Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Heard an interesting factoid on CBD just now: the Browns had 0 three-and-outs versus KC.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I knew that was Njoku!

People at the bar were saying it was Robinson, but I knew it was Njoku!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Gregg will be gone next year. Amos will be gone next year.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Since 1999.

Browns gonna brown.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
Heard an interesting factoid on CBD just now: the Browns had 0 three-and-outs versus KC.

Thats something new ... Kitchens?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Maybe?

BpG #1545145 11/05/18 05:05 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG
The Higgins chemistry just shows you how stupid it was not let Baker get any first team reps. I don’t think Hue said or did the right thing the entire time he was here. I wanted to keep hue but some of the things he said to media and the things he did were utter stupidity.

Not really wanting to argue, but whoever was the starting team, practiced with the starting QB. Why would any coach do otherwise?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
J/c
- I thought Kitchens called a good game.
- We were missing 4 or 5 DBs by the end and 2 starting LBs but tackling is fundamental. I fear for a new DC and the 3-4 being brought in even if it was Dick LeBeau.
- Duke made plays.
- We need 2 more receivers. Threats. With hands.
- Hope Ward is OK.
- Njoku’s effort to block on allowing Smith, I think, to consume Mayfield almost via osmosis was shocking. He flashes but come on. Missed assignment perhaps?
- We miss Randall and Schobert badly. Seems we have more missed coverages etc? Randall was great till the injury.
- Mayfield is a rookie. This is bonus time for his development. He does some things well but wasn’t as accurate as he started out. He sat out a few series - hope he’s OK.
- Chubb is a bell cow AFC North back.

Legend
Legend

Probably much more a combination of Kitchens and their poor defense than just Kitchens alone, I'm sure.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Probably much more a combination of Kitchens and their poor defense than just Kitchens alone, I'm sure.

Maybe, but we played bad defenses earlier in the season, like Oakland and the Bucs, and had too many quick 3 and outs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
How many points did we score against Oakland and Tampa Bay?

I think we have played a lot of bad defenses this year and a lot of good offenses.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 11/05/18 08:50 PM.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I thought that Perriman did a great job yesterday, catching almost everything thrown his way. Great pickup. Hope he continues to be get some balls thrown to him.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Did we really only have 4 penalties all day yesterday? Thats's not bad at all, considering the usual dozen or more.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Props to Kansas City for just doing everything they needed to do. They're a well coached team, and Pat Mahomes is the real deal. They still have some problems on defense, but they are going to be a force for quite some time.

I'm not going to come in here and just tear this team apart. The defense is absolutely depleted to second teamers and guys who just don't belong out there during relevant snaps. You have a coaching staff that knows they're lame duck. I just think it is pointless to bang home points that are so obvious, and probably being regurgitated all over talk radio airwaves and social media.

It just sucks that we have reached the halfway point and we're once again giving up on a season. We knew damn well that getting rid of a head coach and making the rest of his staff expendable was going to cause this, but Hue Jackson was so bad at his job that he left the Browns no choice.

The Browns got caught up in trying not to fire a coach too soon for the sake of continuity that they did themselves, and their very young team a disservice by wasting an entire season because they decided to retain a coach who probably should have been fired in the offseason.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I just hope that they find the right guy. I think Jimmy Haslam is committed to winning, I believe he wants to win, but I don't think he has any clue how to get there, and I hope he allows the football people, John Dorsey and his staff, decide who is going to lead this team going forward.

I think as Browns fans, at least we have Baker Mayfield to watch the rest of the year. I thought he played ok yesterday. Had that bad pick at the end of the game, but that kind of stuff is going to happen when you are constantly playing from behind. He had some nice throws, some throws he'd probably like back, but I hope to see some development from him going forward. I hope he treats this as a learning experience when he has a brand new coach, OC, and scheme/system in 2019.

I'm not really that mad about all of this, I was as shocked as anyone when they brought Hue Jackson back, but I can't blame them for doing what should have been done in the offseason, and HJ has gone on to make himself look even worse (why is he even being given a forum?).

For the first time in a long time, I don't even care about draft positioning either. We have a QB with a ton of potential. Draft picks are obviously still important to build the rest of the team, but now it's not having to worry about other teams drafting the QB we want, or that we pass on. I think we all feel pretty good about Mayfield going forward. Plus plenty of other needs at other positions that need help.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know if we have our franchise qb or not.

I think continually firing people and the inevitable upheaval of the roster is stupid.

I think we will continue to spin our wheels as long as Haslams listens the manipulative media and clueless fans.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think sperg was saying that we don't have to worry about drafting a QB next April. We have a guy we can at least move forward with, see how things develop.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I think sperg was saying that we don't have to worry about drafting a QB next April. We have a guy we can at least move forward with, see how things develop.

