Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Sorry for the two polls, it wouldn't let me delete. Please vote the second one my math was off on the first.

This or That
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/27/18 01:44 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Which would you prefer?
single choice
8-4 beating Steelers, Oakland & Tampa with Hue as the HC. (33%, 7 Votes)
4-6-1 with Gregg Williams, Kitchens, and an uncertain future HC. (67%, 14 Votes)
Total Votes: 21
Voting on this poll ends: 12/25/18 01:46 PM

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
If we were 8-4 right now it would mean that Hue and his staff were doing a fine job with the talent assembled and would deserve to remain as our HC. It would mean we would have continuity going into the off season this year and that would have been the best scenario for the organization as well as our players.

Alas that's not what happened.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Alas that's not what happened.

Really?

poke

But for a decent kicker and a couple terrible calls/non-calls we're probably looking at that exact scenario. But alas...

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, that's not what happened. We lost those games and the way the team was performing before he was fired, there's serious doubt we would have won the other two since he's been gone either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
No, that's not what happened. We lost those games and the way the team was performing before he was fired, there's serious doubt we would have won the other two since he's been gone either.

In your opinion. (You forgot that part.) Because, in my opinion, that's exactly what happened.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's my opinion that we lost those three games? You may wish to go back and check the game logs.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hue had to go sorry ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
It's your opinion that's not what happened. Referring to the missed kicks and poor calls/non-calls. You're being deliberately obtuse. But it's not surprising.

#gmstrong
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Hue had to go sorry ...

What are you sorry for? Take the poll or not. It's up to you.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I wasn't. While it may not be the be all, end all to some, the NFL is about winning games. And while it's harder for some to admit than others, this offense has improved massively over the past few weeks.

I understand your "we almost won" a few other games. But the fact is we didn't win those games. The penalties alone have sunk our team repeatedly. Those too have decreased by a huge margin.

You see, we can point to a missed kick or a bad call, but when your team makes the mistakes that put you in those positions in the first place, I don't think ignoring that helps your cause.

I'm not being obtuse, just pointing out why we disagree.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Hue had to go sorry ...

I did vote and it was 4-6-1 on both because our future is better without Hue thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
But Pit, I don't care why we disagree. I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying it could have been different without outside interference by the refs and a bad kicker. That's all. I don't care about your philosophy on it. I don't care if you agree or not. When you state an opinion, that's all it is. That was my point. Nothing more. You just want to jabber jaw about it.

#gmstrong
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Hue had to go sorry ...

I did vote and it was 4-6-1 on both because our future is better without Hue thumbsup

That's the point of the poll, to see who feels that way, and to see if they'd feel the same way had those few game gone differently. I'm not taking a stand either way, except in that we are where we are now, and that's the way it is, but we were a few bad calls and/or a couple missed kicks from having a completely different scenario. I find that interesting.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Would you rather live with cancer knowing it could crop up at any time and take you out or kill the cancer right away and never have to deal with it again?

CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Well, since my mother died of cancer, my grandson is a cancer survivor, and I've had my own bout with cancer a few years ago, I think you can figure out the answer to that question. Not sure why you're asking as it has absolutely nothing to do with the poll. Though you might win the award for the most tasteless, irrelevant analogy ever. Maybe start your own poll to find out. thumbsup

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually my point is that there were a lot of variables that led us to being in the position that put us in those situations. I mean it seems you wish to focus on that one missed kick and some bad calls.

But had we not have had tons of penalties, better play calling and fewer drops by WR's, we most likely would never been in those situations that allowed those things to decide those games.

I mean, I think you have to take a game in its entirety to figure out how you got yourself into the position that allows a missed FG and a few calls to decide the game.

With the new coaching crew we have fewer penalties, fewer drops and what seems like a much more effective and efficient offense. Had those same things been done in the games where we missed a FG and got a few bad calls, the outcome may have been much different.

Sometimes why people disagree is the essence of a discussion.

#gmstrong
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:
it seems you wish to focus on that one missed kick and some bad calls.

Now you're getting it. thumbsup I realize there were factors why we lost the games. I realize a butterfly can flap its wings and cause a hurricane. Take the poll or don't. I don't care either way.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I took the poll. My initial post in the thread explained my choice. I said it would be better to be 8-4.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Taking 8 wins without a care in the world.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I took 4-6-1 because if Hue returned we would be back where we were when Butch Davis won for 1 season ... of course we all would love to be 8-3 but not at the price of keeping Hue tsktsk

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Current record. I'm guessing we haven't begun to hear about the mess of the last 2+ seasons.

Legend
Legend
I'd rather win... we weren't with hue... we moved on... don't get this poll...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'd take the wins, but they weren't coming with Hue

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Really hard to be objective because I can't unsee what I've seen the last few weeks.

If we were over .500, Hue would have still been here and I would have been happy with that...

But it's like the last few weeks somebody let me look behind the curtain to see what this team can look like when it's clicking so I had to vote for the uncertain future (even though that scares me).

Because even if we had squeaked out a few more wins under Hue, the team looks night and day better than it did.. I could never vote to go back to that.

yebat' Putin
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
At this point I won't say we should have kept Hue. I believe the team is functioning at a higher level and with far less dysfunction. We all know that but for a few key moments in the first few games, our record could easily have us in the playoff hunt. If we had won against the Steelers, the Saints and the Bucs it's doubtful Hue would have been fired, and we still might have won against the Falcons & Cincy. We'd be status quo looking at a winning record and a solid playoff run. I'm wondering if people would prefer that scenario over the scenario we have now, less dysfunction but an uncertain future. The poll is leaning in that direction.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
That's about as backwards of a poll as I can think of,

sort of as: Was Hue so Bad you'd rather have a worse record just to get rid of him?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Which Would You Rather Have?

Link Copied to Clipboard