Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Yikes.

Don't get me wrong, I like Freddie. I don't see how he's qualified, though. Anybody who bagged on some of the young college coaches being hired and campaigned for Freddie at the same time need to take a step back and see how hypocritical that is.

I dunno... I like what Freddie did, I just think we've interrupted continuity, yet again, by removing him from the OC position.

Not sure how he’s NOT QUALIFIED ooob ... difference between him and Riley is NIGHT AND DAY ... not even close ....

- 20 years overall experience ...
- 13 years in rhe NFL .... i knew he had a legite shot when I found out Parcells hired hi out of the gate with no previous connection to the tuna and no nfl experience ... thats a TOUGH TASK with the tuna ...

He only had a year with the tuna ... tuna LOVES HIM ... That tells me A LOT ....

He worked under Arians a GREAT OFFENSIVE MIND ... hopefully he learned how important discipline is from the tuna ...

Sorry ooob ... only thing Freddie was short on was OC experience .... OVERRATED .... see McVay who NEVER CALLED A PLAY before going to St. Louis ... McVay Calls plays and he’s DOING JUST FINE ...

From the first time i read his resume i thought he had a SHOT cause of his EXPERIENCE and what he did here ... we made him associate HC for a REASON ... and its not cause he sucked ...

Good Luck Freddie .. u got he PEDIGREE ... now lets see if u have what it takes for this job ...

LETS GOOOOOOOoooooooooo .... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bonefish
My guess is GW is gone.

GW has already been relieved of his duties.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Where are all the Haslam haters saying Dorsey wasn't going to get his guy?

Still a Haslam hater.

Still a Haslam hater, but he's slowly winning me over with his stolen trucker money by buying the Crew and hiring Dorsey. Dorsey is the one who has completely won me over. I didn't agree with everything he did, but he's making me eat my shoe every week. It tastes great with all this success. Hell, I didn't really think Dorsey was going to pick Kitchens, but he surprised me again. I think this dude is a visionary. I hope we have our establishment guys, GM, HC, QB for the forseeable future. For the people who suggested a triumvirate, this is the only triumvirate that matters in the NFL. The best organization have unbelievable synergy between the positions. I think we have the foundation to build something great. I honestly don't think I've ever been this excited about the Browns in my life other than this moment right now. This is only a testament to Dorsey's vision. I'm not building a statue of him yet, but from this point on I'm getting the mold ready. It's a good time to be a Browns fan.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

I’ve seen several Tweets like this from defensive guys. That’s pretty cool.

D
Legend
Legend
D
It’ll be interesting to see what the HC title entails with him ... what will his responsibilities actually be ..

One thing Freddie has going for him that gives him a HUGE LEG up on the other new coaches and on a lot of nfl coaches is BAKE ....

U know how much that means ...

There’s a lot of positives ...

- he knows Bake better than anyone right now .. including Riley .. he has the most recent experience with Bake and it was nfl experience not college ..

- he knows the guys on this team especially on O ... no need to stat from scratch ...

This is as seemless as possible short of hiring GW ....

Good Luck Freddie ... the table is set perfectly for u ... u couldnt ask FOR A BETTER SITUATION ...

LETS GOOOOOOooooooooooooo ... thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
Freddie does not know Baker better than Riley..lmao...come on I get you don't like Riley but thats just false, as saying its night and day between he and freddie from being qualified, you're right, Riley is more qualified because actually been a HC

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think haslam is a POS that got lucky as hell to fall into Dorsey ...

With that said i thought Dorsey had a LEGITE SHOT at getting his guy ... this was DIFFERENT in EVERY WAY from every previous HC hire ...

This was a PERFECT STORM starting with last year’s bye week debacle ... everything FELL INTO PLACE starting with Dorsey SITTING THERE in Nov and then BAKE was there ...

STARS ALIGNED dawg .... FINALLY ... thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
im surprised nothing from offensive guys or baker yet

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think we've stumbled into a lot of things recently...

Consider if Dorsey had hired a coach to start the 2018 season...

