Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
D
Philly is in the market for a Rb since the loss of Ajayi. Now not saying we should but with Duke being in a crowded back field and not really getting many touches do we dare entertain a trade?
Player for player? A high draft pick?
If so who is the player? What would we want in return?
Or do we not even give this a second thought?

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Agholor and Sproles (both) tongue

C
Legend
Legend
C
No

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No Thanks.

Legend
Legend
No

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not a preference, but if they blew the doors off with a ridiculous offer ...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hell no.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Absolutely not.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
the Browns have 2 talented RBs who have a ability to find end zone.
Duke is not a TD producer.
hes a role player who has alot of throws his way in the last 2 years.
some of you think hes this irreplaceable RB.
hes a good role player but at the end of the day is he the difference between winning and losing?
hes not even in the top 25 RBs in the NFL.
Id entertain a trade.

D
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
D
If we continue to use Duke like we use him I would entertain offers.
I'm like you it isn't like he is our starting back. So far we aren't using him the way we should for the money we paying him. He is more a 3rd down back with starting money. Now don't get me wrong I like Duke and wish we could get him more involved but if it stays status quo why wouldn't we?

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
How can anyone say no if they havent even heard the offer ? Do the no sayers think Phila doesnt have a single player as good as Duke ?

Legend
Legend
no

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dorsey has to entertain any legitimate trade offer. If an offer is made he will listen, then counter. If an agreement can be made the deal will get done. Having said that. I don't see it happening, but who knows?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: thriller
How can anyone say no if they havent even heard the offer ? Do the no sayers think Phila doesnt have a single player as good as Duke ?

My thoughts as well.

V
Legend
Legend
V
My question is why would Philly want Duke when the have Sproles and Smallwood. Both are very similar to Duke.

I think Philly would want a bigger back to replace Ajayi.

D
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
My question is why would Philly want Duke when the have Sproles and Smallwood. Both are very similar to Duke.

I think Philly would want a bigger back to replace Ajayi.

Duke is every bit the back those guys are IMO.
I think Duke brings more versatility than Smallwood and at this point in Sproles career Duke is as good yet younger.
I agree Vers a bigger one cut back might be what they want but you just never know.
I think Duke can play a HUGE roll in Philly. He could here to but it doesn't seem to be happening.

O
Legend
Legend
O
no.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
D
For all the no's would you not consider Agholor?
That would perk my interests.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think Duke will move into the slot for the next several weeks and play far more WR than RB. That will make him far more valuable for us to keep, than he has appeared in the past several weeks.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
What if they called about Hyde?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They could and should consider signing Matt Dayse. That makes more sense than this proposed trade, for both teams, IMO.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
While I would be willing to listen, I doubt that we would only get a player/pick equivalent to a 3rd or 4th rounder. In my opinion, that is not enough to offset the value that Duke presents to us...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

No don't make a trade, but Duke doesn't fit what Philly would need in an RB anyway.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
I think Duke will move into the slot for the next several weeks and play far more WR than RB. That will make him far more valuable for us to keep, than he has appeared in the past several weeks.

This x1 billion gazillion. They keep saying they need to get Duke more involved... here's the perfect opportunity.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

I LOVE that idea ...

That makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels ...

Great point dawg .... hope it happens .... thumbsup

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
no...i find it funny how we finally have quality depth and people want to trade it away. not speaking specifically to DeepSouth but I've heard about Ogbah, Kinard, Devalve, Corbett, etc

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
V
Legend
Legend
V
What makes you think that Duke can run the route tree?

I'm not being snarky, but don't you think we would have seen more of him at WR already if he was a good route runner?

Legend
Legend
Hyde is more like Ajayi than Duke would be... they'd need a between the tackles guy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: wojo_dew
no...i find it funny how we finally have quality depth and people want to trade it away. not speaking specifically to DeepSouth but I've heard about Ogbah, Kinard, Devalve, Corbett, etc

Agreed. Why would we trade Duke? What happens if our own RB goes down?

Nick Chubb is not ready to replace Hyde. He doesn't do all that Hyde does yet. Duke is a very complete back. He runs hard with a tough stiff arm, he can block, he's a great threat as a pass catcher. He can go inside and outside.

Chubb does not have all those talents.

Carlos goes down and we don't have Duke, and then what? This team is getting ready to roll, why trade away one of our best safety blankets?

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
What makes you think that Duke can run the route tree?

I'm not being snarky, but don't you think we would have seen more of him at WR already if he was a good route runner?

All i got is WISHFUL THINKING .... sad but true ...

He’s a smart guy and a vet .... here’s to hoping ... its all i got dawg ... wish i had more ... *L* ..

I’m SCARED Vers ... Callaway is ready for spot duty he’s no where’s near ready ... neither is Whillie ... u know who i mean ... *L*.. and i like him .... i just don’t see them being ready for a full time roll or even splitting one ...

So i have to HOPE duke can do it ... thumbsup

Bake lost his security blanket ... the guy he had the most reps with ...

I really hope DeValve’s ready ...

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
I like Duke. I would like to see him get 8-10 carries a game out of the backfield. He is definitely being under utilized...

Legend
Legend
He's especially good when we run out of the shotgun (like we did the final drive last game)

Legend
Legend
No. Might demand the OC start using him more. he is doing a bunch of what we want or might need. I think he has value and skills in a number of directions. If it was an outrageous offer, we should listen and consider.

Keep him.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not saying a trade cannot happen but why trade a very good RB that wanted to be here when being here wasn't cool ???

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
He's especially good when we run out of the shotgun (like we did the final drive last game)

Duke's routinely shown that he'll use every touch he has and try to run through every defender, if he can't run by them. I'm lowkey pissed that all of our RBs are playing very well. We need to find a way to get more than one on the field at the same time. That's what balance is to me *mike leach voice*

Legend
Legend
It'll be interesting if we retain Hyde ... a lot depends on Chubb's ability to block

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
What do you mean by 'entertain'? I'd always answer the phone and listen to the offer, if that's what you mean.

But no I'm not looking to move him. We're in the middle of the season, you don't go out to trade a good player who (as far as I can tell) is a good teammate on a reasonable contract.

The focus is on beating the Chargers on Sunday.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Dorsey has to entertain any legitimate trade offer. If an offer is made he will listen, then counter. If an agreement can be made the deal will get done. Having said that. I don't see it happening, but who knows?

This... We are now 5 weeks into the season, Dorsey and staff have a pretty good understanding of what our needs are and what would make us better, whether it's a player or a draft pick..

We have Hyde and Chubb, both have looked good at times... Hyde runs very hard, Chubb has shown big play ability.. Chubb is a liability in the passing game because he consistently misses blocks.. we have to consider the possibility of injury. What if we trade Duke and the next week one of those two goes down, especially Hyde? We are left with Chubb (who has not shown he can be an every-down back and who else?

Dorsey should entertain their offer, but if it were me, I doubt Philly would not be willing to give up what I would want to pull the trigger..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
And another thing.. if Philly believes they are in their window to win championships and think they have the possibility of repeating, they should throw a 1st or 2nd at the Steelers for Le'Veon Bell and just go for it...

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Philly should try to acquire Shady McCoy. Dude never wanted to leave Philly in the first place. Chip Kelly ran him out of there.

Shady knows Peterson's offense and has thrived in it in the past. He is also getting older and is expensive, thus Buffalo might be willing to deal him because they are not going to the playoffs this year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Do we dare entertain a Duke trade to Philly?

Link Copied to Clipboard