Exactly. I'm not penciling him in for the next decade plus. Just saying that we shouldn't be drafting a QB in the first round next year. I think we can all agree in what we've seen from BM, we're all ok with him being the starter going forward. Nobody is saying he deserves the next 10 years.

Plus, it's nice knowing we can use our picks on other areas of the team that badly need help, and depth.

I don't care where we pick next year. It doesn't matter to me.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Props to Kansas City for just doing everything they needed to do. They're a well coached team, and Pat Mahomes is the real deal. They still have some problems on defense, but they are going to be a force for quite some time.

I'm not going to come in here and just tear this team apart. The defense is absolutely depleted to second teamers and guys who just don't belong out there during relevant snaps. You have a coaching staff that knows they're lame duck. I just think it is pointless to bang home points that are so obvious, and probably being regurgitated all over talk radio airwaves and social media.

It just sucks that we have reached the halfway point and we're once again giving up on a season. We knew damn well that getting rid of a head coach and making the rest of his staff expendable was going to cause this, but Hue Jackson was so bad at his job that he left the Browns no choice.

The Browns got caught up in trying not to fire a coach too soon for the sake of continuity that they did themselves, and their very young team a disservice by wasting an entire season because they decided to retain a coach who probably should have been fired in the offseason.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I just hope that they find the right guy. I think Jimmy Haslam is committed to winning, I believe he wants to win, but I don't think he has any clue how to get there, and I hope he allows the football people, John Dorsey and his staff, decide who is going to lead this team going forward.

I think as Browns fans, at least we have Baker Mayfield to watch the rest of the year. I thought he played ok yesterday. Had that bad pick at the end of the game, but that kind of stuff is going to happen when you are constantly playing from behind. He had some nice throws, some throws he'd probably like back, but I hope to see some development from him going forward. I hope he treats this as a learning experience when he has a brand new coach, OC, and scheme/system in 2019.

I'm not really that mad about all of this, I was as shocked as anyone when they brought Hue Jackson back, but I can't blame them for doing what should have been done in the offseason, and HJ has gone on to make himself look even worse (why is he even being given a forum?).

For the first time in a long time, I don't even care about draft positioning either. We have a QB with a ton of potential. Draft picks are obviously still important to build the rest of the team, but now it's not having to worry about other teams drafting the QB we want, or that we pass on. I think we all feel pretty good about Mayfield going forward. Plus plenty of other needs at other positions that need help.

Extremely well said

Nice to feel like an NFL team for once going in the draft.

We can just take whatever standout appeals to us instead of being forced to take a QB or Pass Rusher.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, those calling Baker a FQB are being WAY too generous right now ... and vice versa.

We'll know a lot more in a year IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Yeah, those calling Baker a FQB are being WAY too generous right now ... and vice versa.

I'm real happy we have Baker ... wouldn't trade hm for any other rookie QB ...

Curious to know who is calling him a franchise QB ?? I have not seen that. Is this just hyperbole ?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Seriously? There is no hyperbole.

Why go there? There are multiple posters saying it. Are you going to make me name them so there can be another fight? Or, is it that you suggesting that I am making it up, which is grounds for another fight?

How about this, scroll through this thread and others and see if you can find it yourself?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I'm real happy we have Baker ... wouldn't trade hm for any other rookie QB ...

Curious to know who is calling him a franchise QB ?? I have not seen that. Is this just hyperbole ?

Yes it is. There are...maybe...a handful of people on this board who are convinced Baker is a FQB. There are many, many, many more people who are "real happy we have Baker and wouldn't trade him for any other rookie Qb."

R
Legend
Legend
R
Posters should be saying they believe Baker is the franchise QB if inclined to do so. He was the #1 overall pick for that reason. He has played decent enough to justify the pick to this point. Why wouldn't people want to believe this.

I've never seen a fan base tear down their own like this one.

At some point as fans you have to have some hope and optimism. This fan base looks for every reason in the book to have things fail.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You are entitled to your opinion. I prefer an objective approach. I think it is too early to say he is--or isn't--a franchise qb.

I think he has a shot of becoming that guy. I've seen good things and other things that are not so good. I don't think that is a negative attitude or tearing down one of my own.

But, I can tell this going to get ugly..........so, I'm out.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You are entitled to your opinion. I prefer an objective approach. I think it is too early to say he is--or isn't--a franchise qb.

Me personally I just try to call it like I see it, both good and bad, objectively, a week at a time.

Quote:
I think he has a shot of becoming that guy. I've seen good things and other things that are not so good. I don't think that is a negative attitude or tearing down one of my own.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this. Other than some overly critical comments you made a few weeks ago, I see you are doing your best to be fair and objective. I don't think you are tearing Baker down with your assessments.

