywhere.

D
Legend
Legend
D
By eventually u mean from another team ... the Stilers don’t lay this crap .. they have GREAT OWNERSHIP .. not the crap our last two have been ... thumbsdown

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Every year, Brown's fans talk about how the Steelers have hit the wall and how the Browns will beat them.

While Bell is an elite back, think about the year Bell got hurt in game 6. Yep, game six.

D'Angelo Williams came in [after being let go by Carolina in the off season] and rushed for over 900 yards, scored 11 TDs, and caught 40 passes.

That isn't as good as Bell, but they were still very good. The Steeler O is loaded.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
We are accepting applications for new fans on our CrossOver Tour. Save you a seat? I think Bell gets whatever Bell wants. Eventually. Tomorrow should sting a little. That would equal about one-third of my career just on Sunday.

Honestly, I'm just hoping this bad blood continues with Juju and AB. It's bad enough that Steelers get good and elite players. What makes the matter worse is when those players seem like nice guys and are people you want to root for.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not planning for the future because of a short term "great deal" is the downfall to most things everywhere.

Agree 100% ...

Each situation is different ...

Bell has a 3 - 5 year future before hes put out to pasture ...

PS. Dudes makes over 17 mill since he came into the league ... he would have made about 14.5 I believe this year ... that puts him over 31 million over the last 5 or 6 years ... and the 14.5 this year is GAURANTEED THE DAY HE SIGNS ... well was ...

U can do SHORT/MEDIUM/LONG term planning for u and your kids and your grandkids with that kind of cash ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Watching their fans implode on social media, let alone the players, has been unbelievably satisfying

I understand, mike.

After a 1-31 campaign and only the second 0-16 season in league history, I'll take schadenfreude for the time being... as long as it's follwed up with wins. Preferably lots of them. Starting with Sunday, 9/9.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
L
Legend
Legend
L

umm no he's not.

All I know is this. If the Steelers buckle to this guy's ridiculous demands and give him what he wants I will be irate as a fan. Part of their downfall the past couple years has been locker room dissent and drama. And this guy is right at the heart of it.

Downfall the last couple years? Lol, 13-3 last year isn't a downfall.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

umm no he's not.

Downfall the last couple years? Lol, 13-3 last year isn't a downfall.

No I understand that. I was referring to why they didn't advance much in the post season. There were about 10 locker room distractions going on at the same time. Especially late in the season, they all started cropping up at crunch time. Bell was a major source of them.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/08/18 09:25 PM.
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
I knew what was in store for us the past two years so I mentally distanced myself a bit. I watched the Browns with no expectations and no emotional involvement.

For the first time in two years I can honestly say I expect them to win tomorrow. I'll be disappointed should they not.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 21 Le'Veon Bell Not With Steelers

Link Copied to Clipboard