#1572364 12/24/18 06:06 AM
A
AZBrown Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
I watched this movie again last night.

Maybe I'm getting older, but it holds up so well.

The Ry Cooder soundtrack is equally effective.

The "etc" part:

My dad and I have been estranged for years (after doing the Muni thing together in the 70s and 80s). So he contacted me the other day by text- somebody must have helped him- and insisted 2019 will be our reconciliation/swan song in terms of our Browns.

We've been through red right '88, the drive, the fumble, 2002 prevent, Dwayne Rudd, bottle gate, the 2007 oddity, et al.

He has purchased NFL Ticket for next season, and firmly believes this will be our deserved chance to make it all right.

Lots of pressure on Mayfield, etc. But what the hell.... they are compensated fairly.

None of the fans are getting younger. Maybe something special next season?

Oh. And "Paris Texas " is still a great movie.

Legend
Legend
I was estranged from my dad for over 35 years. We managed to reconcile, (my younger brother was the impetus behind bringing us all back together) and I thank God for the time we had before he passed this past September.

I hated my dad for a long time. I consider it a real blessing to have been able to let that go, and to develop a loving relationship with him after far too many years apart.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I've never seen "Paris, Texas", but I'm a fan of Harry Dean Stanton. Loved the scene in "Red Dawn" when he bellows after his sons, as they leave the prison site, "AVENGE ME!".

I always had the idea that this video was something from "Paris, Texas", but I guess its just a Ry Cooder project that Stanton helped with sometime after their work in the movie ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Never seen the movie.

Do NOT let the deal with your dad fall through!!!! Enjoy one another!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Paris, Texas...etc

Link Copied to Clipboard