|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,341
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,341 |
Not sure I agree. I'm born again, and have done plenty of unchristian like things.
I dont think its possible to be a Saint unless God has chosen you to speak through you. So did every saint in the Bible 
John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,964
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,964 |
First, I think the comments on the pictures are a little out there.
Second, I really do not much care what folks do in their social club. The emphasis on trappings of wealth and opulence in most such, but certainly not all, organizations I find mildly disgusting.
However, the Catholic Church has, for quite some time, and to a pretty extreme degree, not just condoned, but actively promoted and enabled child molestation in victim numbers reaching into the thousands, just in recent years. It is a rampant, inherent, systemic problem that they have consistently failed to address, and is at least in part fueled by their celibacy rules.
Someone who takes a molester running the youth group, or children's choir, covers up their crimes and then sends them to another parish, that needs a choir director or youth pastor, while saying NOTHING about the man's crimes, is an accomplice and facilitator.
Such an institution should be abolished, destroyed, pounded into the dust, and generally removed from existence, and will never, EVER, receive any support, toleration, or anything remotely approaching positive statements or thoughts, from me.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433 |
First, I think the comments on the pictures are a little out there.
Second, I really do not much care what folks do in their social club. The emphasis on trappings of wealth and opulence in most such, but certainly not all, organizations I find mildly disgusting.
However, the Catholic Church has, for quite some time, and to a pretty extreme degree, not just condoned, but actively promoted and enabled child molestation in victim numbers reaching into the thousands, just in recent years. It is a rampant, inherent, systemic problem that they have consistently failed to address, and is at least in part fueled by their celibacy rules.
Someone who takes a molester running the youth group, or children's choir, covers up their crimes and then sends them to another parish, that needs a choir director or youth pastor, while saying NOTHING about the man's crimes, is an accomplice and facilitator.
Such an institution should be abolished, destroyed, pounded into the dust, and generally removed from existence, and will never, EVER, receive any support, toleration, or anything remotely approaching positive statements or thoughts, from me. I agree with you. Might be one of the only times we do agree.
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... umm Pope Audience Hall !
|
|