DawgTalkers.net
In reversal, White House shifts border wall funding demands, wants to avoid shutdown

Washington (CNN) White House press secretary Sarah Sanders suggested Tuesday that the White House has found an alternative way to get its requested $5 billion in funding for a US-Mexico border wall, marking a reversal from President Donald Trump's previous position.

Sanders added: "At the end of the day, we don't want to shut down the government, we want to shut down the border."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/...lion/index.html
Lolololol.

Talk tough to the media and on twitter, end up bowing down anyway.

So much for fighting the establishment. I miss a real leader like Obama and Bush.
Yep, so Congress can just send him the Bill and he will sign it.

Easy as pie.
According to reports, his own republican controlled congress has no idea what he’s even willing to sign.

A bit odd that a leader isn’t...leading.
Well the Bill has to come from Congress so there really isn't anything to lead.
Send it and he will sign it.

He has found other ways to fund the wall.

No need to shut down the government so send him the Bill.
Trumpshrooms...
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Yep, so Congress can just send him the Bill and he will sign it.

Easy as pie.

where have I heard that before? Let me think?
Well the Bill has to come from Congress so there really isn't anything to lead.
Send it and he will sign it.

No need to shut down the government so send him the Bill.

Yes,, I think he has,, probably from the Veterans Affairs.
"In our Country, so much money has been poured down the drain, for so many years, but when it comes to Border Security and the Military, the Democrats fight to the death.
We won on the Military, which is being completely rebuilt. One way or the other, we will win on the Wall!"

President of the United States of America
Donald J. Trump
So much lies.

Which is usual for Trump.
President Trump is not willing to allow the government to shut down. He wants a Bill to sign and move on.

So, as our President patiently awaits a Bill to sign, The Senate Republicans put forth their proposal which the Democrats killed.

There appears to be no agreement.

Now the Senate Republicans are working on a continuing resolution to keep the government open for 2 more weeks.

Our President waits. How hard can this be?
Lol, republicans control everything, yet still bowing down to the Dems.

"In our Country, so much money has been poured down the drain, for so many years, but when it comes to Border Security and the Military, the Democrats fight to the death.
We won on the Military, which is being completely rebuilt. One way or the other, we will win on the Wall!"

President of the United States of America
Donald J. Trump

You are doing exactly what your fearless leader does..

The Democrats are just as concerned about Border security as anyone.. the difference is that they want to solve the problem differently than Trumpians..

Trumps plans are old fashion. When I hear some numbskull say, Hey, China did it... WELL YEA.. Look at technology at that time.. They didn't have the tech we have today... so of course, that's what they did... That's all they had.

Then I read someone else comparing a fence around Former President Obama's Washington home with a 2000 mile WALL.

It's two different things. apples and oranges and that doesn't exactly speak to the cost difference. The Obamas don't live out on a Ranch like Reagan and Bush did where you can see trouble coming from a long way away.

You wanna talk about wasting money... Let's talk about Dog Whistle Issues created by Trump.. It cost Tax payers $75 Million to send 5000 troops to the Border and for what, a show for the Midterm Elections... No other reason... NONE. Border Patrol had the matter in hand.. And now the Troops are away from home for the holidays...

How about Golf,, Trump has gone golfing at HIS clubs and it's cost the taxpayers $62 Million dollars more than 8 years of the Obama Admins ($92 million over 8 years...)

What I never hear any one have the nuts to say is that that money they spend at his clubs, GOES TO TRUMP. When the Secret Service uses a golf cart to follow the president, it pays the Club which is owned by Donnie..

How freaking blind can people be....

Let's not even get into the Tax Cuts from Hell that only work for the top 2% or so and Corporations.. Or how that was supposed to stimulate the economy by having employers hire more and raise wages... Wages are up a tick, that's true,,, but look at those companies that are closing plants and the ones that are sending jobs Mexico,,, yeah, the country that was supposed to pay for the wall in the first place.

How about the Deficit? Wanna talk about that for a moment.. What about the National Debt... Wanna talk about that for a moment. Wasn't it Trump that said he could fix those items with the Snap of his fingers...

No, I don't suppose you do..
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

How about the Deficit? Wanna talk about that for a moment.. What about the National Debt... Wanna talk about that for a moment.

I will discuss it with you for as long as you were willing to discuss Obama running up our National Debt by $10 Trillion.

Times up. Next!
Daman was also upset about the federal spending under Obama.

He’s been consistent on that. Stop dodging.

No, no he hasn't. Someone will have to explain to him about misappropriation of funds. You can't just move around funds from one thing to spend it on something else. Maybe Mexico will pay for it. Is that what you mean?

You'll figure that out later on too. Once you figure out you just can't believe the BS he spews, you'll be better off.

You know, like the new trade deal he made with China that wasn't a deal? You know, how N. Korea was going to denuclearize and we're safer now but we aren't and they didn't? Those kind of things.
Lolololololol

2 years the GOP has complete control. And couldn’t get a wall built.
Yes, disappointing but the joke is on all Americans as our borders remain unsecured.
2 Years and the GOP couldnt think up a better healthcare plan than Obamacare.
2 years and we didn’t get an infrastructure bill.
They swept into the House with the election of President Trump.

2 years of complete control of the House and not one bill came from them to build the wall.
Now they are calling Trump gutless and want him to shut down the government over Christmas.

Then they wonder why they lost the house. saywhat

Failed.
Hey 40, whatever happened to that 2nd wave of tax cuts for the middle class?
Y'all cried bitter tears over the tax cut and now you wonder where the second one is? Pfft.
Oh, I’m not worried about it. I’m worried about you cause you was hyping it up. Obama made me happy, so I dunno what’s it’s like to feel disappointment by a president you said was gonna MAGA.

Just trying to be a shoulder to cry on lmfaoooo

2 years of complete control of the House and not one bill came from them to build the wall.
Now they are calling Trump gutless and want him to shut down the government over Christmas.

Failed.

And now a mellow President Trump, after embarrassing the Republican House by saying he doesn't want to shut the government down and shows everyone the wall can't be built by him alone, has started to hint he will Veto this Bill.

Will the Republican House now push through a Bill adding money for the wall at the last possible minute?

Stay Tuned!

Failed.

And now a mellow President Trump, after embarrassing the Republican House by saying he doesn't want to shut the government down and shows everyone the wall can't be built by him alone, has started to hint he will Veto this Bill.

Will the Republican House now push through a Bill adding money for the wall at the last possible minute?

Stay Tuned!

It won't pass the Senate... Dems don't care about the damn wall.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Failed.

Stay Tuned!

Well then I guess the shutdown will be on the Democrats after all. thumbsup

Failed.

Stay Tuned!

First, who cares. Seconds, not if Trump lets it happen over the wall funding; he already accepted responsibility for a shut down in his meeting with Pelosi and Schumer. Nice try though... Your Potus changes his mind more often than a woman trying to decide what to wear.
yep, trump already said he wants full responsibility for the shut down.

well, looks like he's gonna get his wish.

Failed.

Stay Tuned!

First, who cares. Seconds, not if Trump lets it happen over the wall funding; he already accepted responsibility for a shut down in his meeting with Pelosi and Schumer. Nice try though... Your Potus changes his mind more often than a woman trying to decide what to wear.

Sorry but if the House passes a Bill with Wall funding and Senate Democrats shoot it down, there will be no Bill for Trump to sign. Government shuts down.

Shutdown, Democrats. tsktsk
So...?
SO?

So another Schumer Shutdown! Who da thunk it? tsktsk
even other republicans are blaming republicans for why there will be a shut down.

lol, but doesnt stop you from trying. go down with the ship if you want.
So let's get this straight. You were applauding Trump because he said he would shut down the government over the wall. Then you applauded Trup because he said he wouldn't shut down the government over the wall. Now you're applauding trump because there's a chance he may once again decide to shut down the government over the wall.

Let's hope everyone lets that sink in for a minute.

rofl

Shutdown, Democrats. tsktsk

Then your claim is that when Individual one said he was taking full responsibility for a shut down you're claiming he's a liar. It's about time you woke up.
J\C
I love how phony SCHUMER is now all of a sudden he is worried about the shut down at Christmas, like he and the other chistian haters REALLY GAF pffft
Somebody has to care about those 400,000 working people that will be without a paycheck. It doesn't seem like Individual 1 is.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So let's get this straight. You were applauding Trump because he said he would shut down the government over the wall. Then you applauded Trup because he said he wouldn't shut down the government over the wall. Now you're applauding trump because there's a chance he may once again decide to shut down the government over the wall.

rofl

I thought it might go over your head.

If you paid attention you would have seen how I figured out ahead of time what he was up to.

I will explain it to you...

He started with threatening a shutdown and was proud to do it.

Next he was mellow and showed the House he could not get the wall by himself. That played out and the criticism of the House Republicans grew in the ranks. The House was embarrassed.

(Next I posted how Trump was hinting he would not sign)
Then Trump pounced. Will the House go out with a whimper or would they fight? The House is scrambling right now to get some kind of wall funding worked into the Bill.

-If they are successful and it passes the House but Schumer's Senators kill it, it becomes Schumer's shutdown.

-If they are successful and it passes the Senate, Trump gets his wall money.

-If nothing happens, Trump will have a Bill on his desk that he will either sign or not.(which is where we were from the start)
It sounds like you have just given the perfect example of someone who is a psychotic con man and I tend to agree.
40 elected a WWE wrestler for president.
It sounds like you have just given the perfect example of someone who is a psychotic con man and I tend to agree.

To you, I am sure.
But to the rest of America he is standing strong and trying to negotiate from a position of strength (Veto Power) to get what is best for our Nation'security. thumbsup
The rest of America? In case you missed it, he got over 3 million less votes than Hillary. And she sucked! That's hardly the rest of America.
The rest of America? In case you missed it, he got over 3 million less votes than Hillary. And she sucked! That's hardly the rest of America.

And still she lost! rofl

You Can't Stump The Trump!
Not sure if it's been discussed here, and I haven't checked in the last hour, but an hour ago, he wasn't signing anything.. we're heading for a Shutdown... And TRUMP shutdown
And yet your claim of "the rest of America" was proven to be a lie. You are learning from Individual 1. When caught in a lie deflect and change the subject. He does it so much it's about time you caught on. The rest of us did long ago.
Not sure if it's been discussed here, and I haven't checked in the last hour, but an hour ago, he wasn't signing anything.. we're heading for a Shutdown... And TRUMP shutdown

Pay attention now...

The President can't sign or veto what isn't on his desk.

Lets go Congress, give the President a Bill to look at!

Pay attention now...

The President can't sign or veto what isn't on his desk.

Lets go Congress, give the President a Bill to look at!

President Trump told House Republican leaders Thursday he will not sign a Senate-passed spending package that does not include sought-after border security funds, upending negotiations to avert a government shutdown by the end of the week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-h...border-security
And that is why the House is scrambling to add wall funds to the Bill. thumbsup
House Republicans' push to add $5 billion for President Trump's long-promised border wall to a bill that would fund most of the federal government through early February -- and prevent a partial government shutdown this week -- cleared a key procedural hurdle Thursday night.

The House voted 221-179, along party lines, to advance a "rule" allowing the measure to come to the floor for a final vote. It came hours after the president House GOP leaders that he would not enact a Senate-passed package that does not provide money for the barrier.

Trump's statement increased the chances that parts of the federal government would cease operations at midnight Friday, since it is highly unlikely that a bill that funds the border wall would pass in the Senate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-bill-to-fund-government-with-5b-for-border-wall

rofl

I thought it might go over your head.If you paid attention you would have seen how I figured out ahead of time what he was up to.

He started with threatening a shutdown and was proud to do it.

Next he was mellow and showed the House he could not get the wall by himself. That played out and the criticism of the House Republicans grew in the ranks. The House was embarrassed.

(Next I posted how Trump was hinting he would not sign)
Then Trump pounced. Will the House go out with a whimper or would they fight? The House is scrambling right now to get some kind of wall funding worked into the Bill.

-If they are successful and it passes the House but Schumer's Senators kill it, it becomes Schumer's shutdown.

-If they are successful and it passes the Senate, Trump gets his wall money.

-If nothing happens, Trump will have a Bill on his desk that he will either sign or not.(which is where we were from the start)

And there you have it! The House approves $5 billion for the wall!
Congrats to the House Republicans for getting it done and putting Americans first over politics! thumbsup

Can't Stump The Trump!

Now Schumer and his Democrat Senators will shut the Country down!
This truly is a triumph for the American people, national security. I am proud that at least some in congress care more about the country than politics unlike the democrats. They said, "Oh sure, oh sure, we have a bill and let's pass it." Democrats, the problem with your bill is that it doesn't fix a damn thing in relation to illegal immigration or reform. Hell, we can pass a bill just to pass it but what would the purpose be then?

People who oppose the wall are in direct opposition to national security. Do they not care about the security of the nation? I just don't get it.
One last swing and a miss by the Cons to build a wall. Look at how incompetent all these haters of America are. Control of the house for two years and absolutely nothing to show for it. What failures. No wonder why America is kicking them to the curb.
You have zero clue. I could list all of their accomplishments and it would be long. Now they approved wall money.

But it would fall upon deaf ears with you on the Left.
You have zero clue. I could list all of their accomplishments and it would be long. Now they approved wall money.

But it would fall upon deaf ears with you on the Left.

How can you see when you're so blinded by politics. Cons are such failures they couldn't repeal Obamacare in 8 years rofl

America said "You Cons hate America. You're fired!" and then voted them all out.
I really really really need to make this my signature.

"Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that CHS hates and despises this country."
Not going to get 60 in the senate.
Time to go golfing
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I really really really need to make this my signature.

"Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that CHS hates and despises this country."

Gotta give credit to anarchy2day the original hater of America. I see you also hate America and its children as well.
Yes, I am going to do it now, this confirms it.
Yes, I am going to do it now, this confirms it.

Just remember, I'm living in your head rent free. I don't need another lawsuit from a land lord.

very excellent question, AOC.

the same people who stated we dont have money to spend, are now finding money to spend, and the conservative base just magically forgot what they complained about.
What blows my mind is that we are going to use this money not on education or other worthy endeavors, but we want to use it on something that won't even work.
I never forget what I complain about because I complain like every 5 minutes. rofl

Border security is actually way way more important than all of the things she just listed. You want to know why? If we don't have border security than we don't even have a country to begin with.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
What blows my mind is that we are going to use this money not on education or other worthy endeavors, but we want to use it on something that won't even work.

Can you explain why it wouldn't work?
We have border security. And you can increase security without a wall that won’t work.
That doesn't explain why the wall wouldn't work, just saying. If you build the wall, long term, that would possibly require less man power resources. Personally I think it would save money in the long run. I'd make it 50ft or more high.
That doesn't explain why the wall wouldn't work, just saying. If you build the wall, long term, that would possibly require less man power resources. Personally I think it would save money in the long run. I'd make it 50ft or more high.

How much of a dent in illegal immigration will a wall cut into? You can give a percentage if you would like. If a wall makes a secure border, then why have you not advocated for one on the northern border?
We’ve already had this discussion of why it won’t work a thousand times. Nobodies mind is gonna be changed.

I just don’t want to hear a word from conservatives about wasteful government spending. It’s obviously false.
Have you ever looked at a map of the United States. How long will it take to build the wall? How much will it ultimately cost? How will it circumvent the Rio Grande? What about the rough terrain Texas? What of the tribal lands? Will they cooperate? Will the wall magically be built in a short period of time? What about the balloon affect, where you secure one area, and the traffic goes to another? What about the vast amount of water passages that are prevalent in the SW United States?

Get real.
We don't need a wall, who wants to come here under Trump. And Trump knows damn well this isn't getting passed in the Senate. BUT he needed a distraction from the headline of him giving the Syria to Putin and Iran.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Have you ever looked at a map of the United States. How long will it take to build the wall?

Well, the air force is closing the chapel at the academy for 4 years for a restoration project. To build a wall...I doubt it'll be built in our lifetime.
Last day on the job so Paul Ryan specified the materials:

I hope they build the wall high enough to hide the Trumpian's pointy white hoods.
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Time to go golfing

Nancy Pelosi said Trump didn't have the votes in the House to pass this Bill. rofl

rofl

rofl

WRONG!
Time to go golfing

Nancy Pelosi said Trump didn't have the votes in the House to pass this Bill. rofl

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

I believe she was talking about after January 1st...

The topic you posted was that Trump decides NOT to shut down the Government.

He still needs 60 votes in the Senate.. He's not going to get that..

he agreed earlier in the week to pass a CR to keep the Government working, then after being beat on by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others of that type, he did what he always does, Lies.....
They're going to try and use Harry Reid's nuclear option to straight away pass the bill and sign it because god knows, the democrats don't want any border security. Nothing will get done under Nancy Pelosi. She is the spokesperson for term limits.
Time to go golfing

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

he agreed earlier in the week to pass a CR to keep the Government working, then after being beat on by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others of that type, he did what he always does, Lies.....

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told President Trump during a televised meeting at the White House last week that he did not have enough support in the House for border funding.

"If I needed the votes for the wall in the House, I would have them in one session — we'd be done," Trump said.

"Well, then do it. Do it," Pelosi said.

On Thursday night, a bill to fund the government that included $5.7 billion for border security measures passed the lower chamber 217-185.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...er-wall-funding

Nancy = Wrong! rofl
Trump = Unstumped! thumbsup
They're going to try and use Harry Reid's nuclear option to straight away pass the bill and sign it because god knows, the democrats don't want any border security. Nothing will get done under Nancy Pelosi. She is the spokesperson for term limits.

Except Mitch can't do that this time. wink Short and curlies.

Except Mitch can't do that this time. wink Short and curlies.

the majority of the country is gonna blame Trump for the shutdown, if it happens, just like he wanted all of us to point the finger at.

now all of a sudden he wants to blame the dems. meanwhile, word is that even more defense department officials want to resign since mattis bounced, the stock markets are tanking, economic growth is slowing, inflation/cost of living is rising, and we might leave yet another void in the middle east.

other than that, we're all good!
Don't forget Mueller is coming.
Time to go golfing

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told President Trump during a televised meeting at the White House last week that he did not have enough support in the House for border funding.

"If I needed the votes for the wall in the House, I would have them in one session — we'd be done," Trump said.

On Thursday night, a bill to fund the government that included $5.7 billion for border security measures passed the lower chamber 217-185.

Nancy = Wrong! rofl

Pence breaks tie in Senate to advance spending bill, as shutdown clock ticks

After keeping the vote open for five hours to secure enough support, the Senate finally advanced a House-approved spending bill with $5.7 billion for a border wall with Vice President Mike Pence breaking a tie. That procedural hurdle paves the way for a final vote in the Senate.

If Congress doesn’t pass a spending bill by midnight, a partial government shutdown will be triggered.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence-b...own-clock-ticks

Keep it rolling Republicans!
Nothing can stop us now from making our southern border safe except the Democrats!

We know the Democrats care about America and her Citizens and want border security so this vote should be smooooth sailing! thumbsup
Don't forget Mueller is coming.

rofl rofl rofl
And Trump shuts the government down thumbsup
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
And Trump shuts the government down thumbsup

yep, this is a Trump shutdown. good job Trump. government shutdown, trade wars, under federal investigation, stock market tanking, global economic growth slowdown, leaving voids in the middle east.

but i guess trump is good at shutdowns.

government shutdowns
casino shutdowns
foundation shutdowns
Trump shutdown? rofl

Congress never put a Bill on his desk to sign!

Thanks for nothing Schumer and the Democrats! tsktsk
Trump shutdown? rofl

They're not in charge yet thumbsup
full control of the government, yet still blaming others for your problems.

how conservative.
Originally Posted By: Swish

how conservative.

Conservatives don't believe in personal responsibilities, just the responsibilities of others.
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

how conservative.

Conservatives don't believe in personal responsibilities, just the responsibilities of others.

i've noticed that. the buck never seems to stop with them.

how conservative.

Need 60 votes in the Senate, which means we need 10 Democrats who care about our citizens. We can not find even one. tsktsk
you didn't have 50 votes on the republican side.

again, full control. nobody wants to hear it. the majority will lay the blame on the guy in charge, who also stated he wanted responsibility for the shutdown: Trump.
you didn't have 50 votes on the republican side.

again, full control. nobody wants to hear it.

They are supposed to blindly vote along party lines? saywhat
That’s what trump and 40 want republicans to do.
They may not have had 50, let alone 60.

At this point, if Trump isn't going to move on the wall and start talking about a complete immigration strategy, close up shop until the first week of January when the dems take over the house
LOL..Who cares. The lazy gop controlled gov’t has been shut down since 2012. Nothing new. Moving on.
Time to go golfing

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

Nancy = Wrong! rofl

And in that same meeting Trump said he'd take all the blame for a shut down, the third since he took office.,.. What's he do,, LIES again and blames the Democrats.,.,'

Let's face it 40, you've put your faith in a lying sack of Do Do.
Well, at the end of the day we've got to do something to secure the border. I know the democrats straight up don't want security and have no plans to control illegal immigration, but it has to get done. Glad the government is shut down. Don't pass something for the sake of passing it if it doesn't secure the damn border.

If the democrats don't want to come to the table, leave it shut down. Coming from a state that has sanctuary city laws, I question how truly serious democrats are with border security in the first place. I am not convinced they actually want it at all. Nothing they've done has shown me any different.
Time to go golfing

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

Nancy = Wrong! rofl

And in that same meeting Trump said he'd take all the blame for a shut down, the third since he took office.,.. What's he do,, LIES again and blames the Democrats.,.,'

Let's face it 40, you've put your faith in a lying sack of Do Do.

If I were to face the facts I would have to say you were WRONG in your original post, changed the subject, and are WRONG once again.
If we don't get a pledge for proper border security in a bill then by all means the government should be shut down.
It is hilarious that Trump started with nothing on this Bill except a threat to shut it down. Next, with no support in the House and Nancy laughing at him, he becomes Mr.Mellow, will sign anything.

Then he shifts into Chaos Mode and everyone stepped it up, getting him what he wanted from the House.

Now it is the Democrats looking bad and everyone is laughing at Nancy for being so wrong about Trump not having the votes in the House.

All the while the Senate is here on the weekend trying desperately to finish this and get home.

Trump is back to Mr.Mellow, with nothing on his desk to sign.

I have a feeling he is going to get something for the wall out of this. thumbsup

Once again, You Can't Stump The Trump!
Umm...trump just got stumped. We’re in a government shutdown, and the markets have been tanking consistently, and will continue to do so next week.

Trump owns the shutdown. It’s whats funny is that he owns a shutdown over a wall the majority of the country doesn’t support.

Sad.
They are here, working behind the scenes to get something on the President's desk to sign.
Wonder how long this trump shutdown is gonna last?

Better hope it doesn’t go to Jan 3rd.
It is hilarious that Trump started with nothing on this Bill except a threat to shut it down. Next, with no support in the House and Nancy laughing at him, he becomes Mr.Mellow, will sign anything.

Then he shifts into Chaos Mode and everyone stepped it up, getting him what he wanted from the House.

Now it is the Democrats looking bad and everyone is laughing at Nancy for being so wrong about Trump not having the votes in the House.

All the while the Senate is here on the weekend trying desperately to finish this and get home.

Trump is back to Mr.Mellow, with nothing on his desk to sign.

I have a feeling he is going to get something for the wall out of this. thumbsup

Once again, You Can't Stump The Trump!

Exactly, the democrats never learn. They just wanted to pass some random bill to keep things going that actually didn't have any proper funding for the wall or border security.
And now the crying Mob was successful in shutting down my thread just like the Democrats shut down our government.
Merry Christmas.
This is for you:

Wonder how long this trump shutdown is gonna last?

My GUESS is probably about as long as most of the gov't. shutdowns lasted. R in office or D in office, gov't. shutdowns are just, mainly, 'for show'.

I was surprised how many shutdowns Carter, and Reagan had.
And now the crying Mob was successful in shutting down my thread just like the Democrats shut down our government.
thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Merry Christmas.
This is for you:

I heard they're installing tiny violins on the top of the wall to drown out the Cons' crying for Donny.
This is exactly the kind of person the wall is trying to keep out. Crying Chuck and the Dems should be ashamed that they want to open our border up and allow MS 13 gang members in to commit their crimes in our country. Thank you Mr. Trump for attempting to keep criminals out.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/an-ms-13-gang...southern-border

That's unfair. The mods saw you wanted a wall around your posts and decided to give you one that can't be unlocked thumbsup

Build the Wall! Build the Wall! Build the wall!

Reasoning drowns out radicalism for the win yet again.
Remember when these guys used to pretend like Trump was some kind of skilled tactician/negotiator, and not a confused elderly man who yells at the TV all day?
Well, at the end of the day we've got to do something to secure the border. I know the democrats straight up don't want security and have no plans to control illegal immigration, but it has to get done. Glad the government is shut down. Don't pass something for the sake of passing it if it doesn't secure the damn border.

If the democrats don't want to come to the table, leave it shut down. Coming from a state that has sanctuary city laws, I question how truly serious democrats are with border security in the first place. I am not convinced they actually want it at all. Nothing they've done has shown me any different.

That is untrue.. Democrats want Border Security as much as any one.

The difference is in how to achieve that security.

Trump wants a wall so he can say, see, I kept my promise!

But Mexico will not pay for the wall so he's pushing us to pay for the wall.

We didn't have 3.4 Billion for healthcare but suddenly he thinks we have it for a wall that won't do a damn thing.

We don't have the Money to fix the Water System in Michigan, but we can build a wall that won't do a damn thing.

What about taking care of Veterans like he promised?

What about our crumbling roads and bridges he said he'd fix?

It's idiotic to look at the wall as a way to stop drugs from coming in.

Drug dealers have a number of ways to get them into the US..None of which will be stopped by a wall.Immigration can be slowed by a wall, but never stopped.

Did you know that drug dealers have submersibles? They can bring immigrants in that was as well.

Did you know that drug dealers have cannons that can fire a 100LB bale of Drugs over a wall and can shoot them hundreds of yards past the wall?

Did you know that there are 100's of miles of an intricate system of tunnels under the border? They can get immigrants in that way as well as drugs

Did you know that Drug Dealers FLY drugs in to the USA?

There are more but I'll let you figure it out.

It's almost simple minded to think that a wall will do a lot of good. Some good, sure,, no question, but if you think this is the end all be all, you'd be wrong.

We have at our disposal the technology to stop so much of this problem.

Shutting down the government hurts thousands of AMERICAN FAMILIES and of all times, the Holidays...

We have a MORON as president. He tells people that the Democrats don't want to come to the table... Hell, they never left the table. There was a deal made then the fool on the hill gets beat up by third rate broadcasters and decides, nope, not gonna sign it.

When is Mexico going to pay for the wall? if they would, I'd not care at all, that's fine, it won't work, but that's fine.... I don't want to pay for a wall or anything else that is moronic at best.
Trump shutdown? rofl

how conservative.

Need 60 votes in the Senate, which means we need 10 Democrats who care about our citizens. We can not find even one. tsktsk

That's untrue. Individual 1 is now for a steel slat fence.

The GOP can't keep up with how often Individual 1 changes his story and backs him no matter how often he changes it.

Remember? This started out as a 30' high wall that Mexico was going to pay for.

Now it's a steel slat fence that American tax payers are going to pay for. And what are his followers saying?

This is what we voted for!

BS! This is entirely different than what you voted for.
Did you guys see the other day that Trump tweeted out a picture of himself at his desk with the caption “Some of the many bills I am signing in the Oval Office right now”?

Obviously, there were no bills to be signed, because Congress isn’t in session, and the picture was of him sitting in front of a blank piece of paper.

That’s what IG models do.

Trump’s done it his whole life.

Every year, he used to set up giant stacks of blank paper for a photo-op where he claimed it was his tax return.

When he won the election, he called a press conference to announce that he had a “business plan” for the country, and once again set up giant stacks of blank paper as a prop, claiming that they were “documents detailing his business plan”.

Much like he spent the 80’s and 90’s pretending he was a “businessman” while he spent all day calling tabloids and pretending to be “John Barron”, he now does the same photo-ops pretending he’s working hard at his job while he spends all day yelling at the TV and crying on Twitter about people being mean to him.

The ignorant laziness is breathtaking.
And you can hear the crickets chirping......
Originally Posted By: PDF

Trump’s done it his whole life.

Every year, he used to set up giant stacks of blank paper for a photo-op where he claimed it was his tax return.

When he won the election, he called a press conference to announce that he had a “business plan” for the country, and once again set up giant stacks of blank paper as a prop, claiming that they were “documents detailing his business plan”.

Much like he spent the 80’s and 90’s pretending he was a “businessman” while he spent all day calling tabloids and pretending to be “John Barron”, he now does the same photo-ops pretending he’s working hard at his job while he spends all day yelling at the TV and crying on Twitter about people being mean to him.

The ignorant laziness is breathtaking.

Here’s another one where he set up giant stacks of blank paper for a press conference where he claimed that they were “regulations from 1960 to the present” that he was about to eliminate by signing bills sent to him by Congress.

(This of course, was completely made up. There was no such bills, and Congress was in recess)
It must be a full time job making excuses for all of his lies.
It must be a full time job making excuses for all of his lies.

The weirdest thing is that with all of the effort he puts into pretending and making it look like he’s doing his job, it would probably be easier to actually just do his job.

It’s not the 80’s or 90’s anymore where he was forced to sign over decision making rights for his companies but felt compelled to pretend he was in charge to save face. He’s *actually* the president now.

But he’s so lazy that he’d rather yell at the TV and make a big show of pretending to do his job than actually taking he time to learn how to do his job.
When you refuse to listen to anybody that actually knows anything, that will happen.
Here’s another good one-

Back when Trump was campaigning for the GOP nomination, everyone was making fun of him for his failed winery, his failed bottled water company and that failed venture where he tried to sell meat at Sharper Image stores.

This sent Trump into a hissy fit, so he had his aides buy a bunch of water, wine and meat, take off the labels, affix Trump labels, and held a press conference where he rambled incoherently about how the media was lying, and that all these businesses hadn’t failed and were “doing incredibly well”.

I can't find a link in your post.
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I can't find a link in your post.

Which one in particular would you like a link for?

The time this week when he pretended to be signing non-existent bills?

The time when he set up a stack of blank papers that he pretended was his “business plan”?

The time when he set up a stack of blank papers to pretend he was signing a regulation bill that didn’t exist?

Or the time when he pretended that failed ventures that had gone out of business a decade ago were doing “incredibly well”?

Or the time when he pretended that failed ventures that had gone out of business a decade ago were doing “incredibly well”?

This one.

This one.

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/09/469775355/trump-doesnt-own-most-of-the-products-he-pitched-last-night

Quote:
"Do we have steaks? We have Trump steaks," Trump boasted. "If you want to take one, we'll charge you about, what, 50 bucks a steak?"

Trump did have an eponymous steak line, sold via Sharper Image. The company's website notes, however:
"Unfortunately, Trump Steaks are no longer available, but their legacy endures."

A search for "Trump" on QVC's website finds various Melania Trump jewelry products, a line of Trump mattresses and one entry for Trump Steaks. But they're not actual steaks; they're "Certified Angus Beef Steakburgers" and QVC notes, "We're sorry, this item is not available at this time."

A reporter present at Trump's press conference notes that the steaks on the table were not actually a Trump brand, but appear, ironically, to have come from a company named "Bush Brothers."

Quote:
There were also pallets of Trump Water on stage. On Trump's website, the water is touted as "one of the purest natural spring waters bottled in the world."

"I mean, we sell water, and we have water, and it's a very successful," Trump said, "you know, it's a private little water company, and I supply the water for all my places, and it's good."

So does Trump own the natural springs or bottle the water himself? According to reporters at the event who looked the label, probably not.

According to the label, Trump Water is actually bottled by this company http://www.villagespringswater.com

Quote:
The table was stacked with bottles of Trump Wine, and Trump declared of the winery, "I own it 100 percent, no mortgage, no debt."

The winery's website says something different: "Trump Winery is a registered trade name of Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing LLC, which is not owned, managed or affiliated with Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their affiliates."

Like I said, much like he spent most of his life pretending to be a successful businessman, he now spends almost all of his time pretending to be doing his job as president.
And perhaps the saddest instance of Trump holding press conferences using fake props-

After the first GOP debate, Trump was rattled and utterly terrified by Megyn Kelly ( rofl), so he threw a temper-tantrum, and said he wouldn’t attend the next debate unless Kelly wasn’t there. When FOX wouldn’t meet his demand, Trump declared he would skip the event, and would hold an event of his own at the same time, with all proceeds going to veterans charities.

So he raised $5.6 million, and started going around Iowa and New Hampshire during the caucuses, handing out big novelty checks written out to various military veterans charities.

The only problem was that he never actually gave them any money. They would do the press conferences with the big novelty checks, and Trump would promise that the real checks were on the way.

Only he never sent them. He pocketed all of the funds. Eight months later, several of the groups contacted the Washington Post and reported that they’d never received any funds. David Farenhold did some digging and figured out that Trump had kept the money, which led to the investigation that resulted in the Trump Foundation being forcibly dissolved.
Lol, this is a real tweet:

Lol, this is a real tweet:

Looks like Grandpa skipped his meds this morning.
Me and Donald Trump shared the same new years message, thanking our haters
If only there were jelly beans for tweets
And perhaps the saddest instance of Trump holding press conferences using fake props-

After the first GOP debate, Trump was rattled and utterly terrified by Megyn Kelly ( rofl), so he threw a temper-tantrum, and said he wouldn’t attend the next debate unless Kelly wasn’t there. When FOX wouldn’t meet his demand, Trump declared he would skip the event, and would hold an event of his own at the same time, with all proceeds going to veterans charities.

So he raised $5.6 million, and started going around Iowa and New Hampshire during the caucuses, handing out big novelty checks written out to various military veterans charities.

The only problem was that he never actually gave them any money. They would do the press conferences with the big novelty checks, and Trump would promise that the real checks were on the way.

Only he never sent them. He pocketed all of the funds. Eight months later, several of the groups contacted the Washington Post and reported that they’d never received any funds. David Farenhold did some digging and figured out that Trump had kept the money, which led to the investigation that resulted in the Trump Foundation being forcibly dissolved.

The only question I have - why isn't this bigger news? Why isn't everyone, regardless of political persuasion up in arms demanding an answer? smh
Originally Posted By: mgh888

The only question I have - why isn't this bigger news? Why isn't everyone, regardless of political persuasion up in arms demanding an answer? smh

Farenhold won a Pulitzer for it. Trump’s core base is a bunch of racist rubes who would support him if he did indeed shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. And the rest of his consitituency is along for the tax breaks and judges.

Dude has been non stop. I can’t wait for the tweet storm thats coming since Romney just roasted his ass in an op-Ed.
The difference between Trump and Romney is that Romney is actually a Republican.

Lmfao
shutdown could threaten food stamps and no tax refunds until shutdown over. There is expected to be about 140 billion dollars in tax refunds delayed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...m=.14035eae9102
Donald Trump looking like a dummy..

Interrupted my soap to talk about the shutdown, and all that happened is he talked about the dumbass wall.

Come on man. I have fam affected by this shutdown. It needs to stop already.
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Interrupted my soap to talk about the shutdown, and all that happened is he talked about the dumbass wall.

trump and his deplorable sheep in congress don’t give a flying igloo about you and your fam.
shutdown could threaten food stamps and no tax refunds until shutdown over. There is expected to be about 140 billion dollars in tax refunds delayed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...m=.14035eae9102

Yep, trump is willing to starve US citizens to build his useless wall.
Trump doesn't care about working people, never has, never will...

He only cares that the right wing media is not taking shots at him.
Just wait until people aren't getting their tax refunds. lmao

Talk about a crap fest!!! Maybe someone can let him know what a crap strom that will be when it happens.

Soon those at TSA will have to get different jobs. They don't make very much money. When it comes to getting evicted and having a home, they won't have any choice.

Who will check foreigners and safeguard our airports? You know, where actual terrorist threats come from. How will they sell that idea to the American people?

Surely not like this.... " Well we've actually been lying about how much of a terrorist threat that comes from our southern border. That mainly comes from Canada, where we aren't building a wall and through foreign flights from overseas where our TSA agents are now leaving because they're not getting paid."

Yeah, that's gonna go over well.
Just wait until people aren't getting their tax refunds. lmao

Talk about a crap fest!!! Maybe someone can let him know what a crap strom that will be when it happens.

Soon those at TSA will have to get different jobs. They don't make very much money. When it comes to getting evicted and having a home, they won't have any choice.

Who will check foreigners and safeguard our airports? You know, where actual terrorist threats come from. How will they sell that idea to the American people?

Surely not like this.... " Well we've actually been lying about how much of a terrorist threat that comes from our southern border. That mainly comes from Canada, where we aren't building a wall and through foreign flights from overseas where our TSA agents are now leaving because they're not getting paid."

Yeah, that's gonna go over well.

I think the TSA airport agents are mandatory for airlines to operate... we could see flights being cancelled en masse as soon as next week.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

trump and his deplorable sheep in congress don’t give a flying igloo about you and your fam.

points for flying igloo
Oh i hope so ! Gotta go to France\ Russia in a couple of weeks and wouldnt mind a cancellation .
I think everyone should look at this thread for some levity. What did he think was going to happen? lol

Took BPG off of ignore for one second and I thought I was reading a Vambo post.
When is the wall going to get built?

BUILD THE WALL!

BUILD THE WALL!

The president needs to direct the Army Corps of Engineers to design and build right now. Per the power of the executive branch he can do this immediately if he wishes. Screw the democrats who don't want to protect the United States. Get it done, start building tomorrow. We don't have to wait.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I'd venture to say wanting to protect the border actually means he wants to keep us safe. This is the opposite of what I've seen from the democrats.

Can you explain the theories behind sanctuary cities? I'll wait.
This shutdown shows that neither side cares about the american people. All they are after is a political victory. The voters need to remind the politicians who they serve and drain the swamp ourselves.
j/c

Never thought I'd need to explain how the government works to Don Lemon but here we are.

I'm fairly new to the politics, has this ever been done before? Has an opposing party ever demanded equal airtime for a presidential speech?

I love 40 ascribing a detailed strategy to a senile man who spends his day yelling at the TV.
Originally Posted By: BpG
I'm fairly new to the politics, has this ever been done before? Has an opposing party ever demanded equal airtime for a presidential speech?

Yeah, it’s happened, but it’s somewhat rare, as presidents don’t historically give speeches because they’re fussy and in need of attention.
Shutdowns have consequences. Trade wars have consequences. Trump supporters are about to realize these two things the hard way.

Tonight's speech brought to you by full on panic mode! Trump is losing.
House GOP leaders fear support eroding for Trump’s shutdown fight

A growing number of Republican lawmakers could vote for Democratic measures to reopen the federal government.

By JOHN BRESNAHAN and SARAH FERRIS

Several dozen House Republicans might cross the aisle this week to vote for Democratic bills to reopen shuttered parts of the federal government, spurring the White House into a dramatic effort to stem potential GOP defections.

White House officials and Republican congressional leaders worry that GOP support for the shutdown is eroding, weakening President Donald Trump’s hand as he seeks billions of dollars for a border wall that Democrats have vowed to oppose, according to GOP lawmakers and aides.

Hoping to sway skeptics in his party and the broader public, Trump will make an Oval Office address Tuesday night to discuss what he called the “Humanitarian and National Security Crisis on our Southern Border," he said on Twitter. Then he will visit the border region on Thursday.

Vice President Mike Pence and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen will address House Republicans on Tuesday evening. The House is scheduled to vote Wednesday on a Democratic bill designed to fund the IRS and several other agencies, the first of four bills Democrats hope will peel off Trump's GOP support in the House.

Without more money, the IRS could have a problem processing tax refunds. Russ Vought, acting director of the Office of Management and Budget, reversed course Monday and said refunds will be paid out, another move by the White House to mitigate the effects of the shutdown.

The Democratic funding measure is one of several narrow measures that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and party leaders will push forward this week. The bills are designed to put pressure on GOP lawmakers to break with Trump and support re-opening the nine departments hit by the 17-day shutdown. More than 800,000 federal workers are currently not getting paid — roughly 350,000 remain on the job without pay — with their first missed paycheck coming later this week.

Despite the White House PR blitz, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and other senior Republicans believe that “a significant bloc” of House Republicans could vote with Democrats on the funding measures, according to GOP lawmakers and aides.

A senior House GOP aide said McCarthy and his top lieutenants believe 15 to 25 Republicans will vote with Democrats this week, possibly even more.

"We have a lot of members who are gonna want to vote for these things," said the GOP aide, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Publicly, we will never tell them to do it. Privately, we will tell them to do what they have to do."

However, GOP leaders say they can keep that number below 55, a key threshold. That many Republican defections, coupled with all House Democrats, would reach 290 "yes" votes, a veto-proof majority. House Democrats can't overcome Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) refusal to bring up their bills, but such a vote would signal the House can override a Trump veto, a major blow to the president and his allies.

“The biggest thing we can do to back the president up is to keep it below veto proof,” the GOP aide added. “That's a win for us.”

“I think the more that you have people not getting paid, the more the stories coming out about the hardships this shutdown is creating, not just for federal workers but those who rely on federal agencies to get their work done, people are shaking their heads,” said Oregon Rep. Greg Walden, one of seven House Republicans who voted with Democrats last week to reopen the government. “I think it’s a pretty unsustainable position, and I felt that early on.”

In forcing these votes, Pelosi and Democratic leaders have copied a GOP tactic from the 2013 shutdown, when a battle over Obamacare led to a 16-day government shutdown.

At the time, House GOP leaders made Democrats take dozens of votes to fund national parks, low-income nutrition assistance, Head Start and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, among others.

The first House vote, which will take place Wednesday, will dare GOP lawmakers to vote against funding for a slew of financial agencies including the IRS. A “no” vote — Democrats argued before Monday's comments from OMB — is a vote to delay tax refunds to U.S. taxpayers.

The same funding package includes a 1.9 percent pay raise for the nation’s 2 million civilian federal workers, a large chunk of whom have been working without pay since the shutdown began.

Democrats will also force Republicans to vote separately on bills that include funding for food stamps and some federal mortgage programs.

Back in 2013, roughly two dozen Democrats sided with the GOP on nearly every spending bill. A bill to fund veterans’ benefits won support from 35 Democrats.

White House officials and GOP leaders privately say a similar number of Republicans will vote for Democratic bills this week, a blow to Trump but not a fatal one.

"Yes, there is some concern. Look at what happened in 2013. There were a ton of defections," a White House official said. "We're trying to make sure House Republicans know the facts. I think it's less a concern about votes, and more than that, we want to make sure they know the facts."

Last week, only seven House Republicans voted for Pelosi’s plan to reopen the government without extra money for Trump’s border barrier. Most of the "yes" votes were moderate Republicans from swing districts, as well as Walden, a GOP leadership ally who said he decided to support the funding bills to stop the pain hitting national parks in his district.

Pence called some Republicans to persuade them to vote against the Democratic bill, GOP leadership aides said. And Republican lawmakers who supported the proposal heard complaints from party leaders.

“We’ve been in touch with those members and others,” Pence told reporters Monday when asked about certain Republicans expressing concern with the shutdown. “I’ll be on Capitol Hill tomorrow before the president's national address briefing House members with the [Homeland Security] secretary. We're going to be on Capitol Hill meeting with the Senate on Wednesday.”

“Republican leadership is leaning on folks. They were pretty pissed at the seven Republicans who voted for the package last week,” said an aide to a Republican who voted in favor of the Democratic proposal.

House Republicans are also searching for a strategy to rebut the Democrats’ plan. GOP leaders are eyeing procedural tactics to force Democrats to take tough votes as well. One idea is to force Democrats to take a vote against increasing funding for Election Assistance Grants, according to a House GOP aide familiar with the plans.

House Republican Conference Vice Chair Mark Walker said the GOP will “weather the storm” as Democrats pile on pressure this week to get Republicans to break with Trump over the shutdown.

“You’re always going to have defections when it comes to certain tough issues,” Walker said of the Democrats’ funding tactics, but added the “overwhelming majority” of House Republicans will stick together.

"People are going to start hurting really badly,” Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) said, noting such things as looming mortgage payments for furloughed employees.

But he dismissed the Democratic bills as as a mere messaging stunt.

“But this is nothing, this is fake, which is unfortunate," he said of the funding bills. "It’s all for naught.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/07/gop-support-trump-government-shutdown-1085348
You can't take paychecks from people for two weeks and expect support to grow. Not everyone is a senator who can afford to donate their salaries to refugees during the shutdown. There a lot of paycheck to paycheck government employees.

So it's really not surprising.
Knowing almost everything out of Trump's mouth is a lie. Knowing the facts show there is no crisis at the border, and the wall was just a campaign dog whistle. Am I the only one that finds it nuts that Trump gets primetime airtime tonight to lie even more to the American people?

I can't wait to see him impeached and locked up. He is a traitor and the biggest risk to our democracy in my lifetime.
You can't take paychecks from people for two weeks and expect support to grow. Not everyone is a senator who can afford to donate their salaries to refugees during the shutdown. There a lot of paycheck to paycheck government employees.

If tax return season rolls around, and the government is still shut down, people who don’t ordinarily care about or pay attention to politics are going to tune in, and the anger is going to be palpable.

If tax return season rolls around, and the government is still shut down, people who don’t ordinarily care about or pay attention to politics are going to tune in, and the anger is going to be palpable.

LOL, SNAP will run out of money by the third week of the month and that will end food stamps across the country. The majority of those on food stamps are poor whites and most likely to be part of Trump's base. Imagine when they realize Trump hit them with this. I can't see that happening if Trump can avoid it at any cost.
Isn’t it something like the majority of top 10 states that take in federal money are red states?
How about pathetic Pelosi and HER stooge Shumer laughingly offering a BUCK for border protecting from murders ,rapists, drug dealers, robbers, child molester ,etc man if the workers , and their stupid liberal supporters cant see who the real problem is oh well. J\C

Isn’t it something like the majority of top 10 states that take in federal money are red states?

Who else will pay for their tax rates?
Ya gotta wonder what 40 thinks now that we've been shut down so long...LOL

What lies will we hear tonight..
Yeah lies when the lying Pelosi rebuttle is on.
When is the wall going to get built?

BUILD THE WALL!

BUILD THE WALL!

Do you mean along the Canadian border where far more terroist suspects are caught?
Originally Posted By: Riley01
How about pathetic Pelosi and HER stooge Shumer laughingly offering a BUCK for border protecting from murders ,rapists, drug dealers, robbers, child molester ,etc man if the workers , and their stupid liberal supporters cant see who the real problem is oh well. J\C

You make it so hard to even consider anything you post as serious, lol.

"Non-original thoughts for low information voters in a box" much? lmao
Not even sure where to begin trying to understand this one.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any stranger......
Just when you thought things couldn't get any stranger......

With Trump and comrades? bruh... smh
Accosta being a horses ass yet again.

stranger? Few know Strange like when I open the view to my mind for minute glimpse.

I want to say Thank God Donald TRump is president today and not any democrat I've seen.

Thank God again, see, why, do I care, see the Republicans at least you can get away from them, they'll leave you alone a little bit, when they are in charge.

When the Democrats are in control, it's like the Government is going to move in to your house.

The Government is going to move into your house,
My house? Ya your house.

I, but I don't want the, I get there to get away from the crazy,
OH! No no no, it doesn't matter how you feel about it, see listen the Government is going to move into your house and it's going to be so wonderful for you, See,

The Democrats will be in your house, they'll be on your dinner table, they'll tell you what to wear, where to travel,, HEY!! Which way to travel there,

NOW NOW I KNOW SOME OF YOU, Some of you thing you know how to drive en route from one place to another, but see

YOU DON'T! YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH ROUTE TO TAKE, UNTILE THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU WHICH IS THE BEST WAY FOR YOU!

You don't know which time of day to be up, YOu don't know which words you are allowed to say
HEY!

YOU don't know what kind of things you should OWN! The Government knows better what and where and how and when you should do, or own, or try, or eat, or sleep ANYTHING!

Because they are democrats! And the democrats are just smarter, and more educated, and they know things, and they'll tell you what's good for you, whether you like it or not!

Tyranny! I says, Democrats, left unchecked, = tyranny for all

Republicans, left unchecked, might not be very good in some ways, but give the opportunity for prosperity
and at least, something less than tyranny.

Thank God, the democrats aren't able to ruin "everybodys' life, every time, (only some of them), and again

Thank God, that today Donald Trump is president, and not all the democrats, that think alike and have no free thoughts.

But hey! Stranger things have stranger been than done, but just when you thought things couldn't get stranger.
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
stranger? Few know Strange like when I open the view to my mind for minute glimpse.

I want to say Thank God Donald TRump is president today and not any democrat I've seen.

Thank God again, see, why, do I care, see the Republicans at least you can get away from them, they'll leave you alone a little bit, when they are in charge.

When the Democrats are in control, it's like the Government is going to move in to your house.

My house? Ya your house.

OH! No no no, it doesn't matter how you feel about it, see listen the Government is going to move into your house and it's going to be so wonderful for you, See,

The Democrats will be in your house, they'll be on your dinner table, they'll tell you what to wear, where to travel,, HEY!! Which way to travel there,

NOW NOW I KNOW SOME OF YOU, Some of you thing you know how to drive en route from one place to another, but see

YOU DON'T! YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH ROUTE TO TAKE, UNTILE THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU WHICH IS THE BEST WAY FOR YOU!

You don't know which time of day to be up, YOu don't know which words you are allowed to say
HEY!

YOU don't know what kind of things you should OWN! The Government knows better what and where and how and when you should do, or own, or try, or eat, or sleep ANYTHING!

Because they are democrats! And the democrats are just smarter, and more educated, and they know things, and they'll tell you what's good for you, whether you like it or not!

Republicans, left unchecked, might not be very good in some ways, but give the opportunity for prosperity

Thank God, the democrats aren't able to ruin "everybodys' life, every time, (only some of them), and again

Thank God, that today Donald Trump is president, and not all the democrats, that think alike and have no free thoughts.

But hey! Stranger things have stranger been than done, but just when you thought things couldn't get stranger.

You might wish to ask 800,000 workers who aren't getting a paycheck if they're being left alone.
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

My house? Ya your house.

HEY!

SO UNHINGED! smh but lmao
Don’t forget that THROW LONG was the one who said that if people watched the game show Trump hosted, they’d understand that he isn’t a complete idiot.
Bro MSNBC is just destroying Trump tonight. His re-election campaign sent out emails wanting contributions for the wall that are going into his campaign warchest. BUSTED. He left the GOP flapping in the wind, GOPers are looking for the Trump train exits...
THROW LONG I could not agree more. Personally I believe anyone who is against the president is against this country and do not want it to succeed. They are unpatriotic and I sincerely question whether or not they know what patriotism is, whether or not they are thankful to be a citizen and are proud of American exceptionalism.

The democrats do not want to protect the American people. Its as simple as that. Until they step up to the plate relating to the wall, screw them! There is still NO SOLUTION by that side and they don't bring anything at all to the table. Instead of helping the people who actually live here their interests are more aligned with illegal aliens and giving them amnesty. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone can support that.

I want to hear from the democrats that they want to protect the American people. The AMERICAN people. I WANT TO HEAR THIS FROM THEM NOW!

Until I hear this, I say screw them. There's another word worse than that I want to use but I would get in trouble on the forum.
THROW LONG I could not agree more. Personally I believe anyone who is against the president is against this country and do not want it to succeed. They are unpatriotic and I sincerely question whether or not they know what patriotism is, whether or not they are thankful to be a citizen and are proud of American exceptionalism.

The democrats do not want to protect the American people. Its as simple as that. Until they step up to the plate relating to the wall, screw them! There is still NO SOLUTION by that side and they don't bring anything at all to the table. Instead of helping the people who actually live here their interests are more aligned with illegal aliens and giving them amnesty. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone can support that.

I want to hear from the democrats that they want to protect the American people. The AMERICAN people. I WANT TO HEAR THIS FROM THEM NOW!

Until I hear this, I say screw them. There's another word worse than that I want to use but I would get in trouble on the forum.

PUH-lease... Get a grip bro, your boy is a traitor.
Brewers: Shutdown means no new craft beer

BY ALICIA COHN - 01/08/19 03:45 PM EST

Brewers are warning that the ongoing partial government shutdown means no new craft beer releases.

"Hey @realDonaldTrump, we are an American-owned company and we want to distribute a new beer, but the shutdown includes the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau... so we currently can't move forward. Please help. The people want the beer. #beer2020," tweeted the Oklahoma brewery Prairie Artisan Ales this week.

The government shutdown is entering a third week and brewers are worried that even when the government eventually reopens, the impact could slow down craft beer production and impact craft brewers' bottom line this year.

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), which approves new labels, new liquor stores and new distribution across state lines, is shut down.

That means that breweries nationwide, ranging from New Jersey’s Belmar’s Beach Haus Brewery to Michigan's Old Nation Brewing Co. to Oklahoma's Krebs Brewing Co., have put plans on hold.

“The consumers want new and different all the time, so it's really it's gone from being a couple flagship beers to … updating it weekly, the styles you're putting out,” Belmar’s Beach Haus Brewery owner John Merklin told New Jersey's News 12. "We are a couple weeks into it, we have one label for submission that's pending. That quickly can become two or three next week."

Atlas Brew Works, based in Washington, D.C., told DCist they have a tank full of a new beer — an IPA brewed with fresh apricots — that they can't sell because they don't have approval for the beer's label. The brewery is selling the beer by the glass in its taproom but won't be able to sell enough of it to finish the tank.

“In the past we’ve had issues with a beer we can’t sell,” Justin Cox, Atlas Brew Works’ CEO and founder, told DCist. “Sometimes we have to dump it. And that hurts, emotionally and monetarily.”

Cox added that it's hurting his business to be in a "holding pattern."

“There’s an opportunity cost of having beer sitting in the tank which we could otherwise have packaged, that’s a bottleneck in our production,” he said. "We spent the 4th quarter of 2018 planning what we’re going to release, our recipes, and marketing plans for new beers. Now we’re trying to execute that plan but we’re in a holding pattern.”

A brewer in North Virginia told D.C.'s Craft Beer Cellar that his entire operation would feel the effects if the shutdown continues much longer.

"We work hard to get ahead of our business and this just wrecks our plans," Port City founder Bill Butcher said. "If we can't get our new labels approved in a timely manner, then it affects our entire operation. It hurts our employees, our farmers who provide our grain, our hops suppliers, our label printers, our box manufacturers and ultimately our distributors, retailers, and beer drinkers. This is a failure of government to do its job! Everyone suffers from the shutdown by slowing our business after we have busted our tails planning. It is inexcusable that this should happen."

With the backlog piling up at TTB, brewers are uncertain how long their applications might take even when the government reopens.

The Brewers Association also warned last week that loans for small businesses like craft breweries will be delayed.

The shutdown is hitting larger breweries, too.

“The TTB shutdown is affecting us like everyone else,” Anheuser-Busch spokeswoman Megan Lagesse told The Chicago Tribune. “Each of our craft partners and our company at large has beer labels in queue waiting to be approved.”

“We feel pretty helpless in the deal. I'm sure we're not the only industry that's experiencing that," Craft Brewers Association of Oklahoma President Patrick Lively told NewsOK.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/424402-brewers-shutdown-means-no-new-craft-beer

Well there goes beer... Thanks Trump thumbsup

I don't drink beer so I'm good. And I doubt many Trump supporters drink craft beer.
Hogg to Trump: 40,000 Americans dying annually from gun violence 'a pretty damn good' national emergency to start with

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 01/08/19 09:36 AM EST

Parkland, Fla., school shooting survivor and outspoken gun control activist David Hogg slammed President Trump on Tuesday for saying he may "call a national emergency" to build his long-desired U.S.–Mexico border wall.

“If we really want to start talking about the national emergency like the president likes to talk about, 40,000 Americans dying annually from gun violence is a pretty damn good one to start off with,” Hogg said during an appearance on CNN on Tuesday.

Hogg's remarks came days after the president said he was mulling calling a national emergency to build a wall along the U.S.–Mexico border.

“We can call a national emergency because of the security of our country, absolutely. We can do it. I haven’t done it, I may do it. I may do it, but we can call a national emergency and build it quickly, it’s another way of doing it,” he said at a press conference Friday.

The president also threatened to keep 25 percent of the government shut down for years until he receives his desired funding to build the wall. The government entered a partial shutdown late last month amid an impasse between lawmakers and the White House over Trump's demand for billions of dollars in border wall funding.

Hogg said Tuesday that gun control should be considered a “nonpartisan issue” considering “the fact that both Democrats and Republicans die from gun violence.”

“Bullets don’t discriminate and neither should our legislators,” he added.

Hogg, along with fellow Parkland, Fla., school shooting survivor, Jaclyn Corin, discussed a new Democratic-led bill that would require background checks on private transactions that are related to gun sales.

The new universal background bill, which has been sponsored by Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) and Rep. Peter King (R-NY), is set to be introduced on Tuesday, the anniversary of 2011 Tucson mass shooting that left six dead and nearly killed former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords (D).

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-...om-gun-violence

Trumpian cranial explosions in 3, 2, 1...
Bro MSNBC is just destroying Trump tonight. His re-election campaign sent out emails wanting contributions for the wall that are going into his campaign warchest. BUSTED. He left the GOP flapping in the wind, GOPers are looking for the Trump train exits...

Meh, he’s stolen from veterans charities before and they didn’t turn on him.

It’s kind of hard to argue for American exceptionalism when the current U.S. president is a senile racist pervert whose previous occupation was game show host.

I’ll just leave this here for your contemplation about our ‘exceptionslism’.

I didn't know hong kong was a country.......
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

It kind of is. It has its own system of government separate from China, and Chinese state law doesn’t apply to Hong Kong. They have different tax codes from China, borders that require passports, and someone from mainland China can’t live in Hong Kong without applying for residency via immigration.

It kind of is. It has its own system of government separate from China, and Chinese state law doesn’t apply to Hong Kong. They have different tax codes from China, borders that require passports, and someone from mainland China can’t live in Hong Kong without applying for residency via immigration.

They also have two different official languages. And while they have their own system of government, but China controls the Hong Kong government and are not afraid to run up on any dissidents.
I see it referred to as "special administrative region of Peoples Republic of China". Semantics I guess, but to me, its not a country.
Yikes

Wow,, 5 year old responding... Yikes.
Yikes

Don Jr. is probably my favorite. Just a bumbling idiot, dumber than his father even, who constantly tries and fails in spectacular fashion to impress a father who clearly disdains him.

Is that all you took from the information provided?
Arguing the semantics of one of the places listed but not commenting on the information it provides?
Country or not Hong Kong is on the list. A list we’re not on.
I see it referred to as "special administrative region of Peoples Republic of China". Semantics I guess, but to me, its not a country.

Yeah, it's a very odd city. Beautiful and much better than Shanghai, it used to be under British rule until the late 90's. As a result, they are economically a lot more different than China. They have their own currency, stock exchange, and pretty much everything else as so far as economics are concerned. While Xi is pushing China towards State Capitalism, Hong Kong has been the king of capitalism for the decades prior to that, as they were the go to port city for the Western world, China and India. China made a lot of concessions to get Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau back under China's major rule. i think the idea was called "two systems, one country" during the reunification period, but they had varying success. Taiwan for example has wanted independence for the past decade, while Maccau and Hong Kong have enjoyed their limited governmental authority.

Most think tanks, trivia masters, and government officials usually count them as their own country. For example, my shower curtain is a world map and lists Hong Kong separate from China, but not Taiwan. America doesn't really have anything comparable to the situation. Maybe Liberia pre-Civil War. Anyway, it's all stupid and doesn't really matter unless you're over there. For the most part all of my Hong Kong friends hate Chinese people (the poor often flood Hong Kong to buy cheap essential goods), but feel ambivalent towards the Chinese government to certain extents.
So let me see. I think Pelosi will lie and you think Trump will lie, but Im the 5 yr old and YOUR the adult in the room ...GOT IT.
So let me see. I think Pelosi will lie and you think Trump will lie, but Im the 5 yr old and YOUR the adult in the room ...GOT IT.

We don't have to think about if Trump lies. He does. Over and over and over again. That's been proven 100%.
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Can you post the income, sales, etc tax rates for those countries?
before i give a response, can you tell the board why you want those figures?

do tax rates matter more than those 4 things in the picture?
Anything named real truth is going to need a link to some sort of data.
Honest question to my friends on the left. The last two years, all we have heard was the Dem party was the forward thinking, progressive, new idea party that had the pulse of the country and the younger generation at their thought process, right? The Green New Deal? What about his photo tells you they mean a single word of what they say, or that anything on the left has changed. Honestly. They look like two grandparents getting ready to send a billion dollar of tax payer money to a the nice Nigerian prince from the email.

Can you post the income, sales, etc tax rates for those countries?

I’m not playing other than to say...
I’ll gladly pay the taxes to have me and my fellow countrymen’s healthcare, safety, and general wellbeing looked after. As it is I pay taxes for F-35’s that can’t fly. Invisible battleships that can’t do what they’re supposed to do. Or potentially a worthless wall that our feckless leader wants to tax me for.
So yes, those countries pay higher tax rates. They’re also at the tops for safety, quality of life, best for children, and best healthcare. Seems like a fair trade off to me.
But I know ‘taxes are bad’
....at least the way this country utilizes them.
this comment makes no sense.

changing of the guard just doesn't happen overnight. apparently you haven't paid attention to all the young people that just won seats in the house.

but thats people on the right for you. gotta be extreme in everything. apparently having the pulse of the country and younger generation means we need to be voting for 26 years olds across the board.

lol is my answer to your question.
Even at that you would have to deduct what people pay in healthcare insurance and associated costs.
Honest question to you. What does that picture have to do with the Democratic party platform and ideas?
Honest question to you. What does that picture have to do with the Democratic party platform and ideas?

he thinks the left are hypocrites because two old people still represent the party.
Even at that you would have to deduct what people pay in healthcare insurance and associated costs.

Exactly. My $5000 deductible is crazy. But taxes are bad...
Honest question to my friends on the left. The last two years, all we have heard was the Dem party was the forward thinking, progressive, new idea party that had the pulse of the country and the younger generation at their thought process, right? The Green New Deal? What about his photo tells you they mean a single word of what they say, or that anything on the left has changed. Honestly. They look like two grandparents getting ready to send a billion dollar of tax payer money to a the nice Nigerian prince from the email.

For the most part I agree.

Luckily for them, the current head of their opposition is a senile man with the mind of a child who lives and dies by cable news coverage. But hopefully their days are numbered, as they’re dinosaurs.

Congrats! Keep working on your critical thinking skills, you almost did it!

That's really funny since they are schooling Trump and exposing his inept leadership daily now.

That's really funny since they are schooling Trump and exposing his inept leadership daily now.

And they got better ratings than the pres did

And they got better ratings than the pres did

Saw that, that's probably why Trump stomped out of their meeting today. He is getting pwned.
Also just saw tonight that the FDA is not conducting any food inspections.
Also just saw tonight that the FDA is not conducting any food inspections.

Don't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy! lmao
Chuck Schumer: Trump 'Walked Out' Of Meeting When We Wouldn't Agree To Wall | Velshi & Ruhle | MSNBC

Wow Trump, smh...

Protecting US citizens is the #1 priority of a president.

FDA is running out of money to inspect food.
TSA employees quitting.
US Border patrol not showing up for work.
Air traffic control with stressed out and unpaid employees at the helm.

What could possibly go wrong?

.I know Jackie Chan’s nationality is officially listed as Hong Kong not China.
President Dumbass says people need to adjust. Remember that in the coming weeks.
President Dumbass says people need to adjust. Remember that in the coming weeks.

The Coast Guard suggested their rank and file hold garage sales to help pay their bills. They’ve since removed the suggestion from their list of ways to get through the shutdown.

trump had it easy. He just asked daddy for more money every time he got into financial straights...which was often. He’s completely disconnected from reality.

The Coast Guard suggested their rank and file hold garage sales to help pay their bills. They’ve since removed the suggestion from their list of ways to get through the shutdown.

trump had it easy. He just asked daddy for more money every time he got into financial straights...which was often. He’s completely disconnected from reality.

Yeah, something similar was sent out to government employees, suggesting that they offer to paint or fix up their places in lieu of rent.

Like what planet do these morons live on?
I read that the Dotard said this morning that the fake news (the article stated NBC) was lying when they stated that he said during the campaign that he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall cause he never said that.

That is special
I read that the Dotard said this morning that the fake news (the article stated NBC) was lying when they stated that he said during the campaign that he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall cause he never said that.

That is special

“I have one of the great memories of all time, OK?” (Trump, after a war widow said he forgot her husband’s name during a condolence call)
THANKS.....I think.
Is Jim Acosta serious or not? He goes to a place where there is a wall/fence, claims no crisis. LOL WHAT

That is special

Trump claims 'obviously' Mexico isn't going to write a check for a border wall

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/trump-mexico-pay-wall/index.html

I dunno what’s worse, the spin job, or that his supporters will take this and spin right along with him.
We need a thread title change.
Is Jim Acosta serious or not? He goes to a place where there is a wall/fence, claims no crisis. LOL WHAT

I don't like the concept of a wall, personally, but I feel like Jim Acosta just helped Trump's agenda.
jc

I have a question for a few specific posters, namely tasty, 40, and throw long:

When Trump back trackers like he currently is, changing his story about who pays for the wall...what are your thoughts? How can you defend that?

It's so hard for me to take President Trump seriously. I probably lean to the left, but even when Bush was around I never felt (despite how stupid some of the things that came out of his mouth were) that he was always just blatantly lying/bullying "facts" and everyone just goes with it? Like, I just don't get it.
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
jc

When Trump back trackers like he currently is, changing his story about who pays for the wall...what are your thoughts? How can you defend that?

It's so hard for me to take President Trump seriously. I probably lean to the left, but even when Bush was around I never felt (despite how stupid some of the things that came out of his mouth were) that he was always just blatantly lying/bullying "facts" and everyone just goes with it? Like, I just don't get it.

I think for most of them, deep down they know that he’s a bumbling idiot, but they’re in it for the grievance politics. If his bumbling idiocy bothers the right people, that’s all that really matters.
Who cares about the lies when you trigger the libs?
Anyone else see him today whining and pouting that he “didn’t throw temper tantrums”?

One of the few bright spots in this disaster is watching that dunce fume because the press won’t report the image he sees of himself in his head.
Garbage, feces take toll on national parks amid shutdown

https://www.apnews.com/e28b313197bb46bebef0faca24b333ed

congrats, conservatives. Your GOP leadership literally turned us into a "shithole" country. ya know, our Presidents words.
jc

I think for most of them, deep down they know that he’s a bumbling idiot, but they’re in it for the grievance politics. If his bumbling idiocy bothers the right people, that’s all that really matters.

I mean, I tend to agree, and feel like most people are just blindly supporting things that he says. It happens on both sides, with OCD claiming he loves AOC (I tend to agree more with Ballpeen on this matter heh).

But on a serious note, and note just playing sides and being fully bipartisan, I'd like to know the rationale on how they can even defend something like this or defend some of the things this guy says.

It's obvious that some will just blindly support whoever they supported and not change opinion based on actions. I'm really just looking for how Trump is still supported after things like this, and how his actions are defended.
This Muslim youth group is keeping national parks clean during the government shutdown

I think a better title would be........

Muslim Teens Clean Up Fascist Mess

But I digress.........

National parks are supposed to be beautiful. This group of Muslim teenagers is making sure they stay that way.

Federal workers who usually take care of national parks have been furloughed amid the ongoing government shutdown. That means no one is getting paid to empty overflowing trash cans, manage sewage disposal, or maintain trails, potentially threatening the health of people who visit the closed parks anyway, per National Geographic.

That's where the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association comes in. The group has dispatched dozens of its members, all Muslim males age 7 to 40, to clean up parks around the country, CNN says.

