Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry but I just don't see it. OSU played two games very well. Michigan and Northwestern. The rest of their season was very mediocre against some questionable schools. We came on at the right time but as far as the season overall I certainly wasn't impressed.

Haskins is a stud and some of the WR's stepped up no doubt. But as an overall team I don't think we were impressive.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This is another example of "best team" versus "whole body of work" arguments and how they don't always align.

I believe Ohio State, right now, is one of the four best teams in the country. Despite some very unimpressive games, they're still a 1-loss Big Ten champion. Were there to be a matchup of Ohio State vs Oklahoma on a neutral field, I think Ohio State would be favored by a small amount.

I also agree that much of Ohio State's season was very mediocre against some questionable schools. For that reason, I won't be too upset if Ohio State doesn't get in. Heck, it wasn't that long ago on here that some Ohio State fans were saying they had no chance to make the playoffs with some even hoping they didn't, because they'd get blown out.

How the committee sorts all of that out is up to them. I don't think Ohio State or Oklahoma have much of a chance against Alabama.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And the formula they use has many ingredients factored in. I agree that we're peaking at the right time and in pro football that means everything as the playoffs role around if you qualify.

I can't say that I really have any idea how much your season as a whole verses where you are now plays into the formula they use to determine the top 4 teams. But I certainly understand how the season as a whole could work against OSU.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just think it would be much better, and more entertaining, to go to 8 team playoff. Have seeds 1-4 host first round if you even want.

1. Alabama
8. UCF

4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State

2. Clemson
7. Michigan

3. Notre Dame
6. Georgia

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The problem with that is the NCAA and ESPN don't want a true champion. They want the controversy that drives the talk shows and the website clicks.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
2018 #CFBPlayoff
1 Alabama 13-0
2 Clemson 13-0
3 Notre Dame 12-0
4 Oklahoma 12-1

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
These game fell like duds, Bama will score 87 vs Sooners , ND vs Clemson is a bore fest.

Legend
Legend
i hope the buckeyes take it personal that the committee didn't rank them ahead of Georgia.

cant wait for that game.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
College Football Playoff games

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Orange Bowl
at Miami Gardens, Florida

Oklahoma
Alabama -14

Cotton Bowl
at Arlington, Texas

Notre Dame
Clemson -11.5

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
BIG spreads for semifinals

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
but, it's probably what it should be

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Georgia being ranked ahead of Ohio State is a joke. Doesn't really make a difference this year though.

The talk the other day about Alabama possibly being out with a loss-- even with all the qualifiers of it being an unlikely possibility-- looks like it was extremely misguided on my part. Oops.

The $EC favoritism is unreal.. like all that talk about 2 losses being a disqualifier, quality wins and conference championships being important, etc. only really apply when they help an SEC team.

D
Legend
Legend
D
My teams in it and i can’t even get excited ..

BLAH ...

Bama may beat OU by 50 ..

At least the ND/Clemson game should be competitive ..

P
Legend
Legend
P
ND doesn't belong weak schedule and no Championship game Oklahoma has the worst D in the country ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
These game fell like duds, Bama will score 87 vs Sooners , ND vs Clemson is a bore fest.

Then the Sooners need to score 88.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The game will be December 29th and 8:00PM, 7 central.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Weak schedule ... we BEAT the snot out of your only quality win and BEAT THE SNOT out of the team U just beat in your championship game ...

We DIDNT LOSE TO NO CHUMPS EITHER ...

Its one thing to be biased ... its another to just talk out your butt ... thumbsdown ...

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Weak schedule ... we BEAT the snot out of your only quality win and BEAT THE SNOT out of the team U just beat in your championship game ...

We DIDNT LOSE TO NO CHUMPS EITHER ...

Its one thing to be biased ... its another to just talk out your butt ... thumbsdown ...

I'm starting to think this is a troll account.

Notre Dame 24, Michigan 17
Ohio State 62, Michigan 39

Notre Dame 31, Northwestern 21
Ohio State 45, Northwestern 24

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nothing there that compels me to watch.

P
Legend
Legend
P
ND has repeatedly turned down offers to join the Big Ten maybe its because they get a free pass on championship weekend ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sure ... look at the final scores ... neither game was that close ...

We were up 14 - 0 on the vaunted Michigan D with a QB that couldnt hit the broad side of a barn after our 2nd series ...

We BEAT THE SNOT out of Northwestern .. we PHYSICALLY kicked there ass ...

Not sure why i bother .. theres very few of u have that have any OBJECTIVITY what so ever ..

Were not that good .. but we clearly DESERVE to be in ... only a moron or someone so biased all they see is scarlet and gray to even make that statement ..

I’m OUT ...

Guys like U and the good pastor enjoy the rose bowl ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
ND has repeatedly turned down offers to join the Big Ten maybe its because they get a free pass on championship weekend ...

For a pastor .. u sure dont care about the truth ... NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT ... odd choice of profession for someone that has such little regard for the truth ..

Thats why there not in a conference ... rolleyes ...

S
Legend
Legend
S

Guys like U and the good pastor enjoy the rose bowl ... thumbsup

o man sick burn!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nobody has any respect for your mickey mouse independent program bub, only way to gain it is to win these next 2 games which they won't do.

Have fun getting manhandled by Clemson.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

For a pastor .. u sure dont care about the truth ... NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT ... odd choice of profession for someone that has such little regard for the truth ..

Thats why there not in a conference ... rolleyes ...

It's that a little, but mostly because they don't have to share their TV money.

Legend
Legend
In a way, I'm kinda glad I don't have to watch us play Bama

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Diam, How did you beat the snot out of Northwestern when you were only up by 3 pts until you guys scored that late TD?

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Diam, How did you beat the snot out of Northwestern when you were only up by 3 pts until you guys scored that late TD?

Their noses must’ve already been runny.

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
So, the entire world of sports, (all sports) is set up to punish the state of Ohio? Again

hehehehe.

Looks like I won't watch again.

2nd String
2nd String
Another year where an 8 team playoff would be beneficial. Hated to see Ohio State miss out but happy to see the Sooners in. Would have liked to know how UCF would have faired against the Big Powers. ESPN is throwing a fit about it. Pat Forde is crying to everyone in the universe. ESPN hates the Big 12 so bad after the B12 took advantage of a loophole in their contract with ESPN and made ESPN pay them millions more. Personally Im sick and tired of hearing Alabama and Tua Tagovailoa every time I turn ESPN on. Their SEC bias and attempts to influence the Playoff committee and Heisman voters turns my stomach. Even if I dont turn on ESPN then its all I see on Yahoo sports and any other sports network that picks the stories up on wire. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but its just funny how ESPN turned against the Big 12 "after" the contract incident.

Oklahoma doesnt have the recruiting of Alabama who's team depth is 3 strong at every position and has a total lock on the best athletes in college football. On paper Bama has it all covered and after OU loses its top 3 RBs and the top WR in the nation not to mention their incredibly undersized defense which was built to face the Spread week in week out in the Big 12 where everyone scores 50 pts a game not many will give the Sooners a chance in hell at winning. Bama may finally get their FIRST win EVER against the Sooners. But I'll take the Sooners and with the right points I'll lay my hard earned money on them. And if we lose then I hope who plays BAMA next sends them home. As a kid I lived in Florence Alabama, West Monroe La and Yazoo City Ms. and and played tennis at Milsaps College in Jackson Ms. I've seen more Ole Miss Football games in Oxford Ms than any team on the planet. You'd think I'd be an SEC fan

Sorry Ohio State fans I enjoyed our two game series and living in Lakewood those years I enjoyed the trips to Columbus with my ex-brother in law. You are a first rate program! I wished this was an 8 team playoff. We would all be celebrating today!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Congrats man, Oklahoma deserved to be in.

No hate here, OSU lost to Purdue we sealed our fate there. Good luck.

Legend
Legend
Top four make sense...

Notre dame deserves to be in the top four... undefeated ad had some solid wins... while I wish they were in a conference,,, they still did enough this year to make it in...

OU deserves to be in over us... while I think we are the better team.. we lost to a 6-6 team by 29... that's honestly why Georgia is probably ahead of us...

I wish we could play Georgia... wish there was an 8 team playoff... oh well... don't lose to a 6-6 team by 29 and we don't have to worry about getting help

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's so tough to judge ND because their lack of conference. To me, they should be forced to join one

Legend
Legend
Everything's coming up roses . . . .

National championship with no Big 10 representation. Just wrong. About as objective as figure skating. Horrible IMO.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
Just heard Wandstead (sp) saying OSU needs some luck to get in to the playoffs. I agree that the Purdue loss is bad and Oklahoma's only loss is a better loss than Purdue (#15 Texas), But the Buckeyes have more quality wins. OU does not have a win over a top ten opponent while OSU has two. It just seems like losses carry more weight than wins, at least listening to some of the talking heads on TV.

The past has shown that committee feels bad losses hurt more than quality wins help.

It is simple. If you want to be considered for the CFP, do not lose to a 6-6 team by 30 points.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The playoffs are going to be expanded they have to, most of the country is left out, who wants to watch games that doesn't include their conferences, the NCAA is coming under a lot of pressure when a conference like the Big Ten has been left out 2 years in a row and last year there were 2 teams from 1 conference leaving 3 major conferences out, it has to change and IMO I think it will if not next year then 2020, I for one won't watch the playoffs, I will be done with it when the Buckeyes Win the Rose Bowl wink and not because I don't like college football but because they have set Alabama up to win another title, ND and Oklahoma Don't have a prayer and Clemson is coming out of IMO the weakest conference in America ... Rant over

Legend
Legend
The playoffs are going to be expanded they have to, most of the country is left out, who wants to watch games that doesn't include their conferences, the NCAA is coming under a lot of pressure when a conference like the Big Ten has been left out 2 years in a row and last year there were 2 teams from 1 conference leaving 3 major conferences out, it has to change and IMO I think it will if not next year then 2020, I for one won't watch the playoffs, I will be done with it when the Buckeyes Win the Rose Bowl wink and not because I don't like college football but because they have set Alabama up to win another title, ND and Oklahoma Don't have a prayer and Clemson is coming out of IMO the weakest conference in America ... Rant over

Oklahoma doesn't have a prayer? You're the last person I'd expect that line from. wink

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
Just heard Wandstead (sp) saying OSU needs some luck to get in to the playoffs. I agree that the Purdue loss is bad and Oklahoma's only loss is a better loss than Purdue (#15 Texas), But the Buckeyes have more quality wins. OU does not have a win over a top ten opponent while OSU has two. It just seems like losses carry more weight than wins, at least listening to some of the talking heads on TV.

The past has shown that committee feels bad losses hurt more than quality wins help.

It is simple. If you want to be considered for the CFP, do not lose to a 6-6 team by 30 points.
I agree, and rightfully so.

OSU didn't deserve to be in the playoffs this year. You don't lose to by 30 to a scrub team and expect to be in the mix.

As far as them "handing" Bama the title and no team in the playoff having a chance. . . I don't think that really mattered whether OSU was in the playoff or not, now does it?

Legend
Legend
if they expanded to 8, i'd rather have them just pick the top 8 like they do now with the top 4 ... who cares about conference champions?

Example: if the third team from the SEC is deemed better than the PAC12 champ, then go with the SEC team

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ohio State/ College Football, continued.

Link Copied to Clipboard