Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Ogunjobi
Ward looks every bit the part.
Landry
Higgins... I am happy that a former draft choice is now a NFL player. Good for him.
Hyde
Calloway

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Garrett (of course).

L
Legend
Legend
L
Hyde made some good runs in 2nd half.
Larry is an armload, our front is intimidating.

Joe with a big pick.

Our ST caused us problems. Chubb needs to block with heart, that blocked punt was gruesome, the new kicker made everything but it was nerve-wracking lol.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Ogunjobi
Ward looks every bit the part.
Landry
Higgins... I am happy that a former draft choice is now a NFL player. Good for him.
Hyde
Calloway

Honorable mentions:

Showbert
Avery
Bitonio,
Duke
Chris Smith
Collins

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Big Larry is a force. Ward is definitely worth his draft status. The other guy that nobody mentions is Mitchell, he is a really good corner.

You could see Landry's frustration in the first half, then Baker comes in and it turned to enthusiasm.

The Oline was taking a beating from the fans, but I think they now see that with a decisive QB, they look way better.

Hyde had a good night, but IMO, it was Baker's tendency to push the ball downfield that started to open up the running lanes. That said, he ran hard all night.

People who bash Dorsey should look at what he did for this team. How many of those draft picks made an impact tonight?

I thought Avery had a good night too.

Team effort.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Off-topic, but when Crowell got his second td, pretended to wipe his ass with the football then threw it into the stands, I immediately regretted defending him after that Instagram pick from a couple years ago.

He's a punk.

Classless, I hope he enjoyed the flight home.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Off-topic, but when Crowell got his second td, pretended to wipe his ass with the football then threw it into the stands, I immediately regretted defending him after that Instagram pick from a couple years ago.

He's a punk.

That was a low class move. We all supported him. #truecolors

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
whats crazy is that if baker started the game, Calloway would've had over 100 yards receiving....in the 1st half.

Landry has another good game. thats 2 games already with over 100 yards receiving.

Hyde had himself a day with close to 100 yards and 2 TD's

Higgins made solid catches.

O line gets 2nd half credit for keeping baker clean the entire time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Quote:
O line gets 2nd half credit for keeping baker clean the entire time.

I think it was Baker's quick release that made them appear better.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Legend
Legend
D
That catch by Landry was AWESOME ... not sure we’ve ever had a reciever that could make that play ..... i was SO EXCITED ... we neeed someone to make plays ... and he was just one of them ...

I been up since 5 this morning and had a 13.5 hour drive ... i wanna stay up and watch the reply on nfl network ... hope its on soon .... *L* ...

What a catch ...

Legend
Legend
Ogunjobi really played well
Callaway had an impact
So did Peppers and Ward
Hyde as well

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
oh, and I'll give the new kicker props for making his kicks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In my 50 years as a Browns fan, I have only purchased 1 jersey, #95 Garrett.

I'm ordering a new one, #65 Ogunjobi! (Danny who?)

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sucks Bitonio's run got called back! I about lost it rooting for that run, lmao.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
I agree with every name you guys said, the whole team played well in the second half. But I'll add one more unsung 'hero'. Britton Colquitt. I know he had one blocked that lead to a Jets TD, but he had a few that were inside the 20 and 10 yard line. A good punter can really help you win the field position game, and he was really good tonight.

But still tonight belonged to Baker. Not only does he have great skill, but the energy he brought in was amazing.

Legend
Legend
That event IS his highlight reel. Answers how low can he go? and does so well.

Considering what he gave us, I guess it is back at him. karma rocks!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Other than the obvious players on the Browns that shined, after the game, one of the first people to go to Baker and told him something longer than congratulations was, Josh McCown. I don't know what he was telling him but you could tell is was positive. That man is a class act.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Other than the obvious players on the Browns that shined, after the game, one of the first people to go to Baker and told him something longer than congratulations was, Josh McCown. I don't know what he was telling him but you could tell is was positive. That man is a class act.
i don't think one person in the entire NFL could say anything negative about McCown. I saw that too

O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't forget Greg Joseph! He kicked good for his first start.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Legend
Legend
D

I think he was telling him to work on Dorsey to trade for him ... he’d rather work with him than Sam ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I think he was telling him to work on Dorsey to trade for him ... he’d rather work with him than Sam ... thumbsup

I'd rather have McCown than Taylor as a backup/mentor to Mayfield.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

He's a punk.

