Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I sent Swish a PM this morning saying IF we do fire Hue (just had a feeling and it wasn’t a good one ... and it came to fruition ... very odd .. when i logged into the site i visit and was reading down the blurbs i had a feeling and there it was) ...

I told Swish f we did fire Hue .... i want the entire staff gone ... just as importantly i want Dorsey to hire his guy and i want the org. Chart switched back to where the HC reports to the GM ... enough of the CRAP that helps lead to dysfunction ..

1. LET THE GM HIRE THE COACH for ONCE ... he didn’t fire them both at the same time (i’m ASSumng Dorsey makes it through the day ... *L*) ... so we have a 50/50 shot the new HC keeps Dorsey on as GM ... *LOL* ...

2. COACH reports to GM not the MORON OWNER whose proven time after time after time he has NO CLUE WHAT HE’S DOING ...

I really hope the thief USES DORSEY to find his coach and not some outside search firm ...

We have plenty of time to get this right ... LET DORSEY DO HIW JOB THIEF AND MISSES THIEF ... PLEASE just get the heck out of the way for once ...

We have a ton of talent and cap space with a highly regarded GM ...

ITS AN ATTRACTIVE JOB ...

Please thief ... LET DORSEY DO HIS JOB and hire his coach and set up a tried and true org. Chart ...

DON’T BLOW IT AGAIN U MORON!!!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I just replied something similar to Vers. Set this up the right way or this crap will just be recycled in two years. I have ZERO confidence Haslem does this however.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once a certain someone realizes that this isn't a truck stop chain maybe that will happen.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Why would we have confidence bro ... coming off the WORST IDEA in the history of sports and the fact we’ve hired and fired coaches and FO’s like u change your boys diapers ... good lord .. speaking of witch ... how old r they now? .. man ... there prolly what ... 6 or 7 now ... how long has it been ...

Speaking of witch ... how is everyone? .. hope alls well bro ..

IMO he backed into Dorsey ... lets hope he LETS HIM DO HIW JOB and stays out of it ....

If he hired me as his professional search firm .. my recommendation would be to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!!! And let your gm do his job ...

Sorry ref ... but it just needed to be said HECK was just not strong enough ... *LOL* ...

Legend
Legend
I get and even agree about firing everybody, atleast at the end of the season.

My only counter is that 1: you can make argument that Gregg Williams can stay, and 2: I REALLY don’t want to swap back to a 3-4 if our new HC is one of those.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Indeed. Dorsey absolutely has to be allowed to hire his coach. Haslam has to set up the structure where the HC reports to the GM and GM to Haslam.

This should have been done at the end of last year, but it's Haslam, so poor decision making shouldn't come as a surprise.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Diam they turn 13 in November.....time has FLOWN by..lol. Oh well I guess the only thing that stays the same is the Browns sucking...haha.

If Haslem doesn't step aside and let PROFESSIONALS do their job this crap won't get better....it just won't.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I sent Swish a PM this morning saying IF we do fire Hue (just had a feeling and it wasn’t a good one ... and it came to fruition ... very odd .. when i logged into the site i visit and was reading down the blurbs i had a feeling and there it was) ...

I told Swish f we did fire Hue .... i want the entire staff gone ... just as importantly i want Dorsey to hire his guy and i want the org. Chart switched back to where the HC reports to the GM ... enough of the CRAP that helps lead to dysfunction ..

1. LET THE GM HIRE THE COACH for ONCE ... he didn’t fire them both at the same time (i’m ASSumng Dorsey makes it through the day ... *L*) ... so we have a 50/50 shot the new HC keeps Dorsey on as GM ... *LOL* ...

2. COACH reports to GM not the MORON OWNER whose proven time after time after time he has NO CLUE WHAT HE’S DOING ...

I really hope the thief USES DORSEY to find his coach and not some outside search firm ...

We have plenty of time to get this right ... LET DORSEY DO HIW JOB THIEF AND MISSES THIEF ... PLEASE just get the heck out of the way for once ...

We have a ton of talent and cap space with a highly regarded GM ...

ITS AN ATTRACTIVE JOB ...

Please thief ... LET DORSEY DO HIS JOB and hire his coach and set up a tried and true org. Chart ...

DON’T BLOW IT AGAIN U MORON!!!!!
You know my thoughts on hue well leave that there. He is gone and its time to move on.

Reports are that that Haslem wanted to keep Hue and get rid of Haley, and Dorsey thought it was best to keep Haley and get rid of Hue. It **SEEMS** that Dorsey gave his case to Haslem, and Haslem agreed.

It then seems, they both agreed that what was best for BAKER was to get rid of them both. The infighting, the power struggles that I talked about to you before, it all has to stop. That's the only way this is going to work.

It seems to me, that HASLEM has actually started to trust Dorsey, and is taking his opinions and knowledge to heart on how to build a successful team.

We both know how we feel about Hue, no need to go down that path my friend. But WE BOTH trust in Dorsey. That I know as well. This to me (and reports) has Dorsey wishes all over it. And THAT is a good thing for the structure of the organization.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Haslem ... I want to keep Hue ... Dorsey ... Go ahead and you can find a new GM ... Hue Fired, we finally have a football man in charge thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I told u last week after Hues presser and the cracks of dysfunction started to seep through and said it again today before what is hopefully the final BLOOD BATH in Berea for a long butt time ...

What i said then and even this morning before business as usual in Berea is that it WOULD WORK ITSELF OUT one way or the other ... well it has worked itself out quicker than I thought ... *L* ...

I really hope your right ... that the thief lets Dorsey do his thing ... ITS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT and the first times HES DONE IT THAT WAY ...

First time .. and he’s had PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE at it in his short tenure ...

I trust Dorsey WAY MORE THEN THE THIEF AND HIS WIFE ... jury’s still out on Dorsey for me .. i like to give it 3 or 4 years ... so far ... I LOVE what i’ve Seen .. would have done some things different but overall i’m VERY HAPPY with King John ... not sold but like what i;ve seen so far

And Dorsey is DEFINETY a PRO ...

I’m glad Haley’s gone too .. i think it had to be done ... one thing it does for me ... clears up any doubt that he was brought in here to take hues place IF it happenend .. to me that would have been a HORRIBLE WAY TO TREAT HUE ... so that wipes out any thoughts i may have had about that ...

I’m a business guy bro ... not happy about what happened today with Hue but i have NO CONTROL over it all I can do is move on while in mourning ... *L* ...

The theories will abound ... end of the day ... folks will agree with theories that fit their stance before the firing .... me ... i’ll simply move one to the BRIGHT FUTURE we have cause things aren’t getting dismantled this time ...

I BELIEVE the key pieces may very well be in place ... have i mentioned that yet .... thumbsup

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
My .02. I believe Haley was hired to take over for Hue. When the power struggle and the comments started, I think Haley played right into the childness of it, and Dorsey got a whiff that he didn't like, and said you know what - Im not going down that road and canned them both. This was move because we have a FQB on the roster and they are trying to protect him from the dysfunction that Hue/Haley had.

Now, they just need to protect him on the field lol.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think that Haley threw a fit when Saunders was going to be named the interim HC and that the dolts upstairs had no choice but to then fire him.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
My .02. I believe Haley was hired to take over for Hue. When the power struggle and the comments started, I think Haley played right into the childness of it, and Dorsey got a whiff that he didn't like, and said you know what - Im not going down that road and canned them both. This was move because we have a FQB on the roster and they are trying to protect him from the dysfunction that Hue/Haley had.

Now, they just need to protect him on the field lol.

Could be.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think that Haley threw a fit when Saunders was going to be named the interim HC and that the dolts upstairs had no choice but to then fire him.

Could be.

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Thats a legite theory ... u can definetly connect those dots ...

WILL has a connectable dot theory as well ...

Both theories could be true and are definelty viable ....

Me ... i’m going with ... the losing took its toll on Hue and he wanted to fix the O cause thats what he knew ... Haley bit back ... it caused the rift that led to both there demises ...

I believe thats also a viable theory ...

The one thing that the 3 of us just proved is that FOLKS ARE GONNA SETTLE ON THEORIES THAT FIT THERE STANCE PRIOR TO THE BLOODBATH ...

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
GREAT MINDS Willie ... *LOL* ...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Diam, just a thought about the haslems. I do not think it is fair to say he made bad choices for our leadership, except from hindsight. When we hired farmer he was the next hot gm candidate. It seems like someone was after him, maybe Miami, and we beat them to the punch with our offer. I do not remember for sure but it seems like feedback for the hire was mostly positive. He turned out to be a real clunker hire but I do not think it was considered so at the time.

When we hired Jackson he was considered the next great coaching hire and we got him ahead of a couple other teams who seemed to be after him. Our history under hue is what it is but I do not remember a great hue and cry about his hire.

Haslem also hired Dorsey who so far seems like a good hire. I also remember a coaching hire, maybe pettine, who was perhaps his third or fourth choice. No t sure what he was supposed to do then. I think Harlem desperately wants a winner and will try dang near anything (see sashi/defillipo experiment) but so far nothing has worked. So now Dorsey gets his chance. I just hope it works

P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand your point, but is it actually accurate?

I understand that the press and some fans promote "the flavor of the month" and both Hue and farmer fit that mold. Fans often times jump on those bandwagons and want the same people.

That does not however give us any indication of how these coaching and GM candidates are viewed in NFL circles.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Pit, I have no access to the inside the organizational thinking. But I am almost certain both those hires were being courted by other teams. That is about all I can go by. Are you saying these two were not desired by other teams??? Or are you saying that being “wanted” by multiple teams does not indicate a good hire??

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
I just replied something similar to Vers. Set this up the right way or this crap will just be recycled in two years. I have ZERO confidence Haslem does this however.

Have I missed out on reports suggesting the Haslams have done anything other than shut up and let Dorsey run the show since they hired him?

I see the new staff being built and laid out just as Diam suggests it should be.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm saying that all one is basing their opinions on is what the press was telling us. We have no way of really knowing what was actually going on behind the scenes.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dorsey flushed apparently.

Who does he want?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
Pit, I have no access to the inside the organizational thinking. But I am almost certain both those hires were being courted by other teams. That is about all I can go by. Are you saying these two were not desired by other teams??? Or are you saying that being “wanted” by multiple teams does not indicate a good hire??

I do remember the thing with Farmer and Miami. We did get Hue interviewed early in the process and when he accepted the job I vaguely remember speculation there was interest from other teams.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Diam got promoted to lead the transition team as quality control overseer. The man for the job. I trust his judgment and Dorsey's more than the has lams. JMO thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
rofl .. thanks dawg ... bars not exaclty real high in that arena .. sadly ...

U have any grandkids in diapers ... or a dart board .... they’ll get over the bar the Thief and the misses have set ... wink ...

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Thats a GREAT point .... DON’T REALLY WANNA RE-HASH THE PAST ... ooops .. stupid caps ...

I’ll be back later to expand on what i mean ... your point about Farmer and Hue were correct .. its not just the hires ... it starts with the PROCCESS ... i have a few things to do ... will be back tonight or tommorow to elaborate ...

Great point about Farmer and the thief ... i agree .. they were “hot” commodities ... can’t argue that one ... thumbsup

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
I get and even agree about firing everybody, atleast at the end of the season.

My only counter is that 1: you can make argument that Gregg Williams can stay, and 2: I REALLY don’t want to swap back to a 3-4 if our new HC is one of those.

If the new HC wants him ... i won’t really like it .. the mans to blitz happy for me .. its who he is .. and thats OK, i’m Just not a fan of it ... if the new HC wants him ,.. thats fine with me .. thumbsup

I think Dorsey is a pro ... i think in this case he will hire a HC to fi the personal we have or will have SMOOTH. QUICK PLAN to transition to get the personal the new HC wants ...

We have TALENT BRO .. weather that fits the 3 - 4 or the 4 - 3 ... i’ll Leave that up to the guys that know the ins and outs better than me ... Vers, bone and a few others ...

I TRUST DORSEY in that I LOVE what he’s done so far ... so i have to trust him on this ... one thing i do know ..

HES A PRO AND for the first time since our return after seeing him in action for a year i actually have more faith in him than i would have in myself, vers, pit, bone and a few others ... now that i’m Actually reading your football takes your climbing up the ladder .. *L* ...

If the thief can quit being the CONTROL FREAK he has been since day 1 and lets Dorsey do his job ... WE HAVE A CHANCE FOR A CHANGE ... thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
How many times have we heard that the next guy coming in will fit the system to the personnel? I ask because I've lost count.

... and for this reboot, we don't have the luxury of so many draft picks (we do have salary cap, though).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Its not a reboot dawg ... its a new coaching staff ..

That and the fact the TALENTS ON THE ROSTER NOW is what makes this different ...

When i come back and expand ... it’ll be more clear what i mean ...

THIS IS DIFFERENT DAWG ... u have every right to be extremely Leary ... HISTORY has taught us that ... just like before season with my optimism thread about the talent ... this is DIFFERENT ....

I gotta go ... *L* ... gotta Stacy focused on what i’m Doing ... i’m Turning this off casue I have turned into a no discipline weenie ... dang it ...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
How many times have we heard that the next guy coming in will fit the system to the personnel? I ask because I've lost count.

... and for this reboot, we don't have the luxury of so many draft picks (we do have salary cap, though).
True, but all those times how many times was their a new GM as well?

The GM is in place, a good one too boot.

I get the hesitation, but Dorsey has my trust.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

True, but all those times how many times was their a new GM as well?

The GM is in place, a good one too boot.

I get the hesitation, but Dorsey has my trust.

The Browns also have their QB in place as well as an elite pass rusher and shutdown corner.

This will be an attractive job.

C
Legend
Legend
C
In order to do it right this time Jimmy Haslam has to stay out of the process. The first time he meets the new head coach should be when the guy is signing his contract.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is all speculation. Al Saunders was never officially named the interim HC.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think it's as simple as 1. Losing was out of hand. 2. Dorsey nipped a highly toxic situation and just flushed them both. Handled well.

Let Dorsey get his man. Our shelves are 3/4 full this time.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

That is all speculation. Al Saunders was never officially named the interim HC.

Swap Williams for Saunders, and you still have a plausible situation.

My hope is that Haley did something to get fired. If Dorsey only fired him because of the progress of the offense.... Haley was 8 weeks into his first season here, with mostly new pieces in place on the offense. We'll have beaten our own record for hiring/firing a coach.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
It seems like Haley was fired because he had Hue were poison.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The only reason this occurred now(both firings) was the internal strife and the distractions it was making with the team. Wins and Losses weren't the reason for either firing midway through the season. After the season both are probably dismissed for W/L reasons, but this was done because they both could not behave as grown ups and professionals....jmho

Legend
Legend
Of all the HC's we've had since 99.. have we not figured out that there is no true blueprint or way of 'doing it right?' when it comes to hiring a new HC, and winning games.

Even outside of Cleveland, winning is difficult.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Of all the HC's we've had since 99.. have we not figured out that there is no true blueprint or way of 'doing it right?' when it comes to hiring a new HC, and winning games.

Even outside of Cleveland, winning is difficult.

Let me see if I remember this correctly:

Butch Davis had too much power.
Romeo Crennel and Phil Savage were hired together, but were not on the same page.
Mangini hired Kokinis
Holmgren was hired while Mangini was still with the team, kept him because he would have been sad if he fired him, then hired Heckert (RIP) and Shurmur
Haslam buys the team, fires Holmgren, Heckert, and Shurmur. Hires Banner.
Haslam and Banner hire Chud. Fire Chud.
Haslam and Banner hire Pettine. Banner is fired almost immediately after that, Farmer is hired.
Farmer and Pettine hired, Sashi Brown promoted.
Korn Ferry hires Hue Jackson.

I don't really remember Chris Palmer and the process that went into hiring him.

Legend
Legend
let's make it simple: Dorsey, it's your show. Hire who YOU want. Do the research, treat it like a draft pick.

He will answer to YOU. It's your show.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Please do it RIGHT this time

Link Copied to Clipboard