Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Jc

Yo, when y’all lay in the bed, do you ever get this relief feeling in the ankles? Like that feeling of the stress just washing away. So relaxing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
I want to try and extrapolate a bit on the my earlier comments because I feel bad if I seemed insensitive in the eyes of guys like Swish and Clem .

I think you guys know by now that I have been sympathetic and understanding of the plight of minorities in our country. I still feel the same way. And if getting rid of the statues makes y'all feel better......get rid of them.

I was speaking more in regards to censorship and/or exposure of information. Swish.........you are a very introspective and intelligent young man. Clem, you are a very wise man. I think I also have above average intelligence.

Personally, I like being presented w/all the information possible. Show me the brick-throwing angry black person and show me the stone-cold statue that represents the old south. Let me read the Grapes of Wrath and Malcolm X's biography. Let me see the somewhat scary rituals of religious ceremonies and the tribal dances of the Sioux. Allow me to experience the parties at the houses of the doctors who my wife works with and let me party w/my ghetto brothers from years gone by.

I want to see it all. I don't want any of it banned, censored, or removed from public consumption.

I feel I am intelligent enough to decipher what is good and what is not so good all on my own. I don't need a government to tell me what I can view and what I can't view.

I sincerely hope that makes sense to you guys.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
Personally, I like being presented w/all the information possible. Show me the brick-throwing angry black person and show me the stone-cold statue that represents the old south. Let me read the Grapes of Wrath and Malcolm X's biography. Let me see the somewhat scary rituals of religious ceremonies and the tribal dances of the Sioux. Allow me to experience the parties at the houses of the doctors who my wife works with and let me party w/my ghetto brothers from years gone by.

I've provided ample evidence about what causes the rise of Confederate statues, and the actual arguments of Confederate leaders for succeeding.

Let me know what other factual historical documents I can provide which state their reasons in their words. I just used two websites of about 10 I immediately pulled up.
-----------------------------
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'm not interested in one-sided vs one-sided discussions.

I think you miss the point; I'm not arguing. I'm merely providing factual details of the arguments from those who started the Civil War.

I'm sorry that historical primary source documents from the confederacy show their one-sided arguments against slavery. I think we can agree fighting for white supremacy is a terrible idea. I wish the south would've known better.

I'd recomend you take up your complaint with the confederate leaders about being one-sided for slavery. I'm not sure who you could really reach. Oh wait, I know who could help you!

Call these guys. I'm sure they'll answer the phone for you!

E
Legend
Legend
E
As a person who lives in the South, I would say that the people who live here are fine with their National Parks, Battlefields, Statues, and Monuments.

It's all the asshats who don't live here that have a problem with it.

Go back to your own neighborhoods, yo, and fix that, before you try to come tell us what to do in our own house.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You do recognize the irony in your statement, correct?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Go fix your igloo, then come tell me about it.

You have zero clue about the South or Southern Culture.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I have been alive for somewhere around 360 months. 10 of those months were spent living in Florida. 10 divided by 360 equals out to 0.027777 with the 7 repeating. Make that into a percentage, and 2.78% (if you're okay with the rounding) of my life has been spent living in the south. 2.78% > 0%. In this case, 0=nothing, and I am more than nothing on this.

Diam's the math guy; I'm sure we could get him to check my math on this one.

How many months of your life did you spend in Alaska? What do you know about igloos?

A
Legend
Legend
A
What does alaska have to do with the topic at hand?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Beats me. Eve brought it up.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I have been alive for somewhere around 360 months. 10 of those months were spent living in Florida. 10 divided by 360 equals out to 0.027777 with the 7 repeating. Make that into a percentage, and 2.78% (if you're okay with the rounding) of my life has been spent living in the south. 2.78% > 0%. In this case, 0=nothing, and I am more than nothing on this.

Diam's the math guy; I'm sure we could get him to check my math on this one.

How many months of your life did you spend in Alaska? What do you know about igloos?

You lived 10 months in Florida. Oh whoopy doo. I have been here for 24 years. In the armpit of the South and Civil War area. There are literal Civil War battlefield national parks 20 miles from my house. Atlanta is literally built on the remains of what was burned down.

Apparently you learned nothing about the South during your whole 10 months here.

I don't claim, or care, anything about Alaska. But you sure rush to judgement about Us.

You do realize this is 2019 and not 1860, right? You do realize that Southern People recognize history as HISTORY, and not CURRENT TIMES?

You are nothing but a product of your own internal hate. You can't accept that an area grows beyond it's past because you would have to give up some of your hate. The people who live here are so much more evolved than you dude. Maybe someday a light will click on in your brain.

Give up your hate. Grow as a person.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
You lived 10 months in Florida. Oh whoopy doo.

Just wanted to clarify I spent time down there. Not sure where I claim I'm an expert or anything.

Quote:
Apparently you learned nothing about the South during your whole 10 months here.

I mean that's a judgement call. You're entitled to your opinion and views of me. Not going to spend energy trying to convince you otherwise about my character.

Quote:
I don't claim, or care, anything about Alaska.

Yet you bring up igloos? I'm confused.

Quote:
But you sure rush to judgement about Us.

I wonder if anyone rushes to judgement about me on here?

Quote:
You do realize this is 2019 and not 1860, right?

Yep. I recognize many people in our nation want to turn the clocks back to pre 1960s when "America was great!"

Quote:
You are nothing but a product of your own internal hate.

I'm curious, what do I hate? Please provide me with factual basis of what I hate.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:
Yep. I recognize many people in our nation want to turn the clocks back to pre 1960s when "America was great!"

Quote:
I'm curious, what do I hate? Please provide me with factual basis of what I hate.

You live in pre 1960s history. You have never joined us in today's world. I have only ever seen you post about the distant past and how bad and evil everyone today is because way way way centuries ago somebody was wronged.

Please do evolve to 2019.

Please do understand that this isn't 1860. Or even before then.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Beats me. Eve brought it up.

Flew over your head. Flying igloo. Imagine that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
You rate Confederate's with Hitler, Mussolini. Rommel was just a general that fought against us for his own country. GMAB Pit, you're getting as bad as PDF.

In both cases they were enemies against The United states of America. In both vases they slaughtered American soldiers. Actually, the Confederate army killed more American soldiers than were killed in WW2. You can try to minimize that in any way that makes you feel better.

But that's not really the point. The point was all of those saying, "Without those monuments we are burying history. We need to keep history in the public so we never forget."

By those standards the same would apply for both.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
This thread should be titled: "GOP legislates the right to hold onto hate!"

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we look at the graph from the tweet, in the link, I saw 2 correlations.

A spike in confederate monuments around WW I, and the assasination of JFK.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
This thread should be titled: "GOP legislates the right to hold onto hate!"

They have that right already. They are trying to legislate the right to continue to parade hate around their hero’s statues in our cities and parks in the USA. This crap belongs in a confederate museum of some kind or maybe they should be put in the equal rights museum in DC just to piss off the KKK and other hate groups who want to keep this crap on display in our cities.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
It was during the times of Jim Crow/Plessy v. Ferguson, and right around the time MLK advocated for Civil Rights.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Florida Rep. Proposes Bill That Would Protect Confederate Monuments

Link Copied to Clipboard