Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
If you were anointed the OC for the Chiefs game, what is your gameplan?

BTW, odd that we've not heard anything about Saunders' role going forward.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WIN

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Our only hope is to keep the ball out of KC’s hands. We need to run the ball well. We need to run the ball a lot. Long drives. Own the time of possession. Don’t settle for field goals.
See the game plan of OSU v Chip Kelly’s Oregon team during the National Championship game.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
If you were anointed the OC for the Chiefs game, what is your gameplan?

Make sure my bags and the moving truck are packed and loaded before I leave for the game.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I'd just point towards the goal we're going for and tell Baker, "that-a-way and make me proud".

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
As Freddie Kitchens’ mentor says, “No risk it, no biscuit.”

P
Legend
Legend
P
My plan would be to send out resume's well before the season ends.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Utilize our weapons (or lack thereof)

Get Chubb started early and often (this should do two things - take a heap off Bakers shoulders and keep KC offense on the sideline as much as possible)

Get the TE going - I want to see Njoku and Devalve have big games and lots of targets.

Be ready to call some more screens - I think after watching Pitt destroy our line, KC is going to blitz and blitz often. Call some HB slip screens and catch them when they do.

Ball control and security on offense.

I know you said OC, but if im Gregg, I blitz Cam Erving on every single play and put him on his bum.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm the OC? Well, I've already got the playbook (Haley's)) and I'm very familiar with it. I've watched and learned from the films what has (and has not) worked. I know this game very well and now I get my shot. I'll call plays that put my guys in a position to succeed, not trying to pull rabbits out of a hat. This is my big opportunity; I'm not going to fail...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Negative vibes, Pit. Perhaps you are convinced that he cannot succeed... thumbsdown

Legend
Legend
Will Higgins be back?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Get the TE going ...

Wholeheartedly agreed. I've been saying this for 2-1/2 years now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Negative vibes, Pit. Perhaps you are convinced that he cannot succeed... thumbsdown

Here's what I'm convinced of. This group are interim coaches. It's the way this process works. At seasons end Dorsey will hire a new HC. That HC will bring is his own OC and DC.

This is how it works in the NFL. The history of the NFL dictates this is how things will unfold. You can call stating the obvious as negative if you so wish. Some of consider trying to deny how this process works have names we could tag on those denying it as well. But I'll forego that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
no stupid trick plays and wide reverses...baker no more the three step drops and WR running similar routes to accomodate that...run chubb between tackles...score on every drive...go for 2 on every TD...only settle for FGsthat are 35 yards or closer...njoku has to have 5 catches

Legend
Legend
Ummmm, don't get fired after the game?

Run until it hurts them. Crossing routes. Run BM and slide! Use the middle of the field underneath and seams.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here's what I'm convinced of. This group are interim coaches. It's the way this process works. At seasons end Dorsey will hire a new HC. That HC will bring is his own OC and DC.

This is how it works in the NFL. The history of the NFL dictates this is how things will unfold. You can call stating the obvious as negative if you so wish. Some of consider trying to deny how this process works have names we could tag on those denying it as well. But I'll forego that.

No need for the history lesson, Pit. I know how the process works. But to adhere to the intent of this thread, how 'bout we simply focus on the up coming game...

Legend
Legend
You remain a man of vision, Purp! LOLetc.

Call whatever works. Just stop some of the wasted downs and silly calls. Might spend halftime shopping for tackles.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Make the main goal first downs.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm spending the week's practices working on a moving pocket for Mayfield. We need to give Mayfield a little distance from the scrum that our so-called pocket has become, just a little outside the tackle box. If I have to go 2-TE to help our OTs, I do it. I'd also put in some naked rollouts for Baker to enable the run-pass option and also to allow him to throw it away without getting called for grounding. If he runs, I want it to be out of bounds, not taking hits in the open field. I'm committing to the run with Chubb, Duke, and Hilliard. I'm taking a deep shot to Callaway or Ratley 2-3 times per half, and I'm looking for Landry just beyond the first down marker. Unless we get a new kicker, I'm going for 2 every time we score a TD. I'm also probably not trying any field goals, unless they're chip shots. Overall, the goal is to keep that KC offense off the field, so don't be afraid to milk the clock between downs, buddy-boy.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Steal all the balls...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
It's easy for me.
Run the ball and run it some more. Use play action on early downs and spread the field with passes.

On D we must pressure Mahommes. He is gonna beat us a lot doing that but it's the only chance we have. Turn him over a few times is gonna be key to have a chance.
We will have to score 30 plus to beat em.

If we play lights out we gonna need some luck as well.

