Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#153856 08/24/07 08:17 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/9348621.html

Offensive coordinator is his old college coach, so playbook is familiar

By George M. Thomas Beacon Journal sportswriter

Published on Friday, Aug 24, 2007

BEREA: With talk around the area about who should be the Browns starting quarterback, Ken Dorsey, the veteran from the University of Miami, has been the forgotten man able to ply his trade in relative anonymity without the glare of the spotlight.

He also may have an inside track when it comes to making the Browns' final roster when cuts begin in earnest next week. Dorsey, along with Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr., worked under the tutelage of new offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski when the coach served in the same position with the Hurricanes. That fact has made transitioning to this new offense easier, the quarterback said.

''I think the offense and the offensive coordinator are tremendous,'' he said. ''It's a great offense for me to be in because you really have to utilize your mind in it making quick decisions and (having) quick reactions on the field.''

Despite that connection, Dorsey knows that other reasons exist for his continued presence in a Browns uniform. Although rookie Brady Quinn had a two-touchdown game last week, Dorsey was more effective than Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson, putting the Browns in the position to score their only other points in the 23-20 loss to the Detroit Lions.

Quinn said Dorsey has been invaluable, helping him to break down film and see how a five-year veteran sees the game.

Dorsey considers that part of his job. ''I think the position I'm in, I'm here to help these guys, and I'm here to be ready to play,'' he said. ''My last year in San Francisco, we kept four quarterbacks, and every one of them played. In this business, you truly never know.''

O-line coming along

Center Hank Fraley said that the team's offensive line, which has been the Achilles' heel since the Browns returned to play in 1999, is coming together despite the absence of guard Eric Steinbach, a prized free-agent acquisition who went down with a knee injury in camp.

''I think we've done it. Eric got to practice with us a week or two out here,'' Fraley said after the final training camp session. ''We're doing well, and I know he's working hard. It will take a couple of plays for him to get back to full speed, but he's a good player, and he's capable of doing it.''

Receivers rebound

After having a day that at best could be called ''off'' Wednesday, the Browns' wide receivers showed a different side in Thursday's practice.

A good sign for the team: Tim Carter, whom the Browns acquired when they traded running back Reuben Droughns to the New York Giants in the offseason, caught everything thrown his way.

Equally impressive was wideout Braylon Edwards, who made a few tough catches.

Coach Romeo Crennel noticed Carter, who hasn't played because of an injured thumb.

''He's making a good recovery, and I think he'll be OK, so we'll let him play in this game and see how he looks,'' Crennel said.

Brownies

The team will be without the services of fullback Lawrence Vickers against the Denver Broncos on Saturday because of a hamstring injury. . . . Charlie Frye made a couple of nice throws while the team ran its red-zone offense. . . . Crennel said the coaches will be looking for efficient play on offense in the third preseason game. . . . Mandatory first cuts for all NFL teams come Tuesday.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 08/24/07 08:20 AM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Does ANYONE on this board think that some kind of conclusion will be reached on the QB situation by the FIRST cutdown on Tuesday?

I don't, I think we go into the fourth and final preseason game with 4 QB's but come out with 3.. JMO but that's when we will make the final decision.. Just my best guess however.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
C
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
I will not surpise me to see all four QB on the roster for the first few games,

Think about it, Frye starts first game get hurt 1st quarter, who goes in, well if we trade or cut Anderson it's Dorsey or Quinn....

But if we wait until 5th or 6th game and make a move than we give Quinn more time to learn offence should Charlie go down and might give front office more time to deal Anderson and get something instead of just cutting him loose, I know were not gonna get much if anything, but hey a 7th is a 7th round pick we didnt have before hand. This will open a roster spot to bring someone off the practice squad in a postion which has been weakened over the last 5 games.

Bottom line the longer we keep 4 QB's the more options it gives us, but only if our roster can afford to carry it for 5-6 weeks.,

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 55
N
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
N
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 55
Quote:

I will not surpise me to see all four QB on the roster for the first few games,

Think about it, Frye starts first game get hurt 1st quarter, who goes in, well if we trade or cut Anderson it's Dorsey or Quinn....

But if we wait until 5th or 6th game and make a move than we give Quinn more time to learn offence should Charlie go down and might give front office more time to deal Anderson and get something instead of just cutting him loose, I know were not gonna get much if anything, but hey a 7th is a 7th round pick we didnt have before hand. This will open a roster spot to bring someone off the practice squad in a postion which has been weakened over the last 5 games.

Bottom line the longer we keep 4 QB's the more options it gives us, but only if our roster can afford to carry it for 5-6 weeks.,




I would rather cut someone who we don't need *cough* Anderson *cough*, and keep some depth on the OL, or LB. Holding a fourth QB is just taking up valuable roster space, especially when you look at the quality of some of the QBs you would keep. Heck if you want an extra QB get rid of Anderson and sign Bledsoe, at least he has some experience....

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Quote:

Does ANYONE on this board think that some kind of conclusion will be reached on the QB situation by the FIRST cutdown on Tuesday?



I think a decision has already been made... I think it's Fryes job unless Quinn does something off the charts in the last few weeks of preseason games and practices.... of course that's just my humble opinion...


yebat' Putin
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Quote:

Think about it, Frye starts first game get hurt 1st quarter, who goes in, well if we trade or cut Anderson it's Dorsey or Quinn....





I suppose anything is possible. We do have a spot we can use for the first 4 weeks of the season since Tucker is suspended... Then when Tuck comes back, the cut could be made then..

But I don't see it. I think we cut whoever, then if something like what you say happenes,,. I bet no matter who we cut, will still be available.

I don't, as much as it pains me to say it, think either Frye or Anderson are as well respected as they deserve.. Especially Frye. He's earned some respect for his toughness if nothing else. Kid took a beating last year and didn't publically complain once. He's a tough kid and deserves better..

By the way, that and the leadership he showed last season are the reasons I think he'll be chosen over Anderson.. I feel Dorsey will be number 2 for a while then Quinn will move up to 2, then eventually to 1. JMO.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Quote:

Does ANYONE on this board think that some kind of conclusion will be reached on the QB situation by the FIRST cutdown on Tuesday?




I'm not sure I understand the direction of your question? Wheather you mean at the starting position,or cutting one of them?

But I will say I don't see one of them being cut. The injury bug has bitten us so many times,I don't think you risk NOT having the options that would remain by cutting someone now.

Quote:


I don't, I think we go into the fourth and final preseason game with 4 QB's but come out with 3.. JMO but that's when we will make the final decision.. Just my best guess however.




I think that would be a far more likely scenario as to when one of them "might be cut". But in the mean while,I think you keep every possible insurance policy for the reason I stated above.

JMHO


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
NH?

Can't we keep OL depth on "the practice squad" and bring them on to the roster later when a QB is cut if it's decided they wish to keep all four for now?


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
C
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
I do believe what ever the FO does, the reason they are doing it is to first and for most protect Quinn from having to play before THEY think he's ready..but that's just my opinion, your all intitled too...

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 55
N
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
N
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 55
Quote:

NH?

Can't we keep OL depth on "the practice squad" and bring them on to the roster later when a QB is cut if it's decided they wish to keep all four for now?




I suppose, but I would rather 'use' the fourth QB spot on someone other than Anderson, he hasn't shown that he is that good, if you want a QB with a big arm, and someone who has more game experience then Hire Bledsoe and get rid of Anderson.

My point is that there is better use of the spot, and if you need a big arm in your QB stable at least get one who has been to the playoffs..... I don't see any real value for keeping Anderson considering how he has played to date. That is what I am really trying to say.

And by no means am I a Bledsoe pimp, but I do think given the two, him and Anderson I would take Bledsoe every day.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Quote:

I'm not sure I understand the direction of your question? Wheather you mean at the starting position,or cutting one of them?





Actually in a way, I meant both.. Let me try this again,, Does anyone think the QB situation will be settled after this week?

Did that help?

Quote:

I think that would be a far more likely scenario as to when one of them "might be cut". But in the mean while,I think you keep every possible insurance policy for the reason I stated above.





Ahh, so we agree then!


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,103
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,103
I called it weeks ago!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
As far as "who's starting",I pretty much agree with DC.
I think that decision has at least "pretty much" been made already.

At least I HOPE to God it has. But yes,unless there's some "major turn of events" that I don't see happening,I think the call has pretty much been made already.

JMHO


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Quote:

if you want a QB with a big arm, and someone who has more game experience then Hire Bledsoe and get rid of Anderson.

And by no means am I a Bledsoe pimp, but I do think given the two, him and Anderson I would take Bledsoe every day.




Well,I won't say that I disagree with what you're saying here. But I think they see Quinn as the answer and there wouldn't be a lot of logic in muddying the waters or making major moves in the QB roster at this juncture.

Now mind you,I didn't say I disagreed with your line of thinking here.


I'm just saying what IMO is "their line of thinking" on the subject.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
C
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
I've seem to have heard a few teams contact Bledsoe before training camp and asked him if he still wanted to play, I do believe he said he was done playing, he bought a golf course somehwere and was golfing every day enjoying life and didnt have any wants to play.


now maybe he was driving up the money that was offred and maybe he was waiting till camp was over like alot of veterans do...See Laryy Johnson, M.Strahan...Ect.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Not that it was any shock to me..DA is on his way out..

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
I hadn't heard that.
But if they did I could see where it would have made sense.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 55
N
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
N
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 55
My point with Bledsoe is just that for the type of QB you get with Anderson you get a much better QB, albeit still one I don't want, than Anderson. They have similar style and play, both get rattled when put under pressue, the difference is Bledsoe is far more accurate, and is more seasoned than Anderson.

Overall I would prefer only carying three QBs and use the other spot for another position, like OL, DL, LB, RB WB (water boy ).

That was my point the whole time... It just takes me longer to get to it than most.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,960
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,960
So is the only reason DA wil be the 2nd QB Sat, because Phil is trying to showcase him around the league? Becuase I think Quinn and even KD should see playing time before him.

IMO, we DEFINITELY have our 3 qb's and DA wont be one of them.


President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Safe assumption...

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,435
J
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,435
Quote:

I will not surpise me to see all four QB on the roster for the first few games,

Think about it, Frye starts first game get hurt 1st quarter, who goes in, well if we trade or cut Anderson it's Dorsey or Quinn....

But if we wait until 5th or 6th game and make a move than we give Quinn more time to learn offence should Charlie go down and might give front office more time to deal Anderson and get something instead of just cutting him loose, I know were not gonna get much if anything, but hey a 7th is a 7th round pick we didnt have before hand. This will open a roster spot to bring someone off the practice squad in a postion which has been weakened over the last 5 games.

Bottom line the longer we keep 4 QB's the more options it gives us, but only if our roster can afford to carry it for 5-6 weeks.,




You know what I have to agree with that. I think it makes sense. We keep Anderson on the roster till Quinn is ready in case of an injury. Then when Quinn is ready we could trade either Anderson or Frye then free up a roster spot for where we have a lot of injuries. IMO.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
You are gonna think I'm nuts Pit,, But I have had moments where I thought this whole competition thing was staged and never really real...


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Ken will make the team, but I don't see him starting any time soon.


<><

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Quote:

You are gonna think I'm nuts Pit,, But I have had moments where I thought this whole competition thing was staged and never really real...




No I don't think you're nuts.
The thought crossed my mind at one point myself.
But after really thinking that whole aspect through,I dismissed it.

If Charlie truely did improve,whitch I think he did "to a point",you would really need to keep him anyway. A good back up at third round money in the NFL is a pretty good bargain.