It's that many people are cautiously optimistic about his prospects and you take that cautious optimism and turn it into a bad thing stating that people have already determined he's a franchise QB when in fact that is not happening.

And my point is that even if it was happening why would that be bad? He was the #1 overall pick to be the franchise QB.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wasnt just talking about this board really ... it's in the national narrative as well

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Browns went for it on several 4th downs. That surely contributed.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Was it me, or am I the only one that noticed KC only had like 3 or 4 3rd down plays. Pathetic.

D
day Offline
Rookie
Rookie
D
KC was 6 of 10 on third down, but I am like you it did not seem like that many

Legend
Legend
C'mon folks, we all know the reality. Baker can't be a FQB, he's a midget.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
C'mon folks, we all know the reality. Baker can't be a FQB, he's a midget.

superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
Legend
V
He's joking.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Seriously? There is no hyperbole.

Why go there? There are multiple posters saying it. Are you going to make me name them so there can be another fight? Or, is it that you suggesting that I am making it up, which is grounds for another fight?

How about this, scroll through this thread and others and see if you can find it yourself?

[1] I don't understand why this has to be about you.
[2] I have not seen anyone say that Baker is a definitive FQB.
[3] Why do I have to go looking for something to substantiate and prove something a different poster claimed - the onus is on them to back up what they claim.
[4] Why does it have to be a fight?

I don't think BM is close to being a franchise QB at this point. I didn't think Wentz was after his rookie season and he looked way better than Baker has. To be a FQB you have to be great and you have to be consistent and you have to do it over an extended period of time - games/seasons. I don't see how anyone could claim BM is a franchise QB at this point ... it's not debatable.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
day #1545508 11/06/18 02:38 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: day
KC was 6 of 10 on third down, but I am like you it did not seem like that many
those had to come at games end then - because I swear at halftime the stat line was 2-3 or something.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
C'mon folks, we all know the reality. Baker can't be a FQB, he's a midget. /purple

superconfused

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m OPTIMISTIC about Bake ..

I feel safe is saying that Vers at least has HOPE for Bake ...

I believe Pitt and Bone are “optimistic” about Bakes CHANCES ...

The 4 of us BELIEVE BAKE HAS A CHANCE ... sumptin i don’t believe any of us have really thought about any of our rooks after witnessing a 1/2 dozen games or so ... they’d all pretty much confirmed our worst fears by that point ...

With Bake i feel confident in speaking for those guys in saying we believe BAKE HAS A CHANCE ... i’m OPTIMISTIC .. they may not be optimistic but the fact they think there’s a chance is a good thing ...

I’ll do it for u Vers .. i’min the mood for a good fight .. *L* ... just kidding .. i’ll Just IGNORE them ,,,

Then there’s guys like Device and Eotab who have been proclaiming he was Drew Jr, since the second we picked him ...

There NOT OPTIMISTIC ... they’ve anointed him and started his bust the second he was announced ...

U haven’t been around much .. at least not posting .. if u been reading your reading comprehension is comparable to your control of your temper in the day following a browns loss ... there isn’t any ... *LOL* ..

There the anti-thesis to Rasta and a few others who are crapping on Bake ...

MOST Dawgs are like Vers, Pit and myself ... we think he has a SHOT and understand rookie QB’s will simply have rookie QB moments .. question is are they simply rookie moments or are they going to be roadblocksto a succesful career ...

Then theres the FRINGES ... device, tabber and a few others on one side and Rasta and a few others to balance out the clowns on the other side ..

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I think Baker WILL be the franchise QB. He has shown me he posses every attribute to be one.

But he still has to get there, hes not there yet. To say ANY ROOKIE is a franchise qb is an opinion, nothing more.

That's the difference - some say he IS, some say he is NOT, some say he COULD be, I say he WILL BE thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
You are correct about me Diam. I think Baker has a good chance to develop into a great QB. There are certainly questions moving forward and the jury is still out. But the kid has a good skill set with which to work with. IMO nobody can say with certainty how a kid will develop. We've all seen it turn out both ways and anything going forward is possible. But the early results are positive and he has more skill than any kid we've drafted since our return in 1999.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
So does this mean I can't join your PMs?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
So does this mean I can't join your PMs?

Not til 3 or 4 days after a loss ... wink ...

Not sure why the snarky response ... i think we agree on Bake ...

I just pointed out there’s some posters that have gone WELL BEYOND optimistic ..

Device and tabber have had him enshrined since we announced ..

U said no one was going overboard with the bake hype .... i gave two examples that proved u wrong ... sorry about that i guess ... *shrugs* ...

IF we do a group PM .. i have no probs letting U in tomorrow .. you seem to have calmed down quickly this week ... *LOL* ...

R
Legend
Legend
R
I usually need 7 days to calm down after a loss, which means I never calm down.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Chiefs 37 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard