Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't like this trade, we just weakened our RB group for a crappy draft pick. Hyde could bully his way for tough yards, not an easy guy to tackle.

Nor do I care about cap savings.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
If Tretter can't go this weekend, we could be starting a rookie C, QB, RB, LT, and WR. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I don't like this trade, we just weakened our RB group for a crappy draft pick. Hyde could bully his way for tough yards, not an easy guy to tackle.

I don't believe this, but is there a chance the front office wants Johnson and Chubb to play more but the coaching staff won't oblige them? Removing Hyde from the team makes things a bit easier.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
If Tretter can't go this weekend, we could be starting a rookie C, QB, RB, LT, and WR. crazy

He's playing.

Legend
Legend
I think Hyde played for blocking purposes more than anything ... and then we saw him NOT block well and figured he wasn't worth it now with Chubb/Duke more talented

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
It seems like we should have gotten more for him. The Hilliard promotion now makes sense.

Makes me wonder if we have something else in the works - WR or CB maybe.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clwb419
It seems like we should have gotten more for him.

I am surprised we got as much as we did. Running backs like Hyde are pretty easy to come by.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker better have his head on a swivel. Chubb can’t block and Duke can’t pick up a blitz. Good luck Mayfield. More sacks, more hurried throws.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
The rare quintuple oof:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At first I was like ..What.. I felt having a Veteran to help Chubb would be nice...then my dumb ass remembered..DUKES a Veteran..

It will Give Chubb and Duke more of the ball. Maybe even Hilliard will see more.

I actually trust what Dorsey is doing...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I am surprised we got as much as we did. Running backs like Hyde are pretty easy to come by.

Yeah. I think a 5th is appropriate. That gives us 3 fifths next year.

Someone mentioned that maybe the front office pulled the rug out from under Hue and the coaches by trading Hyde. I would guess that Dorsey and Hue decided this together, as they have most of the other roster decisions since Dorsey was hired.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Browns are trading RB Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville, source tells ESPN.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053365924328366080

I understand the logic, but I like Hyde and I am sorry to see him go elsewhere.

I thought that the Jags where set @ RB?

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Seems like they're fed up with Fournette

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Quote:
I would guess that Dorsey and Hue decided this together

You can guess whatever you'd like, of course. And I'm not suggesting Dorsey went behind anyone's back. But Hue is the one that called Tyrod the starter the instant he was traded for because he wanted a vet to win games. He loved Landry as a vet leader and his past production. I'm not sure how trading the vet bell cow for a guy with only 16 carries aligns with the past trends. Hue was also gushy over Gordon coming back (see Hard Knocks) and we all know what happened next.

Bottom line, I don't think Dorsey is getting, or wanting, Hue's approval on anything. This is a very good thing, by the way. A very good thing.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Baker better have his head on a swivel. Chubb can’t block and Duke can’t pick up a blitz. Good luck Mayfield. More sacks, more hurried throws.

Not to mention more 2nd and 13 and 14’s ....

Hyde has his problems but he would take 3 or 4 yard lossess and get back to the line ...

I get u want to play Chubb more ... i get that ... but why u have to do it ALL AT ONCE and why u gotta trade our DEPTH and if your gonna do it ... its gotta be for more than a 5th round pick ...

thumbsdown to Dorsey on this one ...

VALUE isn’t close to there ...

Oh well ...

GO NICK!!!!

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Browns gonna brown...
He is the only back on this roster that can pick up the blitz or convert short yardage.

On the other hand, maybe this is just an early Christmas for Hyde.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
... I don't think Dorsey is getting, or wanting, Hue's approval on anything.

I simply don't know. However, there won't be 100% agreement on every move or proposed move...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Seems like they're fed up with Fournette

Fournette’s out til more than likely after the bye ... they need help ... they signed Jamal Charles last week and he got like 20 snaps and maybe 6 or 7 touches ...

It was a 5th round pick ... thats a crap shoot at best ...

It was worth the roll of the dice to them ...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I don't believe this, but is there a chance the front office wants Johnson and Chubb to play more but the coaching staff won't oblige them? Removing Hyde from the team makes things a bit easier.

Maybe moneyball is still alive? Athletics traded Carlos so that Hatteberg could play because the manager refused to use him. We just traded Carlos after several weeks of hearing we need to get the other two guys touches without it coming to fruition.

Hmmmmm....

