Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T.J. Houshmandzadeh Says NFL Defenders Should Hit Baker Mayfield Late on Purpose

E
Legend
Legend
E
All that means is the refs will be looking for it.

No Craps Given
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Yeah, then when he got his receipt for that late hit he would be the first one crying to the refs. This guy and Cowherd are both chumps.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
All that means is the refs will be looking for it.

What an asinine thing for this jackwad to say. Endorsing a cheap shot that could likely cause a serious injury to teach Baker respect? saywhat Anyone who does that only shows they couldn’t sack up and beat Baker on the level.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And some people said he wasn't painting a target on his own back.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Got no problem with what he said.

Have no problem with Baker either. TJ said if he was on my team he would dig it.

Baker is made that way. Like him or don't. I don't think he cares at all. His teammates love the guy. He is leading the team.

I got his back. I dislike Coward immensely. He is know it all; who doesn't know jack. He has a thing against Baker and he is blinded by it.

I am glad Baker is a Brown. I am not condoning what he has done. But that is just me. I am not made that way.

But I have no problem with Baker stick in it in peoples faces.

I have sat back for years and cringed as Cleveland as been dragged through the mud. It hurt. I take it personal. I don't even live in Cleveland and have not for years. But I am proud of where I was born and grew up.

I can not wait to rub it in the Ravens face this week. Pay back on the Steelers?

I can not wait. And it is coming. I want them to choke on their towels.

I delivered the Plain Dealer back in the Jim Brown era. And by coincidence I graduated from Mayfield High School.

So carry on Baker. Just win baby.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who cares. I want them to talk about us. I want them to hate us. Now these loudmouth, know nothing show host hacks have had their "Cleveland sucks" repertoire taken away. We got a QB, leader and an "interest" generator. I don't need or want them jumping on the bandwagon. Let them hate us...

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 12/27/18 05:14 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m with u right up til the point someone does CHEAPSHOT him and he misses time cause he ran his mouth .... i don’t like what he’s doing but i could care less ... but to deny what he’s doing is STUPID and he’s not painting a target on his back is just UN REALISTIC ... football not played in a “vacuum” by choir boys .... this isn’t debate club with dudes in sweaters on a stage ...

Devil said it in his post ... anyone that goes after Bake for running his mouth has MAJOR ISSUES .... well guess what ... LOTS OF NFL PLAYERS HAVE MAJOR ISSUES UPSTAIRS ...

There not the most stable group of men in america ... crap .. we seem to lose 2 or 3 a year to HITTING DEFENSE LESS WOMEN ALONE ....

Yet ya’all somehow think Bake running his mouth isn’t gonna get him a “little extra” or even straight out cheap spotted ...

Ya’all act like footballs a board game and these guys all have the demeanor of Bobby Fisher ... rolleyes ....

L
Legend
Legend
L
I kinda want Baker to come out and warm up for the ravens game in a He Hate Me jersey

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Honestly, it’s kind of nice to think that we have a marketable QB the league would be willing to protect for a change.

Years of watching our QB’s get blasted in the head with illegal hits and no flags has been frustrating.

D
Legend
Legend
D
With that said ... i really like TJ ... now i’m afraid to watch the video ... *LOL* ...

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I'm curious here. In the NFL, other than 1 coach, (Baker only offered a brief handshake 1 time, and then the other time stared at Hue).........who has Baker 'dissed'?

Legend
Legend
Watch it.

I don't think he was out of bounds at all.

Baker will be hated by opponents. No getting around it.

He is not going to change. I am going to go into archives and post what I said about Baker pre draft.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
It's finally time for the AFC North to be known for beating on each other I want rivalries and I want actual beef. If Baker gets hit, you know there will be teammates that back him up. Let it get ugly. And may 10 and 6 win the division each year

Legend
Legend

This was not my first take on Baker. This was a little later. But appropriate to this discussion.

As far as the top four: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield.

Baker is the one guy since November that has grown in my eyes. The others, my opinion on them has not changed since November.

Baker's arm is little better than I had first thought as far has zip on his throws.

Accuracy counts. Baker is accurate. On most throws he is on the money.

My concerns have not changed.
See first post.

Baker the personality. Confident, cocky or too cocky?

That will depend upon the parties involved who interview him.

He is not going to put on a happy face to please. I don't see him being coached in what to say and how to say it. Of course his agents will try to tone him down.

However, in the end I see him saying this is me. Take it or leave it. For me, I don't have a problem with that.

How will he do once he becomes a pro?

When you are a walk on twice over in college and people have questioned you size and ability most of your life?

You are not changing the approach that has made you successful.

He will work hard to prove himself.

As far as where he stands in my view in relation to the others?

I still believe Darnold will be the best. I still love the talent of Rosen. Allen still gives me pause. And unless he is overpowering in every aspect the private workouts: I pass.

Baker? Baker has opened the door a little wider. I would look at him closely.

R
Legend
Legend
R
bone, that was pre-draft?

Damn, nice job.

I think Baker will end up being the best of the bunch. Darnold has strung together a few nice games, but I can't help think Tannehill when I watch him.

All things being equal, let's say Baker and Darnold both have HOF careers, Cleveland needed a Baker.

But in general, nice job on that prognostication.

Legend
Legend
I don't give two cow chips what T J Whosyamama says.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

T.J Who??

Oh, wait... wasn't he the choke artist that lost a playoff game against the Steelers when he dropped a pass my dead cat could have caught?

I guess sucking that bad could make anyone a hater.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

Other than the team's (not just Baker) beef with Hue (which most likely has been a legit beef), when exactly has Baker been mocking other teams or coaches or players in the NFL?

This isnt golf. This is football, there is some degree of trash talking from all players. But I dont recall Baker doing anything other than being amped up.

If you go watch that mic'd up video vs Atl, after the game he went to tell Matt Ryan good game and respect.

So, I think the talking heads just cant handle Cleveland having a promising young QB with an exhuberant young pup attitude, who isnt afraid to be himself or make his feelings known.

Get over yourselves talking heads.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
jc

Other than the team's (not just Baker) beef with Hue (which most likely has been a legit beef), when exactly has Baker been mocking other teams or coaches or players in the NFL?

I asked this question earlier and haven't gotten a response.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Baker has been a pro, except when it comes to Hue.

Like I said in a couple old threads-- working with somebody that incompetent on a daily basis will make people do strange things. Your GM will forget how to make trades in order to prevent an incredibly shortsighted, stupid decision. Your QB will start calling out the talking heads on Instagram. That's not even getting into what happened with Todd Haley.

I don't think it's fair to judge Baker (or anyone) based on their interactions with Hue. As far as I can tell, the only guy who can work well with Hue Jackson is Marvin Lewis-- a tremendous gift of his, exceeded only by his ability to lose playoff games in spectacularly creative fashion.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks for telling me to listen ... good stuff ...

About the only thing he did wrong was say our new golden boy wasn’t PERFECT ... guess I need to get used to it ... say ANYTHING negative about Bake and i’ll Be diving into my bunker as i finish typing ... *LOL* ..

Always liked TJ .. smart man ... outside of football ... thumbsup

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This is just Housh's Bengals M.O. showing through-- all emotion, no discipline.

It reminds me of this classic from a few years ago: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/benga...things-to-know/

Quote:
Bengals have playoff meltdown for the ages vs. Steelers: 5 things to know

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 25 years. That should have changed on Saturday against the Steelers ... but it didn't.

by Ryan Wilson
Jan 10, 2016

The Bengals' last postseason win came in January 1991, back when Boomer Esiason was the quarterback and Sam Wyche was the coach. And on Saturday at Paul Brown Stadium against hated rival Pittsburgh, Cincinnati was a minute and 36 seconds away from breaking a drought that has spanned four coaches and more losing seasons than anyone cared to remember.

And then the simmering pot boiled over.

The Bengals had just scored the go-ahead touchdown on an AJ McCarron-to-A.J. Green touchdown pass. A play later, an interception by Steelers quarterback Landry Jones (he was in for an injured-at-the-time Ben Roethlisberger) pretty much confirmed that the football gods had finally decided to give Cincy a break.

Good one.

On the very next play, Bengals running back Jeremy Hill fumbled, the Steelers recovered, and because this is the postseason and these are the Bengals, of course Roethlisberger and his injured right shoulder came back onto the field.

It was clear Big Ben couldn't throw the ball more than 10-15 yards, and he spent much of the next 55 seconds tossing screen passes and slants, working the ball to the Bengals' 47-yard line with 22 seconds to go.

And then things went completely sideways. And because this is the postseason and these are the Bengals ... well, you know.

Specifically: Roethlisberger tried to find Antonio Brown downfield on first down, but Vontaze Burfict was flagged for trying to decapitate Brown. It was a brutal hit in a game full of them, and that 15-yard penalty moved the ball to the Bengals' 32-yard-line. That would've been a 49-yard field goal for Steelers first-year kicker Chris Boswell. Certainly not a gimme.

But because this is the postseason and these are the Bengals, there's more: Cincinnati cornerback Adam Jones was flagged moments after Burfict for unsportsmanlike conduct. Fifteen more yards, the ball at the Bengals' 17-yard line, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin sent Boswell out for the chip-shot 35-yarder.

He striped it.

Game over, and in the process, the Bengals suffer their worst loss ever.

Legend
Legend
Thanks.

Baker is our guy now. And I am backing him.

Maybe because in some weird way he should be ours.

Cleveland and the Browns have been a punching bag for far to long.

Baker brings that edge. That it is us against the world. I loved it when he called on the fans for support. He wants teams to fear playing us at home. GW is right behind him.

We are in for a ride and I am all in.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I'm curious here. In the NFL, other than 1 coach, (Baker only offered a brief handshake 1 time, and then the other time stared at Hue).........who has Baker 'dissed'?

I agree....and who did he dis....a coach who held him back, didn't want to draft him in the first place if you put weight in to his comments on what he wanted in a QB from previous seasons.....and now the guy goes to a team with 2 games against you?

Screw Hue. Maybe somebody knows, because I don't. Has a head coach ever been fired and taken a job with another team maybe 2 weeks later?

I don't know Hue, so I can't say anything about the guy other than what I saw, and read while he was here, other than he seems self serving.

As for cheap shots, I am not all that worried about that because I hope we have a team that is willing to do the same on the other end.

That is why I like hockey. There is a code. You don't screw with the other teams best players without the goons hitting the ice to screw with yours and the guy who did.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The most comparable situation I can think of is Josh McDaniels working as offensive coordinator for the Rams in 2011, and joining the Patriots for that postseason. There were some differences, however:

1) McDaniels was a coordinator and not a head coach, as noted above.

2) The Rams season was already over.

3) The Rams had fired their head coach (Spagnuolo) and let the assistants seek other work.

4) The Rams and Patriots aren't in the same conference, let alone the same division.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Did TJ weigh in on Darnold, Allen or Rosen; doesn't matter.

Baker is the one guy that since November that has grown in your eyes.

lol, It's tough to compete remember he's still 5'11 and 2 halfs plus a quarter, plus? thumbsup
edit: purple = sarcasm, there was a meeteing. Some don't know.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/27/18 08:02 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
That is why I like hockey. There is a code. You don't screw with the other teams best players without the goons hitting the ice to screw with yours and the guy who did.

I'd like to see a quote tomorrow from Myles Garrett saying something like "Mess with our guy and you will reap the whirlwind.". Like Sean Connery said in "The Untouchables": "Its the Chicago (Cleveland) way.".

A
Legend
Legend
A
As it is, I've not seen or heard of Baker dissing ANYONE in the NFL, other than the 1 stare at Hue.

As it is, the NFL continues to get tougher and tougher on late hits, especially against qb's.

Baker hasn't put any target on his back. Sure, he's ticked off some defenses - not with words - with his play.

If that's enough for a defense to try to cheap shot him? Well..........

The Browns have some mojo going, and we even saw that Sunday on the hit at the sideline/maybe out of bounds.

My guess is, IF some player decides to cheap shot Baker......that gentleman may find his knee in a knot a few plays later. Or, perhaps the opposing qb will find out?

BUt, this is all supposition based on 1 stare at a coach. Not a player. A coach. Just like Randall handing the pick off ball to hue. I didn't see anyone worried about Randall being cheapshotted, or putting a target on his back.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
jc

I asked this question earlier and haven't gotten a response.

I think it’s just residual leftovers from college.

But those incidents were big game/big moment stuff. It wasn’t Manziel taunting Rice jackass stuff.

People need to let it go.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Your right arch ... Joel Bitino is nuttin but a dumb ass talking head that loves the bungles ...

rolleyes ....

Go argue with him ... he BROUGHT IT UP TOO ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

This is from Joel Bitonio, who is one of Baker's teammates:

quote]Quote:
''If he talks a little bit more or has a little bit of swagger to him, that's what makes him special and we're going to roll with that,'' said guard Joel Bitonio. ''If he ever gets a penalty or something, then we can get after him a little bit, but right now he's our quarterback and that's what we got to roll with. ... It's something that I'm sure people are going to target him for.

''Hopefully it doesn't lead to a cheap shot or something like that.''[/quote]

I like that Baker has an edge. A chip on his shoulder. Plays w/passion. But, he better watch his ass. What comes around, goes around in the NFL>

D
Legend
Legend
D
Joel don’t know squat ... he’s talkin out his butt also ....

Arch, devil, eve ... they got this Vers ...

thumbsup

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:
''IF he ever gets a penalty or something, then we can get after him a little bit, but right now he's our quarterback and that's what we got to roll with. ... It's something that I'm sure people are going to target him for.

Based on? What has he done to a player?

What's he done or said to ANYONE other than the stare at Hue?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Ask Joel ... he said it ... thats his quote ...

U think players dont stick up for there coaches? ... rolleyes ...

I’m out til u let me know what Joel says ... thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
The thing is..........I'm not even really bashing Baker. I played the game. I coached the game. I even scouted for two years.

There is a code and believe me that guys get targets on their backs. Baker is playing very well for a rookie. One of the best rookie years in memory. And I get playing w/a chip on your shoulder and being passionate.

But taunting isn't a sign of toughness. Grabbing your crotch isn't a sign of toughness. Nor is plunking an opposing player in the head "before" the game as he is running onto the field.

We saw Norman go after Lewan [spelling] the other day for taunting on Washington's sideline. But Lewan had at least 85 lbs on him and was much taller. Do we really want some guy cold-cocking Baker because he is taunting.

It's time to grow the hell up.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Joel don’t know squat ... he’s talkin out his butt also ....

Arch, devil, eve ... they got this Vers ...

thumbsup

So who else besides Hue Jackson - in the NFL - has Mayfield dissed?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Give me ONE name of an NFL player Baker has taunted.

Legend
Legend
I remember Deion Sanders prancing and high stepping after an INT ... looking back at the players pursuing him ......

Many defenders have made a habit of standing over a QB they sacked and doing a dance in their faces .....

The new rules on TD celebrations are certainly almost taunting.

Many NFL players do stuff like this to fire themselves and their teams up. I would just as soon Baker drops the Bengals/Hue stuff, because the 1st game was fine .... but now is kinda pushing it .... but I don't think it's any worse than a lot of what goes on.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
arch, I don't want to talk to you.

Ask Joel Bitonio and T.J. that question.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 26 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Says NFL Defenders Should Hit Baker Mayfield Late on Purpose

Link Copied to Clipboard