AMYA regularly cleans up communities as part of its service branch. So when it became clear there was no end to the government shutdown in sight, about 30 members started emptying trash cans around the National Mall and fishing trash out of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, reports The Washington Post. Dozens more gathered in Everglades National Park, outside Independence Hall, and at a handful of other parks to clean up this past weekend. "If there's an opportunity to serve, that is what Muslims do," said volunteer Sarmad Bhatti in describing the group's service ethos.

The National Parks Service has indicated it will dip into entrance fees to perform basic park services if the shutdown continues. Meanwhile, a group spokesperson said AMYA will keep looking for more parks to clean, and more volunteers to help do it. Kathryn Krawczyk
in the endgame now

https://theweek.com/speedreads/816205/mu...rnment-shutdown
The 'doomsday' scenario: Here's what happens if the shutdown drags on
Economists warn that a catastrophe is in the making if the partial government closure continues for weeks or months.

With government shutdown negotiations stalled, what's next?
JAN. 10, 201901:56
Jan. 10, 2019, 4:46 AM EST / Updated Jan. 10, 2019, 8:36 AM EST
By Dareh Gregorian
The country would face an economic hellscape if the government shutdown lasts "months or even years," as the president has suggested it might, experts tell NBC News.

The doomsday scenario might be unlikely — the longest the federal government has ever shut down is 21 days, a record that will fall if the current closure lasts until Saturday — but it is chilling.

"We'll be in no man's land," Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, told NBC News.

If the worst were to happen, experts say the devastating impact would be widespread:

38 million low-income Americans lose food stamps
6 million face an uncertain timetable for collecting tax refunds
2 million without rental assistance and facing possible eviction
800,000 paycheck-less federal employees plunged into dire financial straits
Shuttered parks and museums while overstressed airports cause tourism to tank
Federal court system slows to a crawl
Disaster relief money doesn't get to storm-ravaged areas
Lapsed FDA and EPA inspections lead to dangerous outbreaks
Private companies looking to go public are stuck in limbo
Stock market plummets
The end isn't near — yet. But if the standoff persists — talks blew up at the White House on Wednesday — and Congress and President Donald Trump can't reach a deal on raising the debt ceiling in a few months, "it's game over — you'll have a pretty severe recession," Zandi said, adding that given the trade war with China, and Brexit looming, "you could start seeing some pretty dark scenarios" worldwide.

WITHOUT FOOD, HOMES
By the end of February, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, run by the Department of Agriculture, would be out of funding — meaning almost 40 million low-income Americans could find themselves struggling to pay for food, said Joseph Brusuelas, chief economist for the accounting firm RSM US.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development, meanwhile, has already seen 1,150 contracts with private landlords housing low-income tenants lapse. Another 500 will expire by the end of this month, and another 550 by the end of February, the agency says.

Funding for rental assistance for millions of tenants could be at risk as soon as next month.

"The near-term impact is people getting evicted, having their heat turned off and not having enough food," Brusuelas said.

Trump talks shutdown on Capitol Hill as Republican resolve starts to waver
JAN. 9, 201901:38
Drawn out over time, that could amount to a sizable hit on the GDP. Loss of the SNAP benefits could mean $60 billion less in direct spending in a year, and indirect spending of another $48 billion, which could shave a full percentage point off the country's economic growth, he explained.

Others might find themselves with less money in their pockets.

The IRS has said it won't be able to pay tax refunds during the shutdown, although the Office of Management and Budget said on Monday that it would. Less than 10,000 workers — about 12 percent of IRS staff — are working during the shutdown.

The agency is coming up with a plan to call back more employees, but they'll face an avalanche of backed-up work — by Feb. 2 of last year, the agency had already received over 18 million returns and processed 6.1 million refunds.

"The people who are waiting on those refunds could face some real consequences," said Michael Pearce, senior U.S. economist at Capital Economics.

Millions of Americans continuing to not get paid amid government shutdown
JAN. 9, 201901:22
Then there are the 800,000 government employees who aren't getting paid during the shutdown — even though about half of them still have to work.

"Workers are going to to start walking out and find better paying jobs," Brusuelas said. If they don't, some will be in danger of not being able to pay their rents or mortgages and losing their homes — creating a drag on the economy.

TOURISM DEVASTATED
No-shows by airport workers — including TSA agents and air traffic controllers — would mean delays and canceled flights, hurting business dealings and tourism.

Image: A TSA agent checks identification at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Jan. 7A TSA agent checks identification at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Jan. 7.Erik S. Lesser / EPA
Tourism would also continue to fall at national parks, a third of which were closed when the shutdown went into effect. Others were kept open — but, without staffing, human waste has piled up in bathrooms and along popular trails.

Some parks are planning to stay open by tapping into collection fees that were meant to be used for future park projects. Raiding those funds is unsustainable and will hamper future development plans, said Emily Douce, director of budget and appropriations for the National Parks Conservation Association.

In the meantime, parks are losing the $400,000 in daily fees they typically collect — and neighboring communities aren't benefiting from the average $20 million a day that visitors spend there.

Image: The entrance gate to a campground is locked at Joshua Tree National ParkThe entrance gate to a campground is locked at Joshua Tree National Park in California.Mario Tama / Getty Images
PUBLIC IN DANGER
The Food and Drug Administration has already stopped most food inspections, raising the risk of salmonella, E. coli and listeria outbreaks.

"That puts our food supply at risk," said Sarah Sorscher, deputy director of regulatory affairs at the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a consumer advocacy group.

The Environmental Protection Agency, where only 700 of 13,000 employees are working during the shutdown, has scaled back inspections, with senior officials focusing only on properties where "the threat to human life or property is imminent."

Areas that have already been affected by hurricanes and storms are facing additional problems because of the shutdown, with emergency recovery funds reportedly tied up in bureaucratic red tape.

Furloughed worker: Whole families are feeling impact of shutdown
JAN. 9, 201902:49
It seems unimaginable, but if the impasse continues into October, more vital federal agencies would be forced to shut down, and new dangers would loom. Among the agencies that would turn their lights off is the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A more immediate worry: The federal court system will run out of money by Jan. 18, and will have to cut back operations.

STOCK SHOCK
The longer the shutdown goes on, the more likely it is to affect the stock market, experts said.

Analysts had been looking forward to a string of valuable multibillion companies that were expected to go public early this year. But now, as many as 40 initial public offerings are backlogged because the Securities and Exchange Commission doesn't have the staff to review them.

"The market was waiting for this huge avalanche of IPOs," said John Coffee Jr., director of the Center on Corporate Governance at Columbia Law School. "All of this stuff is on hold. The market is fluctuating wildly, and this is going to remove a stimulus."

Even with no end to the shutdown in sight, Brusuelas predicted that public outrage will lead to one soon enough.

"Workers are going to start walking out," he said. "People will take to the streets."
But this is what happens when you have a president who reacts by emotion alone. Who does not see things big picture. A president who does not use sound strategy. Who makes dumb statements and lies on a continual basis. Who uses his power to act as a divider, not a unifier.

It keeps the entire nation in flux. It adds to the constant division among our own people. It tears a nation apart and everyone pays for it.
jc

with OCD claiming he loves AOC

You got a link to that? I said I like her fire if I recollect correctly and that is nowhere near saying I love her.
Title of the Thread ...

""President Trump decides not to shut down the government""

Got to tell you it makes me laugh every time I see it.
Anyone else see him today whining and pouting that he “didn’t throw temper tantrums

In other words, he threw a temper tantrum claiming he didn’t throw a temper tantrum.
rofl
j/c

I for one find it damn shameful that our POTUS would allow all these people to work without or go without pay just to gain political leverage. If you support Trump doing this to regular people, then deplorable is a fitting name.
We’re now tied for longest shutdown in US history.

Obviously trump won’t stop til he makes history!!
We’re now tied for longest shutdown in US history.

Obviously trump won’t stop til he makes history!!

This is what happens when a narcissistic POTUS can be easily manipulated by great big brains like Rush limbaugh and Ann Coulter.

MSNBC Host: Trump Won’t Budge So That Ann Coulter Won’t Call Him ‘A Weenie’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru...4b045f6768a688e

Did you seriously just post an Eddie Scarry article?

For those who don’t know, Scarry is a weird creep who got fired from his last job because he constantly posted images of various women’s feet.

Some US government websites won’t load after HTTPS certificates expire during shutdown

Zack Whittaker@zackwhittaker / 8 hours ago

In a government shutdown, everything deemed non-essential stops. As we found out, renewing the certificates on its websites is considered non-essential.

Several government sites are currently inaccessible or blocked by most browsers after their HTTPS certificate expired. With nobody available to renew them during the government shutdown, these sites are kicking back warning errors.

According to Netcraft, a U.K.-based internet security services company, many government domains can’t be accessed until someone fixes the certificates. Some sites, like one Justice Department subdomain, are at the time of writing completely inaccessible because the domain is included in Chrome’s HSTS preload list, used by browsers to force browsers into using HTTPS only when accessing pages on the domain.

Others, like this NASA page and one U.S. Courts website, however, aren’t using HSTS and are still accessible via an interstitial warning.

So what’s happening?

Every time your browser lights up with “HTTPS” in green or flashes a padlock, it’s a TLS certificate encrypting the connection between your computer and the website, ensuring nobody can intercept and steal your data or modify the website. But TLS certificates are notoriously delicate things. Certificates expire — a common mistake as people often forget to renew them. Depending on the security level, most websites will kick back browser errors while other sites won’t let you in at all until the expired certificate is renewed.

Except in this case, they can’t — because there’s nobody there to buy and install a new certificate.

As it stands, it’s the responsibility of each department and agency to renew the certificate for their own domain. Depending on how many workers have been furloughed and sent home in each agency, renewing a certificate might not be a top priority when they’re short-staffed and overworked already.

There is some good news.

Most major government websites aren’t down or likely to go down any time soon. Most government certificates aren’t set to expire for many more months. Also, any government website hosted on cloud.gov, search.gov or federalist.18f.gov won’t get certificate errors, as these domains automatically renew their certificates every three months with Let’s Encrypt.

Until the government opens up again, don’t expect these websites until then. But depending on how long this shutdown lasts, you can certainly expect things to get a lot worse.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/11/shutdown-government-websites-https-certificates-expire/

The hits just keep coming!
How Trump’s government shutdown is harming cyber and national security

The longer the shutdown goes on, the greater the damage will be.

It’s now 18 days since the U.S. government unceremoniously shut down because Congress couldn’t agree on a bill to fund a quarter of all federal departments — including paying their employees.

But federal workers are starting to feel the pinch after not getting paid for two weeks, and this will have a knock-on effect to U.S. national security. The longer the shutdown goes on, the greater the damage will be.

The “too long, didn’t read” version is that before Christmas, President Trump wanted $5 billion for a wall on the southern border with Mexico to fulfill a campaign promise. Despite the Republicans having a majority in both houses of Congress, they didn’t have the votes to pass the spending bill in the Senate, which would’ve kept the government going when existing funding expired on midnight on December 22. No vote was held, even after a successful vote in the House, and the government shut down. When the Democrats took the majority in the House last week following their midterm wins, they were ready to pass a funding bill — without the $5 billion (because they think it’s a gigantic waste of money) — and get the government going again. But Trump has said he won’t sign any bill that doesn’t have the border wall funding.

More than two weeks later, some 800,000 federal workers are still at home — yet, about half were told to stay and work without pay. Worse, there’s no guarantee that federal workers will get paid for the time the government was shut down unless lawmakers intervene.

Unless the Democrats get a veto-proof majority, the impasse looks set to continue.

Government shutdowns don’t happen very often — usually — or really at all outside the U.S., and yet this is the first time in four decades that the government has been closed three times in one year. That doesn’t mean cyber or national security threats conveniently stop. Granted, most of the government is functioning and ticking over. There are still boots on the ground, cops on the street, NSA analysts fighting hackers in cyberspace and criminals still facing justice.

But while most of the core government departments — State, Treasury, Justice and Defense — are still operational, others — like Homeland Security, which takes the bulk of the government’s cybersecurity responsibility — are suffering the most.

And the longer the shutdown goes on, the greater chance of tighter budgets and that more staff could be furloughed.

Here’s a breakdown:

Homeland Security’s new cybersecurity unit got off to a rough start: The newly established Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, a division of Homeland Security, has only been operational since November 16, but about more than half of its staff have been furloughed, according to Homeland Security. The division is designed to lead the national effort to defend critical national infrastructure from current, ongoing threats. By our count at the time of writing, the CISA has been shut down for one in 10 days of its two-month tenure.

Threat intelligence sharing will take a hit: A little-known program inside Homeland Security, known as the Automated Indicator Sharing, has also sent home more than 80 percent of it staff, according to Duo Security. AIS allows private industry and government agencies to share threat intelligence, which is shared with Homeland Security’s government partners, to ensure that any detected attack can only ever be used once. The shutdown is going to heavily impact the data exchange program.

New NIST standards to face delays: More than 85 percent of National Institute of Standards and Technology employees have been sent home without pay, leaving just a handful of essential staff to keep NIST’s new advice and guidance work going. NIST is responsible for giving all government departments necessary and up-to-date security advice. It also means that FIPS testing, used to grant devices and new technologies security certifications to run on government networks, has completely stopped during the shutdown.

Underpaid TSA agents are now entirely unpaid: The TSA, found at every U.S. airport security screening area, is still working despite the shutdown. More than 90 percent of the TSA’s workforce of 60,078 employees will go unpaid — on top of already low pay, which has resulted in a high turnover rate. Despite Trump’s remarks to the contrary, several news agencies say TSA workers are calling out sick in droves. And that’s going to harm airport security. Many worry that the already low morale could put airline security at risk. One traveler/passenger at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport tweeted this week: “I asked TSA agent if I should take out my laptop out of its case and she said, ‘I don’t care, I’m not getting paid’.”