Well, Crowell is a low class person. Remember that photo of slitting a cop's throat? Dude is a thug.

Glass half full--- he did produce here as an UDFA.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Larry is super dangerous as a 3 technique tackle. I love how he penetrates the middle.

Higgans recovering that Duke fumble late there was, IMO, the best play of the game. We can and have easily thrown games away, that was a moment we could have easily done it again... but didn't. HUGE PLAY.

Ward was fantastic. That strip sack play also was a biggie.

Hyde ran hard all game. I feel like we should've gave it to him at the beginning of teh game instead of calling those dumb plays.

Money Mitch is also a great corner. That game sealing INT was something special to see.

Landry was making insane catches and etc. It's clear we have a QB now that will give him, and others, a chance to do that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The OL looked like an NFL OL with Mayfield at QB ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Higgins recovering that Duke fumble late there was, IMO, the best play of the game. We can and have easily thrown games away, that was a moment we could have easily done it again... but didn't. HUGE PLAY.

Well said and well remembered. Great awareness on that play and the guy played to the whistle.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Someone feels left out...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Well, Crowell is a low class person. Remember that photo of slitting a cop's throat? Dude is a thug.

Glass half full--- he did produce here as an UDFA.

One thing I'd agree with vers on is that I think Crow's speed is missed. But you're right, straight thug.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

Someone feels left out...

Actually he looks like Baker in that clip.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hue asked McCown to stay on as a coach. brownie

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Diam,
I was thinking about you when Landry made that catch (you know the one). It was a decent, but not perfect throw (gutsy as well, would've been described as stupid if it got dropped or picked). Anyhow, the initial catch was good enough, but him securing it was what really blew me away. Vice grips.... The DB had his arm all up in there, and had his forearm on the ball as they were coming down. DB was all turned around, so had very little leverage to rip it out, but still tried. Landry just gripped the ball and held onto it. Having hands that strong to hang onto the ball, as you're going to the ground while a guy is trying to rip it out with his arm!? Crazy grip strength! He might've popped the ball if he held it any tighter.

VICE GRIPS

Anyways, they kept showing the replay and I noticed that, and I thought it was really impressive.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

He's a punk.

Hate him if you must, but that move may of finally broke the Curse of Brian Hoyer. The score went 21-3 in our favor after that. wink

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I have to mention Desmond Harrison again. Most all of the pressure came from the right side where we spent big for a RT.

This kid isn't Joe Thomas and never will be. But considering everything he's been a very pleasant surprise.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I have to mention Desmond Harrison again. Most all of the pressure came from the right side where we spent big for a RT.

This kid isn't Joe Thomas and never will be. But considering everything he's been a very pleasant surprise.

I agree. Harrison is making progress. Hubbard looks like trash so far.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Well, Crowell is a low class person.

I'm also a little surprised that Joe Buck didn't lose his mind over that play too. He called Randy Moss fake mooning Packers fans a "Disgusting act!", but when Crowell did something that's actually gross, he didn't really say much.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Well, Crowell is a low class person.

I'm also a little surprised that Joe Buck didn't lose his mind over that play too. He called Randy Moss fake mooning Packers fans a "Disgusting act!", but when Crowell did something that's actually gross, he didn't really say much.

I think they must’ve missed it. They didn’t even talk about the flag at all.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Agreed

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They mentioned it but didn't dwell on it. Buck remarked something (can't remember what) as it was happening.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
What Crow did was disrespectful for sure, but it doesn't make him a thug.

But anyway,

This tandem of Ward and Mitchell. I likes. I was hoping since preseason that Mitchell would get the nod over everyone else we brought in.

Seeing progress in Peppers. First time I thought he actually looked better than Kindred.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I agree. Our corners look real good and it is very promising to see Peppers getting involved and making plays and not standing 40 yards away watching the play through a telescope.

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
Peppers is good close to the LOS. He isn't good in coverage or in space, but he is a physical tackler in traffic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Jets 17 Other players that shined....

Link Copied to Clipboard