Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1554805 11/25/18 05:18 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Great first half ... GREAT

And just coasted too much for my taste

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Why did he other bread get locked?

Anywho, Njoku has really played to his talent level now that we have a real QB getting him the rock.

He caught all 5 targets for 63 yards and a TD.

Baker is spreading the ball around. I noticed the last few games that defense are keying on Landry, which is allowing so many favorable matchups to the other guys. And Calloway has got better and better now. Although I still think we need a true #1, our WR group with Landry, Calloway, and Higgins is a solid core to start with.

And baker extended his streak with multiple TD passes in a game today, with 4 overall. Easily the best QB of the class so far.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really could have done without the prevent offense in the 2nd half. Too many times our team has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Great win. Great throws by Mayfield in the first. Great play by the D in the first. I'd much rather see 4 quarters like the 1st quarter in the future.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
35 in the 1st half. Man, how many times did we hope to do that in a whole game?

We were up 35-20, with 6 minutes left, and people were freaking out.

Defense bent, but forced the Bengals to take a lot of time on their drives.

Baker had a great game today. He made great decisions all game long.

Chubb ran a lot of time off the clock, and made a ridiculous TD catch!

This team is deciding to win. You don't learn to win, you make the decision to go out and beat the other team, no matter what they do.

The defense did what it had to do. I don think that Collins needs to be replaced through.

On to Houston! Next week YTown area dawgs are meeting at Crickets on Midlothian.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All I can think of at the moment is ... Who's next!

Go Browns!!!

[Linked Image]

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Lots to like today.

Some things to do a bit better, as always.

I’m happy with the win, no matter how it looked in the second half.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Of course I would have liked to see the Browns score more in the 2nd half, but I have no problem with the play calls. Up 35-7 and you should play to protect the ball. It was only kinda close because of a marginal roughing the passer on 4th and long anyway. Great game. Excited about our young core of players.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think they locked the wrong one. This one had zero posts at the time.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Agreed, Erik! I want to keep my foot on the gas longer and later than we did today. We won, but we could have punted less in my opinion. We need the practice finishing games.

All around solid effort!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think Njoku seems much more comfortable right now ... i think he's best intermediate

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
brownie

Legend
Legend
Baker’s passer rating today, 143.9.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Agreed, Erik! I want to keep my foot on the gas longer and later than we did today. We won, but we could have punted less in my opinion. We need the practice finishing games.

All around solid effort!

I think we all wanted to see more aggressiveness on offense in the second half ... But the path we took was still effective ... But we could have given Chubb some better blocking too.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
our OL looks better with Robinson and quick passes

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
our OL looks better with Robinson and quick passes

Back to back games with no sacks.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Baker’s passer rating today, 143.9.

His season QB rating and completion % keeps trending up. I can't tell you how good I feel about him as our QB.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Post Game thoughts:

Great game today. Slowed down the second half, but won going away anyway.

Njoku's t.d. - that was an odd one. But, "he got by with a little help from his friends".

Apparently Hue knew as much about our O and D as he did when he was here? Little?

The change in the team has been obscene, in a good way. Rec's catching balls, running game working, penalties down.

Couple of missed INT's, but you'll have that.

Road win, over a division opponent. Happy day.

Legend
Legend
We had 7 penalties for 61 yards. The Bengals has 13 for 96 yards. Bengals had 2 turnovers, vs none for the Browns.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Post Game thoughts:

Njoku's t.d. - that was an odd one. But, "he got by with a little help from his friends".

Apparently Hue knew as much about our O and D as he did when he was here? Little?

The change in the team has been obscene, in a good way. Rec's catching balls, running game working, penalties down.

Did you get the shotgun out?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
jc

man....we really could be 8-3 right now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yup. Almost every game. Oddly enough, my neighbors expect it. In the past, when I haven't, I've gotten texts from them: "Things ok? Browns scored, didn't hear you." Or some variation of that.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Swish
jc

man....we really could be 8-3 right now.

We could also be 3-8. Seriously.

gmstrong

-----------------

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Post Game thoughts:

I wondered this, too. I hope you did.

Legend
Legend
We should be 5-5-1. The Raiders win was stolen from us.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Post Game thoughts:

I wondered this, too. I hope you did.

Wait a minute - I thought it was a cannon? It has to be a cannon.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
the Raiders game was a travesty

Legend
Legend
I just thought about this:

Baker has 17 TD passes, against 7 INT. That's in 8+ games. The record was Tim Couch with 15 in 15 starts back in 1999. He has thrown multiple TD passes in his last 5 games.

Man, watching him play it's obvious that the lights are starting to really come on. The only poor play I saw was one pass where he had a receiver wide open in the deep middle right of the end zone, and he rolled left instead. I think we still scored on the drive, though.

As much as I have talked about the playoffs, it's really unlikely that we manage to do that. Everything would have to go right for us to make it to the playoffs. However, I like what's building right here and now.

C
Legend
Legend
C
That play fake by Mayfield. . .

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
so sweeet

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
That play fake by Mayfield. . .

That was awesome. You could see the Bengals DL start to peel back to play the run ....... only to get this horrified look on their collective faces when Baker emerged with the ball. tongue

L
Legend
Legend
L
That was a clever one.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My postgame thoughts:

- The week off did not hamper us. We picked up where we left Atlanta

- I was getting nervous in the second half. We had a nice lead and then someone channeled Tressel. Way to soon to give the ball to Chubb twice and then throw on 3rd and 5. The game was closer than it should have been.

- I guess we can tell things are looking up. We get a 15 point road win, in the division, and I am complaining about how we finished. But, it should not have been that close. It did not feel like we could stop them there for a while.

- Chubb had a tough day toting the rock. Over 80 yards, but a ton of carries to get there. Unbelievable catch for the TD. I just sat there waiting for it to get overturned.

- Njoku has been really effective these last few games. Actually, I don't think the team has been dropping much these last couple of weeks.

- A couple of untimely penalties by the D. Ward's hit on that receiver, I forget what the call it. Defenseless player or whatever. And the low hit on the QB that negated the pick.

- Get this. No team in our division will sweep us this year. A tie vs Pitts and we have wins vs Balt and Cincy.

- Have some stuff to clean up, but what a victory. I wanted this one bad. A win like this and the Bengal fans disappear.

- Baker had an outstanding game. But he needs to not hold Hue's new job against him. We kicked him to the unemployment line, he is free to take a job. We won, that is enough.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Baker has 17 TD passes, against 7 INT. That's in 8+ games. The record was Tim Couch with 15 in 15 starts back in 1999. He has thrown multiple TD passes in his last 5 games.

In Baker's last 3 games under Kitchens and Williams his stats are:

65-88
771 yards
9 TDs
1 INT

Legend
Legend
I feel like these last few games are setting us up to make a run st the division next year... I'd like to see at least three more wins with two of them being against the Bengals and ratbirds.... Houston, Denver, and Carolina will be toug

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thought it was nice seeing Hue....on the other sideline and not on the Browns sideline..

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Thought it was nice seeing Hue....on the other sideline and not on the Browns sideline..

My wife said "it's weird seeing him on the other teams sideline." I responded "Kinda nice, isn't it?"

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg

My wife said "it's weird seeing him on the other teams sideline." I responded "Kinda nice, isn't it?"

His return to Cleveland could be interesting... I expect a lot of boos and some numerous signs...

Last edited by jaybird; 11/25/18 09:15 PM.

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

Because Baker was done making it.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
All Pro
All Pro
129.5 passer rating under Kitchens...just barely better than Brees' 127.3 but I'll take it smile

Under Hue and Todd...78.9...yikes

Turns out a coach or two may just be what we needed smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 35 Bengals 20 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard