Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Hue has been a lighting rod on this board over the last 2 years ... not gonna go over the history ... just a few points about the past and then on to today ...

His first two years here I said more than once he was quite possibly the worst coach for that team ... he took losing worse than most and i was worried for his health at points in both the first two years ... he had the deck so stacked against him ... it took his toll ...

He also made his share of BONEHEADED MISTAKES ... not going to go over them ... he was dealt the worst hand ever and he made some mistakes ...

He was wearing two hats .... the ONE THING no one could dispute was that the team did not quit not him .. they were PLAYING just as hard on the last snap of the year as they were the first ... THEY NEVER QUIT ....

That said something positive about hue right there ....

Then in the off season ...

- we bring in Dorsey who WORKS WITH HUE and the other coaches ... gets hem the types of players they want ....

- we bring in an OC FREEING HUE up to be a HEAD COACH ... hue has entirely different job ...

- we bring in a boatload of talent and we have a QB that we can work with ...

Then we get to see Hue on hard knocks ... man ... was I IMPRESSED with hos he handled the team ....

He way he subtle let Bake know he had to work as hard and show up when TT did .. THAT WAS GREAT how he handled that ...

Same with Ward and i can’t remember who ...

We get a glimpse of Hue walking that fine line between having his players want to run through a brick wall for him and them not having any respect for him .... most players coaches are not respected by there teams ... not the case with hue ... not even close ...

Fast forward to the locker room scenes ... Hues been great ... GREAT ... and u can tell the guys love him ....

Hue is handling things in the PRESS WAY BETTER ... I couldn’t even listen to him the last couple years ... he’s much calmer now and not all over the place ... hes saying all the right things ...

I’M REALLY IMPRESSED with him off the field and more importantly ON THE FIELD ... he’s handling this team PERFECTLY in the locker room ... “keep pushing” .... love that theme .. LOVE IT ...

- the plan with Bake was the right one ... blowing the plan up was the right move also ...

- Hue got blasted for the Harrison move .... perfect example of “ we don’t know what we don’t know” ... BIGGEST NO BRAINER EVER ....

- the team has not quit on him ... we bounce back in games and after heartbreaking losses that were taken from us ... i was so IMPRESSED with how that young team bounced right back after the Faider debacle ...

NOT QUITING is a direct reflection on him ...

- he’s much calmer on the sidelines and is making good decisions .... no bone head time mgmt. moves so far ... although i wont lie ... if he was settling for a 45 or so yard FG against the rats in OT i was gonna be PLENTY UPSET ... Duke Gaines enough so we’ll never know ...

- SPECIAL TEAMS improved last week ... they weren’t perfect ... BUT THEY IMPROVED ... i believe that Hue took them over ... I have no proof of that ... just my gut feeling and it makes sense ...

They PLAYED MUCH BETTER ...

- one penalty ....

- blocked FG ...

- Peppers had two 12 yard returns that took us from our 10 to our 22 ... one at the end of the 1st half witch led to a TD and one at the end of OT witch led to the GAME WINNER ... YESSSSSssss

IMO .. thats a direct reflection on Hue ...

IMO Hue is the PERFECT COACH for this young team .... he’s a great teacher and knows how to motivate these guys ....

Dawgs ... THE FUTURES BRIGHT IN C-TOWN ....

Ya’all can fight an bicker all ya want ... i’m GONNA ENJOY IT ... thumbsup

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Hue got lots of flak over the past 2 seasons and some was merited. However, I like Hue 2.0 - he’s obviously a good man manager, the team is behind him as you say and he has coached some pretty good games this year. I love what I’m seeing holistically here - long may it continue to grow.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Hue is 2-2-1 in my mind...and I'm good with that. The past is the past. He deserves a fair amount of credit as the HC. He needs to keep getting better.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
The quality I recognized during the worst of times...the two year losing streak...most of the players did not quit on Hue.

I belive Hue did all he could to make the analytics thing work, but the communication between front office, ownership and head coach was lacking.

When Dorsey was hired, he looked for positives and the fact that the players never quit on their HC was not ignored by Dorsey.

Bringing in Haley allowed Hue to focus more of his time being a full time head coach..so far it seems to working. do

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Yep, I agree. I've always been willing to give him his rightful chance after the last two, horrid seasons were beyond his control.

I'm even okay with giving him next year (even if we only win like 4 games this year)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Hue is 2-2-1 in my mind...and I'm good with that. The past is the past. He deserves a fair amount of credit as the HC. He needs to keep getting better.

