Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
My only response would be that maybe you should try to hold Trump to the same type of standard. I mean after all, he is the one who said that the free press in "the enemy of the people" but I don't see you taking him to task for that.

I love my country. Which is why I oppose Trump. He is the great divider.
You mean CNN who tried to oust a guy for posting a meme about them? Or led the charge to have RT register as a foreign agent - weird BBC is not. Or when the last admin montitored journalist like Rosen? I didn't hear you then. Was that part of the Standard you are talking about? Or when CNN has guest on calling him hitler and a dictator, that type of respectful reporting? Or when they on National TV report he is a Russian asset or agent w/ no evidence? or the 93% negative reporting they conduct? Yes, anyone pitching as many false and blatant lies are an enemy of the people.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
One is president and one is a reporter. I think the expected standard from each should be different.

There was a time in our nation when we expected our president to act presidential. That time wasn't so long ago.
Exactly, the reporter should have more respect for the office of the President of the United States. Thank you for agreeing.
you read it here folks. Pit has no respect for the Office of the President of the United States.

Pit and Acosta respect the office, but this man holding the office is hard to respect, very hard. He must be held responsible for his actions and the questions were fair. Get over it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
See, his blind followers believe him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
One is president and one is a reporter. I think the expected standard from each should be different.

There was a time in our nation when we expected our president to act presidential. That time wasn't so long ago.
Exactly, the reporter should have more respect for the office of the President of the United States. Thank you for agreeing.
you read it here folks. Pit has no respect for the Office of the President of the United States.

Pit and Acosta respect the office, but this man holding the office is hard to respect, very hard. He must be held responsible for his actions and the questions were fair. Get over it.

You need to stop pushing your false reporting that Acosta's questions were the subject of his losing his Press Pass.

It was his actions and behavior that got him tossed.

Legend
Legend
See, his blind followers believe him.

More FAKE NEWS and Hate.

Willit is not a blind follower. You on the other had are filled with blind hate.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

are you saying that Acosta must be responsible for his actions or trump in your statement? I cannot tell by your sentence highlighted.

I will respond that you mean Trump, well...because Trump!

I never said anything about the questions in themselves. I said Acosta's actions and disregard for a professional setting, along with how he acted toward an intern trying to do her job - was and is why he doesn't have a press pass anymore. Deservedly so, mind you. I think your "get over it" should be directed toward CNN.

I also find it ironic that you are telling me to "get over it" when YOU are the one crying about his press pass being taking lol. OH THE IRONY. Its your thread, bub. Get over it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's the problem. willit is quick to point out that CNN is critical of the president. He's quick to point out how CNN has guests that say inflammatory things about the president.

Yet if you noticed, he never pointed out that FOX News does the exact same thing in the opposite direction. That basically they are nothing more than a mouth piece for Trump. How they used the entire "caravan rhetoric" to incite Republican voters in order to drum up the vote then the coverage for that same story has been greatly diminished ever since the election.

I've never denied that CNN is slanted in their coverage. Yet at the same time those so quick to point it out never seem to speak about how this is a two way street.

And all of your "fake news and hate" rhetoric have lost their luster. Nobody cares about your "fake outrage" anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you and yours need to send out e-mails to FOX News since they are backing the law suit. Where's your outrage over that?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll keep it simple. Trump's declining to answer the tough questions, calling reporters and news outlets names, then his lackey getting all grabby caused all of this. Acosta was doing his job, period.

I know the right has problems with facts, but dems da facts. Anything else you say or spin games you play is just BS like every other day.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

You need to stop pushing your false reporting that Acosta's questions were the subject of his losing his Press Pass.

Tools belong in the shed.

Acosta's press creds were taken because Trump is a sore loser and a coward. The fact that the admin used an altered video to cast doubt on Acosta's actions speak volumes to anyone with an actual intellect. Such a sad thing to do. Your President is a small man.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/15/18 03:20 PM.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sort of like FOX News and their coverage of the caravan post election. It's a two way street.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So.

Legend
Legend
As long as he spewed hate for Trump he was the Darling of the Press.

Free Press my arse!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sort of like the caravan story by Trump and FOX News. Until after the election......

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
As long as he spewed hate for Trump he was the Darling of the Press.

Free Press my arse!

Trump gets plenty of praise from the state propaganda reporters (actors) at Fox. If you just want ass kissers asking questions and keeping politicians accountable, move to NK.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/15/18 03:41 PM.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Sort of like the caravan story by Trump and FOX News. Until after the election......

Published 4 hours ago

About a dozen members of migrant caravan arrested for trying to illegally cross US border, source says

https://www.foxnews.com/world/about-a-do...der-source-says

Keep the LIES coming Pitt

O
Legend
Legend
O

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Who is being kept from free speech? rolleyes

O
Legend
Legend
O
Reading is fundamental. Being mental is not fun.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

CNN can say whatever they want they just can't say it in the WH for now because of bad behavior...Free Speech is alive and well.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet FOX News is supporting the lawsuit

Fox News and other outlets join CNN fight over press access to White House

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/media/cnn-lawsuit-support/index.html

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Vambo

CNN can say whatever they want they just can't say it in the WH for now because of bad behavior...Free Speech is alive and well.

Free speech and free press are not the same thing V. smh

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Never said it did.

What speech condemned a free press?

It was his actions not his speech... rolleyes

Last edited by Vambo; 11/15/18 04:51 PM.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Here's the problem. willit is quick to point out that CNN is critical of the president. He's quick to point out how CNN has guests that say inflammatory things about the president.

Yet if you noticed, he never pointed out that FOX News does the exact same thing in the opposite direction. That basically they are nothing more than a mouth piece for Trump. How they used the entire "caravan rhetoric" to incite Republican voters in order to drum up the vote then the coverage for that same story has been greatly diminished ever since the election.

I've never denied that CNN is slanted in their coverage. Yet at the same time those so quick to point it out never seem to speak about how this is a two way street.

And all of your "fake news and hate" rhetoric have lost their luster. Nobody cares about your "fake outrage" anymore.
Your so full of lies its I can smell you from here. I have stated several times on this board that fox is slanted to the right. but go ahead, keep posting falsehoods - we know you will.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Trump is a sore loser and a coward.
RUSSSSSIAAAAA!!!!

hahah sore loser - hello pot meet kettle.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
You have mentioned this multiple times, its been reported today multiple times about the caravan already and arrest have been made. Keep pushing a narrative that's not true. rofl

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

CNN still has 50 other passes to the White House just not Jim A.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Except in this case when the antagonistic to the press.
I watched the entire presser, Acosta was the one instantly raising his voice, talking over others, and refusing to give up the microphone when he was told to.

I stated Trump could have and should have acted better as well. However, he didn't really go off on Acosta until he refused to give the mic.

I don't remember Fox suing Obama when he wiretapped their reporters. J/S.

And he has to do that because this president is making a mockery of the free press.. He's done more damage than any president before him in that arena.

I don't blame all the reporters for attacking...They are merely giving what they get from Trump.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Wah!!! lmao

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

And below is what the Trump appointed judge-Timothy Kelly said about that-Thanks for playing

In court, Kelly said that Sanders' initial claim that Acosta had inappropriately touched the White House intern who was attempting to take the microphone from him at the news conference was "likely untrue" and "partly based on evidence of questionable accuracy."

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

CNN’s Jim Acosta Must Have White House Credentials Restored, Judge Rules

A federal judge on Friday directed the White House to restore the press credentials of Jim Acosta of CNN, a win for media advocates and news organizations in a major legal test of press rights under President Trump.

The judge, Timothy J. Kelly of Federal District Court in Washington, ruled that the Trump administration had most likely violated Mr. Acosta’s due process rights when it revoked his press badge after a testy exchange with the president at a news conference last week.

The ruling was a significant but narrow victory for CNN. Judge Kelly, who was appointed by Mr. Trump, declined to weigh in on the First Amendment issues cited by the network, and the White House has the right to appeal. For now, Mr. Acosta can resume working on the White House grounds.

“I want to emphasize the very limited nature of this ruling,” the judge said from the bench. “I have not determined that the First Amendment was violated here.”

Judge Kelly’s decision came in response to CNN’s request for an emergency order restoring Mr. Acosta’s credentials. The lawsuit, which the network filed this week, remains active. Other legal issues raised in the case were expected to be addressed in later court sessions.

The White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said in a statement after the ruling that the administration would temporarily reinstate Mr. Acosta’s pass and would “develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future.”

“There must be decorum at the White House,” she wrote.

Ms. Sanders claimed in her statement that “the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House.” But Judge Kelly did not rule on the First Amendment issues raised by the case because he granted the temporary return of Mr. Acosta’s pass on due process grounds.

Mr. Acosta, CNN’s chief White House correspondent, rose to prominence in large part because of his public jousts with Mr. Trump. The conflict between the reporter and the White House had grown into a legal showdown over journalists’ ability to cover a president who regularly denigrates their work as “fake news.”

Friday’s ruling was hailed by free speech advocates as a victory for journalism.

“Today’s decision reaffirms that no one, not even the president, is above the law,” the American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement. CNN said the network was “gratified with this result, and we look forward to a full resolution in the coming days.”

CNN had argued that the White House had violated Mr. Acosta’s free speech and due process rights, citing a case from the 1970s that required the White House to demonstrate a clear process, and right of appeal, before revoking a reporter’s credentials. Judge Kelly said the Trump administration had been unable to articulate the process that led to stripping Mr. Acosta of his press pass.

The administration contended that presidents enjoy broad discretion to bar journalists from the White House, and that Mr. Acosta’s barbed questioning and refusal to yield his microphone at the contentious conference in the East Room on Nov. 7 was boorish and disrespectful.

Mr. Acosta, who attended the hearing and showed no emotion when the ruling was announced, thanked the judge afterward.

“Let’s go back to work,” he told reporters outside the courthouse.

The case, CNN v. Donald J. Trump, had come to symbolize the dysfunctional dynamic between Mr. Trump and the White House press corps.

It also revealed that much of the interaction between presidents and the press is based on custom, rather than any kind of legal framework. Reporters have had access to the White House for decades, but the mechanics of the tradition have rarely been enshrined in law.

“The relationship between the White House and the beginnings of the press corps came about as a matter of mutual convenience, not as a matter of legal grounding,” said Stephen Ponder, a media historian who has written on reporters in the White House.

No president relishes being scrutinized by the news media, and administrations have long relied on subtle and not-so-subtle methods to ice out reporters they considered troublesome by, for instance, ignoring their questions at briefings or giving scoops to their competitors.

Advocacy groups said that stripping a correspondent’s credentials entered the realm of retaliation, and posed a threat to basic press freedoms.

For Mr. Trump and his supporters, penalizing Mr. Acosta was a surefire crowd-pleaser. The president’s political team released a fund-raising email touting CNN’s lawsuit as evidence that the news media was intent on hurting the administration. White House allies like Sean Hannity of Fox News have denounced Mr. Acosta as a biased grandstander.

Other presidents have expressed animus toward reporters in memorable ways. In 1942, Franklin D. Roosevelt handed out a Nazi Iron Cross at a news conference and asked that it be bestowed on one of his least loved chroniclers, a columnist at The Daily News of New York.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/busin...f7OFJDVJ2NwRVO4

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Court also said the White House needs to come up with a list of Rules and Regulations for Press Conferences which they are working on now.

President Trump says we must have Respect and Decorum.
He has ordered his people to simply end the conference and walk out when Respect and Decorum cease.

It is simply unfair to other members of the Press when someone acts up, interrupts and asks 3 or 4 questions while others have not had a chance to ask one.

P
Legend
Legend
P
As long as he starts to realize that respect isn't a one way street. So far that hasn't been the case.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In your mind.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, calling them the enemy of the people has such a respectful ring to it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I see a lot of very short press conferences coming, lol.

Legend
Legend
That will be up to the Press.

Behave yourselves and these Conferences, with high ratings by the way, will continue. Otherwise, Trump can simply Tweet when he has something to say.

O
Legend
Legend
O
That will be up to the Press.

Behave yourselves and these Conferences, with high ratings by the way, will continue. Otherwise, Trump can simply Tweet when he has something to say.

rolleyes

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The press is a joke anyways. It's not like they are legitimate sources of news anymore. I'd be fine if he stopped doing press conferences altogether. He can just do one on one interviews or just do his own news release online or over the radio. I mean those conferences never ask good questions and even when they do by the time it hits the presses its been so warped out of context that it was pointless for Trump to say anything to them to begin with.

It's just shameful what news reporting has deteriorated into to.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

Link Copied to Clipboard