A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Freddie Kitchens Introductory Press Conference
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/live

12 PM Today About now smile

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
Dorsey in a suit and tie? Who is that man?

Legend
Legend
Freddie says that he'll be the one calling the plays.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I like him - he's fantastically personable - I just hope he's the right guy and deeper than he portrays himself. Humble and focused and simple is one thing ... but got to believe that to be the best HC for the Browns there is a lot more we don't see/hear.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
He sounds like one of us. This rocks.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
He believes that no one is ever a finished product.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

He doesn't sound like me. I hope he's a football genius and not just country dumb like he comes across. The good ole boy act doesn't do much for me. I've known far to many good ole boys that weren't.

I'm excited about what he did as OC and hope it carries over to HC and we keep winning. Then he can do interviews with a beer in his hand and be as relatable as he wants.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/14/19 01:44 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just caught the last 5 minutes or so of the t/c. Must admit, I am impressed with Freddie. A no-nonsense type of guy...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Browns HC Freddie Kitchens: “Let's not fool ourselves, this game's about winning. If you don't wear Brown and Orange, you don't matter."

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 01/14/19 01:48 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He didn't sound dumb to me. Actually, pretty articulate. It is his dialect that makes him sound good ole boyish, but dumb - hell no.

He's a breath of fresh air instead of just hearing coach speak.

Legend
Legend
I like him even more after the presser than I did before.

Great leaders set the agenda, and empower those under their command to be great. I think that's the kind of leader Freddie will be. Great leaders listen to those all around them and use all of that information to make the best decisions. I think that Freddie will do that as well.

There is no doubt what his goals are. Win the Super Bowl, and do so by winning the next game. I can't wait!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think that hat is glued to his skull.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Hammer
He didn't sound dumb to me. Actually, pretty articulate. It is his dialect that makes him sound good ole boyish, but dumb - hell no.

Country dumb is not dumb. It's when a guy acts like he is dumber than he really is... acts like a hick to be likeable and fool others into perceiving he is dumb.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/14/19 01:51 PM.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
His kids say everyone wants his Orange Dawg Pound Hoodie.

Love it

Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I love the confidence and chip on his shoulder but he seemed a tad bit defensive to some questions that I didn't think came close to warranting such a response. Maybe just not the best with the media, which I couldn't care less about. Only need positive results on the field.

Welcome aboard, Freddie!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

He doesn't sound like me. I hope he's a football genius and not just country dumb like he comes across. The good ole boy act doesn't do much for me. I've known far to many good ole boys that weren't.

I'm excited about what he did as OC and hope it carries over to HC and we keep winning. Then he can do interviews with a beer in his hand and be as relatable as he wants.

Do you ever make a post without your bigotry getting in the way?

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I hope he wins for a couple of reasons. The first is a selfish reason in that I want to see the Browns win. The second is that he and this staff will get abused if this team doesn't live up to the lofty expectations because there is going to plenty of ammunition on hand. Our fans always start off loving the new coaches, but that doesn't last long.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I hope he wins for a couple of reasons. The first is a selfish reason in that I want to see the Browns win. The second is that he and this staff will get abused if this team doesn't live up to the lofty expectations because there is going to plenty of ammunition on hand. Our fans always start off loving the new coaches, but that doesn't last long.

Well sure if you consider my expectation of 13-3 next year as "lofty". tongue

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

Country dumb is not dumb. It's when a guy acts like he is dumber than he really is... acts like a hick to be likeable and fool others into perceiving he is dumb.

It's not "acting" dumb.. it's just a slower speech pattern with that country drawl... that's the way he talks, that's the way a lot of people in the south talk... thinking that he is "acting" is pretty pathetic...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I'll look forward to watching it later

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B

He's not acting like a hick. That is what people from Alabama sound like.

I don't know where you are from, I'll say Ohio. You sound funny to people from Alabama. Get over it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's really all it is. It's why Yankees get such a bad name. If you don't sound like them, you must be dumb.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I don't know where you are from, I'll say Ohio. You sound funny to people from Alabama. Get over it.

Cleveland born;
I was 14 years of my adult life living in the south, and know some pretty sharp pencils, and good neighborly people.