Thanks Willie .... I forgot ... as far as I’m concerned Coach Jackson has a career record of 9 - 39 coming into this year and in HIS NEW JOB with us he’s

2 - 2 - 1 ....

So far ... i like what I’m seeing on many different fronts .... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I would add that most fans would be thrilled if this year had unfolded the way it has under a different head coach. Our record is just ok, but we really should be 3-1-1 right now if the refs hadn't screwed us at the end of the Raiders game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Even at 2-2-1, this team has been in every game until the final whistle.

That's all most of us were hoping to see this year, signs of progress, signs that we could compete with any of the other 31 teams, signs that we are no longer a bye-week for other teams.

And a large portion of that is thanks to Hue Jackson's ability to keep these guys fighting through all the adversity.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 10/10/18 10:42 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Yep, I agree. I've always been willing to give him his rightful chance after the last two, horrid seasons were beyond his control.

I'm even okay with giving him next year (even if we only win like 4 games this year)

I don't think all was out of his control. He is the guy who wanted to run the O and be head coach.

None the less, the team is winning and we are looking good. I hope it continues. It's fun to go to the stadium and watch games.

Hue has had to deal with a lot of pressure the last 2 years. I am glad the pressure in the cooker has been relieved once Baker got his shot. What a difference that made.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
For whatever reason, the players seems to love Hue Jackson. They play hard for him and played hard for him the last two years as well. He has issues, but they haven’t reared their head so far this year. I hope we keep winning and he gets to keep his job.

Legend
Legend
They do seem to love him. Certainly Joe T does. That's good enough for me. I'm just glad that Sashi screwed up the trade paperwork and we didn't waste any picks on McCarron.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I keep hearing that we're so close to being 5-0. We are also that close to being 0-5. The reason we're not is largely due to the coaches keeping the players focused and motivated the entire game. Hue's not standing on the sideline with that beaten, dumbfounded look on his face. He's fired up.

Anybody here would have said they'd be happy at .500 this point in the season.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Hue was put in a terrible position.

Taking over a franchise that had been well below average for a very long time.
A team whose GM's over the past 12+ years failed miserably to bring in the right players to bring this franchise up to respectability.

With that being said, he came into a regime that was ready to tear down what we did have to build a foundation of draft picks and cap space. They accomplished phase 1 of the plan to a T.

I don't know of any coach that could have succeeded in that situation. Maybe a couple could have won 4-5 games over the first 2 years but nobody was getting more than 5 in either season. PERIOD. The fact that we did not win 4-5 a year put us in position to draft 3 difference makers over the last 2 drafts. I believe Garrett & Ward are top 3 players at their position right now and that Baker will ascend to the top very soon.

I believe Dorsey showing belief in Hue gave him the confidence to take his profession to the next level. Hue might not be there yet, but he seems on his way.

I believe both coordinators have had their chances as head coaches and they are probably out of the running for another gig. This should help with being consistent and building on accomplishments as opposed to hitting the reset button every two years as we have become used to.

Hue has not been perfect, but he has done an admirable job keeping his players focused and hungry. It seems to be paying off. I feel bringing an OC in has helped him concentrate on certain facets of the game that he could just not commit the time to in previous seasons.

Hue is our coach and is doing a great job this season. I hope this team continues to improve and that this coaching staff and front office are together for a long time. If this happens, this forum will be a great place to celebrate and the Island will be a capacity!

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue has been the worst head coach in the history of football and has the record to prove it. His team however is playing some really good football and they have some serious talent.

He is at a crossroads and he will have to win games or u will see every coach calling Dorsey saying keep me in mind, I can win with these guys.

He has this team believing. He has a fantastic staff and the players do play hard for him. Now however is the hard part. Nothing can get a coach fired quicker than great expectations.

Its a really young team and they gotta keep winning. We loose 2 and vultures start circling.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
In Hue's first attempt as a head coach, he went 8-8 with a Raiders team that had not sniffed a .500 record in quite a few years.

I do not think his record in his first 2 years is indicative of the coach he is. It is much more a statement of how bad the GM's for the Browns were the previous ten years prior to Hue getting here. As well as getting here at the same time Sashi sacrificed 2 seasons to compile draft picks and cap space.

You can blame Hue for that if you choose, or you can look at the big picture and see the reality of the situation.

I feel Dorsey believed Hue is a good coach. That is why he is still here. John Dorsey knows more than any of us.

