Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1506080 09/13/18 04:46 AM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I am in an 8 team league and I have no idea who to start at the flex this week.

Starters
RB Christain McCaffrey
RB Dalvin Cook
WR Antonio Brown
WR Mike Evans
W/R- ???

Bench
RB-Peyton Barber
RB-Carlos Hyde
RB-Sony Michel
RB-Royce Freeman
WR-Emmanuel Sanders
WR-Josh Gordon
WR-Allen Robinson

What do you all think?

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sanders in a landslide ... rumor was during camp him and Keenum had quite a connection going ... it showed last week as Sanders had double digit targets i believe ...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I think you are going to see Gordon targeted, because they have been getting beat up for not doing so.

And against the Saints D - well, he just might go off.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Sanders is the safer bet, IMO. However, I expect Cleveland to be behind and Gordon on turf with Cleveland having to play catch up might have some serious upside.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree with U and Memp ...

Gordon has huge upside where as Sander’s is safer ...

DiamDawg #1506119 09/13/18 08:27 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Which is safer?

E. Sanders or J. Landry in PPR?

That's what I'm struggling with again this week. And in DFS, they're separated by only $100 on DK. flamingmad

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
This week ... Landry IMO ..

Oakland stinks IMO and there gonna get blown out ....

NO’s is gonna put up some points ... were gonna have to score ...

I love Vice Grips this week ...

U using him in any of your DFS teams?

DiamDawg #1506157 09/13/18 09:11 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
This week ... Landry IMO ..

Oakland stinks IMO and there gonna get blown out ....

NO’s is gonna put up some points ... were gonna have to score ...

I love Vice Grips this week ...

U using him in any of your DFS teams?

I'll probably use both. But for my cash lineup (I only make one each week), as it's currently constructed, I have to choose between the two. In GPPs, ownership % is higher for Sanders than Taylor, but that can change.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Who do u thinks the better play between the two and why?

DiamDawg #1506174 09/13/18 09:42 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Who do u thinks the better play between the two and why?

I don't know....it's tough. I tend to lean in your direction about Landry because of potential game flow and the Browns will have to pass a ton to keep up. Yet, I like Keenum as a better QB option to Tyrod Taylor and trust him more to make the completions and just throw better. But both QBs passed 40 times last week, I believe. Vegas has the DEN- OAK game relatively close, so I'm not sure DEN will be closing down the pass game in the second half or anything. Sanders was targeted 11 times; Landry 15. Not sure if 15 is sustainable this week.

There are tons of factors to consider. Probably they'll end up in the same point range when it is all said and done, but maybe Sanders has more touchdown upside to go along with his targets? Landry not so much but will get tons of catches?

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I don’t think Vegas knows just how bad Oakland is yet .. and Chuckie called Carr out this week ... not sure thats the right way to get Carr to play better ... i don’t know what motivates the man but he seems to be the type that takes to pats on the back better than criticism ...

I’m a match ups guy ... i like Vice Grips better this week but not by much ... I LOVE Sanders for the year ... then again I love Vice Grips for the year also ... i think him and TT created a bond when Josh was MIA ...

I agree 15 isn’t sustainable for Vice Grips but i do think both he and Sanders will be TARGET MONSTERS this year ...

I also agree that Sanders has the better shot at getting in the end zone ... although i don’t think we should base how many TD’s Vice Grips will score this year based off his time as a fish ... were gonna use him WAY DIFFERENTLY ... he’ll still do plenty of underneath stuff .. but were gonna see him running intermediate and deep routs a lot more also ..

DiamDawg #1506185 09/13/18 09:59 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I don’t think Vegas knows just how bad Oakland is yet

I think you might be right here.

Also, I'm considering Tyrod for my cash game linuep because he can make plays with his legs and that could be a "+" inside the five yard line as well as simply raw points scored. I've considered Taylor as my QB and Sanders as the WR. That way, I indirectly get some of the Landry usage, not 100%, primariy the reception points he'd get. Currently, Matt Ryan is my cash game QB and he is projected to have roughly the same amount of points as Taylor.

Tackles are tackles.
DiamDawg #1506959 09/14/18 07:11 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Potential WR injuries (and the subsequent usage for others) might have me off both Sanders and Landry in cash games now because I want to play three highly priced RBs.

BTW, what site are you playing on or planning on doing so? That's kinda important as it pertains to my opinion, or anyone's opinion, on players.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Potential WR injuries (and the subsequent usage for others) might have me off both Sanders and Landry in cash games now because I want to play three highly priced RBs.

BTW, what site are you playing on or planning on doing so? That's kinda important as it pertains to my opinion, or anyone's opinion, on players.

Scratch the above. I just saw Freeman is out. That might change everything.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Playing on fan duel ....

I’ll let u know how many line ups i submitted and my logic behind my plays ... pleasse let me know what u think and what u may do different and why ...

Also if u would share how many line ups u usually play and who u played and why that would be great ... if not, i understand and be appreciative of what ever your willing to share ...

Ty sir ...

I’m ASSuming with freeman being out changing everything your planning on playing Coleman now or it gave Julio, Sanu or Hooper a big bump in your eyes? ...

Just curious as to how that changed things and why ...

Legend
Legend
j/c

I don't think you should play Josh Gordon now.

If it were me, I'd go with Sanders, then Barber, then Hyde

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I don't think you should play Josh Gordon now.

Prudent counsel.

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Pick up Dante Pettis this morning and love yourself.

Legend
Legend
With some teams (Denver, NE, CLE, etc) it's so hard to trust which RB to play each week. Total guessing game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
John Lynch has said that the 49ers have already called about Josh Gordon. So if you have him in a league, don't drop him just yet.

Legend
Legend
which team wins this trade:

TEAM A GETS

Jared Goff
Jordan Howard
Chris Hogan

TEAM B GETS

Davante Adams
Chris Thompson

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
which team wins this trade:

TEAM A GETS

Jared Goff
Jordan Howard
Chris Hogan

TEAM B GETS

Davante Adams
Chris Thompson

IMO, it depends on whether Team A needs a starting QB. If so, its a win for Team A. If Goff is going to be their QB2, then I think its pretty much a push.
Howard > Thompson
Adams > Hogan

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm in a 12-team PPR league. My RB1 is Kareem Hunt. At RB2, I have to choose from Rex Burkhead (vs Detroit), Javorius Allen (vs Denver), or Derrick Henry (vs Jax). Normally, I would go with Burkhead because of the matchup, but Belichick is so unpredictable with his usage of RBs that I'm thinking of going with Allen. What do you guys think?

I also have Cam Newton (vs Cinci) at QB, but I picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick as a FA this week. Fitz is facing the 31st ranked Defense at home (Pitts), but I'm having a hard time believing the Steelers D is really that bad. Are they, and should I consider starting him over Newton?

Thanks in advance.

Dave #1515250 09/23/18 06:24 AM
Legend
Legend
If it were me ... I'd go with Burkhead (Henry against JAX is a nightmare ... and Denver's defense is stout) and Fitzpatrick (Carolina's right side OL is a sieve now and I think MNF will be a shootout)

How about for me .. Pick 2:

Chris Hogan vs Detroit
Cooper Kupp vs LA Chargers
Emmanuel Sanders vs Baltimore

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks for the reply. In your case, I think Sanders is a no-brainer. You could flip a coin on Kupp and Hogan, but I think I'd go with Hogan because I'm biased towards Brady and because Detroit pretty much blows.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Game time decisions are the worst.

I'd like to be able to play Goodwin vs. KC, but he's questionable with a quad.

I'll probably have to decide between a bunch of rookies for my 2nd WR spot (16 team PPR):

A. Miller vs. ARI
C. Sutton vs. BAL
D. Moore vs. CIN

Miller hasn't gotten many targets and Chicago will probably not need a ton of points against the Cardinals with Fitzgerald banged up.

Sutton is getting more reps, but hasn't had much production. I'm not sure what to make of the Ravens' offense yet this season, and think they could have trouble this week. Looks like this one could be a defensive slugfest to me.

Moore also hasn't seen a lot of reps yet and as someone else mentioned, the Panther OL is a mess. He has had some flash plays, though, and the Bengals offense has been rolling pretty well, but Carolina's D is legit. Not sure how this game will play out. Think this is the only home game of the 3.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dave #1515385 09/23/18 12:34 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Thanks for the reply. In your case, I think Sanders is a no-brainer. You could flip a coin on Kupp and Hogan, but I think I'd go with Hogan because I'm biased towards Brady and because Detroit pretty much blows.
thanks Dave

Legend
Legend
Id go with Sutton ... but that's a long shot. Baltimore's secondary will probably focus on Sanders/Thomas

Legend
Legend
how about this week:

Pick 2 QBs:

Rivers vs San Francisco
Wentz vs Tennesee
Goff vs Minnesota

Pick 2 RBs:

Jordan Howard vs Tampa Bay
James Conner vs Baltimore
Chris Carson vs Arizona

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
how about this week:

Pick 2 QBs:

Rivers vs San Francisco
Wentz vs Tennesee
Goff vs Minnesota

Pick 2 RBs:

Jordan Howard vs Tampa Bay
James Conner vs Baltimore
Chris Carson vs Arizona

I'd probably sit Wentz and Carson. Both on the road and against teams with pretty good Defenses and underwhelming offenses. The Seahawks seem like a different team outside of Seattle.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Rivers would be my choice at QB. That RB spot seems a little tight. You know Pittsburgh is going to use Conner a ton, so he'll have many opportunities to rank up points.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Marquise Goodwin @ LAC or Higgins @ OAK?

Yes, my receivers are pretty bad.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Marquise Goodwin @ LAC or Higgins @ OAK?

Yes, my receivers are pretty bad.
can't believe i'm saying this, but I wouldn't trust anyone on SF until I see Beathard play

M
Legend
Legend
M
Higgins. I have no confidence in CJ Beathard.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Which WR?

Mike Williams vs SF

Or

Calvin Ridley vs Cin?

Legend
Legend
I'd go Williams to be honest, even after Ridley's big day

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He’s who I picked too.

Was interested in other opinions, thanks

D
Legend
Legend
D
I’d of played Ridley ....

I love Williams just not this week .... he’s a beast ... i see them getting up big and running the ball .... Lynn is old school .... he’s not pass happy like the other OC’s/HC’s Rivers has played for ....

Atlanta/Cinci should be competitive and high scoring ....

Good Luck ... hope it works out for u ... thumbsup

DiamDawg #1518508 09/30/18 01:01 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I’d of played Ridley ....

I love Williams just not this week .... he’s a beast ... i see them getting up big and running the ball .... Lynn is old school .... he’s not pass happy like the other OC’s/HC’s Rivers has played for ....

Atlanta/Cinci should be competitive and high scoring ....

Good Luck ... hope it works out for u ... thumbsup

Thanks Diam, hope you’ve been well.

That’s exactly the argument that is going on in my head, lol.

Keenan Allen is questionable, Williams might get all his points in the first half for exactly what u said about getting up big.

ATL/Cincy should be competitive.

I’m already behind this week, because im freaking playing against Goff.

Thankfully I have a solid group of Mahomes, Kamara, Elliott and J. Conner.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh gosh ... thats a good team ... wish mine was that good ... *L* ...

Things are good ... thanks for asking ... hope all is well with u ... thumbsup

Allen’s gonna play ...

Tough call ... only thing ere sure of is no matter what way we go its usually the wrong way ... at least for me it’s been as of last .... *L* ....

Good luck dawg ... let us know how u make out ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Who To Start?

Link Copied to Clipboard