Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Legend
Legend
E
I liked Hue but something truly was missing. And whatever it was it was getting worse with each game this year.
I think he started to lose some of the team and was also show Panic which was not pretty.

In the process I hope our Franchise QB prospect does not becom damaged goods. We need to get this RIGHT as you say. Although I want Williams to stay. I think the players react well with him and the D is actually having some success.

I really, really want Lincoln Riley as our new HC and the guy to run the O...he is use to doing both and with Williams he won't have to worry about the D. He is an incredible offensive mind.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Watch it and then come back here and tell me that it's different this time.

At the end of the day, it isn't different this time until it PROVES itself to be.

We've been through this too many times to hear a move announced and just stand and applaud and lay out a decree "it will FINALLY be different this time!".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jimmy chases Dorsey away?

The impression left on me after the PC was of Jimmy trying desperately to hold all the power. I think he knows it may not be the correct path. Just hope the GM doesn't tell him to stick it before we see if what's currently cooking is any good.

Legend
Legend
I don't know. I kind of like the HC reporting to the owner, and not the GM.

I think its a good checks and balance between the HC and GM. Neither should be higher than the other in my book. They should be at level playing fields.

GM get the players. HC puts the guys on the field, and HC tells the GM what position he needs help.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I prefer the more traditional arrangement, where the coach reports to the GM. (unless you hire a real superstar, established coach)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I agree. I wish we'd just do it the "normal" way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
If Kevin Costner was our GM, the coaches would report to him.

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. I like the coach reporting to the GM.

That isn't to say the head coach shouldn't have a open door to the owners office, he should.

I also like a owner active in meeting when the GM and coach are discussing needs etc. That way he know who wants what and who wants who. He will have a clear understanding on where any difference may be, so when a time might come he has to dismiss one or the other.

Just a comment here, some years ago we had a hands off, stay away owner in Randy Lerner. He was ripped because he didn't care and cared more about a soccer team in England. Now we have a owner who does care, and he does, and people want him to be Randy Lerner.

I don't want Jimmy talking about X's and O's, or being involved in player evaluations and things of that nature, but I do want him involved in the meetings so he knows where everybody stands and he doesn't make a stupid decision based on what somebody tells him and he doesn't have the true facts.

I know you guys and gals. If you came in to a few $billion and were allowed in the club, you'd be involved as all heck. So would I. Jimmy has deep football roots at the college level. He is a fan, just like you and I. I don't see any flaws in the way he is doing this except he has the head coach and GM on equal footing, both reporting to him.

I think the GM should trump the head coach. If he feels the need to keep them equal, maybe he needs a President of the corporation as a buffer between him and the hands on guys. Jimmy is more the Chairman of the Board.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Because he is the interim head coach.? I will bet any takers a strawberry shake that the new coach will report to Dorsey. And jimmy is a type a personality, highly driven highly successful businessman who has found it way more difficult to build a winner than he ever imagined. and he is certainly no idiot. he has hired and fired coaches and gms in an effort to win. Many of those were considered good hires at the time. Did he hire chud?? I think he did and I think most fans liked the hire. He was probably too quick on the trigger to fire him but I remember talk that the team quit on him.

Farmer and Jackson were considered outstanding hires. They just did not work out. The whole sashi/ depodesto experiment was radical but it showed haslem was willing to go out on a limb. I do not know the guy but I would bet if you gave him sodium Pentothal and asked what regrets he had I think canning chud after a year would be one and the other would be the tear down.

If he had any idea that teardown would result in 1-31 he would have said no way in heck. That was a disaster and he knows it. What I find the most unbelievable is that jimmy does not want a winner. He does and I hope that soon we get one.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I thought Haslam made it clear that when he says they report to him, he meant they did it as a group. That's what I got from his statement, not that the coach comes in and reports, and then Dorsey comes in and reports. It was more that they met with him and discussed what was going on. I can't see a problem with that.

The thing is the fans and the media like to spin it that Haslam is telling them how to do their job. I don't think that is even remotely close to what is actually happening.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Diam, watch the PC for yourself.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I watched it start to finish. He said they would look at structure at the end of the season. If Dorsey wants the coach to report to him, he will. This episode shows me that haslem is all in on Dorsey.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
I watched it start to finish. He said they would look at structure at the end of the season. If Dorsey wants the coach to report to him, he will. This episode shows me that haslem is all in on Dorsey.

I didn't get that feeling. If anything there were a few awkward moments bc Haslem wouldn't say that going forward the HC would report to Dorsey.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was talking to Diam. And I am not just talking about one sentence. I'm talking about a general feeling of Haslam and the state of things.

I'm not telling Diam what to think. I'm asking him to watch the entire PC and make up his own mind about the direction of the team.

I hope that is okay w/you?

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
you made a public comment on a public board and I commented on it publicly I think that is how it works.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure I get your point. I was just clarifying that I was not arguing w/you. I was asking Diam to watch the PC and make up his own mind. It had nothing to do w/you and I am not interested in arguing w/you.

A
Legend
Legend
A
But, others have watched it and disagree with your take.

Is that okay?

V
Legend
Legend
V
What take?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
I thought Haslam made it clear that when he says they report to him, he meant they did it as a group. That's what I got from his statement, not that the coach comes in and reports, and then Dorsey comes in and reports. It was more that they met with him and discussed what was going on. I can't see a problem with that.

The thing is the fans and the media like to spin it that Haslam is telling them how to do their job. I don't think that is even remotely close to what is actually happening.

I agree, and I see it more as him being an arbitrator between the head Coach and GM.

Hue Jackson described it as an open door policy, which equates to transparency between the department's of a franchise, hopefully working toward a common goal and of one mind.

