Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
It's my belief that God would want his believers to be kind, persuasive, and able to easily to relate to the people they communicate with on a daily basis. As we can see in the real world, and on this board, a good number of Christians fall far short of this expectation. The most outspoken Christians on this board are the exact opposite of what I described, and pretty much a total turn off to anyone who might be interested in hearing what they believe is the word of God.

Great job, Guys. You are the reason the number of Christians are dwindling, not the devil you so conveniently blame.

Translation: I'll pick and choose what from the Bible I want to hear and believe, if you remind me of the things that contradict what I want I'll label you as judgmental.

And I rest my case..........

No, you really don't have one. Like the typical liberal, you think you can judge a persons motives, and like the typical female, you can't.

That was WAY over the line sexist. Shameful.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
It's my belief that God would want his believers to be kind, persuasive, and able to easily to relate to the people they communicate with on a daily basis. As we can see in the real world, and on this board, a good number of Christians fall far short of this expectation. The most outspoken Christians on this board are the exact opposite of what I described, and pretty much a total turn off to anyone who might be interested in hearing what they believe is the word of God.

Great job, Guys. You are the reason the number of Christians are dwindling, not the devil you so conveniently blame.

Translation: I'll pick and choose what from the Bible I want to hear and believe, if you remind me of the things that contradict what I want I'll label you as judgmental.

No, you really don't have one. Like the typical liberal, you think you can judge a persons motives, and like the typical female, you can't.

I'm not a liberal, quite far from it, as most people here know. And your shameless misogynistic statement says everything we all need to know about you.

Honestly, Ted, I thought you were one of the more civil folks that I had disagreements with on this board. You have shown your true colors tonight. Loud and very clear.

Allow me to clarify, and perhaps you'll understand this more than other women being you prefer relationships with them.

Have you ever committed an 'innocent blunder' that just set your significant other off, and for the next however long all you hear is 'you're just this!' and 'you just wanna that!'?

And you're just standing there thinking to yourself, (cause you can't get a word in edgewise), uhhh no, it was just an honest mistake dear.

Used to happen to me a lot, until I figured out how to stop making innocent blunders.

That's what I'm talking about, and like women, liberals do it a lot.

Eight years of (here I go again) if you disagree with this black president you must be a racist. You only tell people they're going to hell because you want to control them, and on and on.

Sorry if I offended you like that. Based on our conversations in the past, and your responses to my statements, I didn't think you thought of me as civil.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude, put the shovel down. The hole is getting deeper.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: DawgMichelle

Believe me or don't, it's my experience.

and you just proved my point.

Last edited by MrTed; 10/07/18 08:58 PM. Reason: Added another comment.

my two cents...
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Well, you have made up your mind, so there is no sense arguing with you. I stated my beliefs on free will, and why I believe what I do. You disagree. What is the point of continuing that particular aspect of discussion? You won't ever change your mind, and frankly, it seems that you want to ridicule, rather than discuss. I see no need to continue this. I will simply pray for peace.

See, this is the problem with guys like you. I'm trying to have an open discussion. You want to argue your views down people's throats. If you think it's ok to say Islam started as an excuse to rape and conquer their neighbors, then people will apply that same lens behind the curtain of Christianity and Judaism. I understand that you're tone policing me, because you cannot refute what I said.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Believe me or don't, it's my experience.

and you just proved my point.

Cool. I'm backing out and hoping you've just had too much to drink to post coherently. Otherwise, I'm out. Couldn't care less how much you hate women.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Allow me to clarify, and perhaps you'll understand this more than other women being you prefer relationships with them.

I have no idea why this is relevant to what I posted initially.

Quote:
Have you ever committed an 'innocent blunder' that just set your significant other off, and for the next however long all you hear is 'you're just this!' and 'you just wanna that!'?

And you're just standing there thinking to yourself, (cause you can't get a word in edgewise), uhhh no, it was just an honest mistake dear.

Used to happen to me a lot, until I figured out how to stop making innocent blunders.

That's what I'm talking about, and like women, liberals do it a lot.

Okay. Still trying to follow here, are you trying to defend the statement you made about women, or where are we going here? Again, I'm not a liberal, but you seem to need to make me one to make your point.

Quote:
Eight years of (here I go again) if you disagree with this black president you must be a racist. You only tell people they're going to hell because you want to control them, and on and on.

We can agree here. I never voted for Obama. I'm a Libertarian. I very rarely visit the political forum because everyone is a racist if you don't agree with certain people, etc.

Quote:
Sorry if I offended you like that. Based on our conversations in the past, and your responses to my statements, I didn't think you thought of me as civil.

You couldn't possibly offend me. I don't get offended by the silliness that surrounds me. We have disagreed in the past, I think you are wrong quite a bit, and you have made it obvious that you feel the same about me. However, I've never felt you were a person who would take cheap shots and degrade me for being a woman. You have done that due to other reasons based on your religious beliefs, which goes back to my initial post, but you are off the boards tonight.

I'm still trying to figure out what any of your posts to me tonight have to do with my initial post on this subject.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That was WAY over the line sexist. Shameful.

You're the guy that said Ytown didn't like the fact that rape was illegal, so you can stuff it.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Don't worry about me Ted.

Matthew 5:11-12; “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
i would also add that there is nothing typical about Jules, and she is definitely not liberal in most aspects of politics.We disagree on an obvious issue, but on the vast majority we are fairly close.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I probably should not get involved, but....

--Jules is one of the finest people I have associated w/on this board. Ever!

--I think it is wrong to make negative generalizations about women. And, I am obviously not a woman.

--I think it is wrong for people to make negative generalizations about Christians. And, I am not a religious person. I never go to church.

--I think we should be understanding and tolerant of all genders, races, and people who have various religious beliefs.

--For example. I am not gay, but I have no problems w/gays. I am not religious, but I have no problem w/those who are not. Don't get up in my face w/it........but, my thinking is be who you wanna be.

--I think the issues are that I have seen Christians and agnostics bash each other as if the other side is totally wrong. That's BS on both sides.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I am Jewish and have a lot of respect for Christianity. Also with any other religion that preaches getting along with people with different beliefs.

However I shudder at The Inquisition and the Salem Witch Trials. No religion is perfect.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

lol jeez dude. some good ole christian values on display right there.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
but hey, thats typical christians for you, gotta put them women in their place.

jules be coming at me sometimes, but atleast i wont ever tell her to go make me a sandwich.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Here's the deal Dawgtalkers and Jules in particular at this point.

I (and other christians on here) ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN HEAVEN AND HELL.

We actually believe it, but every individual on here that doesn't like what we say about what we believe decides that they know better than we do about who we are.

'You're not telling me I'm going to hell because you don't care if I end up there or not, you're telling me I'm going to hell because you want to control me.'

This is what every post boils down to on the subject. That is what my initial post to you is about.

If we're right, would you have considered it a kindness that we didn't plead with you to ask Jesus to forgive you?

As you end up in hell?

I dare say you wouldn't.

I am by no means perfect. I was taught to know who Jesus was growing up, but I wasn't taught what it meant to follow him. Not gonna go into detail, but I was a party animal sinner in every sense of the word. Anyone want to explain to me why we as christians would care what how you lived if we didn't TRULY believe these things?

What I said TO SWISH goes to the other point we agree on Jules, that no matter what your motives, the left is going to twist it. Swish said he rested his case, I said he didn't have one, and made an observation that, were it delivered by a comic on stage IN PERSON would've gotten a laugh. Based on my own experience (from years ago, I've improved as a husband) and damn near every comic I hear on Pandora, every time you get near to winning an argument with your wife or girlfriend, your motives get questioned, the point of the argument is changed and something you did from years ago is brought up.

Anyone on here have the stones to tell me I'm wrong? That they haven't actually experienced what I explained?

The problem of commenting online is it's all too binary, you're either this or that. There's no depth allowed and you're only judged on your last post.