Prayer is gonna be needed !

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

and yet nothing you stated has anything to do with the thread or topic - I believe you lambasted some for trying to invoke change threads the other day if im not mistaken in the What matters thread.....huh, you wouldn't be saying one thing and doing another now - would you?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Deepsouthdawg
It's easy for me.
Run the ball and run it some more. Use play action on early downs and spread the field with passes.

On D we must pressure Mahommes. He is gonna beat us a lot doing that but it's the only chance we have. Turn him over a few times is gonna be key to have a chance.
We will have to score 30 plus to beat em.

If we play lights out we gonna need some luck as well.

Prayer is gonna be needed !
I agree we need to run and run often, but I don't think we score 30 points if we are running the ball a lot.

At some point to get to 30, we are going to have to throw the ball. I am ok with a 50/50 split or even 60/40 pass vs rush if they are high percentage throws mixed in with a few deeper routes and a couple fly routes.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Bring 4 envelopes full of $ for the Refs and beg them to call penalties fairly (that's right, not even bribe, just fairly).

Mix up pass/run on first down, don't just always run up the middle or off tackle every first down.

Attempt to gain half the distance to go on 2nd down instead of throwing downfield to Landry who sucks at that kind of play.

Dink and Dunk like crazy. Fast routes with one read to keep Baker safe.

Liberal use of Duke in the passing game. Kinda like what every team does to us with the RB.

Run 100,000,000 screen passes in practice until we can actually execute one and use it to relieve pressure.

Pray.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D

Quote:
I agree we need to run and run often, but I don't think we score 30 points if we are running the ball a lot.

If we able to run the ball play action will open up.
Play action working right opens a world of options.
I'm from the old school. Back in the day plenty points were scored that way. Teams over the years seem to have gotten away from it.

Yeah I'm old ! smile

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Deepsouthdawg

Quote:

If we able to run the ball play action will open up.
Play action working right opens a world of options.
I'm from the old school. Back in the day plenty points were scored that way. Teams over the years seem to have gotten away from it.

The Rams run play action on like 70% of their pass plays.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
The Rams are pretty good I hear too.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have to keep the ball. There is no two ways about it. I have to score touchdowns and rush for 130 yards and churn the clock to even have a chance.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would give Chubb 20-25 Carries

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
1st play run it down their throats.
2nd play, go deep.
Gotta have the defense thinking we're willing and confident to play the entire field. Can't be on that Cody Kessler crap.

Run Chubb. Minimum of 15 carries.
Run and Pass to Johnson. Give him a few screens.
Get the TE's involved. Give me more Devalve!!!
Keep Baker in gun so he can see/read the field quickly.

Then step into the defensive meetings and let them know we need them to win! Crappy situation! We need you more than ever! Especially against an offense like this.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
no more (or at least very few) straight 5-7 step drop backs unless it's off play action

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Start sending out resumes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Another thought. ROLL THE POCKET for BM. Bootleg him. But stop letting him sit back there like a piñata!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
They're a bottom 5 pass defense and bottom 10 run defense. I run to keep control the clock to keep the ball out of Mahomes' hand. Pass to keep the defense honest, and when needed. But, run run run, especially when they're in nickle/dime defenses (more often than their base 3-4).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Run, run, and run some more.

Just about every pass play should be play action.

If you want to run a trick play, run a simple flea flicker after you have had a big gain. Nothing snazy, just Chubb inside and then flip back to Baker.

Go for it on 4th down a few times when you have crossed the 50.

Tell your defense that you need 4 turnovers this game so keep punching the ball on tackles and get your hands up on passes.

Be the trap game that the Chiefs looked past.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's rich after all the threads your little group ruined w/your constant negativity the past year.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm not an offensive Coordinator.

I'd like to see 4 times on the day, Denzel Ward, (or Peppers maybe) is in on offense and running a deep go route to draw attention from the safeties and open other things up.

Run the ball around the outside edge occaisionally, mix things up.

I'm, We're, They are going to miss Haley. Oh well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
That's rich after all the threads your little group ruined w/your constant negativity the past year.

You may wish to check your own posts the past 2 days ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
The past two days? LMAO

You and your little group have been doing it for over a year.

Additionally, I haven't been hijacking threads. I was speaking on topic. You just don't like what I have to say.

Get this straight..........your group has been beyond vile and have ruined more threads than I can count. Don't you dare ask for people to stay on topic after your despicable behavior for the past year.

Legend
Legend
Run the bal....

<><

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Chiefs 37 You are the OC this Sunday. What do you do?

Link Copied to Clipboard