Next Thread
Print Thread
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Women's March event canceled over concerns of being 'overwhelmingly white'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/organiz...e-its-too-white

Organizers of a Women’s March rally slated for Northern California next month have canceled the event, saying they were concerned that participants would have been “overwhelmingly white."

In a news release, organizers for the march in Eureka – about 270 miles north of San Francisco – said Friday the "decision was made after many conversations between local social-change organizers and supporters of the march.”

“Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community,” the news release continued.

According to Census Bureau data from July, Humboldt County, where Eureka is the county seat, is 74 percent non-Hispanic white.

“I was appalled to be honest,” Amy Sawyer Long told the Washington Times. “I understand wanting a diverse group. However, we live in a predominantly white area … not to mention how is it beneficial to cancel? No matter the race people still want their voices heard.”

The rally, which had been planned for Jan. 19, would have commemorated the third anniversary of the original Women’s March, which was held Jan. 21, 2017, the day after President Trump took office.

The group said it is exploring shifting the rally to March to celebrate International Women’s Day.

The Women’s March movement has been marred by complaints from some black and Latina women, who've raised concerns that their input is often disregarded or overlooked, the New York Times reported.

The cancellation of the march in California follows a previous one in Chicago.

Women's March organizers in that city cited high costs and limited volunteer hours as reasons for nixing the annual rally, the Chicago Tribune reported.

“There’s no march, there’s no rally,” said Sara Kurensky, Women’s March Chicago board member. “We’re going to provide ways for people to organize and take action in their local communities.”

WOMEN’S MARCH LEADER CLAIMS SHE WAS KICKED OUT OF PROGRESSIVE GROUP FOR BEING JEWISH, REPORT SAYS

Meanwhile, the Women’s March national leadership has faced accusations of anti-Semitism because of ties to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

In a speech in February, Farrakhan praised a Women's March co-President Tamika Mallory and declared “the powerful Jews are my enemy.”

Leaders of Women’s March Inc. have come under scrutiny for not condemning Farrakhan’s rhetoric fast enough. The Nation of Islam is considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

ALYSSA MILANO WON’T SPEAK AT WOMEN’S MARCH UNLESS ORGANIZERS CONDEMN LOUIS FARRAKHAN

Earlier this month, a Washington state chapter of the Women's March disbanded in protest because of the national group's links to anti-Semitism.

Marches and rallies are still planned for Jan. 19 in Washington, D.C., and dozens of other cities nationwide and internationally.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Stir the racism pot anyway you can, daily.

Legend
Legend
so anyways, i just applied for a job in the trump administration!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish

You need to be on Fox News first, that's where all Trump's best people are.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

aight imma see what i need to do to end up on fox news. PDR and chs gave me the blueprint, but imma see what i need to do to speed up the process. MAGA!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Let me see if I have this right:

The 'Women's March' was cancelled by...............the "Womens March" movement? Do I have that correct?

And it took exactly 1 post for this to be called 'racism'.

And exactly 1 more post for this to somehow involve Trump?

I find that odd.

Legend
Legend
this thread wad dead so i decided to change the subject. did vambo a favor

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

2. Deny your right to speak

3. Using the mob mentality

4. Play the victim

5. Appeal to authority fallacy

A
Legend
Legend
A
this thread wad dead so i decided to change the subject. did vambo a favor

Well, you should've added an anti Christian side to it, as well as somehow working in 'evil white male conservatives', and 'rural people suck' thoughts.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Vambo Playbook....
1. Post the same asinine response anytime the subject of Race / Racism comes up.
2. Post links and quote articles without ever actually offering an opinion.
3. Repeat as necessary.

Personally I think the race card gets played too much .... but that does not mean that racism isn't alive and well and in fact thriving under Trump who does everything he can to enable and encourage a core demographic of supporters for him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

2. Deny your right to speak

3. Using the mob mentality

4. Play the victim

5. Appeal to authority fallacy

You’ve posted cartoons from the wildly anti-Semitic cartoonist Ben Garrison. You posted an anti-Semitic rant from Kevin McCarthy that McCarthy himself scrambled to scrub from the internet the day after the synagogue shootings. You’ve posted over 50+ links to the virulently racist and anti-Semitic website Breitbart, and in an attempt to defend the site asked “What’s racist about a publication having a “Black Crime” section?”. You’ve posted links to The Daily Called, a site that has to fire staffers at rate of about once or twice a month when their memberships in white power groups can no longer be denied. You’ve repeatedly posted clips from Milo Yiannopoulos lectures, a man who was banned from Twitter for instructing his followers to send pictures of apes to a black actress, and banned from PayPal for sending Nazi symbols to Jewish journalists. And just this week - hilariously - you got tricked into believing that brown people were bringing smallpox into America by an overtly racist Twitter account called “@WeSupport45”, posting their tweet while making sure to cut off the source name.

Legend
Legend
Fill in the blank. People who get upset when the race card is pulled are usually ____________.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Legend
Legend
A
Right

T
Legend
Legend
T
Pollitical correctness, becomes the victim of political correctness.

Legend
Legend
Does the NAAWP know about this yet shocked

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Fill in the blank. People who get upset when the race card is pulled are usually ____________.

Correct

Legend
Legend

No, all you need to do is go on record saying that Trump is a GOD and that everything he does is perfect and that his Poop Don't stink...

Then you get immediate consideration. No other skills but sucking up are needed.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
The Yeah..its to bad that the minorities don't realize that their hypocritical Dem, and their leaders are really worried about where their next meal comes from or where their next pocket full of votes and money is had...I just hope the the minorities get wise to their sham and start FREE THINKING before its to late . IMHO

Last edited by Riley01; 12/31/18 11:45 AM.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Riley01
The Yeah..its to bad that the minorities don't realize that their hypocritical Dem, and their leaders are really worried about where their next meal comes from or where their next pocket full of votes and money is had...I just hope the the minorities get wise to their sham and start FREE THINKING before its to late . IMHO

“Minorities are too dumb to know any better, I hope they wise up and learn to think” is definitely a normal statement that normal people make all the time.

Legend
Legend
LOL Just like bringing up a senseless killing of a police officer by an illegal immigrant but forget about talking about the senseless murders of kids at Parkland, Sandy Hook and the party goers in Las Vegas. Yeah, makes all the sense in the world.....NOT

If you wanna talk about Border Security, great, but we must talk about who can buy a gun. Otherwise, it's a waste of time

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O

Because great 'Free thinking' like this what makes America so great... Bro, you should just never speak.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Coming from 2 0f the most condescending dudes on this
board....put me on ignore then.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Coming from 2 0f the most condescending dudes on this
board....put me on ignore then.

When a guy who struggles to speak coherently or in complete sentences starts ranting about how minorities need to learn to think for themselves, he doesn’t deserve anything but condescension.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Then you put me on ignore also...very simple... basement dweller.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Then you put me on ignore also...very simple... basement dweller.

Why would I put you on ignore when you’re such an easy target for laughs and mockery because of statements like “Minorities don’t think for themselves, they need to wise up”?

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This thread is a pathetic display. I mean the article posted without comment. The first two responses.....Racism....Trump.

Ya'll really need to go outside.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Women's March event canceled over concerns of being 'overwhelmingly white'

Link Copied to Clipboard