Like I said, I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I said it in jest, but there's no denying the truth of it.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Matthew 5:11-12; “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I'm not worried, I'm just calling out OCD on his twisted comments before he tries to misconstrue mine.

my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And what does ANY of that have to do with being a woman?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
please dont use my name in an attempt to justify whatever nonsense you're trying to sell.

i might be on the left, but guess what? i defend all races, trash all religions, defend lbgt, women, whomever.

and i dont have to be christian to do it. but you, just like razor and YTown come off judgemental as all hell.

but yet its my fault cause im on the left. hey, if you got a problem with me, its all good. i know yall love using the left as if its some sort of insult, but at least i dont go around telling people theyre gonna burn in hell if they dont believe in what i believe.

its funny how you and others are so hell bent on separating yourselves from the left, like you and jules...and yet im the only one who defends and stands up for the lbgt community on a regular over here.

but thats uncrhristian like. so whatever.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its no longer a hole. Its a pit.

No Craps Given
J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: Swish

jules be coming at me sometimes, but atleast i wont ever tell her to go make me a sandwich.

I love cooking and making things for friends and family. Pepper jack, cheddar, provolone, swiss? I won't be pregnant, but may be barefoot when I make it, though.

J
Legend
Legend
J
I don't feel the need to separate myself from anything unless I'm called something I'm not. I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative. I will speak up if someone tries to lump me into a category I don't belong. People always assume I'm a liberal for one reason. It's shallow. I don't care for that type of lazy assumption.

Legend
Legend
i feel you on that. but my point is that i dont feel the need to separate myself from that particular label as if its some sort of insult. im certainly left, but if somebody randomly decided to call me a conservative, then so what? i've certainly demonstrated certain beliefs that could be considered conservative leaning.

i get why you're annoying when people auto assume youre liberal because youre LBGT. but even you would have to admit that while you don't identify as liberal, the main ones putting on for civil rights that affect that particular community mainly comes from liberal leaning people, like those of us on this board.

cause it certainly aint the conservative christians, in general. not only has that been demonstrated on the board, but in real life as well.

what im saying is its one thing to not want to be auto assumed to be left/right. its another to act like its some sort of bubonic plague when it happens.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Am I the only one? Is it just me?

Discuss.

It's a very fair question to ask. I don't think calling yourself a Christian automatically makes you better. What makes it real is when it impacts what you do in life. Once I realized that, I had to look at my own life and change things.

Being a Christian should give you a certain amount of self awareness, but it doesn't mean you are perfect.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

I'm not worried, I'm just calling out OCD on his twisted comments before he tries to misconstrue mine.

Funny thing is I don't recall saying that to Ytown. But it also does not matter because we were talking about what you said to Jules. It was sexist, plain and simple. You wanted a label from a lib, there you go.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: homer_brown

Discuss.

It's a very fair question to ask. I don't think calling yourself a Christian automatically makes you better. What makes it real is when it impacts what you do in life. Once I realized that, I had to look at my own life and change things.

Being a Christian should give you a certain amount of self awareness, but it doesn't mean you are perfect.

Thanks for an honest and sincere reply. This is what I thought this thread might be like when I started it. I didn't like some of the talking heads I had seen on TV and the Senators specifically saying "he's a good Christian" like that proved he was incapable of bad acts. My mind exploded and I thought here was a safe place to vent and question it.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish

I love cooking and making things for friends and family. Pepper jack, cheddar, provolone, swiss? I won't be pregnant, but may be barefoot when I make it, though.

You're hired. Make that sandwich! wink

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: homer_brown

Discuss.

I am certainly not perfect, except that Jesus makes me perfect in God's eyes.

I still screw up. Christians screw up. Paul screwed up. He spoke about the difficulties he faced, saying that he did things he hates, and hates things he did. I am certainly nowhere near Paul.The one thing Christians need to do is to confess and repent of their sins. (turn from them) The key is to do your best to turn away from your sins, and not to pursue them. That's all God wants, and that is what we have the hardest time with. It is the theme of the entire Bible, from the verse in my signature, going back to Genesis and Deuteronomy, and through the New Testament. What does God want? To act justly, love mercy, (Love your neighbors) and walk humbly with your God. (Love and honor Him)

That is exactly what Jesus said were the 2 most important commandments wrapped up right there. It's also the hardest thing for almost everyone. We too often put things before God. We can't go to church because we have X, Y, or Z, and we just don't have time to read the Bible. We forget to turn to God as we're supposed to in all situations. We want to figure it out for ourselves, instead of asking God for his help. We refuse to confess our sins, and ask God for forgiveness. We don't see sins as sins, because they aren't that bad according to what the world says is OK. Christians should be in their Bibles daily, even if only to read a verse or 2.

