Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Palmer Drew the short straw...

V
Legend
Legend
V
"This is all speculation?" rofl rofl rofl

After all the garbage speculation that was posted on this board in recent weeks, you really went there? rofl

V
Legend
Legend
V
Watching the PC this afternoon, nothing has changed w/the Browns.

Jimmy is still going to be involved w/the hiring of the coaching staff. The HC and GM are still going to report to the owner. Jimmy is still going to be actively involved in the football side of things despite being there only about 50 percent of the time.

This team will continue to hire and fire. They will continue to lose.

Haslam kept talking about not wanting to look at the past. I'd say that is rather telling. Some people learn from their mistakes. This idiot doesn't want to look at the past. He wants to continue doing things the same way and is expecting different results.

We Brownsed it again.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Jimmy is still going to be involved w/the hiring of the coaching staff. The HC and GM are still going to report to the owner. Jimmy is still going to be actively involved in the football side of things despite being there only about 50 percent of the time.

Haslam kept talking about not wanting to look at the past. I'd say that is rather telling. Some people learn from their mistakes. This idiot doesn't want to look at the past. He wants to continue doing things the same way and is expecting different results.

We Brownsed it again.

This could be considered speculation.

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

Want some links where almost every post in a thread is speculation?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I think that Haley threw a fit when Saunders was going to be named the interim HC and that the dolts upstairs had no choice but to then fire him.

Why isn't Saunders the HC now then?

Based on what Haslam said, it sounds like Hue and Haley were fighting, and that, plus the lack of progress on offense, led them to firing both.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think that Haley threw a fit when Saunders was going to be named the interim HC and that the dolts upstairs had no choice but to then fire him.

So they then decided to name Williams the coach so he didn't throw a fit?

Is that your position?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have no idea what you are talking about. Then again, I don't want to know.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
No idea about how much he sways Dorsey at hire time but Dorsey doesnt seem like a pushover for anyone. HONESTLY..If it it was My BILLION dollar investment, u guys would be complaining about me being too involved. And I wouldnt care a bit..

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL

There was a time when Twitter tweets where not permitted to be posted as fact here.

Why consider them today as factual just because they are permitted as rumors?

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B

That is what he was talking about and what i was talking about.

Calm down man....

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
LOL

Nope. Every post on this board throughout its history is speculation when it comes down to the inner workings of the Browns organization. As I’ve repeatedly stated.

You want me to accept someone on here is “in the know”? I want to see their pay stub where it says Cleveland Browns on it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

That is what he was talking about and what i was talking about.

Calm down man....

Ty sir, that was exactly the post I was referencing.

[Linked Image]

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Your post said you thought Haley threw a fit when Saunders was going to be named HC, so they fired him. If that were true, wouldn't Saunders be the interim HC? Maybe the original post was before Williams was named HC.

The rest is self explanatory. Nice attack though!

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: cle23

Your post said you thought Haley threw a fit when Saunders was going to be named HC, so they fired him. If that were true, wouldn't Saunders be the interim HC? Maybe the original post was before Williams was named HC.

The rest is self explanatory. Nice attack though!

He needs to go through the stages of grief. Give him some time.

Last edited by Hamfist; 10/29/18 06:58 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
There have been posters whining, crying, making things up, etc for two freaking years about Hue and you guys are now complaining about me being upset the day he was fired.

Give me a freaking break!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
LOL

There was a time when Twitter tweets where not permitted to be posted as fact here.

Why consider them today as factual just because they are permitted as rumors?

In fairness to the poster it wasn’t a rumor. WKYC posted it as fact. This screw up had nothing to do with Twitter.

Last edited by Pdawg; 10/29/18 07:15 PM.

#gmstrong
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
There have been posters whining, crying, making things up, etc for two freaking years about Hue and you guys are now complaining about me being upset the day he was fired.

No. You brought this upon yourself.

A
Legend
Legend
A

I have to laugh here. You've been...........well, all Hue, all the time, griping about people/fans.

When I heard Hue got fired, you were the first one I thought of. As in "vers is going to have a meltdown, and blame this firing on the fans." Thank you, you didn't disappoint.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A

We Brownsed it again.

Sorry kids, no speculation on Versatile's part here. Jimmy is already screwing up.

Want proof? Pay attention to that press conference. Jimmy said that Dorsey would continue to report to him, and so will interim head coach Williams.

In other words, Jimmy and Dee have learned NOTHING! They are keeping the same dysfunctional management structure and Jimmy Haslam will continue to be a stupid meddler.

Versatile and I were on opposite sides of the Hue Jackson issue, but we both agree on one thing - "Same ole Browns".

B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't know that people were making stuff up. I think Hue said we would win 4 Superbowls before he was done as Browns head coach. He didn't win 4 games in 2.5 years.

Think about that, he didn't win 4 friggen games. I know you were in invested in the guy, but never ride a stock to the bottom. At some point you have to bail.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I don't know that people were making stuff up. I think Hue said we would win 4 Superbowls before he was done a Browns head coach. He didn't win 4 games in 2.5 years.

Think about that, he didn't win 4 friggen games. I know you were in invested in the guy, but never ride a stock to the bottom. At some point you have to bail.

Your theories intrigue me. Sign me up for your newsletter.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Alright. I can't deal w/you anymore. Have fun.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg

Want proof? Pay attention to that press conference. Jimmy said that Dorsey would continue to report to him, and so will interim head coach Williams.

In other words, Jimmy and Dee have learned NOTHING! They are keeping the same dysfunctional management structure and Jimmy Haslam will continue to be a stupid meddler.

So...............uh............who should the GM report to if not the damn owners? Himself?

Legend
Legend
I think the problem is with the head coach reporting to the owner and not the GM

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I think the problem is with the head coach reporting to the owner and not the GM

Not really. The owner is only going to the GM and asking, “why is saying to me?”

#GMSTRONG
A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

So...............uh............who should the GM report to if not the damn owners? Himself?

Coach reports to GM, who has authority to hire and fire the coach. GM reports to owners, who have hire and fire authority over the GM.

The result is a unified and coherent chain of command with a smart, talented football professional in overall charge of the team.

This is a fairly common managerial structure in the NFL and one that usually works well.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

It is....that creates a wedge. I suspect next year that the coach will report to the GM. That is how Jackson got by the last year and a half. He should have been canned after a 1 win season. Last year, zero wins.....come on. He should have never been leading this team this year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Coach reports to GM, who has authority to hire and fire the coach. GM reports to owners, who have hire and fire authority over the GM.

The result is a unified and coherent chain of command with a smart, talented football professional in overall charge of the team.

This is a fairly common managerial structure in the NFL and one that usually works well.

I have a feeling, no matter what Haslam may have said, that this is exactly what Dorsey is planning for the heirarchy.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Pdawg, haslem said in the pc that they would look at the structure after the season. I believe when the new coach is hired he will report to Dorsey.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: Hamfist

I have a feeling, no matter what Haslam may have said, that this is exactly what Dorsey is planning for the heirarchy.

I hope what you say is true. I really do hope. But hope is a pathetic wasted emotion for Browns fans. The Haslams will crush our lame hopes of Dorsey in charge.

The Haslams love meddling with their team. They don't care about winning and losing. Not really. Few NFL owners do. They all get their guaranteed profits and the prestige of being in the NFL owner's club. And they get to play with their shiny toy.

Haslams don't care about the fans and they don't care about making the hard choices necessary to win. Choices like not meddling. Like children on Christmas morning, they just want to play with their toy.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude was laughing at the reporter who asked him the question. He ain't changing crap.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
Pdawg, haslem said in the pc that they would look at the structure after the season. I believe when the new coach is hired he will report to Dorsey.

OK, why is interim head coach Greg Williams reporting directly to Haslam, as Haslam explained in the press conference?

If Haslam was really planning on changing the management structure to something much better, like the coach reporting to Dorsey, why not start with this improvement right here, right now?

Answer: Because Jimmuh is an obsessive-compulsive idiot meddler who has no intention of changing his destructive habits. Same ole Browns.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

We Brownsed it again.

Sorry kids, no speculation on Versatile's part here. Jimmy is already screwing up.

Versatile and I were on opposite sides of the Hue Jackson issue, but we both agree on one thing - "Same ole Browns".
I watched the PC, he said for the remainder of this year, it will continue and next year they will reevaluate. Dont leave out information that was stated to fit an agenda.

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Thats very very disheartening to me bro ... VERY VERY DEPRESSING ... dang ... this dude is a MORON ... he is looking that GIFT HORSE squarely in the eye and not blinking ... MORON ...

Gosh ... well bro ...

IMO he backed into Dorsey ... maybe he will back in to a GREAT HEAD COACH ... all we can do is hope ...

Sounds like his presser blew my hope up at things doing the right way ... WHAT S SHAME ... its not that hard bro ... why he thinks he’s “special” and needs to be different is MIND BOGGLING ...

He’s such a CONTROL FREAK ... :thumbsdwon: ...

Oh well bro ... HERE’S TO LUCKING OUT cause its all were ever gonna have with this moron .. if he screws this up .. WE’LL NEVER BE GOOD UNDER HIS OWNERSHIP .... we were/are in a GREAT SPOT right now ... lets hope we get lucky again ... its all we got this bafoon of an owner ..

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D

I like the sounds of that ...MY DREAM IS NOT DEAD .... wooohoooo ... odds aren’t good ... but u never know ...

PLEASE U THIEVING BAFOON ... get out of the way .... take the misses ... go home and enjoy football sundays with your family and friends .. bring the great grand kid and the grandkids ... STAY AWAY THE OTHER 6 DAYS while your at it ... take the grand kids on a tour of amusement parks ...

DO THAT JOB ... PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE .... its a great job ... especially for repentant scum ... thumbsup

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I like the sounds of that ...MY DREAM IS NOT DEAD .... wooohoooo ... odds aren’t good ... but u never know ...

PLEASE U THIEVING BAFOON ... get out of the way .... take the misses ... go home and enjoy football sundays with your family and friends .. bring the great grand kid and the grandkids ... STAY AWAY THE OTHER 6 DAYS while your at it ... take the grand kids on a tour of amusement parks ...

DO THAT JOB ... PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE .... its a great job ... especially for repentant scum ... thumbsup

There's a positive here with Dorsey, A FOOTBALL GUY in town. It's the first time we've had that.

It's widely reported that Haslam wanted Haley gone. Dorsey wanted Jackson gone. With BOTH gone it looks like Dorsey got thru to Haslam and he LET DORSEY DO HIS JOB.

I'd bet anything that Dorsey picks the permanent HC and he reports to Dorsey. And this STUPIDITY of a HC reporting to the Owner ENDS RIGHT HERE.

Dorsey won't settle for that BS.

We're FINE GOING FORWARD.

WE got rid of the FINAL PIECE OF STENCH of 3 wins.

Jackson just wasn't the guy Dorsey trusts to take the TALENT on this roster to the next level. As simple as that. It was gonna happen sooner or later.

John Dorsey is going to SCHOOL Haslam on how to run an NFL Front Office and an NFL Football Team.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Bro, I suggest you watch the press conference for yourself and then evaluate, rather than listening to interpretations of it.

I will tell you this.........I was disappointed and saddened when the news broke about Hue being fired. However, after watching the PC later that afternoon, I became angry and disgusted. Ignorance, stubbornness, arrogance, etc.

Watch it and then come back here and tell me that it's different this time.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Bro, I suggest you watch the press conference for yourself and then evaluate, rather than listening to interpretations of it.

I will tell you this.........I was disappointed and saddened when the news broke about Hue being fired. However, after watching the PC later that afternoon, I became angry and disgusted. Ignorance, stubbornness, arrogance, etc.

Watch it and then come back here and tell me that it's different this time.

Here it is word for word, but you can make up whatever other garbage you want.

On the structure of the organization:

“I think I have said very clearly that our focus is on the last eight games, winning as many of those as we can and helping Gregg anyway that we can. At the end of the year, depending on what happens, we will evaluate everything.”

V
Legend
Legend
V
Bro, watch the entire press conference.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Please do it RIGHT this time

Link Copied to Clipboard