Besides some of the dumbest people I ever meet, their names are preceded by a title of such.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
BIG DUMB HICK. It may not be what he is, but it definitely what he sounds like to me. There is nothing prejudiced about that, nothing wrong with that perception. All people from Alabama might talk like this and I would say the same about them.

I'm not saying FK is dumb because I don't know that, I'm saying he sounds like a big dumb hick... JMHO.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns got it right.

B
Legend
Legend
B
BIG DUMB HICK. It may not be what he is, but it definitely what he sounds like to me. There is nothing prejudiced about that, nothing wrong with that perception. All people from Alabama might talk like this and I would say the same about them.

I'm not saying FK is dumb because I don't know that, I'm saying he sounds like a big dumb hick... JMHO.

Whatever. Seems about the same to me as if people said black folk look like criminals.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I think that hat is glued to his skull.

Did you ever seen him without it,,, He's close to totally bald..LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Actually, he appears to be sneaky smart... Don't underestimate this guy...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Browns HC Freddie Kitchens: “Let's not fool ourselves, this game's about winning. If you don't wear Brown and Orange, you don't matter."

For certain my favorite quote/part of the press conference.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just because a man walks slow and talks slow, doesn't mean he is slow. Michael Lombardi is a fast talker,where did that hire put us?

M
Legend
Legend
M
The accent and sounding from the South doesn't bother me one bit. I've traveled all over AL, GA, and the Carolina's.

When he says "the record could have been 3-15 or whatever, I'm not so good with numbers" ... or whatever the exact words were ... is he being falsely modest and falsely playing up the part? As I said, he's immensely likable. I hope it runs much much deeper than that.

A
Legend
Legend
A

If you'd have grown up in Alabama, you'd talk that way also.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I actually like the accents present in the world society.

The southern accent/s. The Australian accent, the Boston accent, the British accent, the Indian accent (from India).

And, I'm smart enough to know that had I grown up somewhere else, I'd have similar traits.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
First off if you had listened to him not just heard him you'd know just how smart he is. Gee where did I get that?
I have no trouble w/ anyone's speech pattern or accent... but if you do... read the transcript...

He didn't pretend to know exactly what he's doing and is smart enough to know he doesn't. That's refreshing!
Smart enough to ask for help and not to surround himself w/ Yes Men.

That said this man has a Mission and it's a Trophy.
(Same Mission we have!)
I would not want to be a player or coach that gets in his way.

T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
Freddie has freely admitted he's never been one to "sell himself", which won't ever allow him to be media savvy, but his communication skills, where it counts (with the players, staff, and management), speak for themselves. Plus, as he said, he's not a finished product, and he likely will improve in that area if he chooses to, but I doubt that will ever be high on his list of priorities. Is BB media savvy? As Freddy would say, Hell no. Judge him by results, that's all he asks. What you see is what you get, and I like what I see.

Last edited by ThomasE; 01/14/19 03:56 PM.
All Pro
All Pro
My favorite quote was words to the effect of "We could have gone 3-15 or whatever. I ain't good at math..." He's obviously a big picture kind of guy. One thing is for sure. He's going to let people know what's on his mind. Seems like the kind of guy who expects his players to self-motivate to a large part. Either they want to be there or not, so to speak.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Well then there is NY ....forget about it....

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I actually like the accents present in the world society.

The southern accent/s. The Australian accent, the Boston accent, the British accent, the Indian accent (from India).

And, I'm smart enough to know that had I grown up somewhere else, I'd have similar traits.

I do as well. I like to see if I can determine the Australian from the NZ and some times SA, when they are not speaking SA, but English. In the process we learn that we really are not so different after all thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Why are we discussing his accent?

Can we please get back to the fact that he’s the major reason our season got turned around, and now as a HC has surrounded himself with an excellent staff?

I said the day he was promoted to OC that for whatever reason, I really liked Kitchens for whatever reason.

Today’s press conference told me why: he’s the guy we’ve been searching for since 99. We’re in good hands.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Freddie Kitchens Introductory Press Conference

Link Copied to Clipboard