Loving your neighbor is so misunderstood. I could go on for quite a while here, but I am tired. lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Well this thread went from a "Let me ask you a question" to a "Lets bash God, thread" notallthere

I think people were cool being respectful until the bad Muslim bashing. Then when people saw Christians not being respectful towards other religions, people stopped caring about the Christians and their snowflake sensibilities.

I have been listening to people bash Christians for many years. I have listened to people bash Muslims for many years. I have listened to people bash Athiests for many years.

I say we are all Gods children, and we should love our neighbor as yourself.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
My dad is a good Christian by Razor’s definition.
He closed minded. He’s strongly opinionated. And in being this way he’s driven most of the people that love him, his kids, away. But at least he has God and salvation. Or at least that’s what he says when he tells us in so many words that were all going to Hell.

Doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like he is very judgemental and is not acting out of love but stubbornness. If you love your neighbor the way Jesus commands us to you will not seek to drive them away. Rather you will rebuke them when they do wrong and show them even more love than ever before. If you haven't accepted Jesus as lord and savior and if you haven't repented and changed your ways then Yes, you are going to hell. That is what the Bible teaches. It's not going to change just because you don't like it. I mean if the fire is hot should we tell you not to stick your hand in it? Wouldn't it make us even worse parents to just let our kids jump into the fireplace and play and do nothing to stop them from the suffering we know is to come?

At some point it's a waste of time to try to save someone. It comes when there can be no resolution because you know no matter what you say God has not yet called them to be saved. At that point a Christian should just leave the person alone and walk away. You have done your job in informing them of their choices. It's on them to change when God calls them to do so. In the meantime love them and live your own life they way you should.

If a child won't listen to the teachings of his father and chooses instead to ignore and disrespect him then let the child suffer the fruit of his foolishness. As a father all we can do is teach and guide and love. It's up to the children to learn if they are able or suffer on their own if they can't. When a father knows his child is going to harm himself it's the toughest thing in the world to sit there and just let it happen. Don't you think after a long time of being ignored and ridiculed by his children that father will have to harden his heart to bear the pain of knowing he can't save his child no matter how much he tries?

Then again selfish children seldom care what their parents want for them anyways. They just want what they want and to hell with what the old man who is just in the way of their desires of the flesh.

I don't know your father or your problems but I seriously doubt that he is the only one close minded and strongly opinionated in your family. Like father like child.

Dad is that you?

Geez.
“I love you so much I can’t stop telling you you’re going to burn in hell unless you go to church with me.” “Wait, I’m confused. Why don’t you want to spend time with me anymore ?”

Because it's never the kid's fault right? Gotcha.

I guess you’re right. If we’d all put on our Sunday best and sit next to him in a pew and believe everything he believes then we’d have a great relationship.
Yup. Dad. That is you.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I just want to say something about this:

If we truly believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and that He came to earth to be the perfect sacrifice for sin, and that when He said that He is the truth, the way, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. If we don't share this great news of God's promises, then we are not loving our neighbor. If we are not speaking to them about the Gospel, we are saying that their life here on earth is more important than their eternal life. We are saying that it's OK for them to go to hell.

I think that we need to talk about the Gospel of Christ. We need to familiarize ourselves with what God expects of us, and just how glorious heaven will be for those who believe. That is really the greatest love we can have for our neighbors. Obviously we should always help those in need, if it's at all possible. That is also what God expects of us as Christians. but Jesus made it clear that this world is not what's important, it's eternal life that truly matters. Who knows, we may meet someone today, and their only exposure to the Gospel of Christ may be us. How would any Christian feel if we stand before God and He says, "I put you in this situation to plant a seed with this person, and instead you ignored that opportunity. Now that person stands condemned."?

I just wanted to plant a little seed myself. I hope none of us will pass on an opportunity to share Christ whenever we can.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Well this thread went from a "Let me ask you a question" to a "Lets bash God, thread" notallthere

I think people were cool being respectful until the bad Muslim bashing. Then when people saw Christians not being respectful towards other religions, people stopped caring about the Christians and their snowflake sensibilities.

I have been listening to people bash Christians for many years. I have listened to people bash Muslims for many years. I have listened to people bash Athiests for many years.

I say we are all Gods children, and we should love our neighbor as yourself.

I agree %100. People just don't know the answer, it's stupid of them to try to force an answer down someone's throat.

P
Legend
Legend
P

and like the typical female, you can't.

Oh no you didn't.... saywhat

Oh, yes he did. And you can see it on this board all of the time. That "holier than thou" attitude. How only they can be right and everyone else is doomed to hell. All the while they keep pagan customs from Roman times making excuses for it. It's a silly game they play that the scriptures plainly tell them is wrong.

It's why although my beliefs are Christian, I can not tie my name to religion. I'm not trying to insinuate that all religions are bad. I'm just tired of sifting through all of the turds to try to find that nugget of gold.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You just believe women can't think as well as men. We get it! lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

and like the typical female, you can't.

Oh no you didn't.... saywhat

Oh, yes he did. And you can see it on this board all of the time. That "holier than thou" attitude.

Yeah, and it's one reason I take LONG breaks from this place. The EGO around here is most certainly laughable and boring. I'll probably just stick to the football forums because, although ego still runs rampant, at least I don't have to read what a horrible human I am.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
P
Legend
Legend
P
While it's certainly a sad state of affairs, I can't say I blame you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just want to say something about this:

If we truly believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and that He came to earth to be the perfect sacrifice for sin, and that when He said that He is the truth, the way, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. If we don't share this great news of God's promises, then we are not loving our neighbor. If we are not speaking to them about the Gospel, we are saying that their life here on earth is more important than their eternal life. We are saying that it's OK for them to go to hell.

I think that we need to talk about the Gospel of Christ. We need to familiarize ourselves with what God expects of us, and just how glorious heaven will be for those who believe. That is really the greatest love we can have for our neighbors. Obviously we should always help those in need, if it's at all possible. That is also what God expects of us as Christians. but Jesus made it clear that this world is not what's important, it's eternal life that truly matters. Who knows, we may meet someone today, and their only exposure to the Gospel of Christ may be us. How would any Christian feel if we stand before God and He says, "I put you in this situation to plant a seed with this person, and instead you ignored that opportunity. Now that person stands condemned."?

I just wanted to plant a little seed myself. I hope none of us will pass on an opportunity to share Christ whenever we can.

Quote:
If we truly believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and that He came to earth to be the perfect sacrifice for sin, and that when He said that He is the truth, the way, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. If we don't share this great news of God's promises, then we are not loving our neighbor.

I agree 110 percent bro. However I also believe in the old saying that you catch more flys with Honey and not vinager. IMO smacking people upside the head who do not believe in God or Jesus instead of getting to know them and showing them by example in the way you live your life does more harm than good.

Quote:

I see what your saying and I understand 100 percent. However I still disagree. How would you feel if God told you on judgement day that "I put you in a situation to plant a seed with this person, and instead you ignored me and tried to shove the seed down their throat against their wishes. You just pushed that person further away from God instead of bringing them closer. Now that person is even farther away from redemption.

Quote:

I agree I want to plant as many seeds as I can. BUT I want to do so more with my actions more than my words. I wish everybody could come to know the Lord as we do. BUT it has to be free will, not jammed down their throat IMO.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
And that's why I respect you thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Hey I could be wrong lol. And Ytown could be right. Of couse I could be wrong and you could be right. I only speak from my heart. I believe in God and Jesus, and I wish all of us can make it into heaven smile

Legend
Legend
If a person never sees their sin, they have no perceived need for Jesus Christ. If sin has no penalty, there is no need for salvation. I will grant that it is wise to proceed carefully, but if a person never sees their sin, they will never come to Christ.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... A question about Christians

Link Copied to Clipboard