No one ends up knowing about Kitchens (most likely), but we may have just stumbled upon something glorious... never know.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
So an interesting thing is that Jimmy and Dee are having a press conference soon in Columbus to announce the Crew deal and new stadium. I wonder if he'll field any Browns questions or if they've been told to stay on the Crew out of respect. Although I think buying an MLS team is like buying a AAA baseball team. Better investment, but who cares. Talk about the real football. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I was trying to find this video without any stupid commentary, but when I saw this about a month ago, I knew I wanted Kitchens and no one else. This and the Baker gesture really made me see the value in their personal relationship.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Freddie does not know Baker better than Riley..lmao...come on I get you don't like Riley but thats just false, as saying its night and day between he and freddie from being qualified, you're right, Riley is more qualified because actually been a HC

We need that big ole cryin baby emoji .... and some common sense ....

U wanted Lynn from SD fired Saturday ... really all anyone that has a clue about football needs to know about your knowledge .. Lynn has been one of the best HC’s in the nfl over the last few years and u want him fired during a playoff game he won ... rofl ...

Maybe next year u can sit next to Riley at a game as thats the ONLY NFL EXPERIENCE HE HAS ... Freddie’s been GRINDING in the nfl for 13 years after 5 years of college experience and was OUR ASSOCIATE HC last year .. and COMPLETELY TURNED AN NFL O around picking it up MID STREAM ... ahhh .. true shiny new toy syndrome in full affect ... *LOL* ...

He spent a YEAR WITH BAKE in the ACTUAL NFL (u do understand theres a difference .. no? ... ) .... 1/2 of them as his OC ...

PLEASE get the old BIG WHINING BABY EMOJI ... were gonna need it ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
He better win or the anger will be palpable.

As opposed to how much less palpable it would have been under _____________ ...

Please fill in the blank bro .... *L* ....

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Happy that the hire was Freddie.

Now, I’m very interested to see the coaching staff. I’m assuming Freddie will retain play-calling responsibilities and bring an offensive coordinator aboard for game-planning and installation purposes. I would bet Zampese leaves and Ryan Lindley slides over to the quarterback room with Baker and Stanton. I would love to see Adam Henry retained. I think he has done an incredible job with the wide receivers. I would like to see Bob Wylie stay. Fine with Gregg being dismissed. Suspect that means a brand-new defensive staff, though.

The strength of the support staff in football operations will be tested, too. As a first-time head coach, Freddie will need a strong director of football operations to assist with the administrative aspects of coaching, like arranging meetings, confirming travel plans, coordinating equipment logistics, remodeling facilities, scripting practice for assistant coaches, working with advance scouts and the video department for seamless arrival of film, etc.

But, as far as I’m concerned, the most important part of the search was finding someone that fit with Baker. That would consistently put him in the best positions to succeed. And we’ve already seen Freddie do that, so I’m glad.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

U wanted Lynn from SD fired Saturday ... really all anyone that has a clue about football needs to know about your knowledge .. Lynn has been one of the best HC’s in the nfl over the last few years and u want him fired during a playoff game he won ... rofl ...

Maybe next year u can sit next to Riley at a game as thats the ONLY NFL EXPERIENCE HE HAS ... Freddie’s been GRINDING in the nfl for 13 years after 5 years of college experience and was OUR ASSOCIATE HC last year .. and COMPLETELY TURNED AN NFL O around picking it up MID STREAM ... ahhh .. true shiny new toy syndrome in full affect ... *LOL* ...

He spent a YEAR WITH BAKE in the ACTUAL NFL (u do understand theres a difference .. no? ... ) .... 1/2 of them as his OC ...

no, what we need is cipher for your rambling incoherent posts. Grinding in the nfl for 13 years as a position coach...what praise. and wow 1 whole year , Riley was his OC/QB and HC for 2...So thats 2 seasons, 2 offseasons. Sorry, your dislike of Riley has blinded you to simple math. But then again reading your posts and writing style, doesn't surprise me much

Legend
Legend

I tend to agree... but you know "hindsight is always 20/20". If we're not off to a rip-roarin' start and other candidates are, well, you know how that will go.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The big thing will be who he hires as his DC and OC. We just lost a pretty damn good defensive mind. If he hires a no-attack bland DC then we are screwed. If he hires a guy that runs the 3-4 we are really screwed.

He is a good guy and he did a good job for a short period of time as the OC. We will see how good of an HC he is, starting with who he hires as his coordinators.

Dorsey could have hired almost anyone. He CHOSE Kitchens. So he gets to live and die with that decision. I HOPE it was the right one but I am more than a little concerned. Especially about what it means on the D side.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Wow! And Cool. So the Offense will be fine, just need to add some pieces but what about the Defense. Apparently, Williams was better as a DC as an HC because your defense was 21st in scoring and 30th in yards allowed. That's not good at all.

I wonder what kind of staff Kitchens will assemble. Any big names out there he could recruit?

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Originally Posted By: FATE

I tend to agree... but you know "hindsight is always 20/20". If we're not off to a rip-roarin' start and other candidates are, well, you know how that will go.

But you really cannot compare us to other squads with new coaches. I trust that Dorsey got the right guy for the job. His track record up to this point has been spot on so I'll give the benefit of the doubt. The real test will be to see how Kitchens helps Mayfield improve from last year. If he stagnates (which there is no evidence that he will), then there should be cause for alarm. But at the same time, Kitchens knows Baker and should know how to get the most out of him and put him in the best position to succeed. That much is proven.

But thinking that whatever our record is compared to other coaches is terrible thinking. Winning is not easy in the league.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: FATE

Great find Fate ... thanks for sharing ... 30 seconds in ....

- Carson Palmer ... GENIUNE, HONEST .... two character traits of LEADERS ....
-thick ... *LOL* ...

Thanks for sharing Fate ... no clue how dudes gonna do ... but i REALLY LIKE THIS GUY ...

Good Luck Freddie ... thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, glad to know that Kitchens is so awesome he can't fail. He better be. You think he has so much experience? We just lost a guy on the D side that has vastly more experience. Williams has been in the NFL for years and years and then more years. I know it is unpopular to give a crap about the defense in the modern NFL but Kitchens better know a lot about that side too or hire one hell of a DC. Have your pie in the sky moment. Starting tomorrow Kitchens better show and prove he's ready. Because that's when it REALLY gets tough!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Congratulations Freddie!
Colin Cowherd hates the pick so you are already a leg up in my opinion!

GW is Gone but no word on his Son.....

D
Legend
Legend
D
I dont dislike ‘Riley at all .. hes a GREAT O mind ...

Writing style smack and my posts suck ... yet u still read them .. why? .... rofl ...

Hmmm .. maybe u still read my crappy written and dumb posts cause i know enough to not want coaches like Lynn fired during games they were winning the entire time ... thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people wouldn't be happy if we resurrected a young Paul Brown ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
BS’s starting all ready ... good to see ... rofl ...

Never said he couldnt fail ... matter of fact ... READ MY POST RIGHT ABOVE YOURS ... includes the sentance ...

NO CLUE HOW DUDES GONNA DO ... ... u guys are great ... *LOL* ...

EXPERIENCE is one factor menZa ....

Let me know when 1 + 1 = 2 ...

WHERES THE CRYING BABY EMOJI ... thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe I'm just a little biased. I wanted Arians. Further, I don't understand why we didn't even interview him.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like Freddie. I don't see how he's qualified, though

This shows he's got some Qualifications :

Freddie Kitchens

Cleveland Browns

Position:
Head Coach

Personal information

Born:
November 29, 1974 (age 44)
Gadsden, Alabama

Career information

High school:
Attalla (AL) Etowah

College:
Alabama

Career history

As coach:

Glenville State (1999)
Running backs coach & tight ends coach

LSU (2000)
Graduate assistant

North Texas (2001–2003)
Running backs coach

Mississippi State (2004)
Tight ends coach

Mississippi State (2005)
Running backs coach

Dallas Cowboys (2006)
Tight ends coach

Arizona Cardinals (2007–2012)
Tight ends coach

Arizona Cardinals (2013–2016)
Quarterbacks coach

Arizona Cardinals (2017)
Running backs coach

Cleveland Browns (2018)
Running backs coach & associate head coach

Cleveland Browns (2018–January 2019)
Offensive coordinator...

I would like to add this :

Cleveland Browns (January 2019-Present)
Head Coach.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe I'm just a little biased. I wanted Arians. Further, I don't understand why we didn't even interview him.

I wanted Arians too but I'm ok with Kitchens ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I think Ariens would have been good but the age and medical history HAD to be taken into account. Dorsey wanted someone for the next 10-15 years.. Not another stop gap...

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Freddie seems like a guy who has been overlooked most of his life. Came up the hard way. Has been good at his job.
You could insert Baker for Freddie with that statement. They are a lot alike in that regard, and I think that's why Baker likes him. Just my feeling.

I think this is great news.

D
Legend
Legend
D

I wanted him too ooob ...

IMO he got no consideration cause of his age ...

Dorsey is building a TEAM in every sense of the word ... IMO and this is pure speculation he wanted someone fairly young to grow with this team .... Stepanski is pretty “young” also ...

Once Arians was out ... it was Freddie or Campbell for me ...

No matter who we hired i wasnt gonna whine and act like a 2 year old i was getting on board ...

THRILLED it’s Freddie so now getting on board is EXTREMELY EASY and i have an EAR TO EAR SMILE on my face right now ...

Thats the easy ;part Freddie ...GOOD LUCK with the hard part ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend

You know this may go against the norm but I wonder what the Browns will do with Drew Stanton.

Baker is super tight with Drew. He respects him tremendously. Is always talking him up and saying how much he has helped.

Maybe there is a chance Drew would move to OC. I know he is a player with no previous coaching experience. But he is a experienced offensive guy.

DC? Unsure. Blake did a good job.

Maybe someone who has worked with Freddie before.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Well tampa just had to give Cards a 6th and 7th pick for hiring him. So they gave up two picks to hire a guy that might be out of the league in two years, in which Freddie would have more than likely been hired somewhere else by then.

Age, health, picks, his constant self promotion of wanting to be here - I am sure John had all the reasons in the world, and I trust his reasoning over your questioning him.

L
Legend
Legend
L

I'm a big believer in chemistry in cases such as this. I liked what GW and his coordinators were doing.

I hope things work out, but I can see Freddie starting Out 1-5 next season and fans will start resenting the decision this team made this week.

Last edited by lampdogg; 01/09/19 02:39 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't get me wrong. The decision was Dorsey's, so I'm on board. I'm just worried, that's all.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

If I was to speculate, I would guess it's primarily because he'll be 67 years old in October and has health issues in the past.

I would speculate this because I think Dorsey and his staff want to build something that can grow for many years...

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: bonefish

You know this may go against the norm but I wonder what the Browns will do with Drew Stanton.

Baker is super tight with Drew. He respects him tremendously. Is always talking him up and saying how much he has helped.

Maybe there is a chance Drew would move to OC. I know he is a player with no previous coaching experience. But he is a experienced offensive guy.

DC? Unsure. Blake did a good job.

Maybe someone who has worked with Freddie before.
I would think Drew would be asked to stay - idk about OC but maybe QB coach??

I don't see Blake staying after they fired his dad 15 min after Freddie was hired. That's up in the air for now.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
We all have to assume Dorsey picked the right guy.
After Hue was canned, and the Browns started winning, I thought it was because of GW and FK.
Now, I'm pretty sure a lot of that winning happened because of NO HUE.

I really don't see how any of the winning continuity might stop because FK is the guy. I'm sure it'll continue.
Hue leaving is a huge component to that, and so was FK.
After some of those late game decisions, or lack of decisions, by GW I'm not upset he wasn't named HC.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Freddie Kitchens to be named head coach of the Cleveland Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard