Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So if God knows all, and allows free will, he then also knows who will and won’t follow him, correct? So he’s essentially created many of us knowing he was damning us to eternity in hell.
Sounds loving.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
So if God knows all, and allows free will, he then also knows who will and won’t follow him, correct? So he’s essentially created many of us knowing he was damning us to eternity in hell.
Sounds loving.

Hell was not created for man. It was created for Satan and his demons. Many people will follow Satan and his demons to hell because they choose to not follow God.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
man, we really have to fear this dude. sounds like a dictator.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My dad is a good Christian by Razor’s definition.
He closed minded. He’s strongly opinionated. And in being this way he’s driven most of the people that love him, his kids, away. But at least he has God and salvation. Or at least that’s what he says when he tells us in so many words that were all going to Hell.

Doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like he is very judgemental and is not acting out of love but stubbornness. If you love your neighbor the way Jesus commands us to you will not seek to drive them away. Rather you will rebuke them when they do wrong and show them even more love than ever before. If you haven't accepted Jesus as lord and savior and if you haven't repented and changed your ways then Yes, you are going to hell. That is what the Bible teaches. It's not going to change just because you don't like it. I mean if the fire is hot should we tell you not to stick your hand in it? Wouldn't it make us even worse parents to just let our kids jump into the fireplace and play and do nothing to stop them from the suffering we know is to come?

At some point it's a waste of time to try to save someone. It comes when there can be no resolution because you know no matter what you say God has not yet called them to be saved. At that point a Christian should just leave the person alone and walk away. You have done your job in informing them of their choices. It's on them to change when God calls them to do so. In the meantime love them and live your own life they way you should.

If a child won't listen to the teachings of his father and chooses instead to ignore and disrespect him then let the child suffer the fruit of his foolishness. As a father all we can do is teach and guide and love. It's up to the children to learn if they are able or suffer on their own if they can't. When a father knows his child is going to harm himself it's the toughest thing in the world to sit there and just let it happen. Don't you think after a long time of being ignored and ridiculed by his children that father will have to harden his heart to bear the pain of knowing he can't save his child no matter how much he tries?

Then again selfish children seldom care what their parents want for them anyways. They just want what they want and to hell with what the old man who is just in the way of their desires of the flesh.

I don't know your father or your problems but I seriously doubt that he is the only one close minded and strongly opinionated in your family. Like father like child.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
How do you feel about Muslims, not you in particular, but are they wrong and you are right? Not trying to pick a fight, at times people present these as direct conflicting ideologies.

Islam is a false religion. It was created as justification to rob, rape, and murder Mohammed's neighbors. He simply twisted a religion that was growing and popular into a message that gave him the right to conquer. It's not like it came out at the same time as Christianity. It came out hundreds of years later. It follows neither the teachings of the Old or New testament but borrows bits and pieces of it.

What does Moh call Allah? He names him the great Trickster because he deceives and lies better than anyone. That is not the God of the Jewish or Christian faith because our God keeps his promises and doesn't lie. So ask yourself then who is?

The greatest tragedy of the Muslim faith is that it teaches that Jesus is a prophet or great teacher. Yet, they ignore his teachings. Instead it denies Muslims the salvation of Jesus Christ by teaching he is NOT the messiah.

The single greatest work of the Devil was when he as the Trickster and great deceiver created the Muslim faith to deny people the Salvation of Jesus.

That is not a reason to hate Muslims. God doesn't want us to hate each other but love each other. Instead rebuke, teach, be compassionate, and bring them to Christ through your actions of living your life as a good Christian instead of a lazy and shallow one.

I will leave this thread with the following Scripture.

Matthew 7:15-20 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

A good Christian will have good Fruit.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Jesus was just zoromaster for a weak community with stupid rules. Don't wear clothing made out of two materials. Don't plant two different crops next to each other. No wonder the Jews took so many l's

Legend
Legend
The reason for all of those "stupid rules", was to show man his sin, and his inability to be saved on his own. Man broke rules and laws, and had to sacrifice animals to atone for his sins.

In His perfect time, God sent Jesus to be the eternal and perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The reason for all of those "stupid rules", was to show man his sin, and his inability to be saved on his own. Man broke rules and laws, and had to sacrifice animals to atone for his sins.

In His perfect time, God sent Jesus to be the eternal and perfect sacrifice for our sins.

seemed like a lot of places were doing just fine doing great things like breaking stupid superstitious rules. But yeah Zoroaster is a cool dude.

Legend
Legend
Well this thread went from a "Let me ask you a question" to a "Lets bash God, thread" notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Well this thread went from a "Let me ask you a question" to a "Lets bash God, thread" notallthere

Bro, that was the intent from the beginning.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Bro, that was the intent from the beginning.

Not at all. I simply wanted to know why being Christian equates to being a good person. I listened to Senators say that this week and it sent me through the roof. Being a christian means you follow the christian faith, nothing more. There are good, bad, and in between people regardless of faith. Yet I hear this all the time "He/she is a good Christian person"... as if the two were synonymous.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/07/18 08:39 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
the beauty of a message board:

Razor would never say this to someone's face in real life.

i've gotten into serious debates in person with people of all religions, and i know you wouldn't dare say that to someone's face.

but thats religious people for you. trash people behind their backs, but won't say a word in public.

if being fake is a sign of a good christian, a lot of you guys pretty much nailed it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I'll never understand the mental gymnastics people make to follow a religion. To each their own...

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
He closed minded. He’s strongly opinionated. And in being this way he’s driven most of the people that love him, his kids, away. But at least he has God and salvation. Or at least that’s what he says when he tells us in so many words that were all going to Hell.

Doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like he is very judgemental and is not acting out of love but stubbornness. If you love your neighbor the way Jesus commands us to you will not seek to drive them away. Rather you will rebuke them when they do wrong and show them even more love than ever before. If you haven't accepted Jesus as lord and savior and if you haven't repented and changed your ways then Yes, you are going to hell. That is what the Bible teaches. It's not going to change just because you don't like it. I mean if the fire is hot should we tell you not to stick your hand in it? Wouldn't it make us even worse parents to just let our kids jump into the fireplace and play and do nothing to stop them from the suffering we know is to come?

At some point it's a waste of time to try to save someone. It comes when there can be no resolution because you know no matter what you say God has not yet called them to be saved. At that point a Christian should just leave the person alone and walk away. You have done your job in informing them of their choices. It's on them to change when God calls them to do so. In the meantime love them and live your own life they way you should.

If a child won't listen to the teachings of his father and chooses instead to ignore and disrespect him then let the child suffer the fruit of his foolishness. As a father all we can do is teach and guide and love. It's up to the children to learn if they are able or suffer on their own if they can't. When a father knows his child is going to harm himself it's the toughest thing in the world to sit there and just let it happen. Don't you think after a long time of being ignored and ridiculed by his children that father will have to harden his heart to bear the pain of knowing he can't save his child no matter how much he tries?

Then again selfish children seldom care what their parents want for them anyways. They just want what they want and to hell with what the old man who is just in the way of their desires of the flesh.

I don't know your father or your problems but I seriously doubt that he is the only one close minded and strongly opinionated in your family. Like father like child.

Dad is that you?

Geez.
“I love you so much I can’t stop telling you you’re going to burn in hell unless you go to church with me.” “Wait, I’m confused. Why don’t you want to spend time with me anymore ?”

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

I think people were cool being respectful until the bad Muslim bashing. Then when people saw Christians not being respectful towards other religions, people stopped caring about the Christians and their snowflake sensibilities.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

I think people were cool being respectful until the bad Muslim bashing. Then when people saw Christians not being respectful towards other religions, people stopped caring about the Christians and their snowflake sensibilities.

So what was the Muslim bashing?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Maybe you should use some of your free will and read the thread wink

Legend
Legend

Maybe you should use some of your free will and read the thread wink

God told him not to.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
God told him not to continue discussing free will, and YTown did as commanded. Truly we have no free will.

Legend
Legend
I did read the thread. Please point out the "Muslim bashing".

I saw a calm discussion of the differences between Islam and Christianity, and I saw what has to be the Christian view of Islam, given the things they teach.

I saw nothing with the vitriol and ridicule that you chose to then respond with.

I saw no one calling Islam, Muslims, or Muhammad names. (though I did see one shortening of his name)

Please show me the ridicule you have shown for Christians. Specifically.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I did read the thread. Please point out the "Muslim bashing".

I saw a calm discussion of the differences between Islam and Christianity, and I saw what has to be the Christian view of Islam, given the things they teach.

I saw nothing with the vitriol and ridicule that you chose to then respond with.

I saw no one calling Islam, Muslims, or Muhammad names. (though I did see one shortening of his name)

Please show me the ridicule you have shown for Christians. Specifically.

Funny how you think you are owed a response after you backed out of our discussion on free will. Now you demand answers from other people. That's rich. Read the thread. If you don't think anything said about Islam is egregious, then you cannot be mad at me calling Christianity and Judaism for what it was. Thank God for the Romans. They really got the religion off the ground.

Legend
Legend
Well, you have made up your mind, so there is no sense arguing with you. I stated my beliefs on free will, and why I believe what I do. You disagree. What is the point of continuing that particular aspect of discussion? You won't ever change your mind, and frankly, it seems that you want to ridicule, rather than discuss. I see no need to continue this. I will simply pray for peace.

P
Legend
Legend
P
By adopting all the pagan customs into religion that Christians continue to this day?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Swish
the beauty of a message board:

Razor would never say this to someone's face in real life.

i've gotten into serious debates in person with people of all religions, and i know you wouldn't dare say that to someone's face.

but thats religious people for you. trash people behind their backs, but won't say a word in public.

if being fake is a sign of a good christian, a lot of you guys pretty much nailed it.

I like how you think you know me. I have had this discussion with several Muslims. I am not afraid to offend people when I know I am speaking the truth. I am not bashing Muslims or twisting their beliefs.

Muhammad was a pirate and conqueror. It's a fact.

It's also a fact that they raped women, killed the husbands of those would would not convert to the Muslim faith and then forced the women to remarry or become sex slaves, they also did the same thing to very young girls. In fact, it's still go on in the middle east even today.

It's a fact, that he would force cities to convert to the Muslim faith or he would kill every man, rape every woman, and enslave anyone else left alive. One of his many wives was a 9 year old girl.

It's also a fact that the Muslim faith denies that Jesus is the Messiah. In fact Muslim countries in general are not just nontolerant of Christianity but downright violent. Muslims murder Christians by the thousands every single year and have killed 10 of millions over the ages. Anywhere they expand and take over they persecute and murder Christians as a general rule.

These are not opinion but documentented FACTS. If stating the facts is trashing someone then so be it. I have no problems stating the truth to anyone's face. I am honest and upfront with anyone I deal with. I don't go around changing my views with the wind to make people feel better either. Over the course of the many years of posting on this forum have I EVER waffled on issues?

Try that nonsense with someone else.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

Dad is that you?

Geez.
“I love you so much I can’t stop telling you you’re going to burn in hell unless you go to church with me.” “Wait, I’m confused. Why don’t you want to spend time with me anymore ?”

Because it's never the kid's fault right? Gotcha.

Legend
Legend
again, we all know you would never tell a muslim person that their religion is fake and unreal in person.

you're just another keyboard warrior with no actual balls to tell ANYBODY of a different faith that their religion is wrong.

you won't tell a jew that. you won't tell a hindu that. you won't tell anybody that tough talk to their face.

but its not surprising, because just like a typical christian, you are easily the most judgemental person i have ever interacted with. its people like you as to why i have such a disdain for all religions, especially in this country.

the high and mighty attitude is why the number of christians continue to drop. you and YTown can look in the mirror as to why.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
"typical Christian". In your opinion, am I a 'typical Christian"?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

are you? if you feel you are, then the answer is yes. if not, why bother asking in the first place. unless you're looking for attention.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

I don't believe in PC nonsense. A question was asked. I answered it with the truth. There is no compatibility between Muslims and Christians who actually believe in their faith because the Muslim religion is in direct opposition to the salvation of Christ.

One could argue that then Jews should also have the same problem. The difference is that Jews don't go around murdering Christians in general just because they are not Jews. In fact, I would say most Jew are far more tolerant of other religions than anyone else. I mean you don't read about Jews going around and cutting off the heads of Christians now do you in these modern times?

Again I want to repeat that I don't hate Muslim people. I don't. I feel bad for them. I see them as a people who want God but who have been deceived and tricked by their god the great "Trickster" and his Anti-Christ Muhammad. The devil will have his day but in the end it doesn't even matter because God will always prevail.

A
Legend
Legend
A

are you? if you feel you are, then the answer is yes. if not, why bother asking in the first place. unless you're looking for attention.

Oh. My bad.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
again, we all know you would never tell a muslim person that their religion is fake and unreal in person.

you're just another keyboard warrior with no actual balls to tell ANYBODY of a different faith that their religion is wrong.

you won't tell a jew that. you won't tell a hindu that. you won't tell anybody that tough talk to their face.

but its not surprising, because just like a typical christian, you are easily the most judgemental person i have ever interacted with. its people like you as to why i have such a disdain for all religions, especially in this country.

the high and mighty attitude is why the number of christians continue to drop. you and YTown can look in the mirror as to why.

You can continue to lie all you want. You can keep on making up fairy tales all you want. I am not responsible for your soul. I tell what the Bible says and the facts say. If you feel that is judgemental then maybe you should ask yourself why you feel that way.

Either way, I answered the questions. Like them or don't I don't care. When you stand before God in the end you won't have any excuses. You won't be able to say no one ever told you the truth. The consequences are completely yours because it was your choice. Don't cry and blame others later on.

Legend
Legend
please dont talk to me about fairy tales. the irony is staggering.

- Theodore Roosevelt
J
Legend
Legend
J
It's my belief that God would want his believers to be kind, persuasive, and able to easily to relate to the people they communicate with on a daily basis. As we can see in the real world, and on this board, a good number of Christians fall far short of this expectation. The most outspoken Christians on this board are the exact opposite of what I described, and pretty much a total turn off to anyone who might be interested in hearing what they believe is the word of God.

Great job, Guys. You are the reason the number of Christians are dwindling, not the devil you so conveniently blame.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
It's my belief that God would want his believers to be kind, persuasive, and able to easily to relate to the people they communicate with on a daily basis. As we can see in the real world, and on this board, a good number of Christians fall far short of this expectation. The most outspoken Christians on this board are the exact opposite of what I described, and pretty much a total turn off to anyone who might be interested in hearing what they believe is the word of God.

Great job, Guys. You are the reason the number of Christians are dwindling, not the devil you so conveniently blame.

Translation: I'll pick and choose what from the Bible I want to hear and believe, if you remind me of the things that contradict what I want I'll label you as judgmental.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
A
Legend
Legend
A

Oh. My bad.

Let me know when I'm allowed to have an opinion, or ask a question.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: MrTed

Translation: I'll pick and choose what from the Bible I want to hear and believe, if you remind me of the things that contradict what I want I'll label you as judgmental.

And I rest my case..........

Legend
Legend

Oh. My bad.

Let me know when I'm allowed to have an opinion, or ask a question.

will do.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

No, you really don't have one. Like the typical liberal, you think you can judge a persons motives, and like the typical female, you can't.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
J
Legend
Legend
J

No, you really don't have one. Like the typical liberal, you think you can judge a persons motives, and like the typical female, you can't.

I'm not a liberal, quite far from it, as most people here know. And your shameless misogynistic statement says everything we all need to know about you.

Honestly, Ted, I thought you were one of the more civil folks that I had disagreements with on this board. You have shown your true colors tonight. Loud and very clear.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

and like the typical female, you can't.

Oh no you didn't.... saywhat

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... A question about Christians

Link Copied to Clipboard