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I see this as a move that, while not waving the white flag, signals that the FO is more concerned with next season. I think between the issues with Gordon and all of the injuries it is not worth sacrificing capital for a few more wins this year. I don’t particularly like this move but I guess I get it. If Dorsey is certain that Chubb is our future and then I guess you take the best offer that you think you are going to get.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I don't get all these people saying Duke can't pick up the blitz. He has always been pretty good at it. I guess because he missed one this year and people only remember that, that he sucks at it. Also Duke has always gotten the extra yard or two when carrying the ball. I don't get how people are putting his stock at a low level right now.

Hyde was a one year rental the minute they drafted Chubb. We are six games in and Chubb is ready IMO. Now with Duke in the game, defenses won't automatically think it is a pass play.

Those dissing Duke's ability, are the same ones complaining about him not getting enough touches. Go figure

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Hmmmmm....

Conspiracy theories are alive and well. Hmmmmm...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Funny I was just looking at the game day thread and the common theme was get Chubb and Duke more touches. Fickle fans

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
Hyde was absolutely terrible. Johnson and Chubb were better in nearly every way.

I expect the offense will flourish now that 3 YPC Hyde is gone.

Looking at the stat line you could make that case.

Watching the games and how hard Hyde ran - I couldn't disagree more.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
I see this as a move that, while not waving the white flag, signals that the FO is more concerned with next season. I think between the issues with Gordon and all of the injuries it is not worth sacrificing capital for a few more wins this year. I don’t particularly like this move but I guess I get it. If Dorsey is certain that Chubb is our future and then I guess you take the best offer that you think you are going to get.

If this is true, I'd be very disappointed. At some point it has to stop being about the future and start being about now. There's still 10 games left in this season. Seasons matter. None of us is getting any younger.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
This is truly shocking! Either Dorsey really sees something in the 2019 draft or there was something going on behind the scenes. I don't think it's necessarily confidence in Chubb handling the powerback role or else he'd been given more opportunity the previous 2 weeks. Who knows?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Name one team that ever wanted to “win now” and traded a competent and competitive player. This move is the proverbial throwing in of the towel on this season. I feel bad for people who were naive enough to buy season tickets.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 10/19/18 06:26 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm OK with it.

3.4 yards a carry isn't cutting it.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I guess that makes sense. I was thinking 4th rounder because he was our main back and the cap hit. But looking at the numbers, the dead cap is only $2.3m. Still makes me wonder what else we have in the works.

M
Legend
Legend
M
the cap saving is insignificant.
the 5th rounder is really not anything to write home about.
the loss of depth and leadership is significant.

Hyde got all the tough yards and fought through defensive fronts and softened the D for Chubb - as others have said when Chubb was in early, he looked way worse than Hyde ...... AND ...... we've now got two very iffy pass blocking RB's.

I don't like the trade. I am not going to hate on Dorsey.... it may yet work out. Let's see the result on the field of play. But - risk / reward ... I don't see the need to do it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Funny I was just looking at the game day thread and the common theme was get Chubb and Duke more touches. Fickle fans

It is rather amusing.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni
Name one team that ever wanted to “win now” and traded a competent and competitive player. This move is the proverbial throwing in of the towel on this season. I feel bad for people who were naive enough to buy season tickets.

Patriots every other year tongue

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think Hues leash is a lot shorter than most think

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s...ncart_big-photo

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Name one team that ever wanted to “win now” and traded a competent and competitive player.

Patriots...Jamie Collins.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Didn't see any 'Dorsey is an idiot' comments on the 1st page. lol.

Wish we would have gotten more, at the very least a 4th.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
All Pro
All Pro
This move is the proverbial throwing in of the towel on this season.

This is the feeling I get with the brutal part of the schedule coming up. Hate to say I have seen this movie already... but I got that old familiar feeling starting to creep in...

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
With Chubb and Duke in the backfield dude was expendable. He wasn't here for the long haul anyways.

They probably felt like they needed to get what they could get for him now. Who knows what his value would be after the season.

He isn't a game changer, and while he is a bull and a veteran, obviously, they are comfortable enough with the guys behind him to move him now.

Chubb and Duke are the future, and with BM at the helm, minds well embrace the future....

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
Maybe we can flip that 5th rounder for a WR on a struggling team

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I think Hues leash is a lot shorter than most think

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s...ncart_big-photo

It did kind of strike me as a vote of no confidence in the coaches' ability to give the "right guys" snaps.

Not a huge fan of the trade. What we got in return doesn't seem worth it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Trade RB Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville.

Link Copied to Clipboard