Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1578158 01/02/19 03:55 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nope, nobody in the family had a baby... thumbsup

I was talking to my 15-yo daughter on Monday. She got a text from a friend of hers that said, "Yea we are in the playoffs, Go Ravens (smiley emoji)"

My daughter texted back "(frown emoji)"

Then her friend asked her if she was a Steelers fan and my daughter replied, "No, I'm a Browns fan and I'm genetically wired to hate the Steelers"

Now this wouldn't have shocked me at all if it had been my son a few years ago because he has always been a fan.. but I believe this is the first time I've ever heard my daughter refer to herself as a Browns FAN. She's never rooted for anybody else and she usually wasn't that interested in football because the Browns were horrible.

To hear her refer to herself as a Browns fan... and know enough to admit she has to hate the Steelers, it was a proud father day just a few years later than expected.

Now's the time folks, those kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, neighbors kids, your kids friends.. the momentum is growing and we need to start re-introducing the Browns to those young fans who have had little interest for so long...

Thanks Gregg, Freddie, Baker, Nick, Myles, and all who made it possible for me to cry like I did when my daughter said her very first words... these seem equally important... "I'm a Browns fan"...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
You should be so PROUD of her.... you go girl!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

Yep. I've got two nephews from different parts of the tree who are big Carolina fans. Personally took one to the Browns / Panthers game this year, the other happened to travel up from C-Bus with his family. My dude had his Cam jersey on, when we met up with the rest of the fam before the game I was anxious to give the other little guy some crap... low and behold... he had on a Baker shirt on and a brown and orange chef hat!

"What happened?"
"I'm a Browns fan now!"

Last week we had a little party after Christmas during the Browns / Ravens game, nephew #1 was asked what he wanted for his upcoming birthday...

"Baker jersey"
"Yeah??"
"Heck yeah!"

A house full of people and everyone going crazy rooting for the Browns, almost brought a tear to my eye!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
great parenting, great daughter

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
great parenting, great daughter

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
My brother in law is a die hard a Bengals fan. My sister is more of a Bengals fan too. We had our family Christmas during the Browns and Bengals game. My nephew was rooting hard for the Browns and rubbing it into his father's face, when he normally would be rubbing it into mine. He says he really likes Baker. I think someone just earned themselves a Baker jersey for no reason when the season starts next year and a trip to see the game in Cinci. His father and Mom took me to a Bengals Cowboys fan when I was around his age.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You are raising her correctly! Well done.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't have kids, but that has to be an awesome feeling

Legend
Legend
Raise'em up right, and they'll eventually make good decisions.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
We are getting back to the Days, when it was worth something more associating with our team. We need to get that chippy style back where we feel "dangerous" again. You saw it on the Rats game and especially a tight shot on Harbaugh when we were driving before the pick, that this group is close to getting this done, no pushovers. It feels better going into next year than it has for quite some time.

It is not like the annual, resigned "Wait until next year" mantra again; it is more like "Can't wait for next year!" instead.

Speed the Day!

Last edited by Bard Dawg; 01/04/19 05:49 PM.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It feels better going into next year than it has for quite some time.

^This. Right here.^

"too many notes, not enough music-"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum A New Browns Fan

Link Copied to Clipboard