Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1510911 09/18/18 08:32 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Like it or not, this is a must win game for Hue.Fans are not going to settle for anything less and losing to a rookie QB that we could have drafted will send people over the edge.

Thursday games are usually lower scoring games with limited game plans. Teams that run well and play good defense usually win. That could be us or that could be NYJ. If it's NYJ expect the chants to start Baker and to fire Hue.

Doing either would be a step back this early in the season, but the pressure is going to be hot and heavy from Haslam on down if we lose this week.

Last edited by DeputyDawg; 09/18/18 08:33 PM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't think the outcome either way will make or break Hue.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I don't think the outcome either way will make or break Hue.

A win might not, but a loss dooms the guy

Hue has to start winning games.

You do realize tat Hue's record isn't good. No?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah.

I've noticed the record, and I still don't think a loss against the Jets gets him fired. Three or four more after that will, but a Thursday loss won't.

gmstrong

-----------------

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

You do realize tat Hue's record isn't good. No?

How can we not know the record when you and the other Sashi lovers post the record several times a day?

And one more time. That record is far more on Sashi than Hue. Yet you used to cuss out Mac for daring to question Sashi. Freaking hypocrite.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yeah.

I've noticed the record, and I still don't think a loss against the Jets gets him fired. Three or four more after that will, but a Thursday loss won't.

I don't think he gets fired if he loses this week, but I do think that the chants will start.

Same with the start Baker chants.

A win this week will hold off the fans for a bit, but a loss is going to bring out their venom full force.

For the record, I think firing Hue or starting Baker are both bad ideas this early in the season, but that is what the fans will be calling for.

V
Legend
Legend
V
A serious question. Are you denying that the calls to fire Hue haven't already began? Hell, I thought they started last year.

And another question..............don't you think that there have already been calls for Baker to start?

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/18/18 09:00 PM. Reason: Added a 2nd question
Legend
Legend
We are 2-0 with a kicker who can make kicks.

I din't see it as "make or break" for the coach under those circumstances, especially when the owner called for him to stay this past off-season.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Personally, I'm okay with giving Hue the year to prove himself with some real talent and an experienced QB.

But, I'd also agree with the reality: things might get ugly if we lose this week to Darnold and the Jets.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I agree with both points. Ideally we string some wins together to put this stuff to rest.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes, that would be best.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I agree with both points. Ideally we string some wins together to put this stuff to rest.

We are going to string three in a row together starting Thursday.

gmstrong

-----------------

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hush your mouth. You are giving the dark side ammunition.

Legend
Legend
Fans?

From what I understand the owner makes the decision.

Or maybe the GM with the blessing of the owner.

We are two games into this season.

Just my opinion but I don't believe that Haslam at this point has any intention of firing Hue.

After eight games let's see where we are.

Legend
Legend
the only way this is make or break for hue is if we get blown out.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
the only way this is make or break for hue is if we get blown out.

My thoughts exactly. If we lose by 30 there is about a 20% chance Hue gets fired.

Don't know what you guys are smoking.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
A serious question. Are you denying that the calls to fire Hue haven't already began? Hell, I thought they started last year.

And another question..............don't you think that there have already been calls for Baker to start?

Not like they'll be if we lose this week. The stadium will be out of control after that.

This last game and our kicker has put everyone on the edge.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I understand that you want Hue fired, but I do not.

I am tired of starting over.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I'm not sure it's Hues make or break week...But it is our teams week to show we aren't a doormat anymore...We need to win the next games against winnable teams (Jets and Raiders are'nt very good) If we loose both of them...I will tell you, it will be looking like doom in a hurry.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't think it's make or break. I don't think it's really different from most other games except that it's on national T.V. apparently.

It's been 1 day since the Browns have cut a veteran.

Legend
Legend
I wouldn't say this is a make or break game.

If Haslam and/or Dorsey are evaluating Hues job on a week to week basis, then they might as well just fire him now. I highly doubt they are doing that though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I have been hard on Hue. Very hard.

I think last week was his best game as the Browns HC, and I think a lot people even those that dislike him will agree with that.

I do believe the Haslams and Dorsey have given him slack because of the roster the last 2 years.

I do believe that if we lose this game at HOME to the Jets, that the slack will be tightened. IDK if he gets the can, but the option will absolutely open up and be talked about IMO.

If we lose, he is officially on the hot seat (I think he already is, but some can make the case he is not).

I don't think he gets fired just yet if we lose, but I think this game absolutely sets the tone of the fan base going forward. I don't see the fanbase giving him a pass or making anymore excuses if we lose this game.

Even his ARDANT supporters will have to admit, he has the talent, he has the home field, he has the superior coaching staff around him, he has the VET Qb against the ROOK Qb, he has superior running backs and a vastly superior defense. If he loses this game, there is no argument that can be made he should not be held accountable.

I truly expect a win here, and a win next week against Oak. Win these two games, Hue will be back in my good graces. Lose either, and I am back to calling for his head.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I actually expect us too. There is no reason we should not. And actually, I love where we play Tampa Bay right now in our schedule. In 4 weeks they should have a QB controversy going as Fitz is going to come back down to earth here in the next game or two. I think they start playing like who they are by then. We very well could win 4.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I hope so. It's been a long time we have won 3 in a row.

OK...a loss may not break Hue, but it sure isn't going to help the cause. We need to get the snowball rolling down a different hill. We have been on the current hill long enough. Maybe the tie and tough loss was us pushing it up another hill.

I anticipate nice weather at the game and to be cheering hard as we finally win one. It's going to be fun. I am staying downtown tomorrow night, so I can even stop in some of the bars and partake in some of the post game festivities!

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The front office trotted out Cody Kesseler and Deshone Kizer and expected him to win. At one point Terelle Pryor was our best weapon on offense…….I think that stands on its head. While Hue has been here the FO passed on Desuan Watson (who Hue called and told him to expect to be taken), Patrick Mahommes and Carson Wentz.

There is reason he wasn’t fired and it wasn’t because they just like him. Look at this garbage they gave him.

In the end, the Browns' Wentz trade finally finalized during the 2018 NFL Draft and the team had selected these 11 players with the picks involved:

Corey Coleman
Shon Coleman
Cody Kessler (Since traded for a late round pick)
Derrick Kindred
Spencer Drango
Ricardo Louis
Jordan Payton (Since released)
Jabrill Peppers
Deshone Kizer (Since traded, along with picks, for Damarious Randall and picks)
Denzel Ward
Chad Thomas

Pathetic!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I find it funny when fans say "look what we got instead of..."

1. Carsen Wentz would not have been Carsen Wentz if he was playing here last year. There is nothing to say that he would have succeeded here like he has in Philly, and if I am going to play that game, I could just as easily say that he would have gotten hurt faster and longer. Circumstances, surrounding cast, locker room, and the overall organization play a significant role into the development of a player. Nothing this team had then would have lead me to believe Wentz would have been successful if we drafted him, or Deshaun.

2. I like Ward, and peppers is coming around. If baker turns into the guy we think, then that trade was actually golden - we got our guy, a shutdown corner who can be top in the league, a pair of decent safeties. Chad Thomas the book is still out, PLUS our QB. Sounds like a win to me.

3. You can hate those picks as much as you want, but Coleman was projected a 1st round pick, Jabrill was being talked about in the top 10, Deshone was talked about as a 1st round pick etc. You act like these guys didn't have talent coming out of college, THEY DID. They either never developed or have been slow to develop, part of that is on Hue.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Without a doubt Hue has to be feeling the pressure that is for sure. We have played well enough to be 2-0 at this point and the end result is reflective on the HC that is for sure.

This is a Make or Break Week for our Browns. Who the ?? cares about Hue for me its the Browns. This is a big time win/loss.

Win we are 1-1-1 and right in this thing ready to grow and take control of this season.

Loss we are closer to having the LOSING stigma in the back of the mind of all Browns. If we lose the only saving grace would be the Ace in the Hole. Start playing Mayfield. The kid has the Dynamic of getting all to play with Confidence and he can show the team how to win. I would prefer the win and get his era to start at a more controlled and planned situation rather than be forced into it out of Desperation. But I have faith in Mayfield. He can turn this team around.

No, And, Ifs or Butts about it!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG
The front office trotted out Cody Kesseler and Deshone Kizer and expected him to win. At one point Terelle Pryor was our best weapon on offense…….I think that stands on its head. While Hue has been here the FO passed on Desuan Watson (who Hue called and told him to expect to be taken), Patrick Mahommes and Carson Wentz.

There is reason he wasn’t fired and it wasn’t because they just like him. Look at this garbage they gave him.

In the end, the Browns' Wentz trade finally finalized during the 2018 NFL Draft and the team had selected these 11 players with the picks involved:

Corey Coleman
Shon Coleman
Cody Kessler (Since traded for a late round pick)
Derrick Kindred
Spencer Drango
Ricardo Louis
Jordan Payton (Since released)
Jabrill Peppers
Deshone Kizer (Since traded, along with picks, for Damarious Randall and picks)
Denzel Ward
Chad Thomas

Pathetic!

I actually feel better about the trade now, than I did before reading that. I thought we wound up with nothing at all.

So, in short, we have Kindred, Peppers, Randall, Ward, and Thomas. At least we have talent out of the trade. We also added Baker at #1 overall. If a couple of these guys reach Pro Bowl level, and Baker becomes what we all hope he will, then it will be ok.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
This is a Make or Break Week for our Browns. Who the ?? cares about Hue

That is the best point on the entire thread. The important thing is a win would be great for the team and a loss would really hurt.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

That is the best point on the entire thread. The important thing is a win would be great for the team and a loss would really hurt.

I was about to make a similar comment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

And its not even close ...

If we lose ... my only company on the isle may be U, Pit and tabber ... *L* ..

Legend
Legend
j/c

i know what each one of our bad trades have been on paper ... but there's no chance Julio Jones turns into Julio Jones, or Carson Wentz is as successful, etc ... THey could have easily come here and sucked too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c

i know what each one of our bad trades have been on paper ... but there's no chance Julio Jones turns into Julio Jones, or Carson Wentz is as successful, etc ... THey could have easily come here and sucked too

I simply do not agree, this is the beaten down approach to drafting. I get what you are saying but passing on HOFers because well they wouldn't be that here is years of being downtrodden typed on.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
What happens with Hue should and will happen after this season.

But this is a make or break game for this team. They must win games like this one.

you had a good run Hank.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
What happens with Hue should and will happen after this season.

But this is a make or break game for this team. They must win games like this one.

Yeah, what he said. If they can't win games like this, then if you actually had some real optism, watch it vanish with this loss.

They have to win this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Anything about Hue aside, I think this weeks game will set the tone for the rest of the season. If we win, we can look forward to a good season. If we lose, well we can count on losing a lot.

The team should be given credit for the last two weeks against good teams. This week the game is against a team that is more or less on the same level as ours. This is the first 'all things being equal' test of the team's ability to close.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/19/18 12:14 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Another foolish, waste of space, rehashed nonsense on a message board.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Another foolish, waste of space, rehashed nonsense on a message board.

I want to win and if its with Hue great, BUT, that 1-32-1 record keeps getting brighter with every loss!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, changing the HC during the regular season will help that. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry Pit, it can't hurt we have the players now something needs to change if the losses continue ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Jets 17 Hue's make or break week.

Link Copied to Clipboard