Secret Service staff are working unpaid: And, whether you like them or not, keeping the president and senior lawmakers and politicians alive is a paramount national security concern, yet the vast majority of front-line and back office Secret Service agents currently protecting senior administration staff are going unpaid during the shutdown.

And that’s just some of the larger departments.

The shutdown isn’t only hampering short-term efforts, but could result in long-lasting damage.

“Cyber threats don’t operate on Washington’s political timetable, and they don’t stop because of a shutdown,” Lisa Monaco, former homeland security advisor to the president, told Axios on Wednesday. And security firm Duo said that trying to keep all of the cyber-plates spinning at once while not at full-strength is “risky,” especially given nobody knows how long the shutdown will last.

All this for a border wall that Trump says will prevent terrorists from pouring into the U.S.

Critics say that the cost-benefit to building the wall vis-à-vis the shutdown doesn’t add up. Experts say that there hasn’t been a single case of a known terrorist to have crossed illegally into the U.S. from the Mexican border. In fact, since the September 11 attacks, more than three-quarters of all designated acts of terror were carried out by far-right extremists and not Islamic violent extremists, according to a government watchdog. The vast majority of terrorist incidents were U.S. citizens or green card holders.

A border wall might keep some terrorists out, but it’s not going to stop the terrorists who are already in the U.S. Yet, right now it seems the White House wants the appearance of security rather than the security from a quarter of what the government already has at its disposal.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/09/trump-shutdown-harming-cyber-national-security/
Hey, lets put these guys in charge of our healthcare! This situation is exactly why I am cautious about creating too much reliance on the governement.

Congress, the president, anyone else involved in this should not get paid until this is fixed. Make them work 24/7 until it's fixed.
It's one guy bro, one guy.
The problem is BOTH sides. If trump cared about the people not being payed, he would give up the boarder wall, but he doesn't. If democrats cared about the people not being paid, they would give Trump his wall, but they don't. All either side cares about is political victory, not the people they are supposed to be serving.

The bickering is just stupid.
If the reasonable dems gave in to Trump for the people's sake which they have considered, Trump would just repeat this kind of thing for every little or big thing he wanted. He's not king.
Originally Posted By: Squires
Hey, lets put these guys in charge of our healthcare!

Well the fact is nobody wants to put them "in charge" of our healthcare. But I've explained this over and over again with only crickets in response.
The problem is BOTH sides. If trump cared about the people not being payed, he would give up the boarder wall, but he doesn't. If democrats cared about the people not being paid, they would give Trump his wall, but they don't. All either side cares about is political victory, not the people they are supposed to be serving.

Yes it is. Especially when one man was proud to take responsibility for it.

As Dana Bash, CNN, said more than once last week, there are "no adults in the room"...
It's a shame the Dems don't care about border security or federal workers working without pay.
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
It's a shame the Dems don't care about border security or federal workers working without pay.

Come on Peen. I know we don’t see eye to eye on everything but I know you’re generally a rational guy.
trump owns this shutdown, period.

Yes it is. Especially when one man was proud to take responsibility for it.

At some point the opposition to Trump needs to realize it doesn't matter that Trump gets caught red handed in the hundreds of lies he has spewn or taking a political position ... or in this case he took full responsibility for shutting down the Gov't over a Wall that could have been made a priority when he had all 3 branches of Govt .... it doesn't matter what the facts are .... The Trump stooges will blindly follow and support whatever fantasy Trump concocts. It's that simple.

Come on Peen. I know we don’t see eye to eye on everything but I know you’re generally a rational guy.

Sure. I don't deny that. He is wanting Congress to do their job.

The only thing the Dems are against is Donald Trump. They know we have a problem at the border. They have many sound bites where they want to support border security. The Dems are playing a political game rather than doing the right thing for the American people.

It's President Trumps decision to shut it down. I agree. It's the Dems decision to keep it shut down.

The only thing the Dems are against is Donald Trump. They know we have a problem at the border. They have many sound bites where they want to support border security. The Dems are playing a political game rather than doing the right thing for the American people.

It's President Trumps decision to shut it down. I agree. It's the Dems decision to keep it shut down.

Do the right thing? You mean spending 5.7 BILLION DOLLARS of our tax money on a wall that he insisted Mexico would pay for.
5.7 BILLION could go a long way towards helping actual Americans. Things like infrustructire jobs, healthcare, veterans benefits, etc.

Don’t act like trump and the GOP has the American people in mind. It’s laughable.
trump is trying to save face. Period.

Here is a thought I have for BOTH sides. Why don't we take 5.7 Billion out of the 42 BILLION we give away to other countries (we do give money to about 95 percent of other countries in the world)Problem solved and the government is open again. It's a win win for EVERYBODY in this country. Does anybody have a problem with that???
screw that wall.
I will stick with women. You can screw all the walls you want laugh
til wifey blocks you with a wall, then you'll be right there with me in the dog house buddy!
Your damn right bro lol
The repubs had full control of government for 2 years and didn't pass funding for the wall. They are not in control of all three now. So they have to deal with the dems. The dems don't want to do the wall and trump is not giving in because it plays with the base.

GM,
Take the 5.7 billion from the money that we don't have that we pay out to other countries.
But not for the wall-there are other pressing issues-infrastructure is one that I would like to see that I think both side MIGHT agree on.

There was an article today from the EL Chapo trial and some of the other dealers that plea'd out and testified said if pretty good detail how they moved drugs across the border and how they changed over time. Most of these guys who moved hundreds of tons of coke and other across the border said that they didnt go across open borders-there was other ways-in tractor trailers, cars with false bottoms, trains, large ships, oil tankers-it was more sophisticated than I thought.
right?

notice how for 2 years, trump and the gop wasn't calling this a national emergency until AFTER the dems won back the house?

coincidence? lol, we all know the answer to that.

the sad reality is that this shutdown happened because conservative talking heads said it would be the end of trump's presidency if he signed the BIPARTISAN deal on border security in december.

Graham, a republican, who has been pushing trump to stand firm and declare it an emergency, was one of the republicans who voted in december FOR the 1.3 billion deal for border security to fund the government. just like trump, he completely flip flopped after hannity, limbaugh, and coulter started running their mouths.

its real pathetic that the country is being ran not by the president, not by congress, but by 3 far right radio host.
Trump is a political terrorist holding ordinary people hostage and harming families and children without a thought for political gain.

He has repeated this process in plain sight with family separations and the government shutdown.

We don't negotiate with terrorist.

*reposted for TRUTH*
Not that it matters one bit - but imagine if Obama had tried to hold the country ransom to get something that the GOP flat out would NEVER approve ... he would have (rightly) been crucified.

This shut down is 100% on Drumfp ... but as I said in my last post - it won't matter to the stooges because they will say anything to deflect blame.
Quote:
GM,
Take the 5.7 billion from the money that we don't have that we pay out to other countries.
But not for the wall-there are other pressing issues-infrastructure is one that I would like to see that I think both side MIGHT agree on.

That's where I would be spending most of the other 36 billion.
screw that wall.

Open your mind man....you are painting yourself in to a corner.
No I’m not. I never supported that dumbass wall and never will.
It's going up, and about time.
Mexico should be sending the check any day, just wait for it

And you can keep your doctor too! thumbsup

We knew it was a lie the first time he uttered it from his lying liehole. It was a lie every other time he and his sheep repeated it at his red hat rallies. Now his sheep are being held hostage with the rest of us until we all pay for it.
Stupid sheep. Thanks for the bill. Thanks for the shutdown. This is all on you.
screw that wall.

Open your mind man....you are painting yourself in to a corner.

They can use the money Obama made from "Cash for Clunkers".
Originally Posted By: Vambo

And you can keep your doctor too! thumbsup

What doctor, I have a physicians assistant.

I wonder what they call hating everything Obama and justifying everything Trump?
While the Donald is an unsavory character, who constantly lies and make stuff up. Even if Mexico doesn’t hand over a check…..you have to give it to the man, he is uncovering every stone trying to get the wall done. I can’t recall a president willing to take on this much heat to deliver on campaign promises. Like him or not, from that perspective he is going all out trying to make his campaign promises come true.

The wall was first, the paying for it was a nice ploy, everyone knew that was a reach but if he can get the wall and even get 1/3 recouped from Mexico. That’s a win and everyone wishes their president of choice (be it left or right) would go after campaign promises this hard. As much of a scumbag as he is, I have to respect him for that hustle.
you have to give it to the man, he is uncovering every stone trying to get the wall done.

I can’t recall a president willing to take on this much heat to deliver on campaign promises. Like him or not, from that perspective he is going all out trying to make his campaign promises come true.

This part is flat out not true. He's shutting the barn door after the horse bolted ..... if he wanted to get the wall done it should have been done while the GOP held the senate and the house ... it's that simple

Perhaps you take the scheming lying president at face value? Maybe you think that not having the Wall is a item of national security.... If so then see my comment in white above .... OR - maybe this is just another talking point for Trump who wants to create a fight with the Dems and wants to appeal to his base. Me - I think it's a contrived controversy over an item Trump thinks he can spin to his advantage to his base. Lastly ... if he actually wanted to get it done - then you have to compromise. End of story. And there is no compromise from the man, just scare tactics and sabre rattling.
You may very well be right, maybe he should have done this in the first 2 years. I can't imagine it's that easy, but I'm not an expert.

I'm not debating his tactics. It's as simple as, the man is doing everything he can to deliver the wall he promised. It doesn't have to be that complicated and you don't have to like how he's doing it. It's definitely not a matter of national security but as a negotiator I understand why he is pushing that, to get it done.

Here is where you lose me. Start a fight with the dems? Start? Come on man the dems have been fighting him at literally every step for 2 years. Most of the dem leaders have already voted for improved border control in the past. The entire democratic platform is an anti Trump platform right now, it has nothing to do with the wall (which most of them agreed we needed prior to Trump). This is a pissing match because they don't like him, it's absolutely not about compromise.

He said he would build a wall, he is trying to do that. If only all our politicians would at least try to keep their word. You can hate him or not like his tactics, his morals, fine. He said wall, he is trying.
He also said Repeal And Replace Obamacare in the first 100 days...

I'd argue that while he failed, he at least tried. Again, I'm not trying to defend his outlandish claims or failures. I'm pointing out that he has tried to make good on his campaign promises.

Whether I agree with his policies or not - he did at least try.

The Wall? Nahh - he didn't try to move it forward.

Now that he knows the Senate is NEVER going to give him money for the Wall .... now he's using it as a talking point and digging in and inventing a narrative to try to paint the Dems as bad. And some are falling for it - and some are such stooges it doesn't matter they will just go along coz it's Drumf

Are you ever going to hold him accountable for ANYTHING he says?
I read they have been playing uncensored rap music over the PA system at JFK airport.

I guess the TSA is protesting lol.

I would link articles, but profanity. You can google that.
they were playing Travis Scott ft. Drake - sickomode.

that song really thumps if you have a nice system in the car. like the Jag!
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Whether I agree with his policies or not - he did at least try.

The Wall? Nahh - he didn't try to move it forward.

Now that he knows the Senate is NEVER going to give him money for the Wall .... now he's using it as a talking point and digging in and inventing a narrative to try to paint the Dems as bad. And some are falling for it - and some are such stooges it doesn't matter they will just go along coz it's Drumf

All he tried with Obamacare was to repeal it, he never tried to replace it. that's why John McCain voted against the move.. McCain knew he lied
It would be great if this could be over with.

It is interfering with my travel plans and I dont want to stand in a security line for 4 hours.

Get off your high horse Trump.
It may be a hassle with the delays and long security lines, but at least you get to listen to uncensored hip hop while they wand you and pat you down.

So there's that, I guess...

[shrugs]

wink
Trump announced there will be a statement tomorrow. Talking heads speculating that he will declare state of emergency and end shut down.
He better.

This is starting to get non funny.

I have to go to Cleveland.
In case the general populous, and or leaders of the free world didn’t know.

Your wall will never be built. If I have to tell you why, you’ve already lost the ideals of our founding fathers.

Direct shot at republicans and the south. You have been, and continue to be on the wrong side of history. Don’t exacerbate the problem
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

Your wall will never be built. If I have to tell you why, you’ve already lost the ideals of our founding fathers.

Direct shot at republicans and the south. You have been, and continue to be on the wrong side of history. Don’t exacerbate the problem

Maybe you and OCD can join together and have your big dumb hick rally of two.

Maybe you and OCD can join together and have your big dumb hick rally of two.

Oh the hicks rally all the time.
he can declare a national emergency if he wants, but once they open pandora's box, don't complain when a dem does it as POTUS over issues like healthcare or gun violence.
Quantum theory says,

There is a world we invest in transportation infrastructure, and renewable energy.

Listen up Ohio, you will have your recreational marijuana. Renewable energy will be an industry, Lake Erie provides much energy, it’s just gonna take about 5 years.

Practice patience
Quote:
Oh the hicks rally all the time.

Those are not rally's those are called Party's

I got in line twice.
rofl
Every Ohioan that voted for Trump should be ashamed of themselves. Your values lie in antiquity, beyond statistical value.

Slavery, segregation, anthropogenic climate change. Guess what every, Ohioan that voted for trump, you wanna be wrong again? Education will always trump your ignorance.

Cincinatti, West Virginia, Toledo, backwoods Michigan. This is republican

When you say, The United States of America, remember, take my name out of your mouth.

America builds bridges, freedom. Your hate and fear have no place in my country.
jc

On eve of MLK Day, Pence says Trump is like Martin Luther King Jr. for ‘inspiring us’ with a border wall

DAVID EDWARDS
20 JAN 2019 AT 12:20 ET

n a Sunday interview with CBS News, Vice President Mike Pence likened President Donald Trump to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Pence complained during the Sunday interview with Margaret Brennan that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has said that Democrats will not fund Trump’s border wall even if the president agrees to reopen the government.

“So what the president has directed us to do is to reach out with rank-and-file Democrats in the House and in the Senate,” Pence explained. “What the president presented yesterday really is an effort to bring together ideas from both political parties. I think it is an act of statesmanship on the president’s part.”

According to Pence, Trump’s actions during the government shutdown could be compared with King, who America will celebrate during a day of remembrance on Monday.

“And honestly,” he opined, “the hearts and minds of the American people are thinking a lot today about [this] being the weekend we remember the life and work of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.”

“One of my favorite quotes from Dr. King was, ‘Now is the time to make real the promises of Democracy,'” Pence continued. “You think of how he changed America, he inspired us to change through the legislative process, to become a more perfect union. That’s exactly what President Trump is calling on the Congress to do, come to the table in a spirit of good faith.”

Watch the video below from CBS.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/eve-mlk...us-border-wall/

Now Trump is equivalent to MLK? lmao You can't make this crap up. smh
Ann Coulter, Puppet Master:

Mulvaney asked for a list in the last couple days of what programs will be impacted the most if the shutdown last until March or April

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...m=.3c3e5254ae6e

White House seeks list of programs that would be hurt if shutdown lasts into March

By Damian Paletta and
Juliet Eilperin January 23 at 4:59 PM
White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney has pressed agency leaders to provide him with a list of the highest-impact programs that will be jeopardized if the shutdown continues into March and April, people familiar with the directive said.

Mulvaney wants the list no later than Friday, these people said, and it’s the firmest evidence to date that the White House is preparing for a lengthy funding lapse that could have snowballing consequences for the economy and government services.

The request is the first known inquiry from a top White House official seeking information about the spreading impact of the shutdown, which has entered its fifth week and is the longest in U.S. history. So far, top White House officials have been particularly focused on lengthening wait times at airport security, but not the sprawling interruption of programs elsewhere in the government.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose Mulvaney’s demand.

The shutdown has already caused the federal government to stop paying 800,000 employees, but the impact is expected to become exponentially broader in the coming weeks. The federal court system is likely to halt major operations after February 1, and the Department of Agriculture does not have funding to pay food stamp benefits in March to roughly 40 million people.

The White House also faces a backlash from many federal workers, who face missing a second consecutive paycheck in the coming days. Some workers have balked at continuing without being paid, and their unions are filing legal action against the administration.

Furloughed federal employees and labor unions staged a sit-in on Capitol Hill on Jan. 23, as the shutdown enters month two. (Video: Luis Velarde , Rhonda Colvin/Photo: Salwan Georges/The Washington Post)

And there were new signs on Wednesday that federal agencies are still trying to comprehend the scope of their growing problems. The U.S. General Services Administration, an agency that manages many of the government’s leases and contracts, notified a number of departments that it doesn’t have a plan for how it can pay utility and lease payments in February if the shutdown persists. Many federal agencies lease space in commercial buildings around the country, and if the GSA can’t make rental payments it could incur major fees and other costs. This could also have a big impact on the property owners, which rely on large government payments for their income.

Meanwhile, the White House Office of Management and Budget has tried to take multiple steps to blunt the impact of the shutdown, and this week it sent guidance to agencies that would make it easier for some federal contractors to receive payments.

Senior OMB officials have tried to serve as a clearinghouse for agency leaders as they work to deal with the repurcussions of the shutdown, but Mulvaney’s direct involvement reflects how the White House is now attempting to understand the longer-term implications. A senior administration official, speaking on the condition of anonimity to discuss the directive, said it was an attempt by Mulvaney to have agency leaders focused on the problems that will arise if Congress doesn’t pass a spending bill soon.
No way the dems should cave, ever. This is 100% on Trump and McConnell right now, Nancy has handled it masterfully.

We don't negotiate with terrorist.
Trump just blinked first. Agreed to not give the SOTU address until the shutdown ends. Pelosi just dog walked his ass.
Trump just blinked first. Agreed to not give the SOTU address until the shutdown ends. Pelosi just dog walked his ass.

Yeah but 30 dumbass dems wrote a letter to Pelosi last night calling for her to negotiate an end. Just as republicans watch Trump cave, horrible timing.
they should absolutely negotiate to reopen the government. that hasn't changed, nor should it.

but pelosi right now has a completely unified party behind her, and the gop keeps splintering. look at his twitter. he got walked so bad he had to change the topic. he's gone back to talking about cohen and North Korea.
Dems shouldn't give him a single red cent for a wall. I good with border security, they can give him all he wants for anything other than the wall.

Off topic, MSM is parading a steady stream of fed employees on TV crying that they are losing this and that after missing one check. smh, these are middle income jobs! How the hell can they not survive one check? I don't agree with them not being paid but some of these people need to skip a starbucks here and there.
As The Government Shutdown Drags On, Food Assistance For Millions Could Run Out

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gov...4b0b66936760e94

Wait until the MAGA crowd don't get their food stamps and welfare checks.
a lot of the federal workers don't get paid great at all, even with the benefits. it just doesn't pay all that well.

ask anybody who's ever served, like YOU, how many broke soldiers there were, simply because it just doesn't pay all that great. now obviously soldiers are getting paid now, but i'm making the correlation of income.

and its hard not to sympathize with them when you got airheads like Laura Trump, Eric's wife who will never have to worry about getting paid because she's married into the 1 percent, telling these workers that they need to sacrifice.

thats straight up BS.
Yep, I saw her.
and then this one:

Ross: 'I don't quite understand' why federal workers need food banks during shutdown

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/42674...od-banks-during

the rothschild banker wondering why the peasants need a food bank.

the republican party. smh.
As Laura Trump said, it's only "a little bit of pain".
Made this. Thought I’d share.

Made this. Thought I’d share.

rolleyes
Well fish, he did say he would shut it down, wouldn't blame the Dems and be proud of it. Seems that pride evaporated quickly and the finger pointing began. But I mean who really expected him to be honest about it anyway?

Trump wants $5.7 Billion now and over $30 Billion total to build this to keep us safe. Defeated by a $100 ladder. Good news is ladders will be a hot commodity in Mexican border towns.

And the smart money spent on surveillance equipment and border agents stopped them.

Trump wants $5.7 Billion now and over $30 Billion total to build this to keep us safe. Defeated by a $100 ladder. Good news is ladders will be a hot commodity in Mexican border towns.

And the smart money spent on surveillance equipment and border agents stopped them.

I agree, technology is the primary way to go, BUT, the wall slowed them down for the technology to do it's job.

Otherwise 100 people run randomly into the country, hard to round up, versus just getting a line coming over a wall.
until they just start building stairs on the other side of the wall.

or like trump said, maybe a rope.
until they just start building stairs on the other side of the wall.

or like trump said, maybe a rope.

Again, it would be a funnel.

I'm not saying I support a wall across the whole border, but some sections in harder to patrol areas, would help "slow" the crossings, and give patrols time to respond.

An idea on government shutdown.

I propose a law that if Congress and/or the President shut down the government, then no taxes should be collected during the shutdown.
Hey 40, how's that shutdown that trump decided not to do, working out for you now.
I don't figure they will want the government shut down on Easter Sunday.

I have a hard time figuring politicians will want to be sitting home Easter Sunday and the government is still shut down.

2. There's no real need to get the government back opened, (in polliticians minds) as long as nobody's really being hurt by it, and nobody is, I'd guess in their minds, because the citizenry's masses don't matter to them.

3. A week ago I said this will go to the middle of March, I mean if they didn't get it figured out before, well the end of January, or because of the way congress takes breaks, and people travel back to their districts and return to Washington,

It's going to go to March, they won't be forced to come to a deal until around the 2nd or 3rd week of March anyway,

But I guess they'll find a way to pay workers, without giving them paychecks or opening anything up,

They'll find a way to complicate things before they have to actually make a decision, because that's what government does.

OH, Easter Sunday,.. also, ... I came to that timeframe because, nobody's going to want the April 15th tax day to come around with the government shut down either.
(Because it makes their lives harder, even the rich and powerfuls' lives)
Air traffic control slowing flight spacing and traffic down today at Laguardia (ground stop) to meet current staffing levels due to shut down.
I fly to Vegas tomorrow morning for a quick overnight to install a sculpture. I hope I don’t get held up. Our delivery window on this piece is small and we only have 24 hours to get it done. Any delays in getting there will be a serious wrench in the works.
Air traffic control slowing flight spacing and traffic down today at Laguardia (ground stop) to meet current staffing levels due to shut down.

There are a few additional airports in the east including Philly, Newark that the FAA is also slowing down because of lack of staff
Trump opening the Government for 3 weeks.
yall watching this speech?

what an embarrassment.
Yeah. At least he had to cave on a tempotary basis. The rest of it is no more than a propaganda crap storm.
He needs to stfu and get off my TV.
Actually seems to me the people have the power.

The only reason Trump opened it is because the airport situation was getting out of control.

So, if it shuts down again, TSA/ATC should just not show up. Trump/Congress will have no choice but to stop this nonsense.
man, fox news comment section is hammering trump right now. never seen it this bad before.

and yea, Trump caved. he will most likely take the border security deal the dems have been offering the entire time.

not a good day for Trump. Caved to Pelosi, ya boy got arrested, and ya other homeboy was also in court again.
Actually seems to me the people have the power.

The only reason Trump opened it is because the airport situation was getting out of control.

So, if it shuts down again, TSA/ATC should just not show up. Trump/Congress will have no choice but to stop this nonsense.

If the Democrats had any balls they should've supported a strike by federal employees.
He needs to stfu and get off my TV.

rofl

I gotta say- you're nothing if not consistent.

rofl
The speech Trump gave was awful ... I didn't get to hear the end and if he fielded any questions. Anyone get to ask about Roger Stone?
nah he walked off after the speech. trump isn't man enough to face the firing squad after defeat like all the other presidents.
He sounded so un-presidential today. He sounded like a used car salesman spinning and spinning ...
to be fair though, for the first time in history, a trump business reopened after getting shut down. MAGA?
j/c

Andy Borowitz (New Yorker) with the caption/headline that dunked on all others:

"Pelosi Refuses to Return Trump's Testicles"
I’m glad people are getting paid again, that’s important.
I’m glad people are getting paid again, that’s important.

No back pay for gov’t contractors. Which is on par for all trump’s biz.
I think my favorite part about the collapse was Trump’s attempt to do damage control after Wilbur Ross’ comments, where he babbled incoherently like a nursing home patient about how grocery stores are “willing to work with people”.
Pelosi comes out and reiterates that the legislation congress is working out to fund the government will contain NO money for a wall...

Trump meets with "Failing New York Times" and says they are wasting their time in response. Somebody must have told him that Nancy has the power to stop it... and she will still make any shut down Trump's fault.
When McConnell put forth both a measure to fund the wall a a measure that did not, the measure that didn't fund the wall got more votes. Neither managed to get the 60 votes to pass it, but six Republicans crossed the aisle to vote for the measure that did not fund the wall and received more votes.
Just watching Trumps on the News about the wall and an emergency and caravans and human trafficking and horrible dems and .... rolleyes
Not only did this headline turn out to be wrong, it just might happen again.. Another looming dead line and The Donald is already saying it's a waste of time if they don't put his wall in the budget..., Pelosi doesn't appear to be backing down.

So it looks like he's going to go with the Emergency thingy... When was the state of emergency last used? 9/11 for sure.. and before that, when?

He's about to abuse that power over a crisis that doesn't exist.
Not to mention opening the door for Democrats to use the same tactic in regards to climate change and healthcare. Another crap storm.
the dems should shut down the government over Trumps trash foreign policy decisions.
We don't need a nuclear treaty with Russia anyway... We don't need trade with China... We don't need NATO... We don't need our oldest and dearest allies who have historically had our backs when crap hit the fan...

Bro, you could fill page after page with this stuff. But Putin has managed to manipulate the entire right with his internet memes and alt-right comrades talking BS rhetoric 24/7/365 for years... Under that kind of propaganda machine even the most 'intelligent' on the right didn't have a chance, let alone those who just follow Fox News like lemmings.
So... did Congress sign the deal?

I need to make plans to go to Cle, but not gonna if there is a shutdown.

Because I cant handle 4 hours in the Atl security line. My head will pop off.
Trump accused of ‘not working hard enough’ as schedule reveals he averaged one event a day in January

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-accused-apos-stopping-working-140316316.html

This is beyond sad.
Trump accused of ‘not working hard enough’ as schedule reveals he averaged one event a day in January

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-accused-apos-stopping-working-140316316.html

This is beyond sad.

yup sad......It takes all day for him to write a few stupid tweets.
the dems should shut down the government over Trumps trash foreign policy decisions.

What treaty did we just announce we are leaving? Was it INF? Anyway, last night, Russia said they were pulling out also...
yea, and russia is already stating they plan on developing new missiles.

surprise suprise. Putin has been whining about this treaty since he came into power. so ofcourse trump does him a solid.
Actually Russia has already developed mid range missiles that have broken this treaty and have been doing so for years.

Quote:
In 2014, then US President Barack Obama accused Russia of breaching the INF Treaty after it allegedly tested a ground-launched cruise missile.

On Tuesday, the Western military alliance formally accused Russia of breaking the treaty.

"Allies have concluded that Russia has developed and fielded a missile system, the 9M729, which violates the INF Treaty and poses significant risks to Euro-Atlantic security," the Nato foreign ministers' statement read.

The statement said the member nations "strongly support" the US claim that Russia is in breach of the pact, and called on Moscow to "return urgently to full and verifiable compliance".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46458604

Not only has he been whining about it, he's been breaking it.
you mean ANOTHER solid... that's what puppets do for their masters.
© DawgTalkers.net