Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
It's not a tank move IMO, but it's not a smart one, for reasons I already elaborated upon.

I certainly hope Chubbs is going to be better in pass protection than he has been.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd rate Hyde well above a dime a dozen RB - but I agree with the rest of your post mostly. But Chubb is an unknown, and he's a rookie. Is he going to hit the wall around game 12 like most do?

I love Duke - but he can't carry the rock 25 times a game if Chubb falters. As I said - risk/reward - I don't see the value in trading away quality depth and leadership for a 5th round pick.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Then maybe you should try to not present your statement as fact...

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bonefish
One more thing. This trade may be part of another where the fifth rounder is used.

If it was up to Vers, this would be a bogus comment and not a fact. The fact you the word "may", makes me think this is your opinion....and I agree, it could be where this is headed.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 10/19/18 09:13 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie
Then maybe you should try to not present your statement as fact...

Go away. I can't help it you can't read with comprehension.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie
Dorsey decided we were playing the wrong guy too much.

Link?

It is all opinion at this point.....so what is your point.

Link that my opinion is wrong.....

You stated it as a fact.

Sorry man....I said I think.

Tell me what that means?

Is that not implied that it is my opinion? You are a smart guy.

When I know what I am talking about as a fact, I just state it as a fact and people can take it how they want.

Actually, you did not say "I think..." Here is what you said that some of objected to:

Quote:
Dorsey decided we were playing the wrong guy too much.

Rather than interfere with Hue and tell him who to play, just trade the guy he wanted to play and give him no choice..

Once again, can you please stop w/turning every damn thread into a Bash Hue thread?

This reminds me of so many other threads, such as the Livinston article that was about if "Hue was the HC in name only." Do y'all know how dumb you looked after Hard Knocks came out?

Stop! Please.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think he's above average. I liked the work he did in his six-game career as a Brown.

Big, ran with toughness.

gmstrong

-----------------

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bonefish
One more thing. This trade may be part of another where the fifth rounder is used.

If it was up to Vers, this would be a bogus comment and not a fact. The fact you the word may makes me think this is your opinion....and I agree, it could be where this is headed.

He used the word "may." That is completely different from your post.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Correct.

gmstrong

-----------------

V
Legend
Legend
V
peen is the same guy who was going on about how "weak" Hue was in the episode where Hue found out he lost his mother and was back on the field 1 hour later.

That's the kind of guy peen is.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
No I don’t think I will. You’re making stuff up, and are acting like a child when called out on it.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
jc

Hyde is a fine RB.

Did you all notice we have a crap OL before bagging on Hyde?

Hyde has 20 first down runs, 116 attempts Chubb and Duke have 10 in 35 attempts. This regime is big on Numbers and these numbers are telling a story. that crap OL is blocking pretty good for the other 2 guys.

Tell me all about on Sunday after we lose and you guys' heads are popping off.

Lmao you are definitely mad. Most definitely a Bucknut.

Most of us are happy that the running game is moving out of the 70's.

you had a good run Hank.
V
Legend
Legend
V
She's in Atlanta.

The Ohio State argument is lame.

B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt, I am a bad guy.

I said my wife watched hard knocks and said she felt that Hue was a weak man. She said she didn't like the man. I value her opinion.

I am not bashing Hue at all.......you'll know it when I do, if I do.

I do admire how you stick up for the guy. The guy is a loser but you stick by his side.

I know, don't state that as a fact.....but hey, it is a fact.

Just don't lose 10 games. I have said that many times. The tie helps Hue. My number is 10 losses. We can't lose 10 games. That isn't unfair.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
See, this is what guys like you do.

This is not a "Hue" thread, but somehow, you turn it into one.

Like I said earlier, this board is dumb.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Peen certainly doesn't need me defending him but he damn sure has the right to comment on him. Winning 3 games in 38 tries is indefensible.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will just say it this way...

I don't like seeing the Browns trade away starters during the middle of the season. Injuries happen, and you need depth more than draft choices.

The move does nothing to address the real issue, which is at WR. As far as I am concerned this was a big gift to Jacksonville. The fifth rounder is laughable...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I get that, but he--and others--do it on every freaking thread.

There is a Hue thread.

This is a trading of Carlos Hyde thread. There is absolutely NO evidence that Dorsey traded Hyde to spite Hue. ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, since Hue said "we need to get Chubb more carries," the opposite is probably true. I am not stating that as a fact. I used the word "probably," which signifies it as an opinion.

One more thing..............I really, really have no use for people who wish for other people to lose their jobs. I mean........that's low.

And it isn't "football talk." It's freaking gossip. Weak and lame.

It was great after we beat the Rats because most of the haters retreated and didn't say a word. We lost last week and they pounced out of their holes again. This team is better, but the negative banter surrounding it this week has been a real downer.

It's shameful!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
5th n save 13 mil vs 3.4 ypa and spending 15 mil

V
Legend
Legend
V
And if Baker gets hurt because Chubb makes a block that is similar to his effort on the whiffed block when we got a punt blocked?

How much do we save then?

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I don't like this trade, we just weakened our RB group for a crappy draft pick. Hyde could bully his way for tough yards, not an easy guy to tackle.

I don't believe this, but is there a chance the front office wants Johnson and Chubb to play more but the coaching staff won't oblige them? Removing Hyde from the team makes things a bit easier.

That is a HUGE assumption. You can say that about anybody on any team that was ever traded.
Matter of fact it was Hue that said he wanted to give Duke and Chubb more carries not Dorsey.
Sure is weird how things take a life of it's own around here.
I liked Hyde to and for me I wouldn't trade him either but I or any of us know what the plan is.
Why do we assume it's a power move. Dorsey is in line with his HC on this move if you wanna go by factual evidence. Not the opposite for sure.

It's Chubb time and that's what we need to rally around.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Sorry Vers.
I didn't read all the replies before I posted mine. You said about the same thing.
You and me are on the same lines.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Solid post, but it will be met w/deaf ears by some.

Btw----------did you notice how many good posters were posting when we won and they disappeared after we lost because of all the BS negativity around here?

I'm not blaming the good posters. I just think they get sick of all this stupid bickering and negativity.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm glad you said it, bro!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I hate to see Hyde go but I am glad that Duke will get more opportunities and really excited about seeing more of Chubb ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Solid post, but it will be met w/deaf ears by some.

Btw----------did you notice how many good posters were posting when we won and they disappeared after we lost because of all the BS negativity around here?

I agree 110%

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I hate to see Hyde go but I am glad that Duke will get more opportunities and really excited about seeing more of Chubb ...

Thanks for being on topic.

I liked Hyde. He was running hard and made something out of nothing as the lead back when teams were expecting the run.

Chubb? I will take a wait and see approach. I don't like bashing the coaches and FO over players too much because they seem them way more than we do. I'm Captain Obvious. LOL

--Duke? I like him. I don't think he should get a ton of touches like some do. No way do I see him as a feature back. I think Hue used him well and I predicted that Haley wouldn't use him as much. Hell, if anything...........I wonder if Hue and Dorsey talked about this trade because Haley wasn't using Chubb and Duke much? I kinda doubt that, but it's more likely than the unlikely proposition that guys like Memphis and peen were throwing out there.

--Again, I am not freaking out over this trade, but I would have liked to have acquired a WR instead of a 5th round pick.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
the timing of this trade is curious.
I wonder if Duke Johnson demanded a trade behind the scenes
the front office valued him over Hyde thus moving Hyde ASAP.
I feel the Browns did not get fair value.
like Vers said I would have wanted Cole or Westbrook in return.
for a team struggling to score.....they just traded their best
TD producer.
Duke Johnson is not going to score many TDs this season.
hes not a TD machine.
Hyde is a more powerful back and matched up better vs the other AFC North teams.
maybe Chubb can be that 20.to 25 carry guy cause Duke is a light weight.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
While this trade does not equate to tanking the season it will hurt the team. Hyde ran hard. Chubb is more explosive but always attempts to make the big play even when not there. That is why he loses yardage on so many of his carries. The defenses in this league are good and some plays getting a 2 to 3 yard gain vs bouncing it outside and losing 2 to 3 yards will hurt this team in the long run. Chubb will learn that in time.

If the team wanted to play Chubb and Duke more then play Chubb and Duke more. Why lose the depth? What happens now if Chubb or Duke get hurt?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni
Name one team that ever wanted to “win now” and traded a competent and competitive player. This move is the proverbial throwing in of the towel on this season. I feel bad for people who were naive enough to buy season tickets.

The Patriots. All the time.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Sure hope Chubb is ready to pass block. I haven’t seen him do well at it much but I don’t see practices so maybe he’s greatly improved. Crossing fingers. He can run so no worries there.

I suspect Dorsey and Hue were on the same page here.. if anyone wasn’t it would be Haley but no real evidence of that as far as I know. This will allow Duke and Chubb to get much more touches. Let’s see how they do.

Just don’t get Baker hurt with poor pass protection is all I ask so Chubb better be ready.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The Gordon trade was dumb and this one is too.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I liked hyde, he ran hard and I felt that gave us some attitude

I agree with vers, I'd rather have the jags 5th receiver than their 5th round draft pick if we were going to trade him.

I wonder if they talked to hyde about a decrease in workload and he wasn't happy about it.

I think this signals the end of tyrod's stay in cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised id he gets traded in the next couple of weeks.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
I think this signals the end of tyrod's stay in cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised id he gets traded in the next couple of weeks.

The Jaguars could use him too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My first thought was the Bills shocked

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BleedsOrange
Sure hope Chubb is ready to pass block. I haven’t seen him do well at it much but I don’t see practices so maybe he’s greatly improved. Crossing fingers. He can run so no worries there.

I suspect Dorsey and Hue were on the same page here.. if anyone wasn’t it would be Haley but no real evidence of that as far as I know. This will allow Duke and Chubb to get much more touches. Let’s see how they do.

Just don’t get Baker hurt with poor pass protection is all I ask so Chubb better be ready.

Hyde has been guilty of the same ... Just the same applied to him also.

[Linked Image]

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I don't like Hyde. He is mediocre at best but his services at back up were worth more than a 5th on a team with a poor passing game.

We already have a severely depleted WR corps due to injury. Now we are 1 injury away at HB from facing total disaster and our HBs are far more likely to get hurt with defenses game planning for it since they know we have no one to throw it to.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As a residual effect of the trade ... I think that now we can get DeValve into the game plan ... Letting Charles be more of a designated FB.

[Linked Image]

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Trade RB Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville.

Link Copied to Clipboard