Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
As Laura Trump said, it's only "a little bit of pain".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Made this. Thought I’d share.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Made this. Thought I’d share.

rolleyes

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well fish, he did say he would shut it down, wouldn't blame the Dems and be proud of it. Seems that pride evaporated quickly and the finger pointing began. But I mean who really expected him to be honest about it anyway?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Trump wants $5.7 Billion now and over $30 Billion total to build this to keep us safe. Defeated by a $100 ladder. Good news is ladders will be a hot commodity in Mexican border towns.

And the smart money spent on surveillance equipment and border agents stopped them.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/25/19 07:18 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Trump wants $5.7 Billion now and over $30 Billion total to build this to keep us safe. Defeated by a $100 ladder. Good news is ladders will be a hot commodity in Mexican border towns.

And the smart money spent on surveillance equipment and border agents stopped them.

I agree, technology is the primary way to go, BUT, the wall slowed them down for the technology to do it's job.

Otherwise 100 people run randomly into the country, hard to round up, versus just getting a line coming over a wall.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
until they just start building stairs on the other side of the wall.

or like trump said, maybe a rope.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Swish
until they just start building stairs on the other side of the wall.

or like trump said, maybe a rope.

Again, it would be a funnel.

I'm not saying I support a wall across the whole border, but some sections in harder to patrol areas, would help "slow" the crossings, and give patrols time to respond.

F
Legend
Legend
F

An idea on government shutdown.

I propose a law that if Congress and/or the President shut down the government, then no taxes should be collected during the shutdown.

Legend
Legend
Hey 40, how's that shutdown that trump decided not to do, working out for you now.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't figure they will want the government shut down on Easter Sunday.

I have a hard time figuring politicians will want to be sitting home Easter Sunday and the government is still shut down.

2. There's no real need to get the government back opened, (in polliticians minds) as long as nobody's really being hurt by it, and nobody is, I'd guess in their minds, because the citizenry's masses don't matter to them.

3. A week ago I said this will go to the middle of March, I mean if they didn't get it figured out before, well the end of January, or because of the way congress takes breaks, and people travel back to their districts and return to Washington,

It's going to go to March, they won't be forced to come to a deal until around the 2nd or 3rd week of March anyway,

But I guess they'll find a way to pay workers, without giving them paychecks or opening anything up,

They'll find a way to complicate things before they have to actually make a decision, because that's what government does.

OH, Easter Sunday,.. also, ... I came to that timeframe because, nobody's going to want the April 15th tax day to come around with the government shut down either.
(Because it makes their lives harder, even the rich and powerfuls' lives)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Air traffic control slowing flight spacing and traffic down today at Laguardia (ground stop) to meet current staffing levels due to shut down.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I fly to Vegas tomorrow morning for a quick overnight to install a sculpture. I hope I don’t get held up. Our delivery window on this piece is small and we only have 24 hours to get it done. Any delays in getting there will be a serious wrench in the works.

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Air traffic control slowing flight spacing and traffic down today at Laguardia (ground stop) to meet current staffing levels due to shut down.

There are a few additional airports in the east including Philly, Newark that the FAA is also slowing down because of lack of staff

E
Legend
Legend
E
Trump opening the Government for 3 weeks.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
yall watching this speech?

what an embarrassment.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah. At least he had to cave on a tempotary basis. The rest of it is no more than a propaganda crap storm.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
He needs to stfu and get off my TV.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Actually seems to me the people have the power.

The only reason Trump opened it is because the airport situation was getting out of control.

So, if it shuts down again, TSA/ATC should just not show up. Trump/Congress will have no choice but to stop this nonsense.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
man, fox news comment section is hammering trump right now. never seen it this bad before.

and yea, Trump caved. he will most likely take the border security deal the dems have been offering the entire time.

not a good day for Trump. Caved to Pelosi, ya boy got arrested, and ya other homeboy was also in court again.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Actually seems to me the people have the power.

The only reason Trump opened it is because the airport situation was getting out of control.

So, if it shuts down again, TSA/ATC should just not show up. Trump/Congress will have no choice but to stop this nonsense.

If the Democrats had any balls they should've supported a strike by federal employees.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
He needs to stfu and get off my TV.

rofl

I gotta say- you're nothing if not consistent.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

rofl

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
The speech Trump gave was awful ... I didn't get to hear the end and if he fielded any questions. Anyone get to ask about Roger Stone?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
nah he walked off after the speech. trump isn't man enough to face the firing squad after defeat like all the other presidents.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
He sounded so un-presidential today. He sounded like a used car salesman spinning and spinning ...

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
to be fair though, for the first time in history, a trump business reopened after getting shut down. MAGA?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
j/c

Andy Borowitz (New Yorker) with the caption/headline that dunked on all others:

"Pelosi Refuses to Return Trump's Testicles"

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I’m glad people are getting paid again, that’s important.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
I’m glad people are getting paid again, that’s important.

No back pay for gov’t contractors. Which is on par for all trump’s biz.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I think my favorite part about the collapse was Trump’s attempt to do damage control after Wilbur Ross’ comments, where he babbled incoherently like a nursing home patient about how grocery stores are “willing to work with people”.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Pelosi comes out and reiterates that the legislation congress is working out to fund the government will contain NO money for a wall...

Trump meets with "Failing New York Times" and says they are wasting their time in response. Somebody must have told him that Nancy has the power to stop it... and she will still make any shut down Trump's fault.

P
Legend
Legend
P
When McConnell put forth both a measure to fund the wall a a measure that did not, the measure that didn't fund the wall got more votes. Neither managed to get the 60 votes to pass it, but six Republicans crossed the aisle to vote for the measure that did not fund the wall and received more votes.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Just watching Trumps on the News about the wall and an emergency and caravans and human trafficking and horrible dems and .... rolleyes

Legend
Legend
Not only did this headline turn out to be wrong, it just might happen again.. Another looming dead line and The Donald is already saying it's a waste of time if they don't put his wall in the budget..., Pelosi doesn't appear to be backing down.

So it looks like he's going to go with the Emergency thingy... When was the state of emergency last used? 9/11 for sure.. and before that, when?

He's about to abuse that power over a crisis that doesn't exist.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not to mention opening the door for Democrats to use the same tactic in regards to climate change and healthcare. Another crap storm.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
the dems should shut down the government over Trumps trash foreign policy decisions.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
We don't need a nuclear treaty with Russia anyway... We don't need trade with China... We don't need NATO... We don't need our oldest and dearest allies who have historically had our backs when crap hit the fan...

Bro, you could fill page after page with this stuff. But Putin has managed to manipulate the entire right with his internet memes and alt-right comrades talking BS rhetoric 24/7/365 for years... Under that kind of propaganda machine even the most 'intelligent' on the right didn't have a chance, let alone those who just follow Fox News like lemmings.

E
Legend
Legend
E
So... did Congress sign the deal?

I need to make plans to go to Cle, but not gonna if there is a shutdown.

Because I cant handle 4 hours in the Atl security line. My head will pop off.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Trump accused of ‘not working hard enough’ as schedule reveals he averaged one event a day in January

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-accused-apos-stopping-working-140316316.html

This is beyond sad.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Trump decides not to shut down the government

Link Copied to Clipboard