Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1525955 10/08/18 12:04 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Quicken Loans.

I'm preparing to get pre-approval for a mortgage for a house I'm interested in. I've used a local lender in the past, but this house is pretty expensive and it's gonna be a big mortgage. So I'm thinking I'd like to get the best rates instead of having the lady in front of me going over everything very slowly.

So I went on LendingTree and of course I get bombarded with loan offers or whatever.

Has anyone done this process? Used Quicken Loans or JG Wentworth Homelending and had an opinion about them?

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
L
Legend
Legend
L
i refinanced my house with them back in 08. Easy process, sold it to chase about 3 months later. Moral of the story, they are just brokers. I'd just go with a company that services their own loans. Quicken may do that now..but they didn't mine

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
There are a ton of mortgage companies who later sell their mortgages.

Typically they take some bad with a lot of good, and sell them to get the bad off their books.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Coventry for a mortgage. They have been great to me.

I have an FHA loan. It started out with Leader, and it was then sold to Chase. Chase was awful. I wanted to refinance under the HARP program, and I jumped through a tremendous number of hoops .... only to be told that they couldn't refi my loan, because I had a 2nd mortgage on the property. (which was incorrect) When we got that straightened that out, they told me that I couldn't refi because I some weird type of loan that couldn't be refinanced. I blasted the heck out of them. It was ridiculously stupid.

About 2 weeks later I got a letter in the mail telling me that my loan had been sold to Coventry. I was so happy to get away from Chase.

Like 3 days later, Coventry called me, and offered to refi my loan. I told them what had happened, and I didn't want to jump through all the hoops I had already endured for no good reason.

They assured me that there would be no problem. I filled out their forms, submitted the info they wanted, (By email) and they called me back in a few days to schedule my closing. I cut my remaining term by 3 years, and lowered my payment. (with almost nothing out of pocket, just an amount less than the mortgage payment I would be "skipping" in between the old and new mortgage)

They sent a closing agent to my house. I didn't have to go to anyone's office. She would have met me at a restaurant if I had preferred that.

Closing took about 15-20 minutes. Man, it was so easy it was ridiculous. I highly recommend them.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Quicken Loans

Link Copied to Clipboard