~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

neoliberal rag WaPo posted false information in their fact check lol

Did you just yell FAKE NEWS at the Washington Post???

BAWHAWhahahahahahahaha rofl

I feel like a proud papa who's babe just came of age.

Creepy. But you must have me confused with someone else. Other than liking Liz Bruenig and believing Jamal Khashoggi was killed by Saudi Arabia, you'll be hard pressed to find me ever expressing praise to WaPo. It's a tax break for Bezos and gives him a larger soapbox to speak on. I remember last month you guys calling it leftist rag though. I remember telling you and a few others they weren't.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Haters gonna hate... I'm beginning to love this girl's fire, lol.

I do too. She is attractive and has a nice bod....I just think she doesn't get it at this point in her life.

I am not a sexist, but I will never apologize for being a male and looking at women. You can do that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
The media is attempting an establishment hit on AOC imho. Just like they do to Bernie, because progressive liberal politics are hated by the rich regardless of party.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
The media is attempting an establishment hit on AOC imho. Just like they do to Bernie, because progressive liberal politics are hated by the rich regardless of party.

Yes, yes that's it. They are making her tweet and say those things dangit!

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Haters gonna hate... I'm beginning to love this girl's fire, lol.

I do too. She is attractive and has a nice bod....I just think she doesn't get it at this point in her life.

I am not a sexist, but I will never apologize for being a male and looking at women. You can do that.

Pretty sure the FBI is being sent to your home for this thought crime as I type.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Yes, yes that's it. They are making her tweet and say those things dangit!

I don't agree with every word she says or tweets, but she is nowhere near being on the same level of crazy that Trump is... She scares the establishment, period. She also scares small minded GOPers.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/08/19 11:01 AM.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Your entitled to your opinion, but theres not a single person that I know that "fears" AOC.

In fact, most on the right that I know, want her to keep it up because she is the poster child for what you are going to get with far lefties - which will drive people away.

My neighbor is a councilman, he said just yesterday "every time she speaks, I can almost hear a new registration card filled out republican"

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Your entitled to your opinion, but theres not a single person that I know that "fears" AOC.

In fact, most on the right that I know, want her to keep it up because she is the poster child for what you are going to get with far lefties - which will drive people away.

My neighbor is a councilman, he said just yesterday "every time she speaks, I can almost hear a new registration card filled out republican"

Yes, I’m sure Ocasio-Cortez is going to lead to a ton of people saying “You know, I never cared much for politics before, but I think I’m going to join the party headed by the senile racist game show host”

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PDF

Yes, I’m sure Ocasio-Cortez is going to lead to a ton of people saying “You know, I never cared much for politics before, but I think I’m going to join the party headed by the senile racist game show host”

rofl

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Honestly it's good. The quicker Republicans start viewing climate change as an issue and understand that gay people are finally l human, the better America will be.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The combination of fear and horniness she elicits from FOX News Grandpas has been a delight to watch.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The combination of fear and horniness she elicits from FOX News Grandpas has been a delight to watch.

A brilliant entrepreneur could make a fortune selling AOC blow up dolls on Breitbart and during Fox News. lmao

P
Legend
Legend
P

I really think you all need to stop this nonsense. Look, I like a lot of her platform. I don't believe she is intentionally trying to deceive people. But some of you sound like Trump supporters.

She should be held to the same standard when it comes to truthfulness. I guess that's a little easier for me to do since I'm not beholden to either party.

The fact it's being pointed out when she doesn't tell the truth is the exact same thing that's done to Trump. It should be done to all elected officials. The American people have the right to know when someone in a position of authority is being dishonest to them.

It's not a conspiracy theory or some plot against her. It's about accountability. She is going to have to learn that if you wish to be viewed as different than other politicians, when you make a statement that's wrong, you have to stand up and own it.

Otherwise you're just another politician.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
lol that is what I have been trying to convey this entire thread. I simply cannot understand how people who incessantly rag on Trump for his lies and buffoonery defend someone doing the same type of half truth, half ignorant grandstanding.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Bro I don't want any of them lying. But AOC is taking hits for crap the right is just twisting. And I don't agree 100% with any politician, but when the other side attacks one of ours we have to at least take a look and hold that scrutiny to the same standard they would allow on one of theirs.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So you're admitting to not even trying to be above that childish nonsense. Got it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BpG
So you're admitting to not even trying to be above that childish nonsense. Got it.

You got something, I hope it's not contagious. wink

P
Legend
Legend
P
but when the other side attacks one of ours

This is where tribalism takes over for objectivity. See, I don't have an "other side" or an "ours". It simplifies things for me a lot.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
AOC says a lot of wrong things.

but its very odd how posters want people to compare a house member to the president.

the way pit and bpg talk, one would think AOC is currently president.

or even speaker. neither of which she is. thats like saying i should be upset with the governor of california with the same level of disappointment i have in the president.

i have no control over who elects the governor of cali, just like i have no control over who in the DISTRICT voted for AOC.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
but when the other side attacks one of ours

This is where tribalism takes over for objectivity. See, I don't have an "other side" or an "ours". It simplifies things for me a lot.

There was a time I felt that way. But there are 3 things I can't stand and it's liars, thieves, and dumbasses. In 2016 all three won. Crap changed.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/08/19 02:57 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think all elected officials should be held to the same standard.
It doesn't really upset me. But if AOC plans to have any aspirations of furthering her political career in the future, she needs to watch what she says now.

She can choose to set herself apart from other politicians by owning up to her mistakes or be just another politician. I don't make excuses for the nations elected officials. To me it's not a "Yeah but she's not the president" kind of thing. Either elected officials are expected to be honest or they're not.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
There was a time I felt that way. But there are 3 things I can't stand and it's liars, thieves, and dumbasses. In 2016 all three won. Crap changed.

And that's fine that you feel that way. Yet that seems to be the exact kind of thing that Republicans use with Democrats.

They say Dems are all some extreme left wing politicians and count them all as being the same. I don't like falling into that category as labeling people as all the same.

We had a fantastic gov. here in Bill Haslam. I don't feel anyone can honestly compare a man like Kasich to Trump. I'm not a one size fits all kind of guy.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
J/C

I don't care either way if she takes it, I am more disturbed that someone 29 years old with no experience can make 174k a year at ANY position.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So the American dram should be dead?

wink

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I really think you all need to stop this nonsense. Look, I like a lot of her platform. I don't believe she is intentionally trying to deceive people. But some of you sound like Trump supporters.

She should be held to the same standard when it comes to truthfulness. I guess that's a little easier for me to do since I'm not beholden to either party.

The fact it's being pointed out when she doesn't tell the truth is the exact same thing that's done to Trump. It should be done to all elected officials. The American people have the right to know when someone in a position of authority is being dishonest to them.

It's not a conspiracy theory or some plot against her. It's about accountability. She is going to have to learn that if you wish to be viewed as different than other politicians, when you make a statement that's wrong, you have to stand up and own it.

Otherwise you're just another politician.
well said, pitt

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
AOC says a lot of wrong things.

but its very odd how posters want people to compare a house member to the president.

the way pit and bpg talk, one would think AOC is currently president.

or even speaker. neither of which she is. thats like saying i should be upset with the governor of california with the same level of disappointment i have in the president.

i have no control over who elects the governor of cali, just like i have no control over who in the DISTRICT voted for AOC.

You bring up a good point, and I see that argument, however AOC is not part of a congress that passes bills for the entire country. She is now a congresswomen of the UNITED STATES from the state of new York, not the other way around.

Now, she should be acting in the interest of her consituents yes, but her ideas are being shut down by the rest (well, majority) of others, then well...that's how this whole thing works.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't care either way if she takes it, I am more disturbed that someone 29 years old with no experience can make 174k a year at ANY position.

Why are you disturbed by that?

Last edited by gage; 01/08/19 04:43 PM. Reason: no emojis boo

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: gage

I am disturbed by that to an extent. I don't think anyone that works part time should make that much money from a tax payer funded salary. Those are outrageous amounts to make IMHO.

edit to add: that goes for a 29 year old or a 70 year old, btw.

Last edited by willitevachange; 01/08/19 04:48 PM.
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

The average american makes what 30k?

Quote:
For 25- to 34-year-olds, it was $793 a week, or $41,236 a year. The average salary for a recent college graduate with a bachelor's degree was $51,022 a year in 2017, according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers Fall 2017 Salary Survey.Jun 20, 2018

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/student-loans/average-salary-by-age/

She makes more than 3x what her peers make who likely have experience.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am disturbed by that to an extent. I don't think anyone that works part time should make that much money from a tax payer funded salary. Those are outrageous amounts to make IMHO.

Is your specific concern that it's taxpayer funded, or that it's part time? I'm curious if you'd be ok with a private citizen making 174k working part time, or if they were full time you'd be ok with someone making 174k on taxpayer money.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Is your specific concern that it's taxpayer funded, or that it's part time? I'm curious if you'd be ok with a private citizen making 174k working part time, or if they were full time you'd be ok with someone making 174k on taxpayer money.

Actually neither, it's more that someone with zero experience can land a job in the US government paying her that much. I realize that my perspective is skewed being in Ohio but still.

As a private citizen, make your money how you can get it, but no one is paying you 174k at 29 years old with no experience. Unless I am missing some niche market.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The average american makes what 30k?

Quote:
For 25- to 34-year-olds, it was $793 a week, or $41,236 a year. The average salary for a recent college graduate with a bachelor's degree was $51,022 a year in 2017, according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers Fall 2017 Salary Survey.Jun 20, 2018

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/student-loans/average-salary-by-age/

She makes more than 3x what her peers make who likely have experience.

I don't see the problem. I don't want to overshare, but reading your complaints about her means you'd have the same complaints directed at me also.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You have no experience in your field and make 174k?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In my personal case no, but it's not uncommon for college grads in my field to make about what AOC is making in total comp. A college graduate moving into an L4 at Google can easily shoot past $200k in total comp.

Last edited by gage; 01/08/19 05:54 PM.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Well yeah my adjusted salary is more than that in California. Still my point is that this person has no experience making 100k more than the median where she lives. In what can only be described as an entry level position.

Legend
Legend
Happy Birthday!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Well yeah my adjusted salary is more than that in California. Still my point is that this person has no experience making 100k more than the median where she lives. In what can only be described as an entry level position.

I know we want a political pipeline, and to further deteriorate the executive and legislative branch, but being a congressperson, even a first timer, should hardly be considered an entry level position.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't have a problem with it but only for one reason. She was elected to hold the office. Now had she been given the job as some kind of favor or a complete oversight I would certainly agree with you. But when the voters in her district make a conscious choice to give her the job, that's the way the system is supposed to work.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
willynilly

AOC went for it and won, now she is making bank at only 29 AND involved in making laws with her radical ideas! Meanwhile the rest of us are stuck in loserville...

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is embarrassing.

Link Copied to Clipboard