Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend

Lamar is electric, he's one of the few reasons I'm excited about this week's games. We've been jaded as fans because the league has proven over, and over, and over again, that running QBs have a short shelf life. Maybe he's the exception, maybe as he gets better at "quarterbacking" he won't run as much. His legs have to be a weapon, not a way of life. "Slippery when wet" is sexy as hell but eventually you get hung out to dry.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
I like how everyone managed to say nice things about all the other QBs, yet the guy who’s actually in the playoffs gets back handed compliments combined with “well, I dunno if he’s gonna make it”

Since the draft, I have refrained from mentioning what Lamar is because I wanted to stick to football as much as possible, but it’s increaidngly seeming like some of y’all might have other reasons you don’t like Lamar which has nothing to do with football.

Well seeing as how I said Lamar will never be a good NFL QB i feel i’m on solid ground thinking i’m Included in the above group that u just INSINUATED ARE RACIST ..... the others can tap dance with u ... not much of a tap dancer myself ... so lets get right to the point ......

Dude can’t hit the broad side of a barn so u insinuate i’m A racist ... what a joke ... PURE CLASS on your part ... and u wonder why theres a divide in this country ...

Forget the fact i’ve said since day 1 on this board my #1 trait in a QB is ACCURACY ... forget the fact that last year it took me bout 4 or 5 games to admit i was wrong about Watson cause he PROVED ME WRONG ... love that kid ... GREAT HUMAN BEING ... u could learn a lot from him ...

FORGET THE FACT I THINK JOSH ALLEN WILL NEVER BE A GOOD QB IN THIS LEAGUE FOR THE SAME DAMM REASON ...

But somehow i’m a racist cause i still think Jackson will NEVER BE ACCURATE enough to be an NFL qb ...

Take this crap to the CESS POOL where it belongs ...

Thats BS ... and u owe us all an apology ... at least me ... my MESSAGE HAS BEEN CONSISTENT SINCE DAY 1 on this board .... but i’m Sure you’ll dig in and defend your BS and compare there completion %’s ... been pretty consistent there also ...STATS ARE FOR LOSERS ...

If u think hes accurate ... we have different definitions of the word accuratte ... WAY DIFFERENT ...

INSINUATING i’m A racist cause i don't think Jackson is accurate ... WHAT HORSEBLEEP ...

thumbsdown

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: FATE

Lamar is electric, he's one of the few reasons I'm excited about this week's games. We've been jaded as fans because the league has proven over, and over, and over again, that running QBs have a short shelf life. Maybe he's the exception, maybe as he gets better at "quarterbacking" he won't run as much. His legs have to be a weapon, not a way of life. "Slippery when wet" is sexy as hell but eventually you get hung out to dry.

He’d of made a great triple option QB back in the 70’s and 80’s ... wink ....

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So fate, hypothetically speaking, let’s say let’s say all you haters are right that Lamar won’t last long.

He only last maybe 6 years, but gets one ring out of his career. The other 4 QBs have long lasting nfl Careers, but no rings.

Who was the better QB?

Now, I’ve been on record stating over and over again that baker is the best, and baker could get us 3 rings, so the tabs have no ground to stand on when it comes to trashing me just because I like Lamar.

Because 15 years down the line, if Lamar is out the league due to injury but has a ring as the starting QB, and the other guys have long careers but no rings, well...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: FATE

He’d of made a great triple option QB back in the 70’s and 80’s ... wink ....

What comes around, goes around Dawg... He might make a great triple option QB in the 20s lol.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Who is a better QB, Philip Rivers or Eli Manning? Who has played for better teams?

D
Legend
Legend
D
So fate, hypothetically speaking, let’s say let’s say all you haters are right that Lamar won’t last long.

He only last maybe 6 years, but gets one ring out of his career. The other 4 QBs have long lasting nfl Careers, but no rings.

Who was the better QB?

Now, I’ve been on record stating over and over again that baker is the best, and baker could get us 3 rings, so the tabs have no ground to stand on when it comes to trashing me just because I like Lamar.

Because 15 years down the line, if Lamar is out the league due to injury but has a ring as the starting QB, and the other guys have long careers but no rings, well...

So by that theory ...

Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino ...

Were gonna have to disagree there also ... rofl ...

IMO Archie Manning was a better QB than Eli ... Archie never had a winning season and Eli has two rings ...

And Terry Bradshaw is one of the GOAT’s ...

Wonder exactly where Marino would fall on the list going by your logic ...

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I like how everyone managed to say nice things about all the other QBs, yet the guy who’s actually in the playoffs gets back handed compliments combined with “well, I dunno if he’s gonna make it”

Since the draft, I have refrained from mentioning what Lamar is because I wanted to stick to football as much as possible, but it’s increaidngly seeming like some of y’all might have other reasons you don’t like Lamar which has nothing to do with football.

Well seeing as how I said Lamar will never be a good NFL QB i feel i’m on solid ground thinking i’m Included in the above group that u just INSINUATED ARE RACIST .....

Imagine my surprise.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who is a better QB, Philip Rivers or Eli Manning? Who has played for better teams?

I’ll take Eli. But I’ve been consistent on my stances, and have stated before I don’t understand why Eli gets so much hate.

But hey, i guess winning super bowls is overrated.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Funny cause Ray Lewis has been on record stating that if they would’ve kept Trent, they’d have back to back titles.

But I guess winning Super Bowls is overrated.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

Sometimes it is. Who is better? Trent Dilfer or Dan Marino?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Who was the better QB?

Why's everyone gotta be a hater?

You've been right about Lamar since day one. Didn't say Lamar won't last long... said we've been conditioned to believe he won't last long. People are wrong all the time... the whole league of fat, white executives spent the better part of five years insisting the RPO was a passing phase. The league is changing. No matter how much film study you do, you're still guessing, paper-scissors-rock style, with Lamar in the backfield. His success will still be determined by longevity, ring or no ring. Name the last great QB that only played five years. You can't because the conversation starts and ends with could have been. If he is out of the league in six years but wins a ring, he will be the first person to talk about what could have been.

He's in the right place at the right time, but he needs to become a better quar-ter-back. Point blank. That's not a knock, just a fact. Same could be said of all rookie QBs though - so in that respect - dude is a winner and in the playoffs.

We can all marvel at talent and still pick out weaknesses, doesn't make us "haters", just makes us opinionated know-it-alls on a message board.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

individually, marino.

but who fit the team he was on better to WIN? dilfer.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
that a QB should throw the ball out in front and to the middle of the field when a receiver is breaking open and there is no deep help. I didn't know that you were supposed to drop a deep pass right on top of a guy's head. Got it.

Landry was already on the hash marks and defensive help was coming from the inside.. if he leads him more toward the middle of the field he is leading him into help. It was on the right line.

It was a ball that was thrown almost 40 yards in the air and it was 12" short of being perfect and Landry failed to make any adjustment at all to catch it. That incompletion is 2% on Baker Mayfield and 98% on Jarvis Landry. Worst case, Landry slows a step to catch it and ends up getting caught from behind so it's only a 65 yard gain instead of a TD...

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D

Dilfer according to Swish ...

Funny watching him dig in and just say outragoues things that make no sense ...

Time to change my GOAT LIST ... every SB winning QB is now better than:

Dan Marino
Dan Fouts
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton
Steve McNair

The HOF has it all wrong ... what are Fouts, Marino and Moon doing in there while STUDS LIKE Dilfer, Rypien, Sims and Flacco just to name a few are on the outside looking in ...

THANK GOD BREES GOT HIS ... rofl ...

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i guess i like winning more than you do. you're definitely part of the generation that was handing out participation trophies to my generation.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
anyways, for rookie QB comparisons, i stand by my list:

So, based on individual play, my ranking would be:

Mayfield
Jackson
Darnold
Allen
Rosen

based on success:

Jackson
Mayfield
Allen
Darnold
Rosen

based on offensive talent around the QB:

Mayfield
Jackson
Darnold
Allen
Rosen

Baker is the best fo the bunch, but lamar set the standard so far.

hopefully we see our own QB in the playoffs next year.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

individually, marino.

but who fit the team he was on better to WIN? dilfer.

I guess if you want to take a dominant D that won you the SB as an indication of the QB being a "better fit", you can do that. However, most NFL starters that year would have "fit better" than Dilfer. But even you stated that Marino was the better QB.

Baltimore doesn't have as great a D as they did in their SB year, but they do have the #1 D in the NFL.

You are right that the QB is the #1 position on the team, but the position isn't played in a vacuum. It's a team sport for a reason and there are some QB's with a ring that owe it to their defense.

As for Lamar, he has the chance to be a great QB. He is a first year starter and if he can become just a bit more accurate he can be really good. Those are questions left to be answered but all rookie QB's have some questions.

I think if you are being logical about the situation you can understand the question marks that surround Lamar. He lacks the size and accuracy of a Cam Newton. More people compare him to Colin Kaepernick only slightly less accurate. Kaep looked like a world beater in his first season and was figured out after that.

Actually, if you look at most of the running QB's, even with accuracy they didn't hold up long or have a high ring count. That doesn't mean that can't change, but when you look at opinions they're pretty much going to stick with past evidence until such time as the evidence changes.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot Doug Williams. He has a ring!

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
i guess i like winning more than you do. you're definitely part of the generation that was handing out participation trophies to my generation.

Thats progress .... now i don’t mind losing and give out participation trophies ... so that’s improvement on your part ... much better than when u called EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH U A RACIST ...

Good job ... your insults are getting less insulting ... now hold on and let me go get u a participation trophy as you’ve certainly finished last in this debate ... thumbsup

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
all i did was point out that the other QB's seem to keep getting love, especially darnold's trash ass, yet all lamar gets is back handed compliments.

i've had discussions already about the things lamar needs to work on throughout the season. he's by no means perfect, and i agree with Vick that lamar shouldnt have anything higher than 12-15 carries a game. the rate he's running scares me.

but AGAIN, and i dont know how clear i have to make myself, its really odd that no matter what, there's a # of posters who just absolutely refuse to give him credit where credit is due.

just like last season, the posters who kept claiming deshaun watson was a running QB, while he was tearing up the passing TD mark his first year before he got hurt.

im evaluating the QB's based on their current play and fit in the nfl, while a lot of posters just refuse to move past their college/draft analysis.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i didn't call anybody a racist. you might want to go reread that post. its also odd that ive stuck to football as much as i can, while guys like vers have caught less heat than i have despite him clearly bringing up race for the reason posters dont like hue jackson, something ive never done.

interesting.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Best part of that one Pit ...

That Rat team scored ZERO TD’S in the month of October and it was a 5 GAME MONTH ...

Thats almost impossible to do ... i was atone of those games ... we lost to them 9 - 6 that year .... BRUTAL GAME ...

T
Legend
Legend
T

Who was the better QB?

Are you supposing the Ravens aren't a better organization than the Browns and Bills? Since 2000 they have 2 rings.

Teams, Ozzie Newsome, a lot of things go into winning a championship.

If it goes how you say, a lot of things go in to what I would think is the better quarterback, but the quarterbacks ethnicity would have nothing to do with it.

( Genealogy, maybe, as I recall a Clay Mathews Jr. interview where he gave a one word answer of "Genetics",)

The things I have against Lamar Jackson, in rating him, are. 1. I didn't watch him,
2. He played at Louisville, which I consider a Basketball school, and now

3. A Big Three! is He's a Raven, which is in the division and so on.

I also root against Mason Rudolph, who I think is probably the 2nd best Qb in this past draft behind Mayfield, but, we won't find out if he doesn't play, (because he's a Steeler), and

Lamar Jackson is surprising me, because when I see him he is playing well, and I hadn't watched him before.
Also Too, Pat Mahomes is surprising me too, because I hadn't seen or followeh is play until this season.
Also, the guy in Philadelphia, Wentz, apparently he is pretty good, but I've only watched Foles, who I think, must be better, because he won a freakin Superbowl (and made some good decisions with the football in the games I watched)

So, they can tell me Wentz is better, or Good, but I still won't believe it until I see it, and I've seen Foles.
Trubisky is a pretty good quarterback.

I'll still be surprised if Josh Rosen improves much, because I want Qb's, and players mostly, that did well in bowl games in college, and if they didn't or were almost non existent, it makes me wonder. ( I won't say red flag, because it may be nothing they can control, but it does make me wonder, because I think all the great NFL qbs, mostly had a background where the came from a good performance in a big bowl game or more than one.

Legend
Legend
You forgot Doug Williams. He has a ring!

He forgot Doug Williams?

Definitely racist!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Team success and individual success are not the same thing.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think it's tough - Lamar has been sensational. But he hasn't been a sensational thrower of the ball. I've seen him make nice throws - but he isn't throwing receivers open - releasing the ball as the WR is making a cut like Baker is - and he's not throwing into tight windows with terrific accuracy like Baker.

The most recent example of a rookie sensation that was a running QB was a flash in the pan and never lived up to his rookie promise because he got injured and then asked to play through the injury. Who knows what happens if RG3 stays healthy? But he didn't - and I think it's impossible not to think of RG3 when you think of Lamar. . . . someone compared him to Cam I think? I don't see that - I think Cam is a pretty bad QB but a great athelete - but he's like 6'5 and as big as most LBers ... that's not Lamar.

Lamar deserves mad kudos - but regardless of the Kudos, it's going to come with a "let's see it over another season or 2": Will he stay healthy or will small nicks and bumps affect him? Will defenses take his running away and leave him to rely on having to throw the ball and how well will he do that without the threat of the run ? ... I don't think that is unfair.

I'm really interested to see how Lamar tracks in the playoffs - it is going to be really fun. I will be rooting for him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I’ll do bettor than go re-read it .... i’ll post it here and give u chance to explain ....

Go ahead bro ... please tell me what that meant as i appearantly mis-understood it ...

Go ahead ... please tell me how i mis took what u meant ...

I’ll be waiting ...

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
you should go look at the draft thread.

people were trashing him over the wonderlick score. people also trashed him because of the way he talks.

nothing ive said was made up.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I think that Lamar is RG3, only without the accuracy RG3showed as a rookie.

RG3 had a dynamic rookie season, then running, and hits, derailed his career. I don't think that Lamar is as good a passer, and if he takes the wrong hit as a runner, I do question whether he can barely a good enough passer to win in the NFL.

I also wonder about Allen. Both guys have shown the ability to make a great throw, then butcher an easy one. I don't think either guy is all that. We'll see if they are, or not.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Looking at your 3 lists, I just want to say, even today I still feel Rudolph is ahead of Darnold Allen and Rosen, on all counts.

It's just that Rudolph hasn't gotten on field playing time yet. Is it possible for a better QB to not get on the field,

and I like, let me say...

Since 2 days before the draft, I have been surprisingly impressed and had to change my views to the better category by what I've seen out of
Darnold and Allen, but especially Allen.

Because, I didn't like Darnold, but I did go back and forth on that one, some days I would see some things and think Darnold is going to be special, and other days think, ehh ya no, he isn't good, not very good at all.

Then other times think, oh no Darnold is the #2 guy this year, ... all in all it really doesn't matter,

but, I believe, there's still a chance, Rudolph comes out of this class as the #... One of the top 2 from this drafted class.
But will people say that, if he never gets on the field, or not until later.

But right now today, Mason Rudolph, of the Steelers is definetly above Allen, Rosen and Darnold in my opinion.

Cept maybe Darnold.
( if had to trade. Trade Value, Darnold has more "today" of course because of league wide opinion, so as a "poker card to hold on to" Darnold has greater value, but I don't know, not sure if Darnold can = playing ability of what I feel Mason Rudolph's potential offers.

D
Legend
Legend
D
U avoided my question .... almost like I HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD ....

Interesting .... wink ...

Have a good one dawg ... I think u owe at least me an apology ... but sometimes in life things just don’t go the way u want ... thumbsup

I NEVER said any of those things ... yet u lump me in with them ...

Interesting ... wink ...

Touché bro ... *L* ...

Happy New Year to U and yours Mr. Swish ... thumbsup

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i didnt avoid your question. you just didn't like the answer.

anyways, happy new years to you and your fam as well.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Rudolph could very well surprise everyone, especially since next season could very well be big ben's last, so who knows.

he definitely possesses the skill set, and gets to sit behind a HoF QB, so we will see.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
I really dont wanna do this .. but no u didnt answer the question ...

U gave more examples of why u think posters are racist .. in that response u had some merit as they were slamming him for speech and having a low wonder whatever score .. i cant spell it .. *L* ..

U know what u did bro .. and so does everyone else ...

I’m done with this part .. get the last word in ... then go enjoy your family and the new year bro ... thumbsup

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i know exactly what i did.

it was calling people out. if it doesnt apply to you, then why worry about it?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I have always seen Rudolph as more of a long term backup type.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
anyways, here's the rookie highlights:

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I have always seen Rudolph as more of a long term backup type.

i dunno bro. if he put the same numbers up in the ACC or big10, is he still a 3rd rounder?

from what i seen, i think he could be a quality starter in this league.

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T

im evaluating the QB's based on their current play and fit in the nfl, while a lot of posters just refuse to move past their college/draft analysis.

How many Ravens games do you watch on Sunday at 1 in the afternoon in the fall? (I'm a Browns fan, I'm busy watching the Browns). I hadn't even seen Lamar Jackson play in the NFL until the 2nd time the Browns and Ravens played,
Wasn't even aware, for sure either way, it wasn't Flacco starting after he came back from an injury.

I like Watson, he's unblei... He's special.
( I'll stick by my list, even though 6 months ago I only took a few seconds to think about it, )
1.Deshaun Watson
2. Baker Mayfield
3. Ryan Tannehill
4 and 5, Aaron Rogers or Drew Brees
6, Russell Wilson
7. Andy Dalton.

And my thinking goes like, today going forward, if I had this one would I trade for the one above him, straigt up, I think I would. (probably put Brees above Rogers, but I forget which one I posted in April).

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum End of the Season Rookie QB Stats/Comparisons

Link Copied to Clipboard