And in rounds 6 and 7 of the draft,everything is a gamble.Even if Anderson did improve,I can't see us having gotten or getting any more than that out of him. Yeah,it's better than nothing,but by how much?

I mean at this late juncture,with what Anderson has shown,does anyone seriously think we would POSSIBLY get anything more than a seventh rounder out of him?

Is the difference between a "possibilty" of getting a seventh rounder "out of DA" worth more than not giving Dorsey or Quinn (which ever of the two will really be backing up Charlie at first) reps with the first team IF Charlie goes down early due to injury?

At some point,you must weigh out the positive and negatives and that scenario just doesn't add up to a logical conclusion at this juncture IMO

In the beginning,I considered that possibility too,but after his last two outings,if he's going to be cut,letting him play second fiddle,only serves to keep the real second fiddle on the sidelines and without reps with the first team. I see more negatives there than positives.

And after his 0-3 as a starter and his two pre season performances so far,I find it pretty unrealistic to believe that "one descent pre-season outing" will raise his stock to any degree. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong there,but it just doesn't add up.

That's why I don't see him being cut unless they think Dorsey is a legitimate #2 untill Quinns ready,or they are ready to put Quinn in if Frye goes down.

When and if DA is cut,I believe it's logical to feel they've come to one of those two conclusions. But as long as they're playing Dorsey this late in pre season as second fiddle,I think it means at this stage of the game,he's "still second fiddle".

But so far it's been an evolutionary process,I guess after they throw everything on the wall,we'll just see where it splats.

JMHO


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
Quote:

I mean at this late juncture,with what Anderson has shown,does anyone seriously think we would POSSIBLY get anything more than a seventh rounder out of him?





We won't get a damn thing for em'...

There isn't a team in the NFL dumb enuff to give a pick for a QB that's got 2 or 3 UNIMPRESSIVE starts under his belt...NONE...Not even this BS "Unconditional-Conditional" thang the NFL came up with whenever...WHATEVER...

An Unconditional'Conditional 7th means nuttin more than the fact that you're a POS...And we'll KEEP YOU IF AND ONLY IF MY 3rd STRINGER GETS HURT...

Done...Later Anderson...

WTF was ever dumb enuff to see him as a starter on ANY team???...Lordy...


Go Browns!!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,168
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,168
While I agree completely, can you explain to me how Atlanta got what they did for Shuab?


#gmstrong
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
I can ... when he played he proved to be smart and accuratte .. I personally thought the Falcs were a MUCH MUCH better team with him .. not that thats saying much as Dog boy couldn't hit the water from a boat ..

Matt is LIGHT YEARS better than DA at least in the POTENTIAL DEPARTMENT .. i will be very interested to see how he plays in Houston ... hopefully their OL don't get him killed ..

Good decisions and accurate ... those two words are the difference right there ...




Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
Quote:

Good decisions and accurate ... those two words are the difference right there ...




The best two attributes a QB can have, IMO.


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
Quote:

Can't we keep OL depth on "the practice squad" and bring them on to the roster later when a QB is cut if it's decided they wish to keep all four for now?





There are rules of which I'm not certain about concerning who can and cannot be put on the practice squad.

One of them is the length of time they spent on an active roster.

Like I said, I'm not completely sure what the rules are, nor am I sure at this point who of our OL backups would qualify if any.

I did find this.

"PRACTICE SQUADS

On Sunday, September 2, 2007, the day after the final pre-season cutdowns, each club may establish a Practice Squad of no more than eight (8) players who are free agents and who do not have more than nine games on an Active list in a previous season. The minimum salary for a practice squad player is $4,700 per week, including the playoff weeks. In addition, a player under contract to a club as a Practice Squad player is completely free to sign a contract with any NFL club to play on their Active/Inactive list."

NFL CBA

So who of them fits into this criteria? I dunno and am too lazy to look it up.


#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Quote:

While I agree completely, can you explain to me how Atlanta got what they did for Shuab?




8-0 in his NFL starts coming in for Vick and showing throughout all eight of those games he had the stability and skill set to be an NFL starter.

(But they still paid too much for a guy with only eight starts)


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
I believe Fred Mantua does and he's been very solid in the pre season so far.

I'm not a proponent of keeping these four QB's on the roster. And I do have a prefrance as to who should be cut. But if Frye gets hurt and they seriously don't want to put Quinn in yet? Last year they chose an injured Frye over a healthy Dorsey in the last game.

I just looked at the scenario as a possible option they may explore.

But I do believe Mantua fits the description that is within those parameters.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Quote:

But if Frye gets hurt and they seriously don't want to put Quinn in yet? Last year they chose an injured Frye over a healthy Dorsey in the last game.





True enough, but I wonder, given Dorseys better showing this preseason coupled with a different OC and a different O System, one that he's more familiar with, would that be enough to make it so if that happened again, this time he'd be playing.. Just wondering if those differences are enough.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
No idea Damon. But if so,I would see no reason not to go ahead and cut DA. And no logical reason not to have Dorsey working with the second team and maybe even a series or two with the first team now if he's "really" going to back Frye up in case he goes down untill Quinn is ready.

Because I don't believe ANYONE using a logical thought process can realisticly believe that one good showing in pre season is going to elivate DA's value given all the film the NFL has on him and his overall "body of work" to date to other NFL teams.

I mean even a blind squirrel finds a nut on a rare occasion. And I think if you look at the body of DA's work,wasting back-up time an an attempt "to shop him or showcase him" to other NFL teams,just doesn't add up to me. They have enough film on him already to "evaluate his worth". And claiming trying to "showcase him" as a second stringer in a pre season game? I just don't buy that thought process.

JMHO


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Can any of the Dorsey pimps explain why he didn't sniff the field last night? Dorsey will be lucky to survive Tuesday's cut.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,877
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,877
Not a Dorsey pimp but I'd say it means that he's on the team and that Romeo wanted to see more of DA and Brady while Charlie is the starter. For now, at least.

Assuming you mean Ken Dorsey, that is.


"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,426
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,426
I'd justify it by saying that they already know what they have in Ken Dorsey in this offense. Any of the other QBs are much less certain, IMO.


[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
Quote:

I'd justify it by saying that they already know what they have in Ken Dorsey in this offense. Any of the other QBs are much less certain, IMO.




I agree.

Frye and Anderson are pretty much clones from the standpoint of field play.

Dorsey brings something to the team they don't.

Dorsey makes the final cut.

This was to see Frye and Anderson one last time....and to give the rest of the NFL one last look at both in the hope we can find a trade partner.

At this point, the team would trade the one someone wants.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Quote:

At this point, the team would trade the one someone wants.





I disagree, I think that at this point, the Browns will KEEP the one THEY want. Of course, I have the benefit of having watched the 3rd preseason game when saying this, but finally, Charlie distanced himself from Anderson..

I do believe the deal is done, Frye stays, Anderson goes... JMO however.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
I agree. DA is gone either through a cut or a trade, and I thought this even before the game last night.

The only wrinkle I can see is that Frye may express his desire to the front office to be a starter somewhere and they may try to oblige him.

I don't know how Frye is going to take losing his starting job for his hometown team eventually. Will he be ok with being a backup in Cleveland?

I hope so because if Quinn were to go down, I would feel comfortable with Chalie coming in to lead us for a few games.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 373
M
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
M
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:


I don't know how Frye is going to take losing his starting job for his hometown team eventually. Will he be ok with being a backup in Cleveland?




I think whomever is on the team this year between DA and CF will leave for another team when their contract runs out. Why would they want to stay in Cleveland?

The fans hate them.
The media hates them.
The coaches make fun of them by flipping coins.

After how they've been treated I think it's a safe bet that neither will be in a Browns uniform in 2009.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dorsey may have roster edge

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5