Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Riley01
So let me see. I think Pelosi will lie and you think Trump will lie, but Im the 5 yr old and YOUR the adult in the room ...GOT IT.

We don't have to think about if Trump lies. He does. Over and over and over again. That's been proven 100%.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
THROW LONG I could not agree more. Personally I believe anyone who is against the president is against this country and do not want it to succeed. They are unpatriotic and I sincerely question whether or not they know what patriotism is, whether or not they are thankful to be a citizen and are proud of American exceptionalism.

I’ll just leave this here for your contemplation about our ‘exceptionslism’.

Can you post the income, sales, etc tax rates for those countries?

Legend
Legend
before i give a response, can you tell the board why you want those figures?

do tax rates matter more than those 4 things in the picture?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anything named real truth is going to need a link to some sort of data.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Honest question to my friends on the left. The last two years, all we have heard was the Dem party was the forward thinking, progressive, new idea party that had the pulse of the country and the younger generation at their thought process, right? The Green New Deal? What about his photo tells you they mean a single word of what they say, or that anything on the left has changed. Honestly. They look like two grandparents getting ready to send a billion dollar of tax payer money to a the nice Nigerian prince from the email.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
THROW LONG I could not agree more. Personally I believe anyone who is against the president is against this country and do not want it to succeed. They are unpatriotic and I sincerely question whether or not they know what patriotism is, whether or not they are thankful to be a citizen and are proud of American exceptionalism.

I’ll just leave this here for your contemplation about our ‘exceptionslism’.

Can you post the income, sales, etc tax rates for those countries?

I’m not playing other than to say...
I’ll gladly pay the taxes to have me and my fellow countrymen’s healthcare, safety, and general wellbeing looked after. As it is I pay taxes for F-35’s that can’t fly. Invisible battleships that can’t do what they’re supposed to do. Or potentially a worthless wall that our feckless leader wants to tax me for.
So yes, those countries pay higher tax rates. They’re also at the tops for safety, quality of life, best for children, and best healthcare. Seems like a fair trade off to me.
But I know ‘taxes are bad’
....at least the way this country utilizes them.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
this comment makes no sense.

changing of the guard just doesn't happen overnight. apparently you haven't paid attention to all the young people that just won seats in the house.

but thats people on the right for you. gotta be extreme in everything. apparently having the pulse of the country and younger generation means we need to be voting for 26 years olds across the board.

lol is my answer to your question.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Even at that you would have to deduct what people pay in healthcare insurance and associated costs.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Honest question to you. What does that picture have to do with the Democratic party platform and ideas?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Honest question to you. What does that picture have to do with the Democratic party platform and ideas?

he thinks the left are hypocrites because two old people still represent the party.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Even at that you would have to deduct what people pay in healthcare insurance and associated costs.

Exactly. My $5000 deductible is crazy. But taxes are bad...

[Linked Image]
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Honest question to my friends on the left. The last two years, all we have heard was the Dem party was the forward thinking, progressive, new idea party that had the pulse of the country and the younger generation at their thought process, right? The Green New Deal? What about his photo tells you they mean a single word of what they say, or that anything on the left has changed. Honestly. They look like two grandparents getting ready to send a billion dollar of tax payer money to a the nice Nigerian prince from the email.

For the most part I agree.

Luckily for them, the current head of their opposition is a senile man with the mind of a child who lives and dies by cable news coverage. But hopefully their days are numbered, as they’re dinosaurs.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Riley01
So let me see. I think Pelosi will lie and you think Trump will lie, but Im the 5 yr old and YOUR the adult in the room ...GOT IT.

Congrats! Keep working on your critical thinking skills, you almost did it!

O
Legend
Legend
O

That's really funny since they are schooling Trump and exposing his inept leadership daily now.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That's really funny since they are schooling Trump and exposing his inept leadership daily now.

And they got better ratings than the pres did

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

And they got better ratings than the pres did

Saw that, that's probably why Trump stomped out of their meeting today. He is getting pwned.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Also just saw tonight that the FDA is not conducting any food inspections.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Also just saw tonight that the FDA is not conducting any food inspections.

Don't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy! lmao

O
Legend
Legend
O
Chuck Schumer: Trump 'Walked Out' Of Meeting When We Wouldn't Agree To Wall | Velshi & Ruhle | MSNBC

Wow Trump, smh...

Legend
Legend
Protecting US citizens is the #1 priority of a president.

FDA is running out of money to inspect food.
TSA employees quitting.
US Border patrol not showing up for work.
Air traffic control with stressed out and unpaid employees at the helm.

What could possibly go wrong?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I didn't know hong kong was a country.......

.I know Jackie Chan’s nationality is officially listed as Hong Kong not China.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
President Dumbass says people need to adjust. Remember that in the coming weeks.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
President Dumbass says people need to adjust. Remember that in the coming weeks.

The Coast Guard suggested their rank and file hold garage sales to help pay their bills. They’ve since removed the suggestion from their list of ways to get through the shutdown.

trump had it easy. He just asked daddy for more money every time he got into financial straights...which was often. He’s completely disconnected from reality.

[Linked Image]
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

The Coast Guard suggested their rank and file hold garage sales to help pay their bills. They’ve since removed the suggestion from their list of ways to get through the shutdown.

trump had it easy. He just asked daddy for more money every time he got into financial straights...which was often. He’s completely disconnected from reality.

Yeah, something similar was sent out to government employees, suggesting that they offer to paint or fix up their places in lieu of rent.

Like what planet do these morons live on?

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I read that the Dotard said this morning that the fake news (the article stated NBC) was lying when they stated that he said during the campaign that he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall cause he never said that.

That is special

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I read that the Dotard said this morning that the fake news (the article stated NBC) was lying when they stated that he said during the campaign that he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall cause he never said that.

That is special

“I have one of the great memories of all time, OK?” (Trump, after a war widow said he forgot her husband’s name during a condolence call)

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
THANKS.....I think.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is Jim Acosta serious or not? He goes to a place where there is a wall/fence, claims no crisis. LOL WHAT

Legend
Legend

That is special

Trump claims 'obviously' Mexico isn't going to write a check for a border wall

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/trump-mexico-pay-wall/index.html

I dunno what’s worse, the spin job, or that his supporters will take this and spin right along with him.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We need a thread title change.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BpG
Is Jim Acosta serious or not? He goes to a place where there is a wall/fence, claims no crisis. LOL WHAT

I don't like the concept of a wall, personally, but I feel like Jim Acosta just helped Trump's agenda.

Tackles are tackles.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
jc

I have a question for a few specific posters, namely tasty, 40, and throw long:

When Trump back trackers like he currently is, changing his story about who pays for the wall...what are your thoughts? How can you defend that?

It's so hard for me to take President Trump seriously. I probably lean to the left, but even when Bush was around I never felt (despite how stupid some of the things that came out of his mouth were) that he was always just blatantly lying/bullying "facts" and everyone just goes with it? Like, I just don't get it.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
jc

When Trump back trackers like he currently is, changing his story about who pays for the wall...what are your thoughts? How can you defend that?

It's so hard for me to take President Trump seriously. I probably lean to the left, but even when Bush was around I never felt (despite how stupid some of the things that came out of his mouth were) that he was always just blatantly lying/bullying "facts" and everyone just goes with it? Like, I just don't get it.

I think for most of them, deep down they know that he’s a bumbling idiot, but they’re in it for the grievance politics. If his bumbling idiocy bothers the right people, that’s all that really matters.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who cares about the lies when you trigger the libs?

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Anyone else see him today whining and pouting that he “didn’t throw temper tantrums”?

One of the few bright spots in this disaster is watching that dunce fume because the press won’t report the image he sees of himself in his head.

Legend
Legend
Garbage, feces take toll on national parks amid shutdown

https://www.apnews.com/e28b313197bb46bebef0faca24b333ed

congrats, conservatives. Your GOP leadership literally turned us into a "shithole" country. ya know, our Presidents words.

Last edited by Swish; 01/10/19 03:40 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted By: PDF
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
jc

I think for most of them, deep down they know that he’s a bumbling idiot, but they’re in it for the grievance politics. If his bumbling idiocy bothers the right people, that’s all that really matters.

I mean, I tend to agree, and feel like most people are just blindly supporting things that he says. It happens on both sides, with OCD claiming he loves AOC (I tend to agree more with Ballpeen on this matter heh).

But on a serious note, and note just playing sides and being fully bipartisan, I'd like to know the rationale on how they can even defend something like this or defend some of the things this guy says.

It's obvious that some will just blindly support whoever they supported and not change opinion based on actions. I'm really just looking for how Trump is still supported after things like this, and how his actions are defended.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
P
Legend
Legend
P
This Muslim youth group is keeping national parks clean during the government shutdown

I think a better title would be........

Muslim Teens Clean Up Fascist Mess

But I digress.........

National parks are supposed to be beautiful. This group of Muslim teenagers is making sure they stay that way.

Federal workers who usually take care of national parks have been furloughed amid the ongoing government shutdown. That means no one is getting paid to empty overflowing trash cans, manage sewage disposal, or maintain trails, potentially threatening the health of people who visit the closed parks anyway, per National Geographic.

That's where the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association comes in. The group has dispatched dozens of its members, all Muslim males age 7 to 40, to clean up parks around the country, CNN says.

AMYA regularly cleans up communities as part of its service branch. So when it became clear there was no end to the government shutdown in sight, about 30 members started emptying trash cans around the National Mall and fishing trash out of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, reports The Washington Post. Dozens more gathered in Everglades National Park, outside Independence Hall, and at a handful of other parks to clean up this past weekend. "If there's an opportunity to serve, that is what Muslims do," said volunteer Sarmad Bhatti in describing the group's service ethos.

The National Parks Service has indicated it will dip into entrance fees to perform basic park services if the shutdown continues. Meanwhile, a group spokesperson said AMYA will keep looking for more parks to clean, and more volunteers to help do it. Kathryn Krawczyk
in the endgame now

https://theweek.com/speedreads/816205/mu...rnment-shutdown

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
The 'doomsday' scenario: Here's what happens if the shutdown drags on
Economists warn that a catastrophe is in the making if the partial government closure continues for weeks or months.

With government shutdown negotiations stalled, what's next?
JAN. 10, 201901:56
Jan. 10, 2019, 4:46 AM EST / Updated Jan. 10, 2019, 8:36 AM EST
By Dareh Gregorian
The country would face an economic hellscape if the government shutdown lasts "months or even years," as the president has suggested it might, experts tell NBC News.

The doomsday scenario might be unlikely — the longest the federal government has ever shut down is 21 days, a record that will fall if the current closure lasts until Saturday — but it is chilling.

"We'll be in no man's land," Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, told NBC News.

If the worst were to happen, experts say the devastating impact would be widespread:

38 million low-income Americans lose food stamps
6 million face an uncertain timetable for collecting tax refunds
2 million without rental assistance and facing possible eviction
800,000 paycheck-less federal employees plunged into dire financial straits
Shuttered parks and museums while overstressed airports cause tourism to tank
Federal court system slows to a crawl
Disaster relief money doesn't get to storm-ravaged areas
Lapsed FDA and EPA inspections lead to dangerous outbreaks
Private companies looking to go public are stuck in limbo
Stock market plummets
The end isn't near — yet. But if the standoff persists — talks blew up at the White House on Wednesday — and Congress and President Donald Trump can't reach a deal on raising the debt ceiling in a few months, "it's game over — you'll have a pretty severe recession," Zandi said, adding that given the trade war with China, and Brexit looming, "you could start seeing some pretty dark scenarios" worldwide.

WITHOUT FOOD, HOMES
By the end of February, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, run by the Department of Agriculture, would be out of funding — meaning almost 40 million low-income Americans could find themselves struggling to pay for food, said Joseph Brusuelas, chief economist for the accounting firm RSM US.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development, meanwhile, has already seen 1,150 contracts with private landlords housing low-income tenants lapse. Another 500 will expire by the end of this month, and another 550 by the end of February, the agency says.

Funding for rental assistance for millions of tenants could be at risk as soon as next month.

"The near-term impact is people getting evicted, having their heat turned off and not having enough food," Brusuelas said.

Trump talks shutdown on Capitol Hill as Republican resolve starts to waver
JAN. 9, 201901:38
Drawn out over time, that could amount to a sizable hit on the GDP. Loss of the SNAP benefits could mean $60 billion less in direct spending in a year, and indirect spending of another $48 billion, which could shave a full percentage point off the country's economic growth, he explained.

Others might find themselves with less money in their pockets.

The IRS has said it won't be able to pay tax refunds during the shutdown, although the Office of Management and Budget said on Monday that it would. Less than 10,000 workers — about 12 percent of IRS staff — are working during the shutdown.

The agency is coming up with a plan to call back more employees, but they'll face an avalanche of backed-up work — by Feb. 2 of last year, the agency had already received over 18 million returns and processed 6.1 million refunds.

"The people who are waiting on those refunds could face some real consequences," said Michael Pearce, senior U.S. economist at Capital Economics.

Millions of Americans continuing to not get paid amid government shutdown
JAN. 9, 201901:22
Then there are the 800,000 government employees who aren't getting paid during the shutdown — even though about half of them still have to work.

"Workers are going to to start walking out and find better paying jobs," Brusuelas said. If they don't, some will be in danger of not being able to pay their rents or mortgages and losing their homes — creating a drag on the economy.

TOURISM DEVASTATED
No-shows by airport workers — including TSA agents and air traffic controllers — would mean delays and canceled flights, hurting business dealings and tourism.

Image: A TSA agent checks identification at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Jan. 7A TSA agent checks identification at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Jan. 7.Erik S. Lesser / EPA
Tourism would also continue to fall at national parks, a third of which were closed when the shutdown went into effect. Others were kept open — but, without staffing, human waste has piled up in bathrooms and along popular trails.

Some parks are planning to stay open by tapping into collection fees that were meant to be used for future park projects. Raiding those funds is unsustainable and will hamper future development plans, said Emily Douce, director of budget and appropriations for the National Parks Conservation Association.

In the meantime, parks are losing the $400,000 in daily fees they typically collect — and neighboring communities aren't benefiting from the average $20 million a day that visitors spend there.

Image: The entrance gate to a campground is locked at Joshua Tree National ParkThe entrance gate to a campground is locked at Joshua Tree National Park in California.Mario Tama / Getty Images
PUBLIC IN DANGER
The Food and Drug Administration has already stopped most food inspections, raising the risk of salmonella, E. coli and listeria outbreaks.

"That puts our food supply at risk," said Sarah Sorscher, deputy director of regulatory affairs at the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a consumer advocacy group.

The Environmental Protection Agency, where only 700 of 13,000 employees are working during the shutdown, has scaled back inspections, with senior officials focusing only on properties where "the threat to human life or property is imminent."

Areas that have already been affected by hurricanes and storms are facing additional problems because of the shutdown, with emergency recovery funds reportedly tied up in bureaucratic red tape.

Furloughed worker: Whole families are feeling impact of shutdown
JAN. 9, 201902:49
It seems unimaginable, but if the impasse continues into October, more vital federal agencies would be forced to shut down, and new dangers would loom. Among the agencies that would turn their lights off is the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A more immediate worry: The federal court system will run out of money by Jan. 18, and will have to cut back operations.

STOCK SHOCK
The longer the shutdown goes on, the more likely it is to affect the stock market, experts said.

Analysts had been looking forward to a string of valuable multibillion companies that were expected to go public early this year. But now, as many as 40 initial public offerings are backlogged because the Securities and Exchange Commission doesn't have the staff to review them.

"The market was waiting for this huge avalanche of IPOs," said John Coffee Jr., director of the Center on Corporate Governance at Columbia Law School. "All of this stuff is on hold. The market is fluctuating wildly, and this is going to remove a stimulus."

Even with no end to the shutdown in sight, Brusuelas predicted that public outrage will lead to one soon enough.

"Workers are going to start walking out," he said. "People will take to the streets."

P
Legend
Legend
P
But this is what happens when you have a president who reacts by emotion alone. Who does not see things big picture. A president who does not use sound strategy. Who makes dumb statements and lies on a continual basis. Who uses his power to act as a divider, not a unifier.

It keeps the entire nation in flux. It adds to the constant division among our own people. It tears a nation apart and everyone pays for it.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Trump decides not to shut down the government

Link Copied to Clipboard