Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
F
OK, so we are getting a new roof, and they had to remove the satellite dish. Here in Florida, the tear-off and shingle underlayment must get inspected before they can continue, seems inspectors are running a week or more behind.

So we are without satellite right now, I figured I'd use it as a chance to experience streaming TV more.

I have a Hulu trial, and I have Amazon Prime and a fire stick.

How do you guys find whats on? My wife likes to watch a lot of live TV. Been fine when we already know from memory that something is currently on, but what about when you're kind of just searching for something to entertain you?

Especially since changing from channel app to channel app is slow and tedious, it's damn near frustrating, and way more complex than my wife will ever understand.

Tried to get my sunday ticket app working on the fire stick, but after logging in, it just takes me back to the Open app screen.Works fine on my tablet, but the fire stick just seems to be a stuck in a loop.

So far, my experience in streaming only service is anything but compelling enough to cut the cord.

I may do the DirecTV Now trial and see if that is better. All the channels under 1 place with a guide seems way better.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
F
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
F
Also noticed that yesterday when running the NBC app I had "Live TV" option, watch the Patriots game last night, this morning that option was missing from their menu. Is that normal?

Last edited by FloridaFan; 09/24/18 12:13 PM.

Legend
Legend
Hulu, Amazon, Netflix: whatever you want to watch is always on. That's the way it works.... seasons are typically released all in one shot and you watch at your own pace.

Rabbit ears: use a TV Guide smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
The live services are, Hulu Live, PSVue, Youtube TV, Sling TV and DirecTvnow. They all have guides. If you have the Sunday ticket, I'd find out if DTVnow will let you access the ticket in a streaming fashion. I think the ticket is only available from the satellite.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Also FUBO TV. They look really good for the money. I am probably going with them when my 2 year DISH contract runs out in a few months

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
FUBO, that's a new one on me. I had recently gone from PSVue to Youtube Live but at the start of the football season, since Youtube Live doesn't have the NFL channel, I had to switch back.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
FUBO doesn't yet have ESPN, but they have tons of sports programming, including NFL Network.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the NFL network. I've not really like MNF since they let Howard go.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
www.fubotv.com

$49.95 for a high end package, that is only lacking ESPN and MLB for me. (and I'll have to get ABC over the air when I make the switch, which is no problem)

F
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
F
OK, I give up on the fire stick, I give up on my LG smart TV apps.

Last night I had finally given up on getting these things to work in any sort of timely fashion that didn't jack up my blood pressure due to impatience.

But, I did end up finding something that worked well for me, and something I could probably train my wife to use (This is instrumental in any TV change I consider).

I used my Chromecast to cast my tablet to the TV, and used my tablet to view some CBS shows and a couple shows from my Hulu trial. it worked flawlessly.

In fact, when I was done and was going to shut it down and head to bed, I couldn't get it to stop. I even powered off the tablet, and Chromecast continued to play the show, so it's obvious that it was streaming the link and not just mirroring my tablet screen, which was kind of cool, although I could see that as an issue should it keep running when your not watching and chewing up bandwidth.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... For you streamer TV folks, I have questions.

Link Copied to Clipboard