Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Of course this is not surprising as many people predicted this to happen but the Good Ole Boy/Cocoon system in the NFL strikes again.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Any doubt Hue replaces Marvin?

Could happen as early as this offseason I think.

D
Legend
Legend
D
It makes sense ... its a great fit ...

Lewis is gonna take over the D ... Hue knows Dalton and some of the O personal ... Lewis trusts him ...

as Timone would say ... in times Ike these,u gotta put your past behind u ....

Hue’s gone .... just like Sashi ... what they do now means nuttin to me .. i could care less ... i have zero ill will toward either of them .. they tied and it didn’t work ... water under the bridge ...

He’s back in our division ... i dont wish him ill will hut i hope he loses every game for that fact ... *LOL* ...

Legend
Legend
Marvin is desperate for wins and plays us twice. Hiring Hue was a no-brainer for him.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Beat 'em twice. Hue is just another guy. He was more PR than football at the end. Those games are going to be Huey vs Williams. I like our shots.

Tried to support him while here. I no longer do so. Strap up and let's play!!

Break his will.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Gee, its almost like Hue wanted to trade away a lot of picks to Cincy for a bad backup QB, so he could go coach there in a year.....

I am so happy we are done with this clown.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Any doubt Hue replaces Marvin?

Could happen as early as this offseason I think.

I think the plan for Cincinnati was for it to happen last season.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Gee, its almost like Hue wanted to trade away a lot of picks to Cincy for a bad backup QB, so he could go coach there in a year.....

I was wondering how long that would take .... shocked it took this long for someone to bring it up ... *LOL* ...

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Maybe we should hire the Bengals Ex DC as an "advisor" to the defense.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope the team gets fired up enough to kick their asses. Twice. Embarrassing losses to the Bengal with Hue as the "Special Assistant to the Head Coach" would not be a good look.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I was wondering how long that would take .... shocked it took this long for someone to bring it up ... *LOL* ...
Hey you know me...

but honestly - the consensus and reports last year was that Marvin was hanging it up and Hue was going to be fired by Jimmy after going 0-16. He would have taken over for the Bungles this year, with those extra picks.

If you would have asked me a few weeks ago - I would have said it was crazy. But after watching Hue's woe is me campaign the last few weeks.....I don't put anything past him. Hue is about Hue. Plain and simple.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...I don't like the idea of the Bengals hiring Hue just in time to be a Class A spy for them. Also says a lot for his love of players here.

I hope this means he will lose his guaranteed salary that we had for him after firing him???

Hue is a very good OC I do not like the fact that he will be taking over that after this season. He is obvious the heir apparent to Marvin Lewis. It was even stated so by the media prior to this season beginning.

I don't like that, seems like his allegiance was always toward the Bengals and not the Browns. Hope we kick their Butts, Twice!

As for our next HIRE...if not a super star Candidate like Lincoln Riley.

I HOPE that we keep it just the way it is. GW as the HC and DC with Kitchens running the O. Keep Continuity as much as possible. Hope this crew goes on a big time winning streak and keep the jobs as they stand now. Let Dorsey finish what he started. Draft some stud LBs and DBs and possibly a RT/LT prospect or two.

jmho

I love his Avery pick, Chubb and hey we still might see Corbett still stud out for us...hoping it is at Center but haven't heard anything about his transition there. Just playing Chess Game.

Hopefully we will get a Mack type of stud in FA, if we spend big bucks hope its for a stud.

Hey is Peterson in his last contract year?

Randall for Kizer was also a big time trade for us!

Got to love Dorsey and for us to continue this Build up and see it to the end!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Week 16 - Bengals at Browns (day before Christmas Eve)

Any chance this game gets flexed to SNF? ... the current game is KC at SEA

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
On CBD, they have spoken recently about Corbett getting extensive work at center, they were speculating he might have gotten the start against Atlanta. Tretter has been nursing an ankle sprain for most of the season.

Not much about how he did or any comments from coaches, etc.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Nelson37
On CBD, they have spoken recently about Corbett getting extensive work at center, they were speculating he might have gotten the start against Atlanta. Tretter has been nursing an ankle sprain for most of the season.

Not much about how he did or any comments from coaches, etc.

Good to hear!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

A similar thing already happened. He was the driving force behind giving up a first and second round pick for Carson Palmer, then Hue ended up back with the Bengals after the season.

I wonder what Joel Bitonio and other vets think about this more recent move back to Cinci. Not the public soundbites but their real thoughts about working their tails off for three years under the guy, only to constantly be told you're not good enough, and to have him bail for a divisional rival (and next opponent) two weeks after being fired.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
IMO, he knows next to nothing about our offensive tendencies under Kitchens, and maybe just slightly more about defensive tendencies under Williams.

I am hoping for a truly historic beat-down.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

They usually want games with playoff contenders.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

They usually want games with playoff contenders.
yes, usually ... but ... smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

This conversation has me thinking. At the time of his hiring, Hue was widely regarded as a top HC candidate, a coup for the Browns. He was, at that time, the heir apparent for Lewis in Cincy. He comes to Cleveland compiles the worst HC record ever and is fired. Now he has been rehired by Cincy and possibly reclaims the heir apparent role.

Are the Browns the victim of a long con?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
M
Legend
Legend
M
Shouldn't be long down in Ciny before Hue does what Hue does, gets Lazor fired and takes over as the OC.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
That's my safety!!!!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BpG

Dang.

#LeaderofMen

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Haus

A similar thing already happened. He was the driving force behind giving up a first and second round pick for Carson Palmer, then Hue ended up back with the Bengals after the season.

I wonder what Joel Bitonio and other vets think about this more recent move back to Cinci. Not the public soundbites but their real thoughts about working their tails off for three years under the guy, only to constantly be told you're not good enough, and to have him bail for a divisional rival (and next opponent) two weeks after being fired.

I don't see myself as the tinfoil hat type, but wow... I completely forgot about that, and it kinda makes you think.

One time is a coincidence... twice out of 2 HC stints is... more than a coincidence?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Lol, Hue Schrute.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Randall has absolutely no love for Hue good lord.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
First and Foremost....anyone who thinks Hue was not fully committed to the Browns while he was here doesn't know JACK. That really is spite and character assassination and it is uncalled for and beneath us.

People are using the grab for QB's as proof??? LOL Remember the QB's he had in both situations. And now remember that both Palmer and McCarron know his system. And therefore he does not have to spend all of his time teaching. Secondly, when he was with the Raiders in that difficult situation, he won 8 games. Most wanted him to stay except for the new FO.

As for going to Cincy....well wouldn't you??? First he feels slighted in his firing...whether he is right or wrong (I think he is wrong)...he feels slighted. He was forced to take on an OC...and then when the OC does things that he disagrees with like not playing Chubb and Johnson more, or getting Baker some rhythm throws. He knew his butt was on the hot seat.

So now he is fired...he feels some resentment, and his best friend, who happens to be in the same division, offers him a job. Now..even if Cincy wasn't in the same division, he would have went there.

Really enough said about that...I just think it is rather petty and unjustified to think he purposely ran the Browns into the ground. In fact I think it is just the opposite....I think he ran himself into the ground because he was so committed.

After watching these last 2 games...and watching Williams victory speech (short as it was)....It got me to thinking.

In Williams speech, he emphasized BELIEVE. Do you believe? I want "believe" on the game balls to remind us. And the in the last 2 games, the Browns have played a lot looser. (that is "looser" as in the opposite of tight...and not "loser" as in one who does not win...lol) They had far less penalties. And had overall the best performances we have seen in several years. Now the fewer penalties could be as result our our constant complaints to the Head Office...LOL....But it also reminded me of the past couple of years. Hue kept saying we had to play "perfect" to win a game. Perfect here, perfect there, etc. Who is going to play well in that situation? No one is going to play perfect. No one...Not Brady, Not Brees, not Otto Graham. Even Baker felt the uncertainty with his decisions because he didn't want to make a mistake at this high level game. But Williams tells them...mistakes will happen...Go out there and let it rip. He says you are smart players and I trust you. I think the team plays well and faster with out such a huge emphasis of playing "perfect". That is Hue's downfall.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue never worked with Palmer before Oakland so that part of your story is incorrect. When Palmer was the QB of the Bengals Hue was the WR coach.

When Hue signed on he was told this was going to be a rebuild and would take some time yet once the losing started and it looked like his job might be in jeopardy Hue started blaming everything on everyone else and did everything he could to make it look like things weren't his fault and undermined the whole team. His firing was of his own making so he should not feel the least bit slighted.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Quote:
First and Foremost....anyone who thinks Hue was not fully committed to the Browns while he was here doesn't know JACK. That really is spite and character assassination and it is uncalled for and beneath us.

I think it's more like tossing a theory around. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the strangely similar qb situations he was involved in. Is it a far fetched story? Yes. But I don't see anything wrong with discussing it.

Quote:
He was forced to take on an OC...

People keep saying this, but Hue himself said that bringing Haley in was his idea.

Quote:
So now he is fired...he feels some resentment, and his best friend, who happens to be in the same division, offers him a job. Now..even if Cincy wasn't in the same division, he would have went there.

I don't blame Hue one bit for taking that job. It's a business.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
j/c

I for one don't feel too smug about this. I see it as a big advantage for Cincy when the Browns will need 2 wins against them for any hope at a postseason. Hue was a bad head coach here; I'm ambivalent about his firing, have no ill will toward him, and do not judge him for taking a job offer. I do worry that his knowledge of Browns players/tendencies/plays will be used against us in a tough division game. Even though he failed as HC here, he's been in the league a long time and had success before. He's a professional coach and Cincy will leverage that against our team in two weeks.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg
j/c

I do worry that his knowledge of Browns players/tendencies/plays

He does know some of the players, but he ignored Duke, didn't want Baker to play etc ... and our tendencies and plays are not even close to what they were under him ??????

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Marvin Lewis doesnt need Hue Jackson to beat the Browns.
the Bengals have only won the last 7 or 8 meetings by double digits.
Hue is going to Cincy to aleve some of the responsibities off Lewis as Lewis gives his full attention to the defense.
Hue tried to win as Browns HC
while the front office quietly tanked the 1st 2 years without saying it.
Hue has faults but his desire to win here cant be questioned.
BTW wheres Todd Haley at today.
oh yeah out of work

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
No one is going to play perfect. No one...Not Brady, Not Brees, not Otto Graham. Even Baker felt the uncertainty with his decisions because he didn't want to make a mistake at this high level game. But Williams tells them...mistakes will happen...Go out there and let it rip. He says you are smart players and I trust you. I think the team plays well and faster with out such a huge emphasis of playing "perfect". That is Hue's downfall.

Interesting take, Pete. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThomasE
sounds pretty definite they're bringing hue back just in time for the browns game: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-bengals-staff

Is that even ethical? He has our playbook on bothsides of the ball.

But I digress. .. It is still the NFL.

[Linked Image]

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Don't we have his - Zampese still with us?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Don't we have his - Zampese still with us?

Hue is not going to be calling plays for the Bengals.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: eotab
I hope this means he will lose his guaranteed salary that we had for him after firing him???

I don't think so. That's why he's a special assistant. He's basically a consultant. Chud did something similar when he was with the Colts so that they didn't have to pay him.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns fire Hue Jackson Part Two

Link Copied to Clipboard