Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
- Huge win. Really nice to get a W when Bake was not on his game. And he wasn't. Accuracy an issue this week. Terrible pick. But he did OK otherwise. And, a huge win.

I agree. But what I liked was we he had another game within a game where he settled down and made a few nice throws in the 2nd half. I think he only had 2 incompletions in the 2nd half. It's nice to have a QB that's not going to fall apart and wet the bed for an entire game.

Legend
Legend
Did anyone else feel like we are seeing shades of the Kardiac Kids? I mean geez.. I was sleepy.. Wanted to lay my head down and just go to sleep but coudln't do it.

Then, after Peppers sacked the QB, I thought, great,, Now I can sleep...

Not a chance...I was wide eyed....

Did you know the game was replayed at around 5 am on NFLn..... I did!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I hate that I missed it. Didn't even know there was such a thing as a Saturday game =(

Yep. They do it every year after college football wraps up the regular season.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't see how the O or Baker get any credit for the W here. Now don't get me wrong. I love Baker and certainly think he was the right pick and our QB of the future. But young QB's have bad days. Heck, even Tom Brady had a bad day yesterday. Drew Bees has bad days. But our O put up just 17 points.

Any way you slice it that was a win for the D. But that's what good teams do. Young teams often times fold when their field general doesn't produce points. They lean on him for their inspiration. What we saw yesterday was the D step up and make their own inspiration. Good teams don't leave it in the hands of the refs. They don't fold when they're making penalties. They fight on.

That's what we saw Saturday night.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't see how the O or Baker get any credit for the W here. Now don't get me wrong. I love Baker and certainly think he was the right pick and our QB of the future. But young QB's have bad days. Heck, even Tom Brady had a bad day yesterday. Drew Bees has bad days. But our O put up just 17 points.

Any way you slice it that was a win for the D. But that's what good teams do. Young teams often times fold when their field general doesn't produce points. They lean on him for their inspiration. What we saw yesterday was the D step up and make their own inspiration. Good teams don't leave it in the hands of the refs. They don't fold when they're making penalties. They fight on.

That's what we saw Saturday night.

Defense played great and I have to agree love Baker and our O but this one was won by our Defense ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
U wanna ask me a question bone ... i’ll give u some insight on the above ...

Just ask ...

I have a question, why is Robinson or our Oline constantly called for "holding calls" which are ehhhhhhhh ok technically holds but normally not called - but then myles is raped every game over and over by a LT and never a hold?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
i wonder the same thing. Time and time again a replay shows whichever O-lineman Garrett got past with his arm around Garrett's neck from behind. No flag.

And then they replay one where we get flagged for holding, and I am thinking "you decide to call that one?"

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
i wonder the same thing. Time and time again a replay shows whichever O-lineman Garrett got past with his arm around Garrett's neck from behind. No flag.

And then they replay one where we get flagged for holding, and I am thinking "you decide to call that one?"
Its a crying shame.

Part of me says its because they know if they started calling holding against Myles he would have broke the sack record 5 games ago. lol

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I still think it is a case of our reputation ... "Nahhh .. The Browns aren't any good .. they must be doing something wrong.. better call something against them.."

The more we continue to win, in spite of the refs, the more likely we will get the calls later..

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Its a crying shame.

Part of me says its because they know if they started calling holding against Myles he would have broke the sack record 5 games ago. lol

I agree Garrett got mugged on more than one occasion this week and it happens every week I sit in amazement at how these refs won't call the holding on him ... superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
That has something to do with it ... but its not what u think ... i’ll Get to the rest of the questions later ... actually ... i’m Gonna start a thread in whatever forum it belongs in ...

Will do that later and will start with these questions ... starting with this one ... witch as i see now isn’t actually a question ... *LOL* ...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Have we discussed our offense turtling again yet?

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Garrett did not have a good game and imo, became frustrated by the double teams, chip blocks and the holding that was not called.

IMO, Garrett might have benefited more by turning his game up a notch or two, forcing the officials call the obvious. As it was, Garrett's play looked to be exactly what it was..double teams and chip blocks were enough to stop Garrett. I think he was credited with 1 tackle.

Other teams will attempt the same tactics against Garrett so the coaching staff will need to adjust by moving Garrett around or overloading his side to make it harder to double team him.

That was Garrett's worst game, imo.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think it was a pretty good team effort. Keep in mind Denver doesn't score a lot and they don't give up a lot of points.

Denver has scored 20 pts or less in 6 games this year. They also held pittsburgh to only 17 points.

Not saying it was the offense or defense that won the game. I think it was an awesome complete team win.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Donovan calls a great game. I remember back in the day listening to him on the radio.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Jimmy's the best IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Jimmy's the best IMO

Happy Birthday, Dawg.

I met Jimmy when he was still a baby faced green horn @ WKYC. I was doing some work there on the studio set.

He is starting to show his age now, but man did he look younger than he was back then.

Legend
Legend
"Chubba-wubba-HUB!!!"

rofl

I love that he's such a homer.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like Donovan, but I thought Gib Shanley and Nev Chandler were the best Browns' radio voices. As long as we're talking NFL radio voices, a local radio show plays the highlights of various games around the league on Mondays, and I hate-hate-hate the way so many broadcasters put that phony growl in their voices when they call a touchdown. Its like one minute you're listening to an excited announcer and then he morphs into fake-angry Al Gore giving a stump speech.

Legend
Legend
thanks buddy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Broncos 16 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard