Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

You know that voice most people have in their head that says NO DON'T POST THAT, Yeah I gotta get one of those.

He needs voices to tell him what to do, but the dems are losers. #BlueWins

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O'Reilly: Where Pinhead Jim Acosta Went Wrong

Legend
Legend
why are you posting videos of a guy who got fired for sexual harassment?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

So you don't disagree about what he said? rofl

Why do you defend NFL players that beat their wives?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo

i do disagree with him. and i've always stated that if an nfl player beat his wife, he should be arrest and kicked out the league.

so you managed to lie twice in one post. congrats.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

i do disagree with him. and i've always stated that if an nfl player beat his wife, he should be arrest and kicked out the league.

so you managed to lie twice in one post. congrats.

Nope. Your first post you didn't disagree you have defended players who have beaten their wives.

so you managed to lie twice in one post. congrats

Legend
Legend
just because i didn't state that i disagreed with him doesn't automatically mean anything. you're reaching so hard right now its pathetic.

again, i've made my stance very clear on my dislike for nfl players who beat their women.

but keep lying. this is why its impossible to have any sort of meaningful dialogue with you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
just because i didn't state that i disagreed with him doesn't automatically mean anything. you're reaching so hard right now its pathetic.

again, i've made my stance very clear on my dislike for nfl players who beat their women.

but keep lying. this is why its impossible to have any sort of meaningful dialogue with you.

You backed the players taking a knee some of them had beaten their wives. you know it.

Legend
Legend

You backed the players taking a knee some of them had beaten their wives. you know it.

i backed players constitutional rights? oh man, im such a bad person!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

i backed players constitutional rights? oh man, im such a bad person!!

They have a constitutional right to beat their wives?

Legend
Legend

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Which one are you?

Legend
Legend

You back NLF players by being a part of this forum community. So just stop with your high and mighty BS please.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, if Vambo wanted to send a message he'd boycott the NFL and any forums that are primarily for NFL discussion wink

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
CNN sues President Trump and top White House aides for barring Jim Acosta

CNN sues White House for using doctored video to bar Jim Acosta

Spreading fake news has consequences.
By Aaron Rupar Nov 13, 2018, 11:42am EST

CNN sued the White House on Tuesday morning, demanding that security credentials be reinstated to journalist Jim Acosta, who was barred from the White House following a testy exchange with President Donald Trump during a news conference last week.

Press secretary Sarah Sanders accused Acosta of “placing his hands” on a White House aide who tried to physically remove a microphone from Acosta and tweeted out a video that purportedly showed him doing so. But CNN’s lawsuit argues the allegation is transparently bogus and based on the use of doctored video that appears to have originated with far-right conspiracy website Infowars.

The lawsuit also cites White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s incoherent comments on Fox News on Sunday during which she acknowledged the video was “sped up,” but argued there’s a difference between that and doctoring footage.

Trump made a similarly unconvincing defense of the bizarrely dishonest tactics the White House employed in an attempt to justify Acosta’s banishment.

“The content and viewpoint of CNN’s and Acosta’s reporting on the Trump administration—not his interaction with the staffer at the November 7 press conference—were the real reason the White House indefinitely revoked his press credentials,” the lawsuit says. “Neither the White House nor the Secret Service has provided Acosta any formal notice of the reasons for, opportunity to be heard regarding, or opportunity to challenge, the decision to revoke his hard pass.”

In a statement announcing the lawsuit, CNN said that “[w]hile the suit is specific to CNN and Acosta, this could have happened to anyone. If left unchallenged, the actions of the White House would create a dangerous chilling effect for any journalist who covers our elected officials.”

CNN alleges that the White House is violating the network’s First Amendment and Fifth Amendment rights by banning him from the White House over objections to his reporting, and demands “[i]mmediate restoration of Acosta’s press credentials and hard pass so that Plaintiffs may continue to report from White House briefings and perform their jobs on White House grounds and at other presidential events.”

As the Atlantic detailed, there’s a legal precedent that suggests CNN’s lawsuit may be successful. In the late 1960s and early ’70s, the Nation correspondent Robert Sherrill was banned from the White House. The ACLU eventually sued, arguing Sherill’s banishment violated his First and Fifth Amendment rights, and ultimately prevailed.

“Once the government creates the kind of forum that it has created, like the White House briefing room, it can’t selectively include or exclude people on the basis of ideology or viewpoint,” Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU’s Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project, told the Atlantic, summarizing the lessons of Sherill’s case.

In a statement released late Tuesday morning, Sanders dismissed the lawsuit as “just more grandstanding from CNN,” adding that the White House “will vigorously defend against the lawsuit.”

The statement went on to move the goalposts yet again by citing another new justification for Acosta’s banishment: that he purportedly hogs the spotlight from other reporters.

“The First Amendment is not served when a single reporter, of more than 150 present, attempts to monopolize the floor,” Sanders said. “If there is no check on this type of behavior it impedes the ability of the president, the White House staff and members of the media to conduct business.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...-doctored-video

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Bob Woodward criticizes CNN's Acosta lawsuit, says media's 'emotionally unhinged' about Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bob-woo...ged-about-trump

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Spicer on Acosta, CNN Suing Trump Admin: 'It's Not a Right to Be Able to Go to WH'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/13/se...rd-pass-revoked

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's definitely not a right to be invited into the press room. As far as I can tell you're an invited guest.

Honestly I don't even know, is the President even required to give these media sessions?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Freedom of press just means that they cannot be jailed for what they write or report. It does not grant ANY of the press access to the WH or the President.

This play by CNN is a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves.

P
Legend
Legend
P
There's plenty of shame to go around.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How Trump would it be to reinstate him, never call on him and then ban him again when he freaks out and inevitably interrupts? God I am laughing just thinking about it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

Freedom of press just means that they cannot be jailed for what they write or report. It does not grant ANY of the press access to the WH or the President.

They didn't ban CNN from the White House, just ignorant Jimmy.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I find it funny how many defend Trump here in this issue. What a damn loser he is. Can't take the heat. He's such a screw up(if not a crook) that he has to ban reporters who ask uncomfortable questions AND make up stories as to why! Faked a video to do it! LOSER.

Same guys taking his side in here say nothing about him disrespecting Vets on Veterans Day! What a damn loser! Too busy laying in bed sucking his thumb to be President that day, pouting over the ass whooping he took on election day!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/14/18 05:52 PM.

Legend
Legend
You probably applaud loudly for the dinner guest who dances on the table. tsktsk

Manners, my good man, manners.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
You probably applaud loudly for the dinner guest who dances on the table. tsktsk

Manners, my good man, manners.

This from the court jester.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-back...2NYJ5tBACvWxNYc

rofl This will irk Trump.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I don't recall any outrage from you when Fox reporters were being surveyed by the AG and wiretapped? Weird.

Legend
Legend
J/C

Except in this case when Trump is antagonistic to the press. What is it you expect them to do.. Sit there like good little children and let the President lie to everyone..

Is that what you want?

Yes, CNN is a joke, so is FOX...

Last edited by Damanshot; 11/15/18 10:13 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Except in this case when the antagonistic to the press.
I watched the entire presser, Acosta was the one instantly raising his voice, talking over others, and refusing to give up the microphone when he was told to.

I stated Trump could have and should have acted better as well. However, he didn't really go off on Acosta until he refused to give the mic.

I don't remember Fox suing Obama when he wiretapped their reporters. J/S.

P
Legend
Legend
P
One is president and one is a reporter. I think the expected standard from each should be different.

There was a time in our nation when we expected our president to act presidential. That time wasn't so long ago.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
One is president and one is a reporter. I think the expected standard from each should be different.

There was a time in our nation when we expected our president to act presidential. That time wasn't so long ago.
Exactly, the reporter should have more respect for the office of the President of the United States. Thank you for agreeing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I certainly don't agree. The president is someone who is responsible for our nation. Someone who should try to unite our country and not act like an azz hole. The other is a reporter.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Exactly, the reporter should have more respect for the office of the President of the United States. Thank you for agreeing.
you read it here folks. Pit has no respect for the Office of the President of the United States.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have respect for any and every president who has earned it. Trump hasn't. If you think a man who consistently tries to divide our own people as worthy of respect, you go on and respect him. Respect is earned, not given.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I have respect for any and every president who has earned it. Trump hasn't. If you think a man who consistently tries to divide our own people as worthy of respect, you go on and respect him. Respect is earned, not given.
Maybe your reading comprehension is lacking in your older age - I highlighted the words for you.

I have no problem with people not liking trump, as I have no problem with people not liking Obama. However in a professional setting at a press conference, when you are a "journalist" in the press conference, your job is to take the information and report it. Not argue policy or you personal beliefs on said policy. If you want to be a commentator, change your job title and turn in your Press pass.

There is absolutely no way to try to defend the behavior of Acosta, and by trying to so makes your TDS on notice.

But you will reply simply with a "whatabout" Obama I am sure as that is what you do. Its cool man, you hate the US. At least those on the far left admit it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My only response would be that maybe you should try to hold Trump to the same type of standard. I mean after all, he is the one who said that the free press in "the enemy of the people" but I don't see you taking him to task for that.

I love my country. Which is why I oppose Trump. He is the great divider.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My only response would be that maybe you should try to hold Trump to the same type of standard. I mean after all, he is the one who said that the free press in "the enemy of the people" but I don't see you taking him to task for that.

I love my country. Which is why I oppose Trump. He is the great divider.

Sneaky half truth you worked in there as usual. tsktsk
Trump was not referring to the Free Press, he was referring to today's Press as being the enemy of the people.

You know, the Democrat Propaganda Press we citizens suffer today.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So only the 80% of the press that actually calls him on his BS. Because that's what he said.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So only the 80% of the press that actually calls him on his BS. Because that's what he said.

At least Vambo posts links to the FACTS of what he has to say. His opinions are based on facts that he provides.

You and others just spew hate, never a link to your FAKE FACTS! tsktsk

P
Legend
Legend
P
About 80 percent of the media are ‘the enemy of the people,’ Trump says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...m=.d921a1e57953

Trump says Democrats are 'the party of crime.'

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...ked-his-n920451

He's the great divider and Chief. Maybe if you actually watched more than just Fox News you would learn some things.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

Link Copied to Clipboard