Anyway as per usual the facts that people want to hear are embellished.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

That's for sure. LOL

Because we know that Jimmy Haslam has a great track record of sticking w/his hires and not blowing things up.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia

I didn't get that feeling. If anything there were a few awkward moments bc Haslem wouldn't say that going forward the HC would report to Dorsey.

Exactly.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
What once started as a promising season has dissolved into this.

When you don't see or hear Haslam you kind of forget.

Then he appears and just like that it all comes back.

So here we are with a season in ruin. Eight weeks of who is going to be our next savior?

I wish "Please do the Right Thing " had clout.

Unfortunately it does not.

Watching the press conference it made me come to boil.

Dorsey appeared subservient.

This will be again a Haslam decision.

I don't see an answer. I didn't hear Haslam say he will will look to correct a structural fault.

Honestly I am disheartened.

V
Legend
Legend
V
As usual, except for some qbs, we agree. LOL

I wasn't angry when we fired Hue. I was just sad and disappointed.

Then, I watched the presser........and man, I got very angry and came on here and went off. Haslam is slime.

And if I am reading his body language and facial expressions correctly, Dorsey is next!

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think that sums it up perfectly.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
V
Legend
Legend
V
One more thing...........Diam, I got on your ass a bit for trashing the Haslams. I said it appeared to be different this time. I said they were showing fortitude and I attributed that to Dee's work in the media and being a calming influence on Jimmy. You never agreed w/that.

You were right. I was wrong. My apologies, sir.

R
Legend
Legend
R
And if I am reading his body language and facial expressions correctly, Dorsey is next!

I didn't get this, but if Haslam doesn't get out of the way, it won't matter if Dorsey is here or not.

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
No need to apologize bro ... difference of opinion is all, nothing personal ... unfortunatley for us it turned out worst case ...

I don’t wanna go watch the presser .... i get the feeling its gonna kill my hope ... i dont want to rely purely on luck again ...

Its a really attractive job ... i can’t come to grips with the thief not getting out of the way ...

This could be soooooo good right now .... were in such good shape ...

PLEASE GET LUCKY ... PLEASE GET LUCKY ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Bro...............I only wanted you to watch the presser because there were two separate opinions of what went down.

I simply asked you to make up your own mind instead of listening to those guys.......or me.

I trusted your judgement.

I think that is fair.

I do get you not wanting to watch it...LOL

I just don't want to argue w/those guys, so I asked you to judge for yourself how much Jimmy has changed.

And thanks for saying I don't need to apologize, but you were right and I was wrong. That's just fair.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 10/30/18 10:30 PM. Reason: More info
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
And bro ... if we hire a college coach i’m gonna scream ...

And then next years destination may be back to the FACTORY OF SADNESS .... thumbsdown

V
Legend
Legend
V
My guess is you will be screaming.

I think Lincoln Riley will be the next HC of the Browns. It's all about Baker.

R
Legend
Legend
R
It's all about Baker.

As it should be.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I disagree. He has regressed as teams have figured him out.

It isn't fair for other players to take all the blame and not get any credit while Baker gets no blame and all the credit.

That will create a toxic atmosphere.

Dude isn't playing very well. He isn't reading coverages. His accuracy has gotten worse.

I think he has a good shot of being a good qb, but there is no way he is a sure thing.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I disagree. He has regressed as teams have figured him out.

It isn't fair for other players to take all the blame and not get any credit while Baker gets no blame and all the credit.

That will create a toxic atmosphere.

Dude isn't playing very well. He isn't reading coverages. His accuracy has gotten worse.

I think he has a good shot of being a good qb, but there is no way he is a sure thing.

There is nothing wrong with Baker.

He was saddled with a crappy OC and a crappy HC, a GM who took his #1 WR away, nobody to throw to, nobody to block the blitz, got thrown in instead of sitting and learning because the starting QB was garbage.

Pretty sure Baker would have been ok with being drafted by anyone else right now.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That's for sure. LOL

Because we know that Jimmy Haslam has a great track record of sticking w/his hires and not blowing things up.

Look bro ... Neither of us knows what transpired within the Browns office and behind the public's eye.

I rooted for Hue to have success because that would have meant that the team was also.

Jimmy might be what people say he is ,but if we had two Professional adults behaving like children, then shame on them.

That is not creating a winning culture in my book.

[Linked Image]

R
Legend
Legend
R
QB is the most important position in all of sports.

Baker has shown enough that you need to nurture his development. If successful, it should lead to successful seasons for 10+ years.

While I agree he has regressed, I don't think you can dismiss the effect of the Hue/Haley relationship on his play the last few games.

And as for him getting all the credit and no blame and the players getting mad about that, is that really a factor here? You've mentioned this multiple times. The guy defects all the praise and consistently takes all the blame. These are all adults here. If these guys are getting hurt because they feel slighted by the attention the QB is getting, maybe they should pick a different sport. That's just the way it is in the NFL.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It amazes me that you have called me out a few times w/in the last 2 days, but you never said a freaking word when guys constantly made crap up about Hue, such as when peenie said Hue was weak after watching Hard Knocks. You know, the same episode in which Hue lost his mother and was on the practice field at the scheduled time and never said a word to his players.

Is that weak?

Yet, you never said a word about that or similar posts.

Get outta my face.

A
Legend
Legend
A
And, with all your maturity and intelligence.............you say "peenie". Way to be a grown up.

One thing that, perhaps you have forgotten: Hue's record.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Stalker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good grief! Give your dance partner a call you're in need of a pick me up.

By your leave.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Dorsey hit on the draft, he's not gone. Been too many years we whiffed on high picks for Jimmy to do that.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Please do it RIGHT this time

Link Copied to Clipboard