Haters going to hate. That's the bottom line.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It would seem that John Dorsey completely disagrees with you and I'm glad he could see what the real problem was. ( see sig. for reference. )

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have been critical and not admitting I am wrong about Hue yet, but let me say I am getting rid of his 1-31 in my mind and giving a fresh beginning with his 2-2-1 record ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Here's one thing to think about: let's say Hue is fired

This job might actually be a WANTED one now with Baker

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: DawgPound75
In Hue's first attempt as a head coach, he went 8-8 with a Raiders team that had not sniffed a .500 record in quite a few years.

That's just not true. Tom Cable coached the team to 8-8 the year before Hue was the head coach. Before that it had been quite some time though.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Here's one thing to think about: let's say Hue is fired

This job might actually be a WANTED one now with Baker

I think that was part of the whole thought process.

The team stunk the last two years. Ok fine, I agree with that. Maybe not to the extent that 1-31 can be excused away but I get where people are coming from.

Haslam was also quick to make coaching changes in the past, firing 3 head coaches since taking over the team in 2012.

Poor talent, losing culture, quick trigger finger are not desirable qualities for the top head coaching candidates.

So we rebuild the roster and see what Hue can do with it. Best case scenario, he turns out to be a great coach and we don't have to worry about this anymore. If not, the talent on the team is much better now, we just stuck with a coach who went 0-16 so you can't get much more loyal than that, and it's just a much more attractive opening going forward. But let's hope that last part is a moot point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watching him on Hard Knocks was a nice way to get a glimpse into his coaching/management style. He's very impressive as a people manager, and I gain new respect for him as a leader. I really have to give him credit for taking all the heat and staying the course. My hat is tipped as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't like Hue as the HC of the Browns, but He "IS" the HC of the Browns,

At this point, I could partially think they're better off stuck with him than what it would mean to re-do everything, but it's the Haslem's choice.

Do ya think, The Browns struggles to get points in the first halves of games,
does that point to the Coaching doing a "good" job preparing a plan to win during the week; because I don't.

Well there's no sense to "hate", so Go Team, and Win again!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It would seem that John Dorsey completely disagrees with you and I'm glad he could see what the real problem was. ( see sig. for reference. )

I don't know what he could see other than he wanted to be a GM again. I think Jimmy made it clear the job came with keeping Hue. I don't know that Doresy had any choice but to keep Hue.

I am not going to argue with you. You think what you want.

The bottom line is Hue is OK as long as we keep winning. The players like him and play hard. I have never had a problem with that. I respect that.

Not sure what you are wanting out of me? I haven't been harping on Hue. I have said all along it was about winning and not making stupid decisions. Thus far he has only made a few dumb decisions. All coaches can do that.

If we win he can stick around for decades.

I do have one questions, but it isn't a biggie....the way things changed when Mayfield came in to the game....I can't believe people didn't see that.

I think not giving the kid any reps with the ones was one of the dumb decisions.

All said, it isn't about Hue anymore.

I'm good. I hope it stays that way because for me it is all about winning some games. I'm happy.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Might be a good thing considering how we've whittled our WR group down, how rotation based our rb usage is and now that DeValve is back. I really applaud Hue for everything he's done. If I go to another Browns' game this year, I'll be sure to stop in at the DT tailgate, so they can grill the shoe that I deservedly need to eat.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Might be a good thing considering how we've whittled our WR group down, how rotation based our rb usage is and now that DeValve is back. I really applaud Hue for everything he's done. If I go to another Browns' game this year, I'll be sure to stop in at the DT tailgate, so they can grill the shoe that I deservedly need to eat.

You don't need to eat anything. I know i don't.

I based things on results and not hope. Hue still has one of the worst records in the history of the sport. Nothing can change that.

That said, every year is a new year and I don't hold previous seasons against him this season. Just like i don't hold other seasons against him, people shouldn't hold past seasons against you or I

1-31? Nobody can say that was any good. Football, and any business for that matter is a no excuse business. CEO's get blamed all the time for variables they can't control, but if the stock price drops a few years in a row, guess what? I mention CEO's because Hue mentioned it some time back.

As long as we win, Hue can be the CEO. I want my dividends and equity increase. When the stock goes up, everybody is happy.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
You come across as not being sincere. You twice brought up Baker, as if he is making Hue look good.

Duh!

You think McCarthy would look good w/Kizer? Would Reid? Belichick?

A couple of us have maintained that you and several others were being unfair and we wanted to see Hue w/at least some talent. You could not accept that. Be a man and admit you were wrong.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering if anyone would have the guts to make a thread like this.

I have to say that I gained some respect for you and WSU for your takes. They seem honest.

cfrs? Eh, not sure about that.

peen is still deflecting and guys like Memphis, Vambo, device, etc have avoided the topic.

Here is my take on Hue:

I wasn't as high on him as most of the board when we hired him. I liked him, but I thought this "Whisperer" thing was being overblown.

I questioned his ability to evaluate qbs early on. I even took a lot of grief for it. I never questioned his ability to work w/qbs because I read the testimonials from qbs and coaches.

When things went south, just as I knew they would, I started to defend Hue because I thought so many people were being unfair. I mentioned some of them above.

I never really said that Hue was a good coach. Maybe once or twice. What I did say is that no one would win w/the rosters he was given. I still believe that. I also said that I would evaluate him after he got some talent to work with.

I think it is too early to properly evaluate Hue, just as it is w/Baker. But, the early results has me liking both guys. I didn't like Baker before the draft, but the guy is changing my mind. And I am "man" enough to admit instead of hanging on to some stupid agenda. And that is why I am giving you and WSU some props.

I think Hard Knocks gave us a very good look at just how great of a leader and motivator Hue is. He holds guys accountable while being a player's coach.

This is important and if you take nothing away from my entire post, take this one w/you: You can't be a player's coach and then later hold guys accountable. It doesn't work like that. You hold them accountable and then start passing out accolades and giving them time off. We saw this on Hard Knocks and we see it in the post game victory celebrations inside the locker room.

He has these guys believing. That's huge, especially considering all the crap this team has endured.

I watch a lot of games and other people admit they don't, yet they nitpick on Hue's game management and never mention what goes on w/other coaches. I'm here to tell you that all coaches make some questionable decisions, just as all qbs make some questionable throws, or RBs make questionable cuts, or defenders take questionable tackles, etc, etc.

Hue is actually one of the better guys in the league w/how he manages games. People can nitpick, but his errors are not nearly as egregious as most coaches.

I think this team is headed in the right direction. I believe we have a good:

--GM
--QB
--Edge rusher
--CB
--OC
--DC

and yes, a

--HC

Stop hating people and jump on the band wagon.

We aren't quite there yet in regards to talent, but we are awfully close. Let this group grow.......TOGETHER!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I liked Hue when we hired him but he soured a bit on me last year. Although I knew he likely had to much on his plate with the offense taking up time and the purge of talent making it tough for any coach.

Now when Dorsey said we wasn't gonna change the HC the one and only reason I didn't freak out was I knew the players loved him and not only played hard for him they never quit.
When you like 0 for your last 12 games and you watch the players getting after it Jes like they did when they was 0-1 that spoke volumes to me.
That was about all I liked at the time but I though maybe Mr.Dorsey knew a little bit more that is going on than makes the weekly wiper.

I was willing to look at it like a clean slate because he had a good OC to go with the DC and for the first time since rebirth we looked to have been shaping the roster with very good talent.
There would be no excuses now. I do believe that too.
IMO as long as we continue to play hard for Hue and we are always competitive in the majority of the games this year we can be in the 6-8 win total column and with all seriousness Hue could very well be a coach of the year candidate.
That might sound stupid but if that happens you just might see stupid become reality.
Will the isle not be filling so much that we have to build more condos then to accommodate all the newcomers or what smile
GO BROWNS!!!

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
V
Legend
Legend
V
That is a fair post in my opinion.

I want to say this.

I think this year is about 3 or 4 things.

1. Develop the young talent. And that certainly includes Baker.

2. Learn how to win games rather than lose them. This is going to probably go back and forth all season long. We'll lose some close ones, but hopefully, we will win some. I think the Baltimore victory was huge in this regard.

3. Develop some continuity and stop the roster upheaval that comes w/changes to the FO and coaching staff.

4. Develop a positive atmosphere around the team. Say goodbye to the Factory of Sadness. End the fact that free agents won't come here. Create a positive buzz surrounding the team. Make "Believeland" a real thing!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

3. Develop some continuity and stop the roster upheaval that comes w/changes to the FO and coaching staff.

4. Develop a positive atmosphere around the team. Say goodbye to the Factory of Sadness. End the fact that free agents won't come here. Create a positive buzz surrounding the team. Make "Believeland" a real thing!

All are very true but a TON of truths to 3 and 4.

Well thought post.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
L
Legend
Legend
L
I never viewed Hue as a coach without flaws, but I never one said he should be fired - he sure seems like a leader. Players keep fighting for him.

We've had such crap talent for him to work with, but those days are gone and now we can begin assessing him in a fair and rational way.

You can't win the Kentucky Derby on the back of a donkey.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I'm not completely sold on Hue as our coach to take us to the next level purely from an in-game decision-making point of view.

He has won me over completely from a leadership and people management point of view.

Ultimately, I think we need a Sean McVay type to take the team to the promised land.

Legend
Legend
When Hue was hired by the Browns it was considered a huge win.

He came to Cleveland with the reputation of being a good communicator and an offensive minded coach who could work well with quarterbacks.

There is no way any coach could have won with the rosters he had. Period.

All coaches are driven people. The pressure to win is enormous. It had to be torture to know how bad the team was and still face the pressure to win.

The only way he could be honestly judged with the lack of talent; did the players play hard for him?

That is why he remained the head coach.

Now he has some young talent. Dorsey has been masterful.

Now we can honestly judge if Hue can coach.

So far; so good.

We have 11 games to go. My guess is we do pretty good.

Hopefully the continuity we have all wanted happens.

If so the future looks bright.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I do want to disagree w/you on something. Maybe not disagree, but at least question.

You brought up that you think Hue took over the special teams and that is why they improved.

I support Hue, but bro, I highly doubt that happened. I'm not saying it didn't, but I doubt it.

People who don't know football were talking a lot of smack about "scheme" earlier. I'm here to tell you that Special Team's schemes are not very complicated. LMAO.

And if you don't believe me, do a freaking search on it. It's about maintaining lanes and not over pursuing. It's not freaking rocket science. That crap was just posters trying to look smart and they didn't have a clue about how special teams actually work.

I think the emphasis as probably more about if you guys don't start improving, you are gone.

I can't give Hue credit for the improved special team's play last week.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 10/10/18 09:58 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Hue has been the worst head coach in the history of football and has the record to prove it. His team however is playing some really good football and they have some serious talent.

He is at a crossroads and he will have to win games or u will see every coach calling Dorsey saying keep me in mind, I can win with these guys.

He has this team believing. He has a fantastic staff and the players do play hard for him. Now however is the hard part. Nothing can get a coach fired quicker than great expectations.

Its a really young team and they gotta keep winning. We loose 2 and vultures start circling.

Statistically speaking he may be the worst coach, but this is a completely silly statement if you consider the circumstances..... the fact is that he was brought in before the teardown, and suffered through the darkest days...

No one in their right mind signs up for that ticket...

Things are easier now, winning changes that.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Hue has not had great talent to work with here and now he does. We were in full moneyball mode last couple years and it served its purpose clearly. No team admits it but it’s pretty obvious. So ya... Hue is 2-2-1 in my book.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Actually vers Hue was on the record after the oakland game that he was going to focus on helping special teams for the baltimore game. Not take over but just focus on helping it.

Back to the thread.

My signature has remained the same since we hired Hue. Why? Because he is a master at motivating players. He is extremely gifted at it. I don't think he is brilliant at X's and O's but he is decent on offense. He is the type of head coach who relies on his coordinators quite a bit. Players and coaches all love him and respect him. They play hard as they can for him. That is all you can ask from a HC. There are very few coaches like Bill B. who are geniuses with all sides of the ball and is dictating to his coordinators.

Another big element that I think people underestimate is that Dorsey and the owner love Hue too. It's the first time since 1999 that we have had a situation where the GM and HC are in sync with mutual respect for each other. We also have an owner that is far more experienced and who has learned a lot from his mistakes. I think Hue learned a lot too.

For the first time in a long time we have a viable front office and full coaching staff. This could be something special for a long time if we can keep all these folks together and in unison. I never had high expectations for this season but the way it's going now it's making me really excited for next season along with some slight hope for a 500 season this year. I would be so crazy happy with an 8-8 season.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Its very clear,that not only this year but the years before that HUE is holding the team down.

The team has always been much better than Hue, that is/should be crystal clear to all.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am being sincere. I wasn't wrong so there is no need for me to man up and say i was wrong.

As I said last year and again this year. Once the decision was made to go with Hue, I don't hold any of the past as having anything to do with this year, at least on the small scale. This is this year and it is looking pretty good. Way to go Hue.

The only results that count at this point are the results we attain on a weekly basis. I am not thinking about stupid decisions or losses from past seasons. Who wants to think about that?

I am thinking about being up there this Sunday watching the Browns play the Chargers. Should be a good test. Win or lose, if we can hang with them, we are doing pretty good.

I am hoping we finally put it together with both sides of the ball giving a top performance. We have come close in other games, but it seemed like one side lack a little. Maybe this week the O puts up 34 and the D allows 17.

Go Browns.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Its very clear,that not only this year but the years before that HUE is holding the team down.

The team has always been much better than Hue, that is/should be crystal clear to all.

I can agree in past years that happened. I am not seeing it this year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Tip of my hat to Mr. Jackson ...

